question for warrior xp....

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
foy
Sojourner

question for warrior xp....

Postby foy » Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:32 am

Please let me know the best place that lvl11 warrior can get good xp and make money well...!! near WD will be great!
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:03 pm

explore

the mud has become over run with word of mouth and nobody ever looking for stuff themselves

there are several places around wd for lvl 11 and under to go.. just look for them.
Baikalisan Terrorforge - Valsharess Elg'caress -
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:15 pm

the mud is being overrun with bitter people who have no regards for new players.

try going north of waterdeep man, at the road crossing go west til north, then follow the path til you see a tree stump. enter the stump.

try going east of waterdeep, at the turning point, go north til east,
then follow the path through the woods and over the plains til you come to the mountains. cross the mountain and go over the lake (bring a canoe!) and go south after passing the lake, and you are in split shield.

Inside waterdeep from the Great Market Square, go 4 south, 3 east, 3 south and kill shady mercenaries there. Also, go over to the waterdeep
docks and kill naval craftsman with the repair chief, and harbor militia guards.

Good luck boss, and enjoy the mud.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Imil
Sojourner

Postby Imil » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:57 am

try the sedawi,like he said go east of TP,and follwo the path east,dont go down,and u will eventually hit sedawi.....a very good xp place for peoples your level.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:53 pm

[quote="Daz"]the mud is being overrun with bitter people who have no regards for new players.quote]

Therein lies the problem. Instead of encouraging new players to go out and look for new places to xp by themselves or with a group you would rather just give them directions to a zone and have them never learn what is going on around them.. If they claim to have looked why not tell them go look out east of the turning point a ways or something so that the have to look for stuff to LEARN (GASP God forbid) things for themselves..

Ask anybody i help just about everybody who asks for it, weather it be a res or a shift or just simple directions if i know them.. Sometimes, especially when your a newbie/lowbie looking around a new mud you need to find things on your own.. And i encourage that way before i just say.. blah blah east blah blah exact directions just so that they are content and leave me alone... Which is what most ppl do, give directions so that the noobs leave them alone, cuz they dont want to be bothered for any length of time.

So, Daz.. Before you accuse me of being bitter :roll: and not helping anybody you need to think to yourself.. Are you actually helping them by telling them EVERYTHING they need to know or are your hurting them.

:x :x :x :x :x :x
Drakkoth
Sojourner

Postby Drakkoth » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:41 pm

I'm willing to bet you got some help when you first stated, Baikalisan, although you may not remember it now. I know I did.

Nothing wrong with giving someone some dirs and suggestions when they ask for it. He's not just ruling a 'fol daz' and then getting pleveled, and will still learn. Letting people just get frustrated doesn't help anything.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:41 pm

let me look at evil pbase

let me look at good pbase

you have your method, i have mine.

mine seems to keep people here, tho.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:18 pm

I know for a fact baikalisan will bend over backwards to help people ... she is merely saying that to be spoon fed is not always the way .. perhaps a simple go out east gates and explore, always use scan ....and never enter dark caves alone (emote runs screaming out of the displacer beast's lair)

i love you barb!
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:30 am

Daz wrote:let me look at evil pbase

let me look at good pbase

you have your method, i have mine.

mine seems to keep people here, tho.

It is easier to learn the mud by playing a goodie. I encourage ppl to roll good characters b4 they try evils. Its easier.

I do remember when i first started playing on this mud, it was right after Toril was opened, i mean within the first week or 2.. And there wasnt anybody around to 'hand walk' me through the xp areas.. so yes i did have to learn it all by myself. contrary to what Drakkoth thinks. And because of this i think its made me an all around better player.

And im all for helping ppl, I just feel you should go about it in a more constructive way. Giving exact places to xp will give them levels, but that is all it will give.. There will be no learning involved, other than how to type kill mob. :cry:

Jen knows how it is, she's been around a while herself.. "Spoon feeding" is hardly ever a good thing.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:05 am

its a game. when you do this 'learn on your own' attitude to new players, its just absolutely stupid. they don't feel they have learned something, they feel that they are neglected by an elitist society of the 'haves' and 'have-nots'

when i tell people how to do things, and give them equipment, they don't become spoiled twinks. jesus, just how good do you think **I** am?

you tell a player, go explore - god helps those who helps themselves, etc etc.

that player doesn't walk away thinking 'wow, i have been shown a vision of wisdom!'

they think, what a dick, its just a game. they get frustrated, they go see whats happening on news.google.com or rotten.com, whatever.

i see a player, who is new - wandering around. i relo in, check them out.

im like hey, whatsup? having fun. they like yeah, im just walking around. i go cool. yo check this out - i got some armor here with extra hit points for you, a nifty little drink container, and a magic bag. hey look, i have a magic sword, too! why dont you try this stuff out, head east to some orcs, ill give you some spells to get started, etc.

the player is like wow, thats cool that people took the time to help me. those players come back. did i horribly unbalance the game? no. did i RUIN those players? no. what i have done is help new PEOPLE have a good time, and hopefully encourage them to come back.

if you think dwarf scale armor, a gith sword, and a norm flagon, as well as telling a new player where splitshield or sedawi can be found is unbalancing, then you need to flip your rock over and crawl back under it.

its a game, not the bar exam.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:07 am

ps, talking about 'how you had it' makes you sound like my grandmother telling stories about how hard it was to walk to school naked in 10 feet of snow, uphill both ways. it just proves to me that you are stuck in another time.
Asup
Sojourner

Postby Asup » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:08 am

I have played evils and goodies. The one thing that annoys me the most is everyone thinks that playing a goodie is easier, to me it was exact opposite playing the evil was way easier when it came to snagging lvls.
My personal opinion is give them directions to a exp zone where they can pick up the lvls beyond 5 or 6. After that I think they good to explore and find stuffs on there own. The biggest difference when it comes to exploring as a lowbie though is this. As an evil im walking around and splat stone golem just fubared me into next week, I have had to wait 7 hours before just to get my corpse back and then another 3 to get the ress. Where as goodies my anti has gotten nailed to the floor quite a few times and I was ressed almost instantaously when I asked. With the goodies there are so many people there doing absolutly nothing that can help. With evils when I get asked by a newbie for help im usually out zoning, and if im zoning that means 14 other evils out of the 17 are zoning. So yes it kinda refers back to pbase of who can offer the most help. I really dont see how people could stand at the fountain and do nothing, and thats why I have such a large alt base is because if there isnt something to do I make another alt and exp with the lowbies =P So i guess im doing my part..hehe :o
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:34 pm

Leave it to Daz to bring his holier than thou attitude into it. I could care less who you help and how noble you are in handing out eq to newbies. Damn near everybody does the same thing, inclucing me, thus making it a moot point.

And because he has chosen to put words in my mouth and askew what i have said in previous posts, I shall clarify my position on this matter and let the subject drop, because his redundance really isnt worth my time.

Help the newbies/lowbies. Give them eq. Explain quests and how experience works. Tell them where to go to get xp and where to not go to die.. My entire point on this matter is to tell them all of the above things, you dont need to be exact with it all.. It ruins the suspense of them saying, yah i knew it was to the east of town but I found it all by myself! i acheived something other than relying on the afore mentioned Uber Elite.

IMO it builds confidence and security in the game.

Thats the way i prefer to do things.. If you dont like it, lump it.

3nj0y :!:

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”