Today's update is focused on power updates to Warriors and Rangers, and also includes a new damage resistance cap for all players.
Damage Resistance Caps
Resist Caps: All classes now have a hard damage resistance cap that applies to all resists. In plain terms, you can still wear 100% resistance, but it will stop being effective when you reach your class cap.
Class Caps: Tank classes (Warrior, Paladin and Blackguard) have their caps set at 85%. All other classes are capped at 75% resistances. These initial values may change in the future.
Special Powers: Some powers have the ability to bypass these caps. These are: shroud of shadow, shield of warding and iron warrior.
Display: The score and attribute commands will show your effective caps. That is, they will not show values that exceed your cap.
Warrior Power Updates
Before now, Warriors suffered from feeling a little too slow for today's game. The recharges on many powers were too long to be used effectively, and did not compare well with the fast recharges on the other tank classes' spells. These updates are an attempt to address that, and bring Warriors more in balance with the other tanks.
Two handed weapon powers
The 2H powers have been changed to create a new rotation similar to Hexblades, while the defensive powers have seen a nearly universal reduction in times to allow them to slot right into weapon power rotations.
- Skullcrusher: Recharge reduced to 12s.
- Unyielding Avalanche: Recharge increased to 28s.
- Rain of Steel: Recharge reduced to 28s
The defensive powers have been adjusted across the board to be available for use much more often. In exchange, their effective durations have been reduced. This should allow the defensive powers to be used regularly right along with weapon powers to create interesting rotations and tactical thinking.
- No Opening: Duration and recharge reduced to 30s.
- Unbreakable: Recharge reduced from 3 minutes to 1 minute. Duration reduced from 1 minute to 12s.
- Unstoppable: Recharge reduced from 5 minutes to 1 minute. Max healing amount reduced from 250hp to 100hp.
- Heroic Defiance: Recharge reduced from 5 minutes to 1 minute.
- Iron Warrior: Recharged reduced from 7 minutes to 3 minutes. Hit point duration reduced from 1 minute to 30s. Resistance duration is now 12s.
- Diamond Shield Defense: This power has been completely reworked. Rather than a blur effect, this now grants 15% resistance to elemental, psionic, mental, and alignment based damage. It has a 1 minute recharge with a 12s duration.
Storm of Destruction
Storm of Destruction has been significantly overhauled and is now a highly available area bash power unique to Warriors. It is now able to slot into weapon power rotations and has had its damage component reduced to compensate.
- Storm of Destruction: Recharge reduced from 7 minutes to 56s. Damage reduced to 100%.
Ranger Archery Updates
We've updated the recharge times on the Archery power set to give this class a more effective rotation and increase it's overall damage.
- Splintering Shot: Recharge reduced from 24s to 12s. Dazed effect reduced from 12s to 8s.
- Concussive Shot: Recharged reduced from 36s to 28s. Stun reduced from 12s to 8s.
- Hail of Arrows: Recharge reduced from 36s to 28s.
- Knockdown Shot: Knockdown lag on target increased from 4s to 8s.
Just so we're all on the same page, it's worth noting that all of these changes should be considered provisional. Your feedback is vital to finding the right balance for these classes. Please take some time to experiment with these changes and share your feedback in a GitHub issue, on Discord, or via email.
Thank you for being a part of the Toril community. I hope you all enjoy the updates.