I Must be Jesus! but my eq must not be!!!!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
gogk
Sojourner

I Must be Jesus! but my eq must not be!!!!

Postby gogk » Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:53 am

this was in my last post. im kinda pissed. something unfortunate happened to me. a freakish accident.

i lost all my eq i got ressed in GH had to get summoned back to dk via that water passageway under dk. i do all that and im standing on water (but its dark and i didnt pay attention which IS MY FAULT) but anyway, i ask the person who held my eq if i can have my sack from my bag. i have two in there one is lit the other not si i see he gets something from something and then hands me something. now the room still isnt lit so i dont know what he handed me. i thought he handed me the unlit sack. it turns out it was my bag of holding, with ALL my eq in it!

not knowing this i type drop sack but i cant drop anything cause i cant see it so i type drop all. by doin that you drop everything even things you cant see. then splash and sink.

so here i am Jesus Gogk Ogre Warrior, standing on water as jeses did. now i dont know, just maybe if im standing on water dont ya think it would be easy enought to get the eq from the very water i find it so easy to stand in and walk on? seems the gods here disagree hence the lost swords and eq.

so i ask the gods for alil help on this one and i get the big, oof heya sorry pal cant do anything for ya. but other character(S) here have had characters restored over bullshit they did themselves. what is the difference here? maybe i dont know any of the gods or maybe i dont kiss their asses enough. i dont know. maybe just maybe i have done something to piss the gods off. or is it selective reasoning which produces a certain kind streak in the gods inwhich they decide to help out the people who put a ton of time in this game?

as usual i dont have a clue. i could be all wrong about this. its just my ramblings that flow at this hour of the morning. after feeling like i been shit on by the game i love playing. if i offended anyone plz let me know ill pretend for just a few seconds like i give a rats ass.

have a nice day.

------------------
Gogk, Everyone Picks On The Fat Kid
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:12 am

Gogk -

I'm sorry you lost your eq. However...

You are comparing apples to oranges. Restoring people who deleted themselves out of anger is not a game issue. It's a strange subject and I'm tired, but suffice it to say that this practice does not affect the CHARACTER, only the PLAYER, and is done outside of the game itself. The delete option is a powerful device, and in the past we have been lenient with it's permenancy.

However. What you do IN THE GAME is your problem, simply put - unless you were the victim of a provable bug. This is the way it has always been, and always will be. We have never to my knowledge reimbursed someone for: jumping into a bad gate, dropping their stuff over water, losing their corpse, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

So, please stop making public accusations of favoritism. It is, as you said, YOUR FAULT.

That said, I wish you good luck in getting your equipment back, and hope you will stick with the game. These things happen, but it's not the end of the world...even if it seems that way at the time.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:06 pm

ooo shev you what i think is funny? the same god who said they couldnt help me tonight. has infact helped out people b4 retrieving corpses. im not gonna mentions names but i will tell you that you say these are public accusations when i have seen it first hand which turns it into a fact.

i also beg to differ that it is apples and oranges. for the sole reason that i was angry cause i lost my eq as opposed angry cause i got into an arguement with someone and deleted my own character or something along those lines. now if i were to delete my character because i was angry and never come back that is one thing im deleted even if i wanted to come back. im deleted. gone.
But, hey i got mad so i deleted myself with eq on can i have it back and my level plz i was mad i wasnt thinking i didnt see the consequences of my actions till now....blah blah its the same thing shev.

loss of eq = mad and possible self deletion
no restoration.
or
arguement = mad and self deletion..yet that warrents restoration.

both done by the player effecting the character and the player but one deserves one doesnt...i dont see it that way.

p.s. shev if you want to know what im talkin about so its not discussed publically send me tell when im on

------------------
Lig
Sojourner

Postby Lig » Mon Jan 07, 2002 1:02 pm

Them's fightin' words.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Jan 07, 2002 4:27 pm

People get angry and delete? Wow, isn't it more fun to just pick on the fat kid so you feel better?

Here Pokie Pokie!

:P
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:07 pm

i think what gogk said has merit. the gods we have now were players after all, and their close mud friends know who they are. it's probably hard to not help out your friend when you clearly have the power to do so, but whether or not that has happened the general populace has seen no logs/posts regarding it.

yet, gogk, there are nicer ways to ask and make your opinion on the matter known. if i had been in your shoes i woulda gone to bed, suffered with the horrible nightmares that were sure to come since, on a game like this, losing everything you worked for can be a huge psychological blow, then worked on a more constructive criticism the next morning.

however, we dont want a precedent set here do we? it would take the risk out of the game. i think gogk's situation was unique. if he had lost his sack to dragon breath i'd snicker at request to restore his pfile. the person holding his sack, obviously an ultravisioner, shoulda whipped out a freakin light.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:13 pm

Gogk,

The staff does not play favorites. I already explained the difference between undo-ing a delete and reimbursing a character, I will not do so again in thsi thread.

If you have a problem with an Administrator's decision, you are free to take it up with a Senior Admin or the Admin Forger (Kia, Mask, or Miax). It really doesn't belong here, and you are not helping your cause with your posts.

------------------
</B>
Shaylot
Sojourner

Postby Shaylot » Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:16 am

Not caring about the current event:

If you are swimming underwater, and drop something. Then it shouldn't *poof*.

If it does, then that would seem illogical to me.
Im not sure how normal (non-ocean, non water-filled) rooms should act.

<hr>
my 2¢
/Shaylot McFeast
Gruumsh
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Gruumsh » Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:24 am

Grinthor. No its not hard for a God not to help out his close mud friend knowing he clearly has the power. It is very easy to let your friend have fun and figure it out his self. Or to let him have fun re building his eq or what ever.
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:34 am

as far as nicer ways to ask. im done being nice. im nice to everyone and i get walked all over. thats just my personal standpoint on that, no more mr. nice gogk. if i dont already like you or know you dont bother saying a word to me i dont want to hear it.

as far as taking it up with other admins, the your handling it now shev is they way it will always be handled, with open ended rejections. its always been that way and always will be that way. or other people have lost this or that sorry. blah blah.

what i dont understand is why this isnt the place for it?..i thought this where we can talk about anything in the universe.

i came out and said what i felt on the subject. you replied shev. i poked holes in what you said, you poked holes in what i said and if you feel that you have said your piece, and dont feel there is anything else to say on it, that is fine. but to tell me that a subject like is isnt allowed to spoken about here is rediculous. let other people take from what we started and share what they feel on this subject or something similar.

or why dont we have a board that says we can talk about anything we want. and really mean it.

lemme finish with saying i have all the respect in the world for shev garg berr miax and all the other admins. im not in anyway trying to put them down or offend them in anyway. i hate you all in the most loving way i can. and im still playing and always will play. its just fun arguing with the gods:P PEACE!
------------------

[This message has been edited by gogk (edited 01-07-2002).]
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:03 am

gogk-

i can understand your frustration. at one point i lost all my eq from both sok & simok. most of the folks on mud are pretty nice. if u posted that something unfortunate like that happen most will give u their extra stuff. heck i got mh broadsword and extra gith sword if u want. anyways thats all i gotta say. look me up when i'm on i got some extra stuff. basically castor stuff but....

sok
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
What you do IN THE GAME is your problem, simply put - unless you were the victim of a provable bug. This is the way it has always been, and always will be. We have never to my knowledge reimbursed someone for: jumping into a bad gate, dropping their stuff over water, losing their corpse, etc. etc. ad infinitum.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have observed at least one occassion where the staff answered a petition about a corpse produced by entering the wrong gate, where the player was given hints as to its location by more than one immortal.

-Todrael
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:32 am

Gogk, I've done everything I can to be polite and helpful to you. The fact is, you will not be reimbursed for what happened to you. We do not interfere in such matters, and never have.

Generally, these types of Administrative issues are handled privately, but if you wish to discuss it here I will not stop you. You are free to talk about it on this BBS all you want, as long as you refrain from publicly attacking the Staff.

------------------
</B>
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:39 am

Todrael -

That's hardly a full reimbursement. Sounds like someone took pity and had a little bit of mercy on one poor soul. I suppose that means we have to reimburse everyone for everything now?

------------------
</B>
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:00 am

I was stating an observation. When stating an observation, one is not stating an opinion. I did not say that it was a reimbursement for the player. I did not say that Gogk should receive a reimbursement. Another thing that I did not say is that "we have to reimburse everyone for everything now". I was showing that the immortals do, from time to time, assist players with things that would ordinarily seem to be something they would not assist with, and that individual circumstances are taken into consideration, that there isn't a blanket 'no staff intervention' policy.

-Todrael
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:09 am

I realize that Tod. Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you - I'm having a bad week. Image

You are correct in that individual circumstances are often taken into account. However, I am talking about reimbursements - and for that, we DO have a blanket non-intervention policy, except in the case of being stricken by a bug.

------------------
</B>
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>I realize that Tod. Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you - I'm having a bad week. Image

You are correct in that individual circumstances are often taken into account. However, I am talking about reimbursements - and for that, we DO have a blanket non-intervention policy, except in the case of being stricken by a bug.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually have a constructive idea here... And bear with me, it's only my first cup of coffee this morning...
It's something that I've noticed in the years that I've been playing on sojourn, and I know it's been brought up once or twice (I have a feeling Tod can help me out with the actual threads :>)
But it's about dropping stuff in water...
Yes, I realize that it is made as an extra incentive to be careful, but I was thinking, we have the swimming ability, and some have waterbreathing... Why not, instead of having the items go *poof* in all instances, maybe have a few, or more then a few, where the items sink down to the lowest level, kinda like when I fall off bridges and land on the bottom, leaving me at 2 hp with a Manticore on my heels... <cough>
Maybe, if there are certain flags that could be put on them, metal objects would require a saving throw to not rust away, and if it's wooden, well, based on weight, it could float or sink.
Questions/Comments/Ice Cream?

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:37 pm

Ice Cream!

Sounds like a fun idea, but would be some interesting coding, I think they'd have to add rooms to EVERY water area that doesn't already have a d option.

But I'm not a coder, so that's why I choose Ice Cream!

Toplack
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Tue Jan 08, 2002 4:53 pm

Allow me to quote myself..
<b> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
eq sink that don't get used often...It helps, even a little...
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE></b>

A sink is anything that decreases the volume of a commodity..Cash sinks decrease the volume of currency in circulation, etc.

So, anything that decreases the volume of a commodity, no matter how diminutive the rate, is considered a sink.

I like the fact that if you fumble your weapon over a body of water, you lose it. That's all I'm saying. I didn't say that we'll end up depending on this method to keep eq out of the game.

Please, don't make me waste my flame thrower fuel.

Disco

[This message has been edited by Sartorix (edited 01-09-2002).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:23 am

It probably isn't actually on your mind at this point, but you could be Peter instead.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jan 09, 2002 6:25 am

come on sartorix eq sinking into water is not an eq sink (except in the most literal terms). get real. that aint going to slow the rate of eq accumulation at all.

how about you make eq float in a room until there are no players in the room, then any eq lieing in the room gets purged (via sink). This would make fumbling weapons a bit more bearable.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 01-09-2002).]
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Wed Jan 09, 2002 6:38 am

You don't think people lose weapons to water rooms? Come on.
Lets not forget duckponding, a practice of which I am very supportive.

Disco
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Jan 09, 2002 2:55 pm

Question G,

You mentioned you had 2 bags, one lit, the other not. If you were handed the lit bag, you could see, if it wasn't the one w/ all your stuff in it, you then could ask for the other and no issue. If you were handed the non lit one, ask for the lit one ( or just other one) and again, no problem. If you didn't know which one had the equ, you still ask for both, and you're then lit, no problem.

In short, I feel for you, and would be going nuts if I'd done it myself, but it appears it was not so much that you couldn't see, but that you had a brain fart, and thereby lost your gear.

On the bright side, most people I've seen lose their equ ended up with as good if not better stuff shortly thereafter from sympathetic fellow mudders and friends.

I feel for ya,

Toplack
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:18 pm

no im not forgetting my favorite mud feature fumble. But the percentage of eq that leaves the game via corpse rot and crash, ress and crash, dropped bags over water, and tossing weapons into water is soo small that youd be a crazy to argue that it is an eq sink. its ridiculous to consider any of the current methods that eq leaves the game as an eq sink. More eq prolly left the game when corth quit/got declined than has been lost from the inception of soj3 in the above methods. You wanna call players quitting an eq sink too?
therdan
Sojourner

Postby therdan » Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:24 pm

When this happens usually one of two things happens. (Soj1 and soj2)
1. Person gets pissed flames, bitchs and moans and soons get deleted for twink behavior.
2. Gives folks something to do besides eq alts. Often leading to people doing something besides exp and inn sitting.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Jan 13, 2002 1:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
no im not forgetting my favorite mud feature fumble. But the percentage of eq that leaves the game via corpse rot and crash, ress and crash, dropped bags over water, and tossing weapons into water is soo small that youd be a crazy to argue that it is an eq sink. its ridiculous to consider any of the current methods that eq leaves the game as an eq sink. More eq prolly left the game when corth quit/got declined than has been lost from the inception of soj3 in the above methods. You wanna call players quitting an eq sink too?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, you're probably right about the corth leaving/eq part. It's kind of sick, come to think about it. But losing weapons are definitely a resource drain. It's just a question of for whom.

It's probably more of a drain for the person who forgets and fumbles his flamby that he coughed up 5k for (I know a few warriors that worked months to scrape the plat together) than the person who fumbles a weapon and can get another one zoning.

In other words, it *is* actually a significant drain in some instances, but not on those who have the bulk of the eq and zone a whole lot.
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Sun Jan 13, 2002 4:36 pm

yeah gort i dont deny that it was a brain fart...but i do wanna clarufy something. the sack i was askin for was a quiver not my container. the container was a bag of holding. so there in lies the confusion. if i asked for a sack i should have gotten a sack. but i was the idiot who dropped it. in NO WAY DO I BLAME the person who handed me my bag.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:27 pm

Cool G,

Luck to you in replacing your gear.

Toplack
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:17 pm

good point moreithil. it can be a significant drain of eq on an individual level. I was talking and thinking more along the lines of impact on absolute level of eq.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”