Valentines is Coming!!!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Keka
Sojourner

Valentines is Coming!!!

Postby Keka » Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:33 am

I can tell valenines is coming up soon.. been asked out around 20 times in the past week... hehe... Guess people get a little lovesick around this time.

Just curious though.. does anyone have anything special planned or any fond memories they want to share?

Other than that.. Hope everyone has a great Mushy Mushy Day!!! :wink:
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:04 am

no

Re: Valentines is Coming!!!

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:22 am

Keka wrote:been asked out around 20 times in the past week...

I'm happy if I get a look once in 20 weeks :roll:
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:15 am

Hmm, the most artificialest of all artificial holidays. Suppressing the urge to rant. Must not rant...

Yeah, I have something special planned. Homework.

Those that know me know that that is, indeed, rather special. Stupid C++.

- Grungar "#include <codingbreaksmybrain>" Forgefire

P.S. There's no such thing as love.

Edited because I can't spell.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:42 am

Nod I'm specially going to pass my English exam.

Unlike most of you fuckers who can't speak English to save your own souls!
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:02 pm

waiting for march 14, steak and blowjob day.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Drakkoth
Sojourner

Postby Drakkoth » Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:06 pm

Are you for real Keka? *cuts another notch into his forearm*
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:29 pm

Ragorn wrote:Nod I'm specially going to pass my English exam.

Unlike most of you fuckers who can't speak English to save your own souls!

Seriously Ragorn. Mos of these people do'nt have a grasp of the myriad of nuansez in the english language like me and you.
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:00 am

F*ck valentines day
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:50 am

I hate Valentine's Day. If you need a holiday to show how much you care for a person well then you don't really care. Dranix shows me every day with his actions how much he cares for me and I do the same and I don't need jewelry and flowers and chocolates on one day of the year to know he loves me. Feh, commercial bs is what I call Valentine's Day.
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:37 pm

Ragorn wrote:Unlike most of you fuckers who can't speak English to save your own souls!

me fail english? that's unpossible!

My wife and I are going to housesit for her parents who are going away for a romantic weekend.
Hrm..that's as much as I can afford. Romance by association.
Disco
kolasi
Sojourner

wow such resentment

Postby kolasi » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:42 pm

Yeah valentines is a fabricated holiday by hallmark.
But you can argue that about any holiday. We dont need christmas to rememebr that christ was born, or memorial day to remember fallen heroes... but they are there.

And since love is something to celebrate, why not feb 14? If your really opposed just pick another day with your bf/gf and make that a celebration. With my gf we celebrate Feb 15th always.

Bah who knows...Im whipped anyway hahaha

zizev
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:54 pm

Valentines day is exactly as fabricated and comercialized as any other holiday celebrated in america. Really, so what eh? When you don't need an excuse to show your sweetheart how much you love her, any excuse is just icing on the cake.

I'm going to be taking my wife out for a nice dinner and some fun, maybe go see a movie, but mostly it will just be a chance for us to sit down and hang out over some coffee and smile. You can say what you like about valentines day, but it is very nice to have a psuedo holiday that reminds you to sit down and breathe.

I'm sure it's much different for all you singles out there, suckers. I married my first sweetheart and it's only gotten better since then, so I can't say I know what you're going through. :P

-Lorgan
thanuk
Sojourner

Re: wow such resentment

Postby thanuk » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:37 pm

kolasi wrote:Yeah valentines is a fabricated holiday by hallmark.
But you can argue that about any holiday. We dont need christmas to rememebr that christ was born, or memorial day to remember fallen heroes... but they are there.

How is memorial day a hallmark holiday? I have enver gotten a card or a gift for memorial day, usually its just a day off from work and some bbq. In fact, i think we should change valentines day to memorial day 2. So instead of going out to a nice dinner and blowing all my cash on some little shiny thing, we can have some bbq ribs and blow shit up with M80s. Down with valentines day! Up with memorial day 2!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:38 pm

do what i do
ignore holidays
want to know what i celebrate?
the superfuckingbowl

valentines day . . hah . . i love when people gloat about how much they love it, and how sorry they are for the rest of us. then when something ruins their marriage or relationship (i especially love infidelity) then they come crying to everyone about how unfair life is, and we just laugh at them behind their back.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Re: wow such resentment

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:38 pm

thanuk wrote:How is memorial day a hallmark holiday? I have enver gotten a card or a gift for memorial day, usually its just a day off from work and some bbq. In fact, i think we should change valentines day to memorial day 2. So instead of going out to a nice dinner and blowing all my cash on some little shiny thing, we can have some bbq ribs and blow shit up with M80s. Down with valentines day! Up with memorial day 2!

Down with Thanuk's net access from work!
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Kthxbye~
Sojourner

Postby Kthxbye~ » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:44 pm

The usual plans for valentines day for me....

1 - send cards to friends (done)
2 - fire on every single gal i know (W.I.P.)
3 - get shot down by every single gal i know (W.I.P.)
4 - go out to a bar and scope out club sluts (Fri)
5 - come home smelling like cigarettes, most likely not with a club slut

good times!
:shock:
Vlorm - the Iron Chef of Griffon's Nest

Corth group-says 'forgot you were useful vlorm :)'
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:20 am

I know Valentine's day is coming up when I start getting unsolicited calls from ex-gfs. Oh, and I tend to catch myself daydreaming about the ones that got away. The latter never turn out to be the former, however.

Mp
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:54 am

Valentine's day .........

Pink is good for the soul!!!!!!
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Postby Abbayarra » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:52 am

All I can say is wow.
I hope this valentines day can turn your view about love around.(singing)
For each and every one of thee I offer a smile and a hug.
Peace
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:30 am

I love valentines day! I just got a 1979 gibson les paul standard...this is better than christmas :)
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:19 pm

"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
Keran
Sojourner

Simple, but profound

Postby Keran » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:28 pm

I will probably get her some Godiva as that is her favorite. She likes dark chocolate *shiver*. I'll write her a poem for each day of the month, that way she can eat a piece of candy and read a poem each day. She always liked me writing about her/us/love, etc. It takes a special person to inspire/compell me to write. So that will be easy. Something simple and profound to pull at the heart.

Toarniepoo
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:36 pm

so far thanuk has the best ideas on valentines day in this thread
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:49 pm

thanuk wrote:waiting for march 14, steak and blowjob day.

Damn, I always thought the t-shirt read "Kiss me, I'm Irish!" Looks like I need to update my wardrobe.

Toarn follows Thanuk.
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:17 pm

Keka wrote: been asked out around 20 times in the past week... hehe... Guess people get a little lovesick around this time.

Ay keka, where can I get that love potion? 8)
Keran
Sojourner

Slicker

Postby Keran » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:30 pm

You know what's smoother than silk? A guy in my office just found out that he and his wife are pregnant with twins! It will be their first(s) child(ren) and his is going to get this wife 2 dozen longstem roses with two of the red roses being replaced by two white roses. That dude is _so_ getting some lovin his way I am sure.

Toarn shoots an arrow in your general direction.
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:54 pm

Valentines day is for doing Taxes. This will be my 4th annual tax day with my woman. I expect a good refund this year. Nothing is more romantic then being in the black.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:05 pm

:twisted: Duping some poor soul to come over, clean up my apartment, cook me dinner, give me a massage, and suck my toes while thinking its their idea and way of thanking me! Oh wait, I'm sorry, sucking my toes is for Nokie. Me sowwiee Nokie! :roll:

Halflings have big mouts to go wid dere big tummies! :shock:

Can both of them fit in their at once? (I'm so bad! :oops: )

-LL (Oh wait I love being bad!! :twisted: :twisted: )
Keka
Sojourner

Postby Keka » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:15 pm

Sundara wrote:Ay keka, where can I get that love potion? 8)

I'm a little weary about posting stuff here.... seems like a lot of people are a little vicious when it comes to Valentines...

love potions.. hehe.. I find a lot of people get kinda lonely around Valentines, or build up the courage to ask people out around that time...

Doesn't mean I said yes to any of them.. hehe.. it's about quality.. not quantity... hence, I'm still single for valentines.. :P Well that and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only girl these 20 guys asked out.. hell I probably wasn't even the first.. :wink:

Just on a side note.. this is turning out to be a great and memerable valentines for me.. no dates, but i'm spending time with some friends..

last night, I went to see the musical Mamma Mia.. OMG that was sooo much fun to watch.. I highly recommend it...

Tonight I'm going to diner Yuk Yuk's (comedy club) with some friends

Tomorrow I'm headding to Niagara Falls with another friend.

Hope everyone has a great Valentines weekend..

Keka
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:17 pm

My huge fukin painful zit on me nose and I are going to have a romantic dinner at home. A Porterhouse steak with garlic mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. The only plants or flowers being given is a bowl of chopped romaine lettuce with some garnishes with some Strawberry Vinagarette lightly drizzled over it. After dinner there is a bottle of Hennessy VSOP and a movie rental. Moulan Rouge and maybe an action movie. If i am still awake after all of this, then there is the mud and several shots of Bacardi 151. Who else do you know, will romance a big fukin zit this way?!?! :twisted: Damn they alwayz pop up at the worse freakin time
The only thing more accurate than enemy fire is friendly fire.

Dalen the super paly.
Aram the novice paly.
Bakeledam the CombatMedic.
Zagaz
Sojourner

What the world needs now, is love sweet love. 8)

Postby Zagaz » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:37 pm

In about ten minutes I am going to meet on if my friends and we are going to see daredevil with a buncha other friends, all of whom are single, my roomies may join us. After that, who knows, so far I have spent the day playing diablo 2 and doing laundry, and trying not to think about this time last year. Hope everyone has a good day, romance wise or other.

:D
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”