Search found 3714 matches

by Kifle
Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:49 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?
Replies: 39
Views: 4980

Re: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?

Here is an article which outlines the decline in Christianity from 8% to 15%. Notice also the decline from childhood church goers to teenage goers to adult goers. The numbers, if you don't want to read the article, go from 95% in elementary down to 55% in high school. That's a 40% decline in the age...
by Kifle
Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:42 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?
Replies: 39
Views: 4980

Re: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?

Also, can you show me causation between genetics and any of the behaviors you cited? I haven't seen it. Here is a species independent history of behavioral genetics http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/behavior.shtml Here is one specific to developmental behavior in children http...
by Kifle
Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:33 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?
Replies: 39
Views: 4980

Re: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?

Surely you've heard of the cycle of violence Ashiwi? How many of those kids that were sexually abused did become gay? Or rather look at the # of gay people that were sexually abused as children... Or the patterns of alcoholism? Polygamy? Kifle, How do you figure "now we are aethiests". My...
by Kifle
Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:08 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?
Replies: 39
Views: 4980

Re: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?

Teflor Lyorian wrote:Actually, evidence exists that indicates that sexual orientation has environmental influences. For instance, one study I came across found that homosexual men were more likely to have an older brother.


All homosexual men were found to have parents. Correlation =/= causation. This shows nothing.
by Kifle
Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:04 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Making MJ illegal again
Replies: 13
Views: 2121

Re: Making MJ illegal again

I don't really think the 2.5yr old is smoking MJ -- the parents are using the card for personal use. I don't think that the child's smoking habits should be taken seriously in the argument as that is more than likely not happening. The fact that the kid has a card, yes, that's pretty bad. In this ca...
by Kifle
Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:53 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Is this your America? Public school bans home made lunches.
Replies: 17
Views: 2299

Re: Is this your America? Public school bans home made lunches.

The only reason I'm torn on it is because I think obesity is a serious issue with our children, and I really don't think they need access to junkfood at school. But the addendum there is "unless their parents send it with them." The parents should have the final say in what the kids eat. ...
by Kifle
Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:36 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Spending Cuts
Replies: 41
Views: 2799

Re: Spending Cuts

madness is of course the abstinence position, not the continued sexualization of our society and the entitlement mentality. well here you go, 11 year olds can get free condoms in Philly, I think some elementary school district in Boston hands out condoms to anyone, even kindergartners. but yea push...
by Kifle
Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:33 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Pell Grants
Replies: 35
Views: 5680

Re: Pell Grants

I get the impression the cliche 'college teaches you how to think' is perhaps the most important thing that the colleges try to instill in their subjects. Is there an element of truth in it? Perhaps. It might really also be a bit of a coincidence. Are 18-22 year olds receptive to new ideas because ...
by Kifle
Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:27 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?
Replies: 39
Views: 4980

Re: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?

the problem with your suggestion 1) I am not most people. 2) once their 17 its obviously too late, but that's not what im talking about. i'm talking about from birth raising a kid to be gay... 1) No, but your kids are most kids. Statistically, even one of your children being that brainwashed is imp...
by Kifle
Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:09 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?
Replies: 39
Views: 4980

Re: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?

The power of authority is amazing. I think nazi's committed unspeakable atrocities against millions of people based on some orders... not even from a figure as trusted as a parent... but you don't think you could make anyone gay? at least gay in a practicing buttsecks fashion. You may not be able t...
by Kifle
Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: reasonable discrimination or not?
Replies: 15
Views: 2044

Re: reasonable discrimination or not?

He had reassignment surgery to become a man. He should be allowed to participate in all activities open to men. I see no problem with him holding a job restricted to men only. And let's remember that the job market has been very tight recently. Why would you assume that he took a "men only&quo...
by Kifle
Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:43 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Pell Grants
Replies: 35
Views: 5680

Re: Pell Grants

Teflor Lyorian wrote:Umm. Just pay your income taxes?


I think the point would be those who've used the program using their benefits to pay back into the program -- freeing up funds from income taxes for other things.
by Kifle
Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:43 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Spending Cuts
Replies: 41
Views: 2799

Re: Spending Cuts

With defeatists like you guys, of course nothing will ever change for the better. When what has been tried failed miserably, again and again, there's nothing defeatist about it. It's common sense to stop sticking your hand in fire if you get burned, especially after numerous times. I don't remember...
by Kifle
Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:40 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: reasonable discrimination or not?
Replies: 15
Views: 2044

Re: reasonable discrimination or not?

It's really not that hard, you see, IP addresses give away a lot with a court order. Now an idiot might have a hard time suing, because, well, they're stupid, but just as a warning, if any funny looking lawyer gets tossed this as a civil rights case, you may have a problem. Unlikely, but I felt lik...
by Kifle
Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:17 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Pell Grants
Replies: 35
Views: 5680

Re: Pell Grants

I was having a discussion with a college professor today about student loans, Pell grants, etc. The professor and I shared very similar views regarding Pell grants, especially considering the federal deficit. My personal belief is that Pell grants are a great thing. I would not have been able to af...
by Kifle
Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:05 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: reasonable discrimination or not?
Replies: 15
Views: 2044

Re: reasonable discrimination or not?

Generally, discrimination based on what you've said is flat-out illegal. You could probably be successfully sued personally by any applicant that you reviewed that could connect your forum post with your identity and your former company fined and forced to hire those people. While the bulk of regul...
by Kifle
Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:47 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?
Replies: 39
Views: 4980

Re: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?

I think most parents automatically try to force children into gender rolls, buying girls pink dresses and getting thier ears pierced, playing rough with boys, telling them to suck it up when they get little hurts. I think kifle is right in the fact that the only thing a good parent can do is suppor...
by Kifle
Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:45 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?
Replies: 39
Views: 4980

Re: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?

Guess what, you may accept it, but the boys 8 year old friends from school wont, they will label your son a freak and he will be the target of bullying and tormenting for a long time. Some parents might demand that the world accept who they make thier children into, but that doesnt mean that the wo...
by Kifle
Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?
Replies: 39
Views: 4980

Re: Finger polish on a boy... is it really no big deal?

Anyone who forces their child into a gender identify is a bad parent. That goes for the idiot in the article, and it also goes for all the fail parents who paint their little girls' fingernails when they're a year old, before they understand what they're doing. I agree, but you have to admit, it's ...
by Kifle
Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: reasonable discrimination or not?
Replies: 15
Views: 2044

Re: reasonable discrimination or not?

Companies should be allowed to protect themselves from such liabilities. Either the state shields the company from lawsuits patients might bring from having a transgender person watch them pee, or the company should be allowed to decide who gets to watch. This. Until there is protection for the hir...
by Kifle
Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:50 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Is this your America? Public school bans home made lunches.
Replies: 17
Views: 2299

Re: Is this your America? Public school bans home made lunches.

I think we should just teach self-control. You can't teach self-control if you regulate a child's every move. By doing things such as these, you are just making them less equipped to deal with freedom when they get older -- if we have any left when they get older. Screwing around with the developmen...
by Kifle
Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:44 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Spending Cuts
Replies: 41
Views: 2799

Re: Spending Cuts

Just a random thought/question, but could the military budget be reduced even further if there were more competing contractors? Even further, would you say that the military budget is monopolized by a buddy system in that the cheapest contracts aren't sought, but, rather, the contracts go to the bud...
by Kifle
Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:39 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Al Shartpon vs Hannity
Replies: 10
Views: 926

Re: Al Shartpon vs Hannity

Don't underestimate Sharpton. He's a sly bastard - and his motivation is money. I would say that power and fame motivate Sharpton much more. Money is simply the tool to get what he wants. It is no mystery that Sharpton is what the republicans blame Obama of being. Which republicans? The one's which...
by Kifle
Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:19 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Al Shartpon vs Hannity
Replies: 10
Views: 926

Re: Al Shartpon vs Hannity

Corth wrote:Don't underestimate Sharpton. He's a sly bastard - and his motivation is money.


I would say that power and fame motivate Sharpton much more. Money is simply the tool to get what he wants. It is no mystery that Sharpton is what the republicans blame Obama of being.
by Kifle
Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:53 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Al Shartpon vs Hannity
Replies: 10
Views: 926

Re: Al Shartpon vs Hannity

Or Sharpton realizes that his racial bias only got him so far last time he attempted to run. He's posturing. Nothing has changed. He's still the racist chariacture of a person he always was.
by Kifle
Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:41 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Muslim vs Mormon and free speech
Replies: 77
Views: 5204

Re: Muslim vs Mormon and free speech

So if publishing playboy = UN deaths you would be against publishing playboy? What if they were rioting against women voting and or homosexuality? I think I pretty much understand your position, obey anyone willing to kill you to force their ideology on you. I'm curious do all your liberal friends ...
by Kifle
Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: the ultimate in regulation retardation.
Replies: 42
Views: 4949

Re: the ultimate in regulation retardation.

I didn't feel like starting a whole new thread, but this kind of crap is stupid. This chick needs a several thousand dollar permit to sell $2,500 a year of produce from her 4500 sqft garden in Oakland. An official is spot on here, he says the problem is the rules that were written 50 years ago. How...
by Kifle
Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:06 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Muslim vs Mormon and free speech
Replies: 77
Views: 5204

Re: Muslim vs Mormon and free speech

Yeah, he really, really, REALLY sounds offended there! Look at the harsh criticism hidden within "may attempt to entertain!" He's clearly more pissed off about this than anyone else ever has been in the history of everything! For fuck's sake he's issuing a statement because idiots like yo...
by Kifle
Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:55 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 15849

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

I find the trolling in this thread to be interesting. Nothing has been posted here to directly argue any of the crimes Kiryan has posted, or the immigration status of the accused. While I understand why people would find this thread to be distasteful, it still highlights a very important matter rel...
by Kifle
Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:01 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 15849

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704355304576214443126694256.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_careerjournal ==Well not my usual criminal illegal, but more of those jobs that even American's won't do? Jaime Lopez used to earn $14 an hour, plus benefits, as a maintenance man for an office build...
by Kifle
Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:12 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 15849

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

From the 2010 numbers of 11.2 mil that I've found, that would make about 3.5%. Not sure if the numbers are correct, but I don't see there being much of a variation there more than 1 %.
by Kifle
Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:08 pm
Forum: T2 General Discussion Archive
Topic: Bald is Beautiful
Replies: 11
Views: 4993

Re: Bald is Beautiful

I don't have the proper head shape, so I'll stick with what I have. The beard helps :)
by Kifle
Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:43 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Curious to know others thoughts on this article
Replies: 4
Views: 823

Re: Curious to know others thoughts on this article

I'm a fan of loophole exploits.
by Kifle
Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:41 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 15849

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

What is the basis of your claim that crime commited by illegals is insignificant? Even if you ignore the fact they are by definition illegal, you have a much higher incarceration rate (although not as high as African Americans) for hispanics (generalizing hispanics as illegals although this is plai...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:03 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: apple pulls "anti gay" app
Replies: 37
Views: 2772

Re: apple pulls "anti gay" app

I'm for fairness. If the rules were the same for everyone, I'd bitch a lot less. As long a folks are going to go around and say we can do this, but this almost identical thing is bad because its labeled Religion (or something else), I'm going to argue that its ridiculous. Name one thing a liberal h...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:58 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 15849

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

Shrug you can think its stupid all you want. I think its stupid that liberals go around trumpeting the cause of illegals like they can ONLY do good. Theres a good and a bad and no one on your side wants to talk about the bad. No, it's not that they don't want to talk about the bad... maybe they do ...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:52 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: apple pulls "anti gay" app
Replies: 37
Views: 2772

Re: apple pulls "anti gay" app

so what you're saying is that if Apple decided to start blocking gay porn and only gay porn, you'd be ok with that and wouldn't have a damn thing to say or protest. No, because I love lesbian porn. I'd be miffed. Again, there is a huge difference and your analogies are not analogous. Being gay is s...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:46 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Not even the Reagans like Sarah Palin
Replies: 69
Views: 3338

Re: Not even the Reagans like Sarah Palin

Conservatives, by and large, will attack something based mostly on belief (speaking mainly of the religious right) == You might as well said dark skinned instead of conservatives. while liberals will defend something (and at times attack) through use of logic and pointing out a hypocrisy on the rig...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:24 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Not even the Reagans like Sarah Palin
Replies: 69
Views: 3338

Re: Not even the Reagans like Sarah Palin

I think liberals are sheep from time to time; however, the ideologies are from different thought processes. Conservatives, by and large, will attack something based mostly on belief (speaking mainly of the religious right) while liberals will defend something (and at times attack) through use of log...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:21 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: undocumented worker or criminal illegal
Replies: 93
Views: 15849

Re: undocumented worker or criminal illegal

And at the end of the day, illegals account for .000001% of the crime in this country. WE MUST STOP THE INVASION THAT IS DESTROYING THE MORAL FIBER OF THIS COUNTRY!!! I think it's funny you're so hung up on illegals' crimes when the few hundred white collar criminals recently just literally destroye...
by Kifle
Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:18 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: apple pulls "anti gay" app
Replies: 37
Views: 2772

Re: apple pulls "anti gay" app

Looks like Sarvis and Rags have made my argument for me. Thanks guys.

Edit: Do you agree they should not allow porn apps on apple/android, Kiryan?
by Kifle
Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:36 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: apple pulls "anti gay" app
Replies: 37
Views: 2772

Re: apple pulls "anti gay" app

And that's why Android will always be better. No corporate overlords to censor the available apps FTW! That's not entirely true. You still can't get porn apps on android unless you download a third party market app. As far as conservatives being a large group. Well, here's the thing, Kiryan, this w...
by Kifle
Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:12 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Libya Jokes
Replies: 3
Views: 1041

Re: Libya Jokes

Haha! Nice.
by Kifle
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:13 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Is Anybody Really Surprised?
Replies: 3
Views: 811

Re: Is Anybody Really Surprised?

Apparently you don't live in Queensland, then.
by Kifle
Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Not even the Reagans like Sarah Palin
Replies: 69
Views: 3338

Re: Not even the Reagans like Sarah Palin

kiryan wrote:http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51218.html

Interesting article, Sarah Palin as the Al Sharpton of conservatives...


Both are equally jackasses.
by Kifle
Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:20 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue
Replies: 41
Views: 2483

Re: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue

Teflor Lyorian wrote:Can't it be both?


Sure, but I doubt the measure will noticably change traffic injuries.
by Kifle
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: Wisconsin, who's to blame?
Replies: 47
Views: 2435

Re: Wisconsin, who's to blame?

kiryan wrote:Yep what teflor said, just more of the "democracy" that the left likes to practice.


Don't be stupid, Kiryan. Republicans and conservatives do the same shit. It's called politics. If you're a politician, you do this same crap on a daily basis.
by Kifle
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:22 pm
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue
Replies: 41
Views: 2483

Re: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue

Can we get back to the point of a ticket? Is the point of a ticket to raise revenue or to curb a behavior. What is the point of the proposed changes? If anyone claims its to promote safety on the highways I'm going to dick slap myself into coma. I don't think they're being coy about it, Kiryan. It'...
by Kifle
Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:34 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue
Replies: 41
Views: 2483

Re: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue

It becomes idiocy when states must start ticketing for revenue. Never said cutting spending was a bad thing; in fact, I think it's a great thing. Unfortunately, a large portion of the republican base wanting those spending cuts don't understand that costs will rise in other places.
by Kifle
Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:40 am
Forum: Current Events & Politics
Topic: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue
Replies: 41
Views: 2483

Re: disgusting, blatant use of traffic tickets are revenue

How is that idiocy? Are you making the false assumption that they aren't reducing spending? Even if they are, don't lefties just call that 'redistribution?' I'm not sure what "lefties" call it. Reducing spending doesn't always help. There are many cases where reducing spending increases s...

Go to advanced search