Just a question...

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Just a question...

Postby Auril » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:22 am

What is the most beautiful place, on the mud or off, that you've seen?
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:45 am

Clouds, sylph area :)
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:07 am

the login screen :P :(
Ensis
Sojourner

Re: Just a question...

Postby Ensis » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:18 am

Auril wrote:What is the most beautiful place, on the mud or off, that you've seen?

850 feet off the ground, floating through the night under a T10D parachute.
Drakkoth
Sojourner

Postby Drakkoth » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:41 am

I'd have to say the sleeping quarters of the goblin caves. Place of my most poignant Sojourn memories still.
fildur
Sojourner

Postby fildur » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:16 am

*** Welcome to Sojourn ***

8)
/fil
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:18 am

Ingame: Some of those rooms with descriptions of waterfalls, theres one over near Faeralae I think, also I always liked the descr of the room the mighty balor itherilimiad (or wahtever he is) is in, and the surrounding rooms in UM. I seem to remember some room that had the descr in the full ansi colour of a curving rainbow - hard to read, but looked cool (or was that on another mud?).. I have always liked that pool room behind the SG king, and lastly some of the rooms in Musp are sweet too.

IRL: Several areas of coastline from Forster to Seal Rocks on the mid-north coast of NSW Australia, remain my alltime favourite places - from pristine and outstanding beaches, to extremely diverse and marine-life-rich headlands, to almost unrivalled scenery and beauty - I would recommend anyone who likes the beach/surf/salt water/wild coastal places to check it out.
Check out a little info on some of it at the following:
http://www.treacherycamp.com.au/index.htm
http://www.escapenorth.com.au/great_lak ... _palms.htm
http://www.greatlakes.org.au/index1.htm ... allery.htm
BEER
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:10 pm

IRL:

I was flying a short jaunt from Austin back to Oklahoma City at night. The sky was full of clouds and that worried me at first, since I'm not a big fan of flying, but I take a book with me on flights, in case I feel the need to be distracted. I saw the most amazing sight that night. I know that I will probably never, ever see anything like it again, and sometimes it still haunts me in my dreams.

The plane rose until it broke through the first layer of clouds and leveled out. The cloudcover grew thicker as we flew north until we flew between a narrow floor and ceiling of clouds. The first thing to bring my eye to the window was the flash of lightning and I glanced out in nervousness, but as soon as I realized that I was not dreaming the landscape before me, I could not look away.

The night was clear and there was a full moon, so this silvery light infused the clouds above the plane, offering enough illumination to see the general details of the foreign land we traveled in. The whole scene lent itself to an illusion of size. Enormous, perfectly shaped columns of marble-white clouds traveled between the floor and the ceiling, and brilliant tendrils of lightning danced inside these columns as if they were electrical conduits, licking and swirling up the interior of the columns, and occasionally crackling outside the clouds to cast the landscape in their bright luminescence. While still in moonlight the floor below appeared to be a fairly flat carpet of white, solid enough to dance across and bringing the ceiling above in close, as if inside a hall of columns, but in the brightness of the lightning flashes the floor below opened up... omg, I don't know how to explain it. It was like we were floating somewhere above the ocean's surface, then all of a sudden all the water would disappear and we could see to the very bottom, even into the depths of the rifts, and every valley, every softly rolling hill and every sharp precipice stood out in stark relief, white against white with differing tints of silver and blue. Suddenly I could see how the Norse could believe there would be giants residing in the clouds, tossing angry bolts of lightning at each other and making war across the fields of white.

I may never see anything like it again, but I will never forget it.
cichlids
Sojourner

Postby cichlids » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:45 pm

Snurgt
Sojourner

Re: Just a question...

Postby Snurgt » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:55 pm

Auril wrote:What is the most beautiful place, on the mud or off, that you've seen?

Ensis has left the group.

pwn

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”