Search found 3714 matches

by Kifle
Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:13 pm
Forum: T2 General Discussion Archive
Topic: Japanese Quake/Tsunami
Replies: 3
Views: 1344

Re: Japanese Quake/Tsunami

Heard on the news here that the tsunami hit Hawaii this morning. Is everything ok over there?
by Kifle
Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:18 am
Forum: T2 General Discussion Archive
Topic: Japanese Quake/Tsunami
Replies: 3
Views: 1344

Japanese Quake/Tsunami

Apparently Japan just got hit by a huge tsunami caused by an 8.9 quake off the NE coast. I'm sitting in Auckland, NZ right now, but I don't think a tsunami will get here; however, they are issuing a warning. Australia is also on that list. I know there are some of us are in Australia, so be careful ...
by Kifle
Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:14 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue
Replies: 41
Views: 1600

Re: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue

kiryan wrote:kifle, the opposite argument would be, thats what you get when the government spends more money than it has.


I never said that wasn't the case. I'm only point out the idiocy of cutting taxes to get votes from idiots that don't understand what happens when you cut taxes with a huge deficit.
by Kifle
Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:47 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Canadian health care allocation officials
Replies: 14
Views: 1003

Re: Canadian health care allocation officials

They could potentially get it from outside of the country. However, do note that much of their wealth is being taken by their government to pay for the healthcare they aren't receiving. Eh, I'll probably never get social security, and I don't get welfare and other things. I don't get benefit from t...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue
Replies: 41
Views: 1600

Re: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue

This is what happens when you cut taxes... they find another way to take it from you. Kudos republicans :) Hey we just cut taxes! Hrm... now we can't pay for all this stuff. Well, we can't raise taxes because that makes us look bad, lets just fine people for smoking, drinking, driving, parking, walk...
by Kifle
Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:33 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Got a medical school interview
Replies: 7
Views: 714

Re: Got a medical school interview

kiryan wrote:wear skirts frequently, purely for my visual enjoyment

put up with my magnamonius self adulation

unquestioning obedience to my will (although I've been known to grant religious exceptions to 3some requests).


Would I have to go to church on sunday?
by Kifle
Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:26 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: black student picked to play role of "slave"
Replies: 19
Views: 1116

Re: black student picked to play role of "slave"

I suppose that kids can learn most of what they do at school by doing other things -- like reading and watching pbs; however, they go to school to learn, and the usefulness of what the teacher did has been shown. It comes down crybabies crying over things they are told they need to cry about. If you...
by Kifle
Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:58 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Got a medical school interview
Replies: 7
Views: 714

Re: Got a medical school interview

kiryan wrote:I prefer to think of myself as a mangina


That job is already taken, and I don't think you have the necessary credentials to join my ranks. Also, what are the requirements to join your harem? I would like a doctor wife.
by Kifle
Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Got a medical school interview
Replies: 7
Views: 714

Re: Got a medical school interview

I successfully got my wife a medical school interview. Thats the last step before a decision on acceptance so we've beat out all but 60 people for 20 slots. Now you may think this thread is about her, but its really about me, the plans I created and executed and how she is pretty close to achieving...
by Kifle
Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:27 am
Forum: T2 General Discussion Archive
Topic: LA again
Replies: 0
Views: 1730

LA again

Ok, going to be at LAX on a layover to NZ again (10hrs this time :(). Who wants to come pick me up for dinner?
by Kifle
Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: black student picked to play role of "slave"
Replies: 19
Views: 1116

Re: black student picked to play role of "slave"

I am serious, though. It's incredibly poor taste to have a mock slave auction in class. What is it teaching these kids? What they'll see and experience is nothing like what really happened, so why do it? And I'm not referring to the specific issue of color, here. What was this teacher going to do n...
by Kifle
Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: grandma at 23?
Replies: 18
Views: 1038

Re: grandma at 23?

I bet if she went to church, this never would have happened.
by Kifle
Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:04 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: The responsible choice, not being a parent anymore LOL
Replies: 18
Views: 1048

Re: The responsible choice, not being a parent anymore LOL

Nobody is celebrating the woman for leaving; however, it is more than likely best for the child in the long run. In life, you generally choose between the lesser of the two evils, not the good and the evil. Life is about compromise, settling, and trying to make the best of situations. The child will...
by Kifle
Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:31 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: The responsible choice, not being a parent anymore LOL
Replies: 18
Views: 1048

Re: The responsible choice, not being a parent anymore LOL

I believe that the issue at hand is not that she wasn't a good mother, the issue is that she didn't become a good mother. The way I see it, the general question (presented by the article and its commentators) of "if the mother stays would it be less beneficial to the child" makes the incr...
by Kifle
Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:24 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: The responsible choice, not being a parent anymore LOL
Replies: 18
Views: 1048

Re: The responsible choice, not being a parent anymore LOL

What if the mother staying would be less beneficial to the child? Say the woman can't connect on that level with the children, they will notice this subconsciously. This will cause problems. Now, if the man remarries a woman who does form that bond with the children, aren't the children better off? ...
by Kifle
Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:20 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: black student picked to play role of "slave"
Replies: 19
Views: 1116

Re: black student picked to play role of "slave"

Maybe the teacher thought 150 years was long enough to wait before he was able to be color blind? The best thing for african-americans is to be treated equal. Equality would state that black kids should be able to both play the master and slave in a mock representation of the times. He did exactly w...
by Kifle
Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:01 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Iowa ban on same-sex marriage...
Replies: 135
Views: 6085

Re: Iowa ban on same-sex marriage...

kiryan wrote:I sure do Ragorn~ unfortunately even if polygamy becomes legal... I can't convince Laurel to even go for a 3 some =(


That has to suck :)
by Kifle
Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:31 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: black student picked to play role of "slave"
Replies: 19
Views: 1116

Re: black student picked to play role of "slave"

It's fucking retarded and the kid should get whatever punishment a white kid would for refusing to participate in class. At this point, we're talking, at best, a three generation gap between slavery and a teenager -- at the very best. These people wouldn't know what it was like to be a slave just as...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

ID focuses heavily on counter-claims against the study of evolution, yes. The debate doesn't center on whether Intelligent Design is correct, it focuses on exposing small cracks in the fossil record in an attempt to cast doubt on evolution as a macro theory. ID proponents like to point out a couple...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:19 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 9166

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

isn't that some sort of fallacy kifle? if they didn't do it, someone would? The point is not someone would do it, the point is they are doing it. and the left does have rose colored glasses on... they hold up one shining immigrant example and gloss over the damage caused by the other 99... whether ...
by Kifle
Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:03 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 9166

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

The sad thing about crimes committed by illegal immigrants is that they weren't supposed to be here to commit the crime in the first place. Illegal immigrants are simply illegally here. They should be deported assuming we can catch them. If they weren't selling drugs in those territories, somebody ...
by Kifle
Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:01 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

Teflor going back on ignore soon. Not interested in hacking out 40% of your posts to remove the insults. There were no insults in my post unless you chose to identify yourself with the unscientific and intellectually dishonest. Also: who cares about who you have on ignore? If you're going to do it,...
by Kifle
Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:33 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: be happy not gay tshirt is protected!
Replies: 12
Views: 782

Re: be happy not gay tshirt is protected!

I agree that the shirt should have been allowed to be worn; however, I've seen schools have kids take band t-shirts off due to opinionated material. Do schools allow kids to wear pro pot shirts? I was under the impression that schools have the right to stifle opinions from kids through clothing.
by Kifle
Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:17 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Question for Corth: Unions
Replies: 24
Views: 1182

Re: Question for Corth: Unions

I agree, but what about states where you can't fire a worker for no reason?
by Kifle
Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:15 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 9166

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

yes. to counter the rose colored glasses the left wants everyone to wear. We don't call them illegal immigrants anymore, they are "citizens of mexico" or "undocumented worker" or people who "do the work American's won't do". They are in fact breaking US law by being he...
by Kifle
Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 9166

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

I understand you want to shift the debate, you want to call them undocumented workers instead of criminals or illegal immigrants, but American citizens have specific rights granted to and enshrined by our government. Mexican citizens do not have the same rights as American citizens... You want to s...
by Kifle
Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:28 pm
Forum: T2 General Discussion Archive
Topic: What does Triterium mean?
Replies: 2
Views: 6056

Re: What does Triterium mean?

Three teriums, duh!
by Kifle
Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:15 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 9166

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

More of those jobs that american's won't do. Being in gangs and selling drugs http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/01/americas-war-operation-southern-tempest-targets-gangs/?test=latestnews “These are not simply drug dealers,” ICE Director John Morton told Fox News. “We are talking about violent street...
by Kifle
Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:48 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

That's not research, Kiryan, those are just questions. Here's how real science goes: Hrm, eyeball question, we need to rework the theory a bit and then test it to see if the theory is correct once fixed (theories always evolve, constantly looking towards truth). Here's how ID "research goes&quo...
by Kifle
Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:08 am
Forum: T2 General Discussion Archive
Topic: Cheers!
Replies: 8
Views: 2061

Re: Cheers!

Nice to see you again, Lirela! I got tricked into an RP server with a few friends...
by Kifle
Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:31 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Mom arrested for child abuse
Replies: 7
Views: 573

Re: Mom arrested for child abuse

That may be so, Tef, but we all make bad judgments all the time -- children just amplify them in perspective.
by Kifle
Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:30 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Iowa ban on same-sex marriage...
Replies: 135
Views: 6085

Re: Iowa ban on same-sex marriage...

This conversation has gone over to the ridiculous. I'll put it bluntly, the general consensus opinion of the medical and scientific communities is that sexuality isn't necessarily a choice, however, no single biological cause has been identified as determining sexual orientation. Some evidence has ...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States
Replies: 38
Views: 2065

Re: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States

... it touches your life every day in your taxes (assuming you work). People outside of the top 10% of income earners really don't pay all that much in taxes though. I paid almost 26K in taxes last year -- that's a lot. And that's just federal. Not including sales tax, gas tax, etc. Get a tax shelt...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:36 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Obama decides not to defend laws he doesn't agree with
Replies: 26
Views: 1510

Re: Obama decides not to enforce laws he doesn't agree with

Corth wrote:That's absolutely correct Teflor. And really I have no problem at all with the Executive branch making it's own determination on what laws it will defend. I'd like to see more of that actually.


Doesn't that give the executive too much control over the legislative, peripherally?
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:33 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States
Replies: 38
Views: 2065

Re: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States

Teflor Lyorian wrote:
kiryan wrote:... it touches your life every day in your taxes (assuming you work).

People outside of the top 10% of income earners really don't pay all that much in taxes though.


I paid almost 26K in taxes last year -- that's a lot. And that's just federal. Not including sales tax, gas tax, etc.
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:23 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Mom arrested for child abuse
Replies: 7
Views: 573

Re: Mom arrested for child abuse

Every parent makes mistakes. The system tends to want to believe that parents have a camera system in every room, eyes in the back of their heads, don't need to sleep, and should be mindful of a child's actions every second of the day. I can't name one parent who hasn't lost their child for a few mo...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:16 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Iowa ban on same-sex marriage...
Replies: 135
Views: 6085

Re: Iowa ban on same-sex marriage...

kiryan wrote:are you attracted to 17 year old girls Sarvis? Are you a pedophile?

I'll get to it, don't have time to research right now.


The criminal justice system in some states would say yes, some would say no. It is a question of law rather than philosophy.
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:15 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Iowa ban on same-sex marriage...
Replies: 135
Views: 6085

Re: Iowa ban on same-sex marriage...

Kiryan, the article I linked showed species that engage in life long bonds with same sex partners, having sex and the rest. The times when these species engage in intercourse with the opposite sex is only for procreation. That does not make them bisexual. Bisexuality is when there is an attraction, ...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:50 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States
Replies: 38
Views: 2065

Re: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States

I didn't say I agreed with it, and I don't think that it is right that unions bar employment without membership. But, for the time being, until union laws are changed, you don't have to work at a company that has a union. I see that as being the same as not wanting to work for a company because the...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:47 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States
Replies: 38
Views: 2065

Re: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States

Corth wrote:That's how they taught me to do it in middle school! Yesterday was my birthday so I'm now 36 years old. Thanks for rubbing in the fact that I'm outdated. :)


Well, happy birthday. And don't worry, we're all very close in age around here, sadly.
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:45 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

If you say so. It's still the most appropriate time for specialization. Most people that would have been successful in college could have probably escaped public education before high school or just after starting with a GED. Really, public education just isn't for the people who would have perform...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:44 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

Pretty sure my education in science was better than yours, as you seem to be forgetting the Dalton (solid sphere) and Thompson (pudding) models (also taught in the vast majority of high school chemistry classes), but ok. Because my education in science stopped at high school... Now you make ad homi...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:33 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

If you say so. It's still the most appropriate time for specialization. Most people that would have been successful in college could have probably escaped public education before high school or just after starting with a GED. Really, public education just isn't for the people who would have perform...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:29 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States
Replies: 38
Views: 2065

Re: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States

Kifle, Public unions negotiate with politicians. You don't think it is a conflict of interest to allow them to make campaign contributions to them? It's basically bribery. I have no issue with private sector unions being politically active, but if you are going to have public unions then they shoul...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:25 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States
Replies: 38
Views: 2065

Re: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States

Kifle, my problem with #2 is because of #1. I don't have a problem with union's contributing politically if the contributions are strictly voluntary. and I don't mean voluntary because you accepted a union job. I mean voluntarily you give them your money to use in political manners separate from an...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:15 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

Interesting, you rely upon the exact same insults you criticize. My advice to you? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. The other hilarious thing is that I never said anything about 'new' Teflor - that was an observation by other people, which I did not comment on the correctness of....
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:13 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

Sarvis wrote:
Kifle wrote:Clearly your education in argument and logic was lacking.



You just figured that out?


Nah, just needed reminding, I suppose.
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:12 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

Pretty sure my education in science was better than yours, as you seem to be forgetting the Dalton (solid sphere) and Thompson (pudding) models (also taught in the vast majority of high school chemistry classes), but ok. Because my education in science stopped at high school... Now you make ad homi...
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:10 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.
Replies: 189
Views: 8599

Re: healthcare law will cost 800,000 jobs.

Interesting, you rely upon the exact same insults you criticize. My advice to you? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. The other hilarious thing is that I never said anything about 'new' Teflor - that was an observation by other people, which I did not comment on the correctness of....
by Kifle
Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:54 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States
Replies: 38
Views: 2065

Re: Teachers' Unions - Illegal in Five States

Kifle, my problem with #2 is because of #1. I don't have a problem with union's contributing politically if the contributions are strictly voluntary. and I don't mean voluntary because you accepted a union job. I mean voluntarily you give them your money to use in political manners separate from an...

Go to advanced search