Best Tank...

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

Who's got or is the best tank?

Shaman Spirit
58%
Druid Treant
2%
Elementalist Elemental
7%
Necromancer/lich Undead (individually, not as a team)
12%
Psionicist Dominated Mob
2%
Paly/AP/DireRaider Mount
19%

Total votes: 57
Emarin
Sojourner

Best Tank...

Postby Emarin » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:59 pm

your opinion here....
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:12 pm

I may be biased, but im gonna start a write-in campaign for regular old warrior PC's here:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Yadir
Sojourner

Write In Vote - Warrior

Postby Yadir » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:28 pm

I agree with Thanuk. Warriors rock! :mrgreen:
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:57 pm

Make that three for good old PC warriors! 8)
Meatshield
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:29 pm

Toarn. He's not a PC, but I'm not exactly sure what he is so he'd have to have his own option.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:58 am

Where is Dwarf Cleric?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:36 am

Necro ghast is the best pet tank...
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:34 pm

Why cant everyone be Ashiwi

Toarn
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:02 pm

*nod* Warrior. With only pets on the list, the only voting I'd want to do is for "worst tank".
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:15 pm

<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Rinon
Sojourner

Postby Rinon » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:29 am

Hahahahahahaha...........get it tank lol.......i wanna vote for that tank. How funny is that? Hehehehe!!!!!
1)The Paladin seeks not only to sacrifice his body for the honorable cause, but his heart and soul as well.
11)The Paladin defends all the people with all his power and means, even to the last measure of that strength, to the last drop of blood.
111)The Paladin seeks with his soul to conform and serve the ideals that he freely chose in his decision to follow the Paladins path.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:55 am

Bah, that's not a good tank! Sure, it can take a hit, and it looks like it can bash good. But what about rescue? I hardly think it can quickly jump between me and the foe!
Rinon
Sojourner

Postby Rinon » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:36 am

All it has to do is blast the foe.
1)The Paladin seeks not only to sacrifice his body for the honorable cause, but his heart and soul as well.

11)The Paladin defends all the people with all his power and means, even to the last measure of that strength, to the last drop of blood.

111)The Paladin seeks with his soul to conform and serve the ideals that he freely chose in his decision to follow the Paladins path.
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:29 am

Hehe, technically that is an ADA Bradley (Air Defense Artillery) has those fly by wire missles or such on the side of the turret. Gooooo ADA! They set up the anti air out of the back where the troops would normally sit.

BTW there is nothing more lethal to these and Abrams than a good ol fashioned Dragon (AT-4 rocket launcher) wielded by your good ol fashioned Infantry soldier (Warrior you punks) therefore a Warrior makes the best tank! Gooooo Sable round!

I got to trash my Battalion commanders Bradley once in Korea cause the mechanics forgot to bolt down the exhaust..pieces flying everywhere hehe.. Those things are freaking fun!
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:22 pm

Rinon wrote:All it has to do is blast the foe.

Hadn't you heard? The gods downgraded melee damage, that's not its job.
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:09 pm

Serro Jerro nuf said :)
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Nassis
Sojourner

Postby Nassis » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:33 pm

Gurns wrote:
Rinon wrote:All it has to do is blast the foe.

Hadn't you heard? The gods downgraded melee damage, that's not its job.

It procs a decent fireball, tho. 8)
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:54 pm

combatmedic wrote:Hehe, technically that is an ADA Bradley (Air Defense Artillery) has those fly by wire missles or such on the side of the turret. Gooooo ADA! They set up the anti air out of the back where the troops would normally sit.

BTW there is nothing more lethal to these and Abrams than a good ol fashioned Dragon (AT-4 rocket launcher) wielded by your good ol fashioned Infantry soldier (Warrior you punks) therefore a Warrior makes the best tank! Gooooo Sable round!

I got to trash my Battalion commanders Bradley once in Korea cause the mechanics forgot to bolt down the exhaust..pieces flying everywhere hehe.. Those things are freaking fun!

Yay, time to sharpshoot someone :)
If you want to get technical, the air defense version of the Bradley is called a Linebacker, not a Bradley(I can't think of the designation, but I doubt it's an M2) and doesn't have wire guided missiles, uses your basic run of the mill stinger infra-red seeker.
As for the Dragon anti-tank missile, it's a different weapon than the AT-4. The AT-4 is a single shot disposable unguided rocket, the Dragon is a guided missile with a reusable sight system. And if you ask me, the Dragon is a piece of junk, I doubt it could do more than scratch the paint on an Abrams. The Bradley on the other hand, it'd tear up, but what wouldn't poke big holes in a tracked soda can?

Cal
Rinon
Sojourner

Postby Rinon » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:31 pm

Geez stop quoteing me......lol. Don't get too technical. I am 14(just a sojourn baby)

combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:58 pm

Calinth wrote:

Yay, time to sharpshoot someone :)
If you want to get technical, the air defense version of the Bradley is called a Linebacker, not a Bradley(I can't think of the designation, but I doubt it's an M2) and doesn't have wire guided missiles, uses your basic run of the mill stinger infra-red seeker.
As for the Dragon anti-tank missile, it's a different weapon than the AT-4. The AT-4 is a single shot disposable unguided rocket, the Dragon is a guided missile with a reusable sight system. And if you ask me, the Dragon is a piece of junk, I doubt it could do more than scratch the paint on an Abrams. The Bradley on the other hand, it'd tear up, but what wouldn't poke big holes in a tracked soda can?

Cal

My bad, i am just close enough to the eq to ride in it, drive in it, but most of the time i dont' get to fire it =P I swear i thought the dragoons were the same thing as the AT-4 Cause i have had to lug them and Vipers around many times and they looked just like the AT-4's i got to shoot in Basic (the training and real). You sure they can't take out an Abrams? Cause if i remember right (it's been a few years) in every "field problem" i was in with my Mech Inf unit, they were counting as two shoots from a dragon, or 3 shots from a Viper could bring down a Abrams. Am i wrong or is that just for the Miles gear? Who the hell would think that the Medic would be luggin around Dragons with his Aid bad...lazy infantry!

Of course, i know that in Desert storm, our tanks were taking direct hits from the enemy tanks and only getting a gash. hrmm..now that i think of it, i know that our tanks also have pieces of armor break off just from driving and everyone having to stop, pack the area with mud so no one can see, and wait for someone to come out and debrief them because they saw the insides of our "indestructable" armor. heheh Gooooooo Sable round!
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:26 pm

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/at4.htm

http://www.redstone.army.mil/history/sy ... ragon.html

There ya go :)

Neither one of those is really designed to kill tanks, just lighter armored vehicles(APCs, IFVs). More than likely what they were counted as in exercises were mobility kills(blown off track, etc.), which amounts to about the same thing short term. Also allows friendly tanks a much easier shot to actually kill it. Dragons might penetrate the rear armor on an Abrams, I honestly don't know.
It's sabot rounds too, btw. ;)

I can sympathize with carrying it, try lugging an AT-4 and M-60, plus ammo and other gear. Not fun.

On a side note, I didn't realize they still were that secretive about the Abram's armor. I know 20 years ago on Ft. Riley only 2 people on the entire post were cleared to see the armor if it'd been opened somehow.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:44 am

This guy suggests that tanks are becoming obsolete.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:41 pm

8)

Those of you who voted shaman spirit, apparently have never grouped with Bernie.
grun
Sojourner

Postby grun » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:18 pm

Troll warriors are the best tank u all ever had :P
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:04 am

Eat inferno evil trollie!
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:42 pm

Corth wrote:This guy suggests that tanks are becoming obsolete.

Warriors are the best tanks because its hard to find a warrior. The only long range weaponry we need is artillery and air strikes because modern warfare is turning urban and mountainous. the tank is only good out in the open where people can't hide.

The Mark 19 gernade machine gun is uber fun, but not very affective against tanks unless the tank is really close bucause of the weapons high angle of fire. I have only seen it used on scout humvee's because the only way you can find them is to be right on top of them... therefore you just have to point and spam that trigger hehe.

The modern pattern for tanks today is not to get heavier armor, but to get lighter and faster. The army is changing to the LAV (Land assault vehicle) because it has huge wheels (harder to immobillize it than a tank), smaller weapon (technology creates ammo and weapons that are just as effective as big guns), and has room for infantry to ride inside (which are the real tank killers)

I remember my last war game in Korea, we had to take a valley with only one way in from the Koreans who were entrenched there with thier tanks. After all our artillery strikes and air strikes missed (for the Korean's benefit) all we did was have the tanks and bradley's slowly advance on the road shooting any vehicles that came out in the open while the infantry (warriors, barbarians and trolls all of them) went ahead and nuked any hidden tanks. Proving yet again that tanks may have the bigger gun, but warriors are the better tanks!
The only thing more accurate than enemy fire is friendly fire.

Dalen the super paly.
Aram the novice paly.
Bakeledam the CombatMedic.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”