SIg Files

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

SIg Files

Postby Daz » Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:34 pm

Yo, I'm no graphical genius, but I do love making files like you see below my name. I do requests, just hit me up with what you want -

kwirl@comcast.net

give me hints, ideas, guidelines.

ex:

I like darker colors - blacks, blues, purples, nothing remotely pastel or the like. I want something bold, using my name and guild, (screenshot included) and some form of futuristic font (an exact font type would be welcome)

if you want, i can make them animated, special effects - even make mini-movies - but going to that depth means work instead of fun, and you better have some spare newbie gear for that.

anyway, enjoy.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:09 pm

your sig is insane uber.

Make me one? :P
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:33 pm

me too!! Make it sexyyyyyyyyyyy
Azuth OOC: 'and a pic of Slavan's clutch: priceless'
Malar OOC: '<worn on head> Slavan's black lacy thong, with a huge racing stripe in it'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Filesizes

Postby Shevarash » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:46 pm

If you're going to do this Daz, please try and keep the filesizes low - like 25k max.

Perhaps I'll post on a general policy for this, but for now, keep em small please.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:56 pm

how about under 50k 256 color gif files? 700x100 pixels? :P
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:18 pm

It was mentioned in another thread that somebody was having problems seeing the whole BBS and was having to scroll in order to read the threads. That problem seems to be showing up whenever Daz's signature banner is in the thread, or when a link to a larger piece of art is posted. I don't suppose it would do me any good to request that your banners be cropped a bit so this problem isn't ongoing?
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:38 pm

If it happens anytime a larger piece of art is posted, then my banner is not the problem. rather some boundaries are not being set within the bbs itself, and tweaking that setting somewhere should help.

otherwise, you have to say 'no posting images over X pixel width' for any post, otherwise its sort of pointless.

are there settings somewhere so that you can disable viewing images unless you specifically want to? then people who use horrible 800X600 resolution or lack high speed internet could tweak their settings accordingly while the rest of us continue to enjoy the beautiful features of this awesome new BBS layout.
Sala
Sojourner

Postby Sala » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:15 am

Its pretty. Can I have one plz?????? I like a lot!
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:46 pm

now that this BBs supports these nasty large sig files can we have an option to not be able to see them?
My eyes will thank you.
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:03 pm

Well... I'm thinkin that the scrolling problem, it only affects people that use resolutions under 800x600 if such a thing exists anymore.

And I'll hit you up in game for a sig file.
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'
Muma OOC: 'haha i just stuck my tongue out at the moniter'
Muma OOC: 'and yea i was sticking it out at you EV'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:23 pm

Thanks Kwirl. And no, my resolution isn't less than 800x600.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:31 pm

I really really really hate sig pictures in message boards. Sure they all start out small and pretty, but soon enough you have a sig pic five inches high, blinking and playing a MIDI version of the C.H.I.Ps theme song.

I say kill the beast now before we have to scroll fifteen pages to read fifteen messages.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:07 pm

all sig files i make for people will be using a 500x75 pixel size, and im gonna keep them under 25kb each

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”