BBS woes

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Gurns
Sojourner

BBS woes

Postby Gurns » Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:45 am

Gosh darn it! (This is a family mud. Plus, if I started swearing now, this message would get very long, very quickly.) There have now been three times when I have written a long, carefully thought out, even eloquent reply to some post, only to have the BBS say "Invalid_session" when I go to Submit it. And going Back doesn't recover the message: It has just vanished.

I think this may be happening when I take a long time (hours?) working on the message. For a while, I thought this might be happening when I quoted extensively from a message, but I'm less certain now.

Is there a timer on sessions? How long is it? And why the fook isn't my message there when I go Back?

*sigh*
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:14 am

Uh oh. Sounds like someone needs a kiss and a hug!!

*emote hands a Hershey's kiss and a Hershey's hug to Gurns.*

Happened to me too, once Gurns. I feel your pain, you aren't alone. Everything _will_ be alright!

Love,
Eli 8)
Someone group-says 'bleh, nothing rare loaded.
You group-say 'I loaded this boot and I'm a rare!!'
Aloura bids on Elisten.
Aloura group-says 'she's like +200 hps (vit), unlimited full heal with nice treatment, and all sorts of extra spell-ups and procs!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "damn... that was fun!"
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:26 am

I've never had that happen, but I have accidentally hit the wrong keys or something and had the browser go back and lose everything. I usually just highlight everything and hit control-C to copy every once in a while, so I don't have to retype. Might wanna try that too, especially since you know when it's likely to happen. :)
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:35 am

For about two weeks I'd get the same message every time I tried to post any message, big or small, or log out or anything. Go to your Temp Internet Files folder, search for all cookies with "sojourn" and delete them, and it may fix. Worked for me.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:26 am

Sarvis wrote:I usually just highlight everything and hit control-C to copy every once in a while, so I don't have to retype. Might wanna try that too, especially since you know when it's likely to happen. :)

*nod* This time I was in a hurry, and forgot to do that before the Submit, so of course I'm cursing myself as well as the BBS.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:03 am

If I'm going to write anything lengthy, I write it in an external editor, then paste it into the text box. When I remember.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:35 pm

This sort of thing actually happened to me a couple of times on the old BBS. I think it was user error on my part (like I accidently hit the back button or something on my mouse).

So now I'm really paranoid and select all text and 'control-c' it into the clipboard before submitting it.
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:52 pm

Happened to me once when I wrote a lengthly response on a thread. I think it has something to do with session timing for the page. If this happens, just go back to the page you entered it all in and copy it, then go all the way out of the message and paste it back in.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:15 pm

Yoo hoo! Gods? When I write my messages offline? They get longer. If you want to save the BBS from the dread fate of "Gurns may not have a quarter the number of posts of Moritheil, but he's got twice the text"...
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:08 am

Gurns wrote:Yoo hoo! Gods? When I write my messages offline? They get longer. If you want to save the BBS from the dread fate of "Gurns may not have a quarter the number of posts of Moritheil, but he's got twice the text"...

:arrow: fear.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”