Serves them right!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
thanuk
Sojourner

Serves them right!

Postby thanuk » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:41 pm

This is just too funny! Thanks little green footballs, you made mah day!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... shields_dc
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Kthxbye~
Sojourner

Postby Kthxbye~ » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:12 pm

this line is the best:
Some 50 other Swedish anti-war human shield activists who had traveled to Iraq began to leave on Monday, saying they had wanted to protect hospitals and schools but had been forced out to refineries, power plants and water works.

dem eye-rackies ain't stoopid!! they can drum up all SORTS of bad press against the United States and the allies if they bomb a school, they don't need human shields for that....even though, in the Gulf War, they were hiding weapons and soldier's in schools and hospitals and set up makeshift schools and hospitals in old munitions warehouses....isn't Saddam wonderful?
Vlorm - the Iron Chef of Griffon's Nest

Corth group-says 'forgot you were useful vlorm :)'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:02 pm

Yeah, I heard about this earlier today. Almost made me laugh out loud at work. Wish I could send them some money, but only let them use it to go back to Iraq and "defend" those strategic targets. I'm sure they can sell their bodies for a little cash to get out of the region. hahahahaha
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:59 am

"Basically, they said we are not going to feed you any longer," said John Ross, an American who has been active in radical causes since he tore up his draft card in 1964. He said that the Iraqi authorities ordered the activists to deploy at some 60 sites across the country: electricity plants, water treatment centres, communications facilities. None of the potential targets deemed worthy of protection were hospitals or schools - a decision activists said compromised their mission.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0, ... 68,00.html

I've said before that this was nothing more than subsidized tourism. In exchange for coming to iraq and giving saddam some propaganda material, they were given lucrative food vouchers and luxurious hotel accomodations. When the shields refused to actually deploy, the Iraqis stopped giving them stuff. This of course meant it was time to go home.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:24 pm

wow.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:41 am

Uhm, pardon me if I am mistaken, but wouldnt those people be considered traitors? Defending the enemy during wartime? In the USA that kind of thing is a capitol offense, punishable by death... like the people who sold the newk-ul-lur bomb to russia.

Im pretty sure that at the least, its probably a policy that they are considered the enemy in a situation like that.

-gerad
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:19 am

I don't know if anyone is going to arrest them, but I don't think anyone is going to avoid bombing any buildings they have been deployed in. I would be a lot more sympathetic towards the involuntary human shields that saddam forced into military targets during the 1991 war. I wonder if these assholes that volunteered to be 'human shields' for Saddam realize that many people have had the same title forced on them in the past...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:32 pm

Gerad wrote:Uhm, pardon me if I am mistaken, but wouldnt those people be considered traitors? Defending the enemy during wartime?

If they're not carrying weapons, they're not "defending the enemy". Even if they are carrying weapons but can prove they didn't fire them at US soldiers, they're not guilty. (Though if you can figure out how to prove that...)

Might get them on "aiding and abetting", but that would be hard to do, too. They aren't providing material aid or information. My bet would be with Corth: Ignore 'em now, ignore 'em if they're in Iraq when the bombs fall, ignore 'em afterwards. Some family member will bring a lawsuit about their deaths, which will be thrown out of court.
kragt
Sojourner

Postby kragt » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:59 pm

Here's some interesting reading on Iraq's use of human shields in the past.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/iraq_human_shields/index.html

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”