Anyone else here run Seti@home?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Anyone else here run Seti@home?

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:41 pm

Just a random question. I'm iced in, so no work for me today. Just curious if anyone else out there runs seti@home frequently. I always try to have mine running, but i've got so little hours. It's up to 3032 hours so far. Need more! So, yeah. anyone else?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:32 pm

Yeah, I have it running on a few systems. Total computer time 81853hr, with 6588 packets completed.

How much ice and stuff you get ther anyway, heard its nasty.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:58 pm

We got about an inch on the roads. It was pretty nasty, indeed. Took a picture of it this morning. Just white and bleak, and grey. Quite sucks. Free day off though.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:56 pm

Ain't that them crazy UFO people Jody Foster isa workin' for?
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:02 pm

iced in? what a crock, oh wait i forgot texans dont know how to drive on ice or snow :) talk shit, why yes, why? i live in texas :) mmmuuuuuaaaaahhhh
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:02 pm

Mikayla wrote:iced in? what a crock, oh wait i forgot texans dont know how to drive on ice or snow :) talk shit, why yes, why? i live in texas :) mmmuuuuuaaaaahhhh

Damn right we don't! Here's the picture I took this morning.

Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:05 pm

thats it? hell that aint enough to cancell school :)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:26 pm

*ROFL* looks like a warm spring day to me... hell, we get days like that in the summer! ;)
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:31 pm

get days like that in the middle of july in colorado springs
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:48 pm

Do you get days of 120F with the barometer so high the air has to be sipped through a straw? Trade ya!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:03 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Do you get days of 120F with the barometer so high the air has to be sipped through a straw? Trade ya!

*agree* Posers. Come to Texas in August to see what a summer REALLY is.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:20 pm

Yeah, but the question is: Would Rochester, NY shut down if it were 120 out and you had to sip the air through a straw? The answer is, no. So you Texans are still pansies, because you can't handle simple winter weather conditions and whine about non-winter weather conditions. Us northerners just have to grin and bear it in any weather.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:31 pm

Sarvis wrote:Yeah, but the question is: Would Rochester, NY shut down if it were 120 out and you had to sip the air through a straw? The answer is, no. So you Texans are still pansies, because you can't handle simple winter weather conditions and whine about non-winter weather conditions. Us northerners just have to grin and bear it in any weather.

No, the question is, would you melt in our summer? And we don't shut down in the summer. We tend to only shut down for public safety, because people do NOT know how to drive on ice, it tends to be safer for everyone. And damn, how'd this turn into a pissing contest. Feh, back to the point I posted this for. Take other off tangent comments elsewhere.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:42 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:And damn, how'd this turn into a pissing contest.

I dunno... this look familiar? ;)

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:*agree* Posers. Come to Texas in August to see what a summer REALLY is.

And no, I would not melt.

I've thought about doing the SETI thing, but I'd rather find a more interesting project. err... let me rephrase that, I'd rather find a project with some hope of success. I'm not discounting the possibility of extraterrestrial life, I'm just discounting the thought that they would have any desire to let us know about them. And if they can fly around through the galaxy/universe... my little computer ain't got a chance.

Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:59 pm

hell i love it when it is 95 with 80% humidity ;) god i love those days, cant wait till summer :)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:09 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:No, the question is, would you melt in our summer? And we don't shut down in the summer. We tend to only shut down for public safety, because people do NOT know how to drive on ice

No we wouldn't, and your a pussy. It breaks 100 degrees in NY fairly regularly. Hell last year in march it was 95 degrees for 5 days and then dropped to -10, at least in albany. So in closing, your a pussy, texans are pussies, we is > den j00, and stop crying about a little morning frost. If i had a day off every time it looked like that outside id be on a 3 month vacation.

p.s. seti@home sucks too. So your a pussy and an idiot.

p.p.s. Your car is a peice of shit too. Nice try at making your pick up look like an SUV though, you trendy redneck bastard.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:13 pm

A little bit of snow can stop a lot of things...

http://www.msnbc.com/news/877081.asp?0ql=c7p
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:55 pm

nukie stop being a butthead, oh wait you cant, never mind :P
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:40 am

You guys are all dorks .. spend the summer in bahrain and THEN tell me what hot is ..

Do you have ANY idea what 157 degrees F feels like??

turn your oven on .. stick head in .. breathe deeply ... yup thats it

Read my other post on the whole snow and ice issue
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:41 am

Dammit Sarvis I done tol' you, that there Jody Foster done found them there spacemen within her big ol' TV dish.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”