Freak?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Keran
Sojourner

Freak?

Postby Keran » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:36 pm

Hurm,

Wanted to get your imput on this one. I'm considering getting my body pierced again. Currently, I have my left ear done only - actually I never use it. The crux of my dilemna is this. I was thinking about getting my nipple pierced again. I have had my right one done twice. Both for various lengths of time. The second time was for over 1 year and it ended up closing up on me! If I do it again i think I will hit the left side.

Curious what the female thoughts are on this topic in terms of it being nasty turn off or what. My wife is really supportive, actually would kinda be doing it for her. Also, any clues on getting it to heal up faster, i.e. so you can take out the jewelery without it closing up?

Toarn
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:44 pm

I like 'em. I just can't wear 'em. I finally had to let mine heal up because I couldn't keep it from getting infected. Had the same problem with my ears. Sometimes it's just a physical thing, my body didn't take kindly to them.
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:01 am

*comfort ashiwi* Yeah, that's what happened to my second one mostly. Yellow and green puss = !sexy. I think it was because I was working out alot. Not much I can do about the pirspiration, except clean it with the iodine immediately when i get home *shrug*. Still pondering on whether or not to go through with it. I just think it looks neat.

Toarn -I am not a freak-
Drakkoth
Sojourner

Postby Drakkoth » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:18 am

Folsom, huh? I'm in Roseville. How about them apples.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:30 am

body piercings dont do it for me... Ick.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:48 am

I think body piercings are very sexy, particularly ones that are clearly visible like eyebrow, nose, tongue, labret, etc. I say go for it, but I'm biased :)
Holding this in mind
That if we fall, we all fall
And we fall alone
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:33 am

OW!! :shock:

I got my ears pierced at the age of 19, and I had the worst problems with infections and them closing on me. I only got it done cause my ex kept whining and crying till I did. Stupid reason, I know. :roll:

My ears are still pierced tho. Before my wedding, I had to shove my earrings through and repop the skin, and for some reason, they haven't regrown over. I can't imagine getting any more piercings! Especially uh...my sensitive parts ;) I don't think Reyel would like it too much either :oops:
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:24 am

I had a similar problem with my body rejecting earrings and nipple rings, until I talked to (believe it or not) my Mom about it. Apparently, she had a problem with her earrings and if she used anything with a stainless steel post, it would get infected. Something about the nickel content or something? So she has to wear 100% silver (or gold) and has no problems.

That worked for my earring - silver earrings abound. But body piercing usually requires a heavier gauge and I never had luck in finding anything other than that surgical/stainless steel, which always irritated the piercing enough that it wouldn't fully heal. I finally gave up after a couple years, shrug.

Mp
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:04 am

roseville and folsom? I thought I was the only northern californian (sacramento)

tie in: ears pierced. no infection. used gold when pierced, but now just about anything up to/and including rusty nails.
·• Kuurg •·
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:38 pm

I didn't know there was anyone else up here but me. I am actually a transplant from Silicon Valley, but who up here isn't :P

Toarn
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:48 am

I had always wanted my ears pierced since I was really little and my mother never let me and when I was older, I couldn't afford to get them done. Well shortly before I came to Indiana to be with Dranix, I went and got them done on a whim and what a mistake! My earlobes are thick (feh) and they got infected so badly, I couldn't sleep. They were so infected in fact that I couldn't take the earrings out for several days until the swelling went down. I will never get my ears pierced again, not worth the pain.

I always found piercings in places other than the eyebrow and ears !sexy, but my usual answer to things like this are, "whatever floats your boat" :D
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:04 am

how bout them apples...look where I live....Northern California...boonies style.

I wanna get pierced...all I ever got the guts to get were tattooes
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Zolth
Sojourner

Postby Zolth » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:43 pm

I've got my ear pierced since I was a kid.. and I've never had any problem with infection. I've had my tounge pierced once for about 2 years.. and really, it's not worth the trouble.. The amount of time it takes to heal combined with the pain you'll have for a couple of weeks (up to a month or two) and the fact that you have to live on soup for a very long time isn't fun..

I took the tounge piercing out and replaced it with a piercing in my lip (a ring).. I had that for about 2 years and then my dentist told me to get it out or I'll lose my teeths.. And so I did.. heh.

Most piercing rings/staffs are made out of metal that contains nicle (as Mplor pointed out) and if you have a problem with allergy that runs in your family I would not recommend piercing. You might not have had any trouble with it earlier but once you've pierced yourself this can blossom up into a real problem. (I.e. you can't wear jeans etc. since the buttons are made of a material that contains nicle.) And all the necklaces/rings etc. you'd have to have 100% pure metal (not a alloy of metals) like gold/silver/titanium etc.

Think about it before you get pierced.. Piercing parts of your body that are .. should we say intimate .. has a higher hazard to get infected (since you keep thoes parts covered most of the time (I hope) and the body can't heal during these sircumstances as well as in "open air".. Oh, and do I need to mention what can happen to the specific part of your body that you pierce if it get's really infected? Didn't think so :P

-Z
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:22 pm

Zolth wrote:I took the tounge piercing out and replaced it with a piercing in my lip (a ring).. I had that for about 2 years and then my dentist told me to get it out or I'll lose my teeths.. And so I did.. heh.

just out of curriosity how would would this make you loose your teeth? I don't have any piercings but this statement just struck me as kinda odd hehe.
-tdr
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:25 pm

Pheten, a piercing on your lip can wear down on your teeth (front teeth anyways) through constant friction (basically anytime you talk, eat, or move your lips for any reason.)

Zolth, I totally agree with the tongue piercing. The pain for mine wasn't that big of a deal, and the swelling was gone within 2 days, but boy did it make eating certain foods a chore (pasta became my arch-nemesis). It also did a number on one of my teeth when i bit down full force on it while eating a sandwich. I'm trying to decide now whether or not I'm gonna go with the eye-brow piercing while I still have time to be unprofessional :)
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:31 pm

Pheten, a piercing on your lip can wear down on your teeth (front teeth anyways) through constant friction (basically anytime you talk, eat, or move your lips for any reason.)

Zolth, I totally agree with the tongue piercing. The pain for mine wasn't that big of a deal, and the swelling was gone within 2 days, but boy did it make eating certain foods a chore (pasta became my arch-nemesis). It also did a number on one of my teeth when i bit down full force on it while eating a sandwich. I'm trying to decide now whether or not I'm gonna go with the eye-brow piercing while I still have time to be unprofessional :)
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:11 pm

Ok, I have 2 bars in my tongue, as well as a lip ring - that I have had for quite some time. Unless you have some SERIOUS overbite issues going on, I don't know what you are talking about.

The only thing I can think of is that your piercer didn't know what he was doing and pierced your lip as if it was a standard labrat piercing and then just slapped a ring in it.

http://www.infinitebody.com/

if you have questions about piercings, go there. The shop itself is in philadelphia, but their information is good anywhere in the world. I won't get any of my piercings done anywhere else.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:18 pm

Zolth - I have to disagree with your experience with tongue piercings. There was NO PAIN whatsoever through any of my 5 tongue piercings, and I have had 2 10 guage bars in my tongue simultaneously for over a year now.

It took me a couple of weeks, but biting the bar became a thing of the past, and also eating foods - I don't even notice them anymore.

I don't know if you did this, but I am wondering if you kept the stud they pierced you with in your mouth the entire time. As soon as I could, I replaced the long stainless steel studs with a pair of titanium alloy short bars. The length used for piercings is to accomodate swelling, which is not needed after a few days.

I have a collection of over 30 tongue bars that I mix and match to suit my taste of the moment. I have vibrating studs, glow in the dark studs/heads, uv sensitive heads, and an array of colors. I am working on adding some more lip rings to my stable, and am eagerly agonizing over what my next piercing will be.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:22 pm

Kallinar wrote:how bout them apples...look where I live....Northern California...boonies style.

I wanna get pierced...all I ever got the guts to get were tattooes

Kallinar, check out the link I provided. Most piercings are relatively painless, and infections are the exception, not the rule. The wonderful
thing about piercings are that you can get rid of them if you don't want,
they are much cheaper than a tattoo, and well - they are fun.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:47 pm

The amount of pain you feel is based on your body, so don't listen to anybody else about whether there's pain or not. Some people can drive rusty nails through their penis and not feel a thing, some people cry over a broken fingernail.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:28 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Some people can drive rusty nails through their penis and not feel a thing

Ah knows he done yu wrong, but dang!
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:33 pm

Kallinar wrote:I wanna get pierced

Whee! When I first met him he didn't want piercings. We made a deal that I'd get tattoos and he'd get piercings to switch things up (I have my nose and tongue pierced). Now I have two tattoos and two piercings, and he still just has his stinky tattoos. Someone talk him into gettin his cute lil nose pierced ;)
Holding this in mind

That if we fall, we all fall

And we fall alone
Keran
Sojourner

Freaks

Postby Keran » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:20 am

Damn, I just wanted one nipple ring, you guys took the canvas and ran away with it. I work in an extremely professional arena, and would never be able to show any piercing out in the open.

Anyone know if they have developed something for ppl that are allergic to surgical steel? One nipple ring would be the perfect diversion, I think.

Toarn

Oh and if any of you NorCal guys want to go wakeboarding, barefooting, waterskiing this summer, drop me a line. I got a new boat last year and I am frequently in need of a 3rd. I'll pay for the gas/launch, etc. Just bring your own drinks. *waits impatiently for the mercury to hit 90 F*
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:11 am

Piercings .... drool

Have had my tongue pierced for .. god almost three years now ... wear my pink tongue ring every day at work ... have even been told to talk to other people about their tonbgues being pierced cause i am the senior person (yeah u cant see my tonguering unless i show u so is no big deal at work to me)

Piercings to me are really awesome .. guys with two hoops ... guys with nipple rings .. yum ... just not too freaky .. and i really dont like ear plugs ...

when im done playign navy and if i still look as young as i do now .. i will get the labrat, eyebrow again (couldnt hide that one at work so hadda let close), both upper caritliges and that cartilige in the middle of your ear done ...

im also into tattoos but nothing HUGE ... i prefer if it is coverable when clothed ... saw the sexiest att EVER ina movie .. they guy was thinish ... but that trianlge between a guys shoulders was tattooed ... o god drool ...

anyway to answer your question .. YES guys with pierced nips .... drool ....

OMG a vibrating tonguering .. um daz whats yer address???
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:48 am

haha, is what happens is that the bottom part of the tongue bar houses a flat watch style battery nestled against your tongue, there is a little twisty thing to turn it on, and it vibrates the bar through your tongue and the ball on the top. its kinda weird feeling, but for certain things - it can be an amusing extra.
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: Freaks

Postby Kifle » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:45 am

Keran wrote:Damn, I just wanted one nipple ring, you guys took the canvas and ran away with it. I work in an extremely professional arena, and would never be able to show any piercing out in the open.

Anyone know if they have developed something for ppl that are allergic to surgical steel? One nipple ring would be the perfect diversion, I think.

Toarn

Oh and if any of you NorCal guys want to go wakeboarding, barefooting, waterskiing this summer, drop me a line. I got a new boat last year and I am frequently in need of a 3rd. I'll pay for the gas/launch, etc. Just bring your own drinks. *waits impatiently for the mercury to hit 90 F*

For some reason I had a lot of trouble the first time I got my left ear pierced when I used a cheap gold, but when I switched to surgical steel, the problems went away. For some odd reason though when I got my right ear done about 5 years later it rejected the surgical steel. My nipple ring has done ok, but it took quite some time to heal fully (think about 6 months or so). I also use surgical steel in it. Omg i just got this new nip ring witht he spikes on the ends (not the bar type) and i already lost one of the damn spikes! The reason i replaced it was because i always lose the balls with the rings with the balls in them.

Anyway, to your problem keran, i would suggest buying 18k or higher gold, white or yellow or platinum. That seems to be the fix for a lot of my friends including me.

About that pain thing...whoever says a nip piercing doesnt hurt needs to be kicked in the balls and have a spoon shoved in their arse. When I got mine done I was in extreme pain for around 1-2 mins followed by soreness for around a week. I was then dumb enough to believe my wife who told me tattoos on your back dont hurt that much. If i could ever punch a woman it would have been when i got mine done...pure pain for 2hrs straight. But then again i have an oversensative back, but still...
Keran
Sojourner

Plat?

Postby Keran » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:39 pm

They make platinum nipple rings? I want a pretty small one, like the size of a nickle in diameter and a pretty low gague. If they do come in plat, I wonder how much it would cost. My wedding band set me back 2K with no stones. *ponder*
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:37 pm

Daz,
I'm afraid you've been sorely misled if you think mouth piercings aren't basically just a dental wrecking ball. Any type of metal contact will slowly scrape the enamel offa your teeth, leaving them vulnerable to other nasty surprises.
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:03 pm

Not into tattoos or body peircings. Nothin more beautiful then natural in my opinion. :wink:
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:20 pm

I once told an ex-girlfriend of mine, "Anywhere you get pierced that isn't an ear, I'm never touching again."
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:26 pm

Ragorn wrote:I once told an ex-girlfriend of mine, "Anywhere you get pierced that isn't an ear, I'm never touching again."

And that, my friends, is the story of the first woman to get her entire body pierced.

Edit --
My spiritual guide, Mr. Maddox has alot to say on this subject:

Piercing- I don't know why people do it. Probably because all the losers around them do it. Not only does it cause pain, look anti-cool, and perpetuate infectious diseases, but it costs money too? Where do I sign? Getting yourself pierced is tantamount to paying someone to kick your ass. I'm not talking about ear piercing, but rather eye brows, lips, navals, genitals, etc. I'd never get a pierce unless it was totally outrageous like through my knee cap. At least then I'd be an original idiot.

This guy is funny as hell, check it out: Maddox.xmission.com

shhhh i heard he is arilin's biological father.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:25 am

Maddox may be my neighbor, but that doesn't excuse his ignorance in this matter. He conspicuously left out sexuality as a reason for piercing. A tongue piercing "aids felatio," according to Pulp Fiction, and I'm told it's an equal-opportunity piercing. Nipple rings have the double benefit of being appealing to the eye and heightening the sensitivity of an erogenous zone. Kifle, not everyone finds the nipple piercing experience exactly unpleasant.

Mp - Sharer of TMI
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:31 am

Didn't Chris Rock say something about tongue piercing... :wink:
Meatshield
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:39 am

thanuk wrote:
Ragorn wrote:I once told an ex-girlfriend of mine, "Anywhere you get pierced that isn't an ear, I'm never touching again."

And that, my friends, is the story of the first woman to get her entire body pierced.

Edit --
My spiritual guide, Mr. Maddox has alot to say on this subject:

Piercing- I don't know why people do it. Probably because all the losers around them do it. Not only does it cause pain, look anti-cool, and perpetuate infectious diseases, but it costs money too? Where do I sign? Getting yourself pierced is tantamount to paying someone to kick your ass. I'm not talking about ear piercing, but rather eye brows, lips, navals, genitals, etc. I'd never get a pierce unless it was totally outrageous like through my knee cap. At least then I'd be an original idiot.

This guy is funny as hell, check it out: Maddox.xmission.com

shhhh i heard he is arilin's biological father.

I wish you were fucking dead.

Much love nuk!
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”