Football talk, more football talk.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Football talk, more football talk.

Postby Daz » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:21 pm

That's what we need alright. What do my fellow sports buffs think about the 49ers decision to release Mariucci? Do you think the Lions are actually destined to become a championship caliber team? Will Barry Sanders come out of retirement?

nfl.com has some great articles, as usual. check it out.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:00 pm

Barry Sanders is not coming out of retirement.

the 49ers released mariucci because they didnt like him, its fine because they have the talent on the team to win with anyone short of rich kotite, although a defensive coordinator as head coach is a step in the right direction.

The lions are not dedicated to a championship calibur team. They are dedicated to making the playoffs sometime in the future and appeasing their dwindling fan base, but they just arent a team thats gonna open up the wallet and buy themselves the right kind of talent to win the whole thing.

If ted cottrell ends up coaching the 49ers im going to be royally pissed off. Any hopes of a playoff run next year for the jets will be shot to shit if they have to implement yet another new defensive scheme next year.

the raiders are up shits creek next year. Salary cap is kiling them, and they are going to fall into mediocrity.

Johnny Cochran is an asshole. Paul Tagliabu is a bigger asshole, and his rules are stupid, racist, and downright retarded.

that is all. for now.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:15 pm

Did anyone happen to see the AFL last Sunday? Rather interesting. I know Wheeling WV has an arena football team, but I didn't care much to see the Smash get smashed as usual :roll:

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:36 pm

Barry Sanders is ineligible to return to the NFL as a player, there is a rule by which if a former player endorses a product such as alcohol, they are no longer eligible to return to playing the sport in the NFL.

Enjoy Detroit, have fun SF, and Oakland.
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:31 pm

I think they got rid of mooch cause he did not get along with T. Owens. When you have a franchised player that is probably the best wide receiver in the league with good supporting cast, why keep the coach? Being a SF fan for many years, I think they need DB's (and have needed them for many years). I agree that any coach worth a damn will be able to coach this team to a super bowl (assuming SF gets an O line and some DBs)
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:05 am

tampa bay is very likely to repeat

even if we don't - it won't be san fransisco who stops tampa's march to back-to-back titles
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:48 am

Daz wrote:tampa bay is very likely to repeat

even if we don't - it won't be san fransisco who stops tampa's march to back-to-back titles

If Tampa Bay repeats, I'll hang myself. Lucky once....Baltimore a couple of years ago anyone?
Meatshield
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:12 pm

Daz wrote:tampa bay is very likely to repeat

ROFL i would wait for your schedule to come out before you make grand predictions buddy, the NFL is not a big fan of repeats and they do their damndest to make it as hard as possible. 3nj0y playing all the hardest teams!

p.s. we're gonna kick your ass in japan

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:58 pm

the hardest teams . . . you means the people we beat in the playoffs like girls?

the niners? the eagles? the raiders? the falcons? the packers?

which of these teams are going to magically improve their gameplay enough to stop a defense that is on the way to becoming the most feared defense in NFL history?
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:00 pm

oh yeah, jets play tampa again opening week for preseason, too
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:23 pm

Slow down bro.

Your defense is pretty damn good, but i dont think its gonna go down as the best in history. Its definately beatable, it just needs to be exposed. You won't know the entire raider gameplan when you play them next year, so that games gonna be a bit harder. Hell the eagles might have a better D than you right now. Warren Sapp gets older, fatter, and slower every year. If Rande Barber is anything like his brother, dont expect any kind of consistancy out of him. Tampa will be a good team next year im sure, probably even make the playoffs. But i guarentee you right now that they will not be repeating next year.

Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:33 pm

many people garaunteed me that tampa wouldn't make the super bowl, either.

and our defense right now, no - but i think that we are 'becoming' a better defense. our defense improves each year, and i think we have 2-3 years before we will start to see a decline.

our offense is also improving, and even more than our defense, i think this is going to be key next year. tampa has ridden the coattails of its defense for a long time, but our offense is coming into its own.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:12 pm

Your offense is definately *NOT* coming into its own. Your quarterback is average at best. Your running backs are garbage unless its 3rd and 1. Your wide receivers are tall but slow, and you don't have a deep threat.

A good game plan can win a few games with a sub-par offense. You put up numbers against SF, who has shit for D. You put up average offense against philly, who just played like shit that day. Your defense scored more than your offense in the superbowl. Better hope that defense can carry you a little longer:)

Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:34 pm

our quarterback may be average, but it was enough to make him the highest rated passer in the nfc.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:36 am

Daz wrote:our quarterback may be average, but it was enough to make him the highest rated passer in the nfc.

Three yard passing routes don't hurt the rating...Tom Brady anyone? Plus, why did the offence finish in the bottom half of the league ...because it still stinks :wink:

But the saving grace, is Gruden will improve it....I hope they have enough cap room to get some real players on offense.

(And don't bother bringing up the A-Train or Pittman anyone...they had the 30th ranked rush attack this year....)
Meatshield
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:15 am

yeah, 30th in rushing - but they won the superbowl.

how is priest holmes doing over there in kc?
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:22 pm

Daz wrote:yeah, 30th in rushing - but they won the superbowl.

how is priest holmes doing over there in kc?

Of course winning the superbowl obviously means that your football team is better than every other team at every aspect of the game! Why didn't i realize that earlier!?! Your running game sucks, your defense carries you, and your offense has finally gotten some form of a pulse, although its still on life support. Tampa had a great run and they won the superbowl, but they are just not built for a dynasty. You cant count on johnson to have the best year of his life again, and you cant expect pittman to play like he did in the superbowl. Tampa needs a running back, maybe you should give priest holmes a call and see if he's looking to move, or corey dillon. Cuz without that element, the word repeat isn't really gonna come up anywhere except the tampa bay newspapers.
The NFL is not MLB or the NBA. Repeats come few and far between, and the 2nd win is always harder than the first. Hope chucky can make some moves this offseason or else your gonna be watching the descent to mediocrity next year.

Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:04 pm

tampa talking w/ ricky watters to come in
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:05 pm

someone should set up a big sojourn fantasy football league next year and make some prizes or some kinda gambler's incentive
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:18 pm

Daz wrote:someone should set up a big sojourn fantasy football league next year and make some prizes or some kinda gambler's incentive

We had one this year. I went into the playoffs in 2nd to last place and won the whole thing! go me!

Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:30 pm

Daz wrote:tampa talking w/ ricky watters to come in

Ricky still plays?!? I'm being serious...I had no clue :wink:
Meatshield
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:36 pm

Vahok wrote:
Daz wrote:tampa talking w/ ricky watters to come in

Ricky still plays?!? I'm being serious...I had no clue :wink:

Yeah i heard if that doesn't pan out they are going to dig up Red Grange and get one of those voodoo doctors from louisiana to bring him back from the dead.

Why dont you get a running back under 35?:)

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”