The Cold Shoulder

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Kallinar
Sojourner

The Cold Shoulder

Postby Kallinar » Tue Jan 22, 2002 6:35 am

Hello Folks.

You might know me as a member of the association known as Rising Phoenix.

Not too long ago, a member of our struggling association caused trouble with members of another guild and made a bit of trouble for all the rest of my fellow members.

I made apologies to the parties that were insulted, and proceeded to compose a code of conduct that my guildmates must follow, and have been following to the best of my knowledge.

Now for my plea.

I have heard tell that many of you think we are a bunch of noob twinks, or some other rigamarole of the sort. Yes I admit we have new players in the guild, but without new players, the mud would become just one big clique would it not? Whenever I see new people on, I help them. That has ALWAYS been my way.

Recently the leadership of the Rising Phoenix association was given to me. I have been playing this mud since the days my old character Gulraex was a bezerker. I think the only person here that remembers me is Seldrin because we were roomates at the time.
As far as zones, I don't know jack because I have a memory like a leaky faucet and I don't keep notes on games. I am a manageral leader, not a game leader. I can enforce rules and regulations, but I cannot lead a group thru Jot (not like I can get a group and a gate to go there anyhow).

Basically what I am trying to say is, the people of our association are really good people. We are down to 6 members from our 12 we had in the last month. The person that started all of the discontent is no longer a member, and the former leader transferred power to me in hopes that it would stay together. I would like to Applaud Nerin, Turgil, and Karae for their steadfastness in sticking with us thru a hard spot.

Please folks, reconsider your opinion of us. Many of you older mudders had to struggle at one time or another, I am sure. We are struggling now, and this is my appeal to have you cease hostilities toward our group. We are a peaceful bunch, and are bent on learning as much as we can so we can successfully become better mudders.

If you see a member of Rising Phoenix that is level 20-40 wearing gear that they wouldn't normally be wearing as a noob, remember, some people are generous and give things to people in need. It can be damaging for us to not learn how to get/where good eq comes from, but If someone just came up and gave you a suit of Red Dragon Armor, and you were a warrior wearing steel sleeves, steel leggings, and a set of black leather armor, would YOU turn it down?
We would like to thank our friends Drakur, Alvathair(in all his different forms), Seldrin. Sarell, Muma, Jorrok(in all his different forms), Glahir, Lilithelle, and MANY others who have contributed their help to our members in the past.
IMHO if we all work together and put aside petty differences, I am sure we will all discover that we can all be great friends in the future, and play this game happily together.

Sincerely
Kallinar -=Protector of the Law=- Rising Phoenix
Cerlayne
Sojourner

Postby Cerlayne » Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:33 am

having played this mud since it was known as Toril.. about 6 years now... i can honestly say i have never been in a guild or have known a guild whose member/s did said acted etc that caused the guild some grief... usually temporary but sometimes permanent... it happens... we are all human beings with attitudes compassions trust loyalty mistrust deceit behind these monitors... we all piss people off and usually feel badly about it...

i'm sorry your guild feels this way...and from your post i think you've shown that you understand the problems and are willing to handle them and are working to solve them... thats not an easy job and i wish you all the best

but i also want to offer up any help you might need.... as leader of Eternal Covenant i am extending a helping hand should you need one.... whether its help with zones... quest questions or downright newbie question like how do i eat (i do remember bein a newbie and man i was sad to watch till i figured things out) me and my guild are here if you need help... all you have to do is hollar... we'll help if we can....

stick with it.. it's worth it.... i have many friends on the mud but i find i'm usually closer to those in my guild.... it's worth the hassels if only for the friends....

good luck and let me know if ya need anything

Cerly 'Leader' Eternal Covenant
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jan 22, 2002 1:14 pm

Well said Kallinar. Feel free to toss me a tell if ya have any questions or need help Image
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:12 pm

as a Member of soon-to-be-formed Bigus Digus, my advice is penes pump. it enhance size and girth. send me a tell if u need more help.

Super Soker - Purple Worm - Bigus Digus
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:30 pm

Kallinar, as you no doubt know because I took you and some of your guildmates zoning the other day, I have no standing quarrel with Rising Phoenix.

However, I *was* irked a few weeks ago at the advertising blitz. If you're referring to that, I just hope it doesn't happen again Image Cheers! Now let's spellup and go get Malice!

PS - what I am referring to is a certain day wherein a lot of eq mobs suddenly had leaflets on them... urging the reader to take certain actions.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:32 pm

PS: I will still inguild sometime if I can get -=Funky Chicken=- in redgold ansi.

*nodme*
Zazure
Sojourner

Postby Zazure » Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:18 pm

What a shame players are made to feel such a public appology is necessary. Kudos to you for standing up and doing it.
Zazzy is only level 47, and can't/won't lead her way out of a wet paper bag, but please, any of your members, feel free to ask me any questions. If I do not know the answer, I most likely know someone who does.

Zazure Amay'rial
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:42 pm

Thanks folks. I appreciate it much.

As for the advertising blitz, :P Sorry, it won't happen again, as it was basically just a publicity campaign to let people know we were there and tended to stay despite what hardships we were to face in the future.

Yes It was all my idea, and it is my responsibility to apologize for it. Worked tho didn't it? You knew we were there and are willing to interact to the fullest extent of our capabilities with other players. I would like to thank the mobs that
cooperated so nicely with distributing those flyers for me, may they rest in peace :P

But on a serious note, I do appreciate the support and help. My crew has a mixture od old and new players and we will probably ask some really odd questions, like "What is this pickeled human spleen for anyhow?" :P but we also try our damnest to figure some of the mysteries still on the mud for ourselves. If we get in a bind, you can be sure we will ask. I for one am not the kind of guy thats too chicken shit to stop and ask for directions. Image

With much appreciation,
Kallinar

PS: MOO
Ladorn
Sojourner

Postby Ladorn » Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:15 pm

I'm not sure what this person did to outcast your guild, nor do I care, but if you have a question I'll be glad to try and answer it. I rarely lead, but I do have some decent knowledge of the mud.(ie. The spleen is for Windsong) I'm all for trying to help newbies, it's just sometimes I just don't have time to actually group and/or get eq for them. I'm almost always free to chat and answer questions. My advice is to simply get levels and try to sneak your way into "elite" groups, and when you do listen your ass off. Ask questions via tells to someone in the group that isn't leading, or constantly spelling up.(Like a ranger!) I hope for the best for your guild.

-Ladorn
Nebomosel
Sojourner

Postby Nebomosel » Thu Jan 24, 2002 12:05 am

I'll add my support to your guild, Kallinar. I don't know everything and know very few quests but I'll be glad to help you and your people in any way I can. I'm usually on every night and if I'm not available to take you where you need to go, I'll give the best dirs I can to get you where you need to go. You're quite right in that we need more new blood who want to learn. Let's keep the new folks around as much as possible.

Neb
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jan 24, 2002 12:25 am

Gormal ist here.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”