Californias law system just a tad out of ballance?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Motar
Sojourner

Californias law system just a tad out of ballance?

Postby Motar » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:16 am

First off I would like to say no offense is ment to any officers of the law by this post.

Recently i had someone threten to take my life in multiple ways.
He has so far slashed teh tires of my freind who gives me a ride to class in the mornings and then treid to chase us on the flats but luckaly there were people outside once we turned the corner so he ran back to his house. He has also slashed the tiers on my car in the same mannor as he did the tiers on my freinds car. Ok, slashing tiers and chaseing people, no big deal punk kids do it all the time but i think 30 is a little old for pranks like that. Now he has moved on to bigger things like asking local people where i am and saying he has a hole dug for me. Then he proceded to charge my car with a knife, he has now done this 3 times. He also sems to like hideing in the bushes waiting for me to drive by to see if he can catch my car and get in, luckaly for me i obsesively lock the doors. Now that ive layed out some history i can get to the real point to my post. I called the police more times then i can count and they told me there is nothing they can do. I can't even get one measly officer over here when my life depends on it. But they are so busy doin more important things then protecting and serving. Their motto here is "to protect and to serve". To protect and to serve my ass, it should be to patronize and annoy. I was at a party last night and it wasent even past curfew or the no noise law and was a saturday night but some how the police were so bored they could send out 1 4x4 suv and 8 fucking cruisers and a helicopter becaus of a party where there was maybe 30 people who wernt even being rowdy. how come they can send a force bigger then a drug raid force to break up some people trying to enjoy a saturday night but they cant spare one of the 8 cruisers to come and check on someone who has someone who wants to take their life. i guess when the person finaly succeds and kills me they might relize that they need to change things but until then they are going to continue to harass people for petty things like drinking and danceing and enjoying themselfs like people should. maybe i should go into my kitched and get a knife and go attack somoene half my age becaus that seems to be far more reasonable to the law then haveing fun with people my age. I guess it is really a crime to sit down with some freinds and drink a beer and maybe even go hit on that girl who is over there having fun with her friends, we are just causing so many people harm. but ohh no its perfectly fine to chase people with knives and threten to kill them for no aperent reason.
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:34 am

If you seriously fear for your life, and cops wont do anything about it, then take matters into your own hands. Set the man up some, get his ss# and and some info about insurance, and cancel all the policies,kill his pets and stalk him, but keep your distance! break windows, and vandalize his cars! then burn down his fucking house! yeah!. oops strayed there a bit,

On a serious note. its easy for me to say such a thing not being in that particular situtation. You seem to be a younger person, "curfew' and seem to know people "party" perhaps they can offer assistance, beat the shit out of him? prolly not, might piss him off more, but have your friends witness him do this to you. Record it, do what ever, get all the witnesses you can. Go to the police station file a complaint and see to it that something is done. Now I understand, in many cases the person actually has to inflict some type of harm on you. Who knows in your situation, im not familier with your cops there. But try and get good evidence of him doin this. He probably has a past record of violence that stretches to his fathers last name. Id try to stay very clear of him, grow eyes on the back of my head, (like Nilan) until the matter is resolved. Baseball bat fits neatly on the side of most cars, and is longer than a knife too, there always that option, for saftey though:)
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:58 am

could always do like <a href="http://www.stickdeath.com/dunk.htm">this guy</a>
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:42 am

Upgrade Law!
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
fildur
Sojourner

Postby fildur » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:17 pm

downgrade psychos!!

for what its worth, the same problems exist at may places, the law in general in the world is very bad in protecting ppl against ppl stalking them. helped out a friends friend a couple o yrs ago, she was stalked by the father to her son, he got restraining orders, we got her into a safe house, so what happened? social security tells the guy the adress of the safe house, so he comes there with a knife threatening to kill her, the police took like 1 hr to get there, and arrested the guy (yes we managed to keep him outside), still the police wouldnt give her more protection... thats just one of the incidents with this guy.

still, for whats its worth, im with ye motar, the bad thing is, the only advice would be to get eyes in yer back...
/fil
Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:26 pm

Go to court get an order of protection. Then let him come near you, the cops have to arrest him ;)
Azuth OOC: 'and a pic of Slavan's clutch: priceless'
Malar OOC: '<worn on head> Slavan's black lacy thong, with a huge racing stripe in it'
Colje
Sojourner

Postby Colje » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:35 pm

Slavan wrote:Malar OOC: '<worn on head> Slavan's black lacy thong, with a huge racing stripe in it'

I want one of those!!!!

Errrrr I am off topic sorry :P

/Colje :lol:
Oosh
Sojourner

Postby Oosh » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:56 pm

Oosh has been beggin de gods fer psycho downgrade fer many, many years....

Oosh ooshes solemnly...
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:18 pm

here are some things you can do

1. set up a hidden vid cam, you can do this on your house or have a friend across the street or something.

2. use microphones, they are cheep enough you can purchase a few.

3 when you get the guy on tape then take it to the police and get a restraining order, granted those dont work but still it is on file.

4 if all else failes you can hire a sniper from one of those mercenaries magizines.
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:43 pm

Slavan wrote:Go to court get an order of protection. Then let him come near you, the cops have to arrest him ;)

That doesn't always work. If they're nuts enough, a restraining order won't stop someone from walking up to the person and killing them. I was told when I tried to get a restraining order on someone that threatened to kill me and my family, that the cops couldn't do anything until he actually made a move to kill me :x If he comes at me with a gun, I'll be dead before I can get the restraining order. I don't get the logic of waiting till something bad happens :evil:
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:41 pm

Yeah, it's shitty logic. The same logic behind not attacking Iraq actually. All the peace protesters will be 100% behind the war _after_ a nuke gets dropped on Washington... :rolleyes:

Anyways, on topic: Yeah, I'd kick this guys ass in a second. If you don't think you're strong enough to take him out, go learn some martial arts or something. Maybe buy a gun. Don't want to kill him? Taser, pepper spray... anything like that. Then, next time he's anywhere near you take him out. When the police show up tell them the guy attacked you, and remind them that you called the cops about him many many times. They'll have to believe he attacked you, even if you attacked him first... heh.

I know it sounds harsh, and I'll probably get flamed for being barbaric in dealing with it this way. But you can't just hope the cops will be there. Even good cops can't be everywhere at all times, and it will take them time to arrive. If you can't defend yourself in an emergency, you'll likely end up dead before help arrives. It would be like waiting for the firemen to show up before trying to escape your burning house.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:51 pm

I hear pepper spray hurts like a bitch. Not on everybody, but on the majority of people. Next time you call to report him make sure they're making an official record of the complaint, too.
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:21 pm

musi read number 4
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:39 pm

First thing you do is file a formal complain at the police department. Nothing will come of it, but you want official documentation that this man has been bothering you, just for later down the line. get a restraining order if you can, otherwise make sure you file a complaint and get that complaint on record.

After that you can try all the stuff mikayla suggested, or you can just wait, but definately invest in some pepper spray and carry it on you. If he comes after you with a knife and you are in your car, go ahead and hit him. Don't throw it in reverse and back over him a few times, but if he is chasing you with a knife, go ahead and hit him with the car. Then call the police. Formal complaint against him from you, a knife on him? Hell you can just say he jumped out in front of the car and you couldn't stop. This information will be enough to justify what you did as self-defense. Again dont go overboard and try and kill the guy, but if you hit him with your car while he is coming afte ryou with a knife you are just defending yourself.

If you want to go outside legal means, retaliation can get interesting and fun. Im not gonna post illegal things here, but if you want ideas mudmail me:)

I cant reinforce enough how important it is that you lodge a formal complaint with the police department, however. you NEED to have something on record saying that he has been bothering you and you requested police assistance to get him to stop. Once you have that, if anything else happens its on the police, not you; you told them he was coming after you, they have record of it. 911 is also good for this if anything happens before you file a complaint, because all their calls are logged. Good luck man, stay safe.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Motar
Sojourner

Missed the point

Postby Motar » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:13 pm

You guys really seemd to have missed the point, the purpose of this post wasent to complain or whine abuot th fream who has ben taken care of now. it was to bitch about the fact that i had to call so damn many times to get one measly police officer to my house but they can send 11 to break up a simple party.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:22 pm

Oh well then consider it a life lesson. The rest of us already learned a long time ago that when you need a cop theres none around, but as soon as YOU break the law they spring out of bushes and trees and shit. Cops are like ninjas with donuts.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:57 am

[quote="thanuk"]Oh well then consider it a life lesson. The rest of us already learned a long time ago that when you need a cop theres none around, but as soon as YOU break the law they spring out of bushes and trees and shit. Cops are like ninjas with donuts.[
/quote]

How _dare_ you demean ninjas like that! ;)

Motar: Sorry, it wasn't clear the problem had been dealt with in your original post. But yeah, cops can be assholes...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:51 am

There's one thing important to remember whenever trying to get the police to help:

The police are under no legal obligation to protect the lives of civilians. This has been pointed out numerous times by various courts. They're not there as bodyguards, they're there to clean up the mess. Most of the police officers I've talked to online will tell you to NEVER depend on them if you feel your life is in danger. Then they would give advice similar to what Sarvis did.
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:31 pm

Your problem is that you asked for help from the police. Your looking in the wrong place. Here is the answer to your problems.

http://www.ninja4hire.com/services.html

Hire the Ninja to kick him in the balls. It only costs $25.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”