Sex

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Sex

Postby Lilithelle » Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:38 pm

Now that I have your attention I'd like to make a request of everyone that I've helped.
I'd like you to refuse to help Zogur, Sslarris, Ezzallixxell, and Rokub(Isma) in anything they may ask, or any of their alts.

I will explain why I'm asking this.
This morning I was soloing Zhalatrax, I'd kill the sea wyrm for the tablet needed to get to Zhalatrax, I'd kill the two level 42 guards with Zhalatrax. I'd gotten Zhalatrax to small wounds when the zone repopped closing the door so I couldn't flee, I died. I prayed up and returned only to find these 4 evils killing Zhalatrax, they took the eq and refused to give it to me.

I'd like this to be maintained until such time as these evils give to me the eq from Zhalatrax. I thank anyone who willing to help in this matter.
Lilithelle
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:42 pm

Seriously, do you THINK that 4 very popular evils, who've been around for several wipes would be ostracized cause someone posted on the bbs.

[This message has been edited by Jegzed (edited 01-24-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:05 pm

You'd think four very popular evils who have been around for several wipes would have been decent enough not to pull something like that, eh?

What's up with one piece of eq that makes people behave like that? And yes, I know which piece of eq it was, and it wasn't worth stooping that low.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:09 pm

good evil we should treat each other with respect.

id like to hear their side of the story or at least their side 2nd hand from you. what did they say when you asked them?

>This morning I was soloing Zhalatrax

downgrade druids

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 01-24-2002).]
HeMang
Sojourner

Postby HeMang » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:14 pm

i fot this were bout sex Image
y u gotta trick i
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:39 pm

it is about sex hemang replace "helped" with "had dirty nasty elven school girl sex with"

>I'd like to make a request of everyone that I've helped.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 01-24-2002).]
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>it is about sex hemang replace "helped" with "had dirty nasty elven school girl sex with"

>I'd like to make a request of everyone that I've helped.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 01-24-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well shit, I guess im obligated then. Then again by those same standards I owe Rokub some loyalty too, i mean it wasnt elven school girl sex by any means, but a few drinks, a couple pills and we were down to our shortpants, singing show tunes.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:55 pm

Rokub is also Isma. One day I was soloing korahl. He walks into the room and mutters something about always being a minute too late. Anyways, as I was meming out (mislead so he can't track), isma has his buddy track korahl away from his spot. While i was looking for him, isma had his group welled in. I found them right on time to kill korahl and loot the gaunts.

Of course it went to the gods, to wit: Erevan. I have always respected him, and to this day think he is one of the best there is. But he did something really dumb. He decided that I had a claim since I was soloing, but isma had a claim if I wasn't able to solo it. So he decided to award us both the speed gaunts. So remember, if theres ever a dispute like this, say that when it happened to corth, both parties got the item. (great precedent huh?)

Ask anyone in my guild, btw, i have solo'd korahl a good 6-8 times this wipe.

Anyways, since lilithelle brought up the subject and listed those guys, I figured I would post this. It only applies to isma/rokub though, I dont know about any of the others.

Corth
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lilithelle:
<B>Now that I have your attention I'd like to make a request of everyone that I've helped.
I'd like you to refuse to help Zogur, Sslarris, Ezzallixxell, and Rokub(Isma) in anything they may ask, or any of their alts.

I will explain why I'm asking this.
This morning I was soloing Zhalatrax, I'd kill the sea wyrm for the tablet needed to get to Zhalatrax, I'd kill the two level 42 guards with Zhalatrax. I'd gotten Zhalatrax to small wounds when the zone repopped closing the door so I couldn't flee, I died. I prayed up and returned only to find these 4 evils killing Zhalatrax, they took the eq and refused to give it to me.

I'd like this to be maintained until such time as these evils give to me the eq from Zhalatrax. I thank anyone who willing to help in this matter.
Lilithelle</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let break your statement down. Why didn't you ask for help to start with? So you think u can handle it by yourself, went to try it, then shit happen. When you came back for CR, you saw the other group kill it and ask for the EQ? Not like they take advantage of your situation. The zone reset, Zhalatrax probably back to normal condition.

Blung take no prisoner.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:05 pm

Blung, I think you miss the point.

Lilithelle would have gladly handed the item over if the situation were reversed (4 had died doing it) and she came along and solo'd. Actually, she would have asked if they needed help.

That is what a good person does.

Some other people are just pricks.

Dornax
Jurdex
Uzzel
Sojourner

Postby Uzzel » Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:06 pm

The isue was taken before the allmighty gods of this mud, by you little druid. They found we didnt notthing wrong.. Sometimes you should let things fall, rather then cry about it!

Uzzel/Sslarris

Just for the record, the guess that the mob was healed up, was correct. It was then free to kill by whomever the time we got there.

[This message has been edited by Uzzel (edited 01-24-2002).]
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>Rokub is also Isma. One day I was soloing korahl. He walks into the room and mutters something about always being a minute too late. Anyways, as I was meming out (mislead so he can't track), isma has his buddy track korahl away from his spot. While i was looking for him, isma had his group welled in. I found them right on time to kill korahl and loot the gaunts.

Of course it went to the gods, to wit: Erevan. I have always respected him, and to this day think he is one of the best there is. But he did something really dumb. He decided that I had a claim since I was soloing, but isma had a claim if I wasn't able to solo it. So he decided to award us both the speed gaunts. So remember, if theres ever a dispute like this, say that when it happened to corth, both parties got the item. (great precedent huh?)

Ask anyone in my guild, btw, i have solo'd korahl a good 6-8 times this wipe.

Anyways, since lilithelle brought up the subject and listed those guys, I figured I would post this. It only applies to isma/rokub though, I dont know about any of the others.

Corth</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good call, if there was any justice in the world the guantlets would have gone only to the guy who had 6-8 pairs already rather than the group where someone probably needed a first set.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:13 pm

I would also be interested in hearing the Evil's side of this. I've known Lillithelle to be more than fair and kind and gracious to all people she's encountered. And to see her treated thus shocks, surprises and angers me.

Sounds to me she was well into doing the mob, especially since she completed the quest to get into the zone. should have been hers to smite.

This is dirty pool.

Lost
Morvaane
Sojourner

Postby Morvaane » Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:15 pm

On a side note, I started a couple weeks ago, and Rokub was practically the only evil who even talked to me, let alone helped me. My hats off to him, I may have given up evil without his bit of encouragement...but he proved a friend, and these charges are ridiculous in my eyes.
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:20 pm

Hi Image
I'm listing all the characters I am that I can think of so you know who not to help!

I'm Ezzallixxell, nulatudas, lolane, ratoc and pelgard(my level 3 goodie).
My storage characters are axisirem and izav.

Please do not help any of them especially my storage characters. I feel so dirty. Out out damned spot. All the perfumes of persia can't
remove the wretched stenched that is me!

Signed (unsigned)
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:00 pm

OK, by the flawed logic used by our Evil brain children here if a group spanks on, say Jot another group can come up and do the zone. Oh look, all mobs are healed! too bad, see ya. Give me a break.

To even get into that room you need to quest a key. Lili completed that quest and left key outside in case she died (which is what any smart player would do)

So, from now on, when evis do CC should I wait until you get spanked and take the indigo key and say 'oh sorry guys, you died, I'm gonna finish up here. I have the key you left outside' ?

There is no way around it, you stole the zone/rare from someone who was more than capable of completing it on their own.

I'm tired of this bullshit about 'I have a group of 15 therefore I get precedence'. Fuck that. Some players are skilled enough to kill a mob solo. Good for them. They found it, they can kill it. I don't care if I show up with 2 people or twenty. just because I have a hoard of people doesn't give me more of a right to do a mob or zone than someone else.

Lili quested the key. The mob / zone was hers to do whether she died 100 times or none.

I usually avoid flaming people here. Hell I usually avoid posting here. But Zogur, Sslarris, Ezzallixxell and Rokub ? You guys pulled a real fucking asshole move here and you know it. Hope you're proud.

Lost
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:01 pm

My admonishment was not because you did anything illegal. Like I said, you were just jerks about it. It would be one thing to take the mob anyway if its someone you don't like or has wronged you in the past, but when it is someone who helps ANYone and EVERYone like Lilithelle does.. well.. yer just pricks for it.

Dornax
Jurdex
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
<B> Good call, if there was any justice in the world the guantlets would have gone only to the guy who had 6-8 pairs already rather than the group where someone probably needed a first set.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jackass. Every gaunt except the two that i quested myself were given away.

Corth
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B> Jackass. Every gaunt except the two that i quested myself were given away.

Corth

Why the harsh names? I simply agreed with you in my post and said the same thing you said in your post in defense of your actions. I am confused here. If your calling me a jackass, then you would be calling yourself one as well, as I only restated your own point.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:15 pm

No, you futzed with the words to get what you wanted out of it, Zrax.

I think you've gotta be the biggest jackass on the boards.. Well, Yaya might take the cake, not sure.. But you're damn close. So I agree with Corth here.

This was a pretty low thing to do. If you didn't have to quest to get inside, I can see maybe the point, even if it is assinine. But she quested it, fair and square. You were pretty low to tromp thru and take it.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>No, you futzed with the words to get what you wanted out of it, Zrax.

I think you've gotta be the biggest jackass on the boards.. Well, Yaya might take the cake, not sure.. But you're damn close. So I agree with Corth here.

This was a pretty low thing to do. If you didn't have to quest to get inside, I can see maybe the point, even if it is assinine. But she quested it, fair and square. You were pretty low to tromp thru and take it.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, this is a real wake up call for me to have an icon of sanity and reason such as yourself go against his nature, and inherit tendancies for civility and lash out against me in a rousing round of name calling and aspersion has really sent me a clear message.
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:37 pm

Zrax:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Good call, if there was any justice in the world the guantlets would have gone only to the guy who had 6-8 pairs already rather than the group where someone probably needed a first set
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The count shouldn't matter.

At all, period.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:46 pm

A couple of points after having read through all of this.

1) The question isn't who they are or how popular they are what they do normally, the question is what they did here, to this individual.

2) As near as I can tell, under the rule of the law, the evil party did nothing necessarily illegal. Hence the gods ruled in their favour.

That doesn't mean that they should have done it if they had known that she was there and had been first to it. At the very least, one of them should have contacted her about it.

Uzzel, it is statements like that which give evils a bad name on the MUD. I cannot stand the lack of courtesy I see on this MUD sometimes, and if it happened the way that Lilithelle said then all I can say is shame on you.

------------------
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:47 pm

You've forgotten me, Malacar! Image

The problem is, some people here are discussing rules/law. Others are discussing ethics. Ethics are harder to define, and can vary from culture to culture, group to group. It's up to the evil race chars to decide whether this was ethical or not. They're the ones who have an impact on the people in question.

My two cents.

[This message has been edited by Kiloppile (edited 01-24-2002).]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:51 pm

What, Malacar thinks Zrax might be a bigger ass than me? I'm not working hard enough.

Yayaril
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:54 pm

Did the evils killed the wyrm, quest the tablet or kill the 2 guards in the room?
Nope, so they shouldn't have had the right to even be in the zone. A group capable of doing the zone (Trust me, I know it can be solo'd Muhahahahahaha) was in the process of CR. If an admin ruled that the evils were the 'legal' party that's screwed.

Guess we elves need to start hiding the tablet huh?

Sorry to create suckiness but you know there are lots of cool places (in zone) to put the tablet if evils wanna be dick about it.

Its too bad that yet again the question of who can complete/can't complete is the problem.

Oh yeah maybe the 'evils will never see the white dragon' thing should come back too.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:56 pm

Alright people, enough is enough. Lilithelle is capable of soloing zhalatrax. That was just a bad bit of luck on her part, and that's happened to all of us. We've seen these posts before, and it's all been hashed over before, and if I remember correctly, what was decided was that for things to work smoothly, players have to treat each other with a bit of respect and the situation with common sense.

Lilithelle is a huge asset to this mud. She goes out of her way all the time to help anybody who needs help. You want a favor? Ask Lili, she'll be there for you. You need assistance? Ask Lili, she'll be on her way. I've known Lili to drop what she's doing to help level 1's CR over and over again.

In order to get to Zhalatrax you have to quest an item. If something goes wrong and what happened to Lilithelle happens, you have to make sure that item is left outside of the area Zhalatrax is in, so that you can get back to where he is. The evil group just happened along at the right time, found the item, and took advantage of the situation. I can see how it might have been a misunderstanding on their part, but how many of you wouldn't have then said "oh, is that what was happening" and then withdrawn? Almost everybody I know and play with would have, and a great many of the evils I know would have, as well, simply because we wouldn't want somebody else to come along and act that way with us.

I've never heard Lili whine or cry "no fair." She's probably one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure to share company with.

This isn't a good/evil debate, so don't go turning it into one. Rokub told me that he let the group know his feelings on it, and I believe that he did. They knew what they were doing. Four very popular evils who have been around several wipes? How charming of them to act like the "twinkish noobs" everybody seems to complain about.
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:59 pm

sorry hit submit twice.

[This message has been edited by Blung (edited 01-24-2002).]
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Waelos:
OK, by the flawed logic used by our Evil brain children here if a group spanks on, say Jot another group can come up and do the zone. Oh look, all mobs are healed! too bad, see ya. Give me a break. First and foremost, most evils are not rookie. If a group get spank in jot, can't get back in time before mobs heal up. Or can't CR. Of course the 2nd group have the right to do the zone. (Invasion or not) I believe it the written rule in Sojourn.

To even get into that room you need to quest a key. Lili completed that quest and left key outside in case she died (which is what any smart player would do) Uzzel said the God intervene, I pretty sure the God have their reason.

So, from now on, when evis do CC should I wait until you get spanked and take the indigo key and say 'oh sorry guys, you died, I'm gonna finish up here. I have the key you left outside' ?

CC doesn't need key to enter, you can pick door/doorbash/teleport in. or gate in. Spank is one thing. Spank and can't CR is another thing. Spank and regroup, get back in time before mob/mobs heal up is another thing.

There is no way around it, you stole the zone/rare from someone who was more than capable of completing it on their own. If a zone/rare is stolen from Lilithelle, I'm pretty sure the God would not rule against her/him.

I'm tired of this bullshit about 'I have a group of 15 therefore I get precedence'. Fuck that. Some players are skilled enough to kill a mob solo. Good for them. They found it, they can kill it. I don't care if I show up with 2 people or twenty. just because I have a hoard of people doesn't give me more of a right to do a mob or zone than someone else. You can try to kill a mob or mobs by soloing or with a group. Either way, if you fail, and mob/mobs heal up. Whoever come along or been waiting have a equal shot at it.

<B>Lili quested the key. The mob / zone was hers to do whether she died 100 times or none.

I usually avoid flaming people here. Hell I usually avoid posting here. But Zogur, Sslarris, Ezzallixxell and Rokub ? You guys pulled a real fucking asshole move here and you know it. Hope you're proud.

Lost</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You finds it hard to accept that fact that Lilithelle is a nice person and that you think she got rob of her quest.

Since you started this post referring to evil as Evil brain children, what I ask is why can't Goodie accept the God ruling? If my memory serve me right, a goodie asking a god to apologize or else he would not play. Even though he doesn't pay a dime to play the game. And the God pay the means to get the game running. Where is the logic in that?

Blung take no prisoner.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:02 am

Oh yeah and the funny part is, Lil would have given the Engulfed away to someone if they needed it.
(It's an elf thing.)
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>What, Malacar thinks Zrax might be a bigger ass than me? I'm not working hard enough.

Yayaril</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can try Yayaril. keyword is "try." I'm the biggest and badest ass in the game. It might be close if you add Corth, Malacar and Zrax ass together. (Like Zrax stated, it take an ass to know an ass)

Blung take no prisoner.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:13 am

Posting here was an act of anger, I shouldn't have. I appologize. To the evils, I forgive you. The matter should be dropped.
Lilithelle
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:16 am

It's funny Zrax.. I haven't made any of those posts lately(read this as in months, not days, since you love to change words to your liking), so you honestly have no basis for your inane half-assed flame at me.

Feel free to keep trying though.. I like it when you make yourself look even worse. One of my favorite pasttimes.

And Kil... You and I kissed and made up I thought?!?!?!

Rules aren't always rules, and hiding behind them, while ignoring ethics, is really shallow. I fear what you'd do in rl if a situation similar to this came up. Some might call it life. I call it having no integrity.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:18 am

Gotta love Blung posts.. They are so witty!
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:23 am

On the same note. Let's consider the evils involved. Ezz, zogur, rokub and sslariss, have and always are available to help people that need it and have often gone out of their way to do so. To say these people are less cause lili does stuff is silly at best because you obviously don't know these evils well.

I am sure lili is a great person, and I in no way mean for lili to feel slighted by this. IMO i would have given the item to lili, because its obvious she died trying to do the fight.

I will however in no way ignore/outcast 4 people that in their own turn gone out of their way to help me when I have asked. It's a two way street, don't expect everyone to be driving in the same direction.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:27 am

well where's the sex then?

*poke*

oh well, back to net prawns.
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:29 am

Galok:

The character of the evils should not be taken into question, only their actions. Why is it that so many people here seem to side with their friends rather than with who is right?

While I have admired their actions in the past and will not shun them now (lack of knowledge about the situation), their behaviour ex post facto as been less than admirable.

------------------
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:31 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
Rules aren't always rules, and hiding behind them, while ignoring ethics, is really shallow. I fear what you'd do in rl if a situation similar to this came up. Some might call it life. I call it having no integrity.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most people can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Are you practicing what you preach?

If rules aren't always rules why must common citizen follow them? If a society does not have rules, then everyone would lives in harmony or chaos.

Who written these rules? Why must we follow them? Maybe it there for a reason. Maybe because if you don't govern the people right, there would be chaos? Maybe because certain people think they're right but the majority doesn't agree with them.

Rules aren't written in stone, but it written in common language and usually with common sense. Maybe that why people follow them?

Blung take no prisoner.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:32 am

Oh and Zrax
There is a difference between restating and commenting on. You should probably learn that be for you get a real life and have to deal with people. Unless of course your gonna be a weaselly used-car salesman.

You did indeed restate Corth's post, then commented on it. I'd guess Jackass would fit.

I'd like to know the ruling about when a key that has to be left outside to CR is taken by another group while the individual is in the process of CR'ing. I have always assumed that would be against the rules.
If it is, the evils had no right to take it.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:33 am

Ask anyone I group with if I am fair or not.

Well ask in a week or two.. I've been mostly absent for a while. Almost without exception I have been fair.

Regardless of rules, some are made, but some should only be followed when common courtesy fails.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:35 am

Blung.
Put the pipe down man. Or atleast give it 10-15 min for the smoke to clear out of your brain before you post your drivel, m'kay?
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:41 am

I wasn't fully aware of the fight.

You have to quest a key to get in.

Lilithelle quested the key. It was her mob plain and simple until she decided to give it up.

I don't think the God who ruled on this was aware of the fact that the other person quested the key.

If in fact the Gods do not change their ruling, you're going to see some horrible ramifications of ANY zone(mob, whats the diff?) involving a key being left outside (cc, crypts, avernus, etc).

Dornax
Jurdex
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:50 am

Zhalatrax is a rare load mob.

Unfortunately, according to a ruling that Miax has decided upon but hasn't made clear to all yet, a group has right to the mob even if it is in the process of being solo'ed by a single person. The group can even be as small as two and unnecessary for the fight... as long as it is a group it has ultimate claim to any rare. Even if Lilithelle was still there and fighting the group could kill it and have right to the sword...

Doesn't sound fair at all, I know! In this case you can only hope that common courtesy prevails.

So that might be the reasoning utilized by whatever admin it was that decided that the evil group got it.

-Kaede
Tesil
Sojourner

Postby Tesil » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:56 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kaede:
<B>Zhalatrax is a rare load mob.

Unfortunately, according to a ruling that Miax has decided upon but hasn't made clear to all yet, a group has right to the mob even if it is in the process of being solo'ed by a single person. The group can even be as small as two and unnecessary for the fight... as long as it is a group it has ultimate claim to any rare. Even if Lilithelle was still there and fighting the group could kill it and have right to the sword...

If this is the case....maybe it's time to find another mud.
omrec
Sojourner

Postby omrec » Fri Jan 25, 2002 1:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blung:
<B> If rules aren't always rules why must common citizen follow them? If a society does not have rules, then everyone would lives in harmony or chaos.

Who written these rules? Why must we follow them? Maybe it there for a reason. Maybe because if you don't govern the people right, there would be chaos? Maybe because certain people think they're right but the majority doesn't agree with them.

Rules aren't written in stone, but it written in common language and usually with common sense. Maybe that why people follow them?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is anyone else as confused by this response as I am? I, like many others in our community, try to practice these wonderful things called ethics, and morals. Common sense, of course, is good too, but isn't always to be expected (especially the common sense to realize when someone is just messing with you. Which, when that person is Yayaril, is always. But I digress). The rule of law vs. the spirit of law is one that is debated endlessly, which it would be good of us to remember. As far as I understand what occured, Lili had an accident, came back to correct her error, and had been taken advantage of. If this is an incorrect assesment of the situation, I apoligize, but that is the feeling I have gotten. Now, rather than the perpetrators explaining their side of the situation, and discussing their own version of what happened, they have merely whined and moaned about how the gods were on their side, and they were abiding by the law, etc. This makes me believe that indeed, they did take advantage of lili, and moreover, they were well aware of what they were doing. They were using the rule of law, rather than the spirit of it, to their own ends. This, to me, is a disgraceful approach to interaction with others, and should be condemned as such. The fact that this was all over an engulfed, as well, I find rather amusing. Perhaps if it was some artifact of great power and wonder, yes, but a sword created by some second rate enchanter with no TRUE knowledge, what a waste!

As lili has already dropped the matter, I believe we would do best to put this all behind us. My only wish is that all involved would realize that whether you hide behind a law, or the anonymity that the internet offers, you are still responsible for your own actions, and should comport yourself with that in mind. Never forget that every other player is here to have fun, and enjoy themselves, and that we can all share a part of this wonderful world that has been given us.

Regards,
Omrec Daekan
-The Guardian-
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Fri Jan 25, 2002 1:27 am

The rule is not in question. If Miax has stated that the ruling made was correct, then so be it. However, just put yourself in Lilithelle's shoes for a minute. Lilithelle is a weller, and it would probably not have taken much effort to snag a tank and some damage and smite the mob the traditional way. But she chose to make it more challenging for herself, which probably made it more fun. We've all died doing dangerous stuff, and this was no exception. Fine, the rule sides with the 4 players who came along. But was that one piece of equipment really worth it to 4 people who have access to almost anything they want on the MUD?

This one act does not define their character, as we've all done things that isn't necessarily on par for our daily good-deed-doing. Lilithelle has gotten over it, we all should too.

Glorishan
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:06 am

Well, if it was me, I would've checked to see if Lil is online. If she was, I would've asked her permission to kill away. If she wasn't, I would feel free to go ahead. That I think is a standard checking procedure that everyone would agree with. However there is slight bit of problem.

1. Some people in that group was dayblind and others may not have di. It's possible that maybe some of them checked and didn't see Lil online. Others could've took their words for it and didn't bother to check further. Of course we don't know what the situation was from the other point of view.

2. We, evils, don't really know how each individual goodie behave just like goodies don't really know how each individual evil behave. It is possible that the evils involved might've thought that Lil was another twinkie?

I'm not supporting either side. The fact that this minor issue was brought up and made such a big fuss was just wrong and both parties should be responsible. Personally, I have been on both sides of the coin, the soloer and the group. If I were the soloer, I would've snapped my fingers and blamed myself on not timing zone pop better; If I were the group, I would've laughed and given the item to her and tell her to be careful next time. If everyone just step back for a moment and look at things more objectively then the world would be a much nicer place. Image

Yssilk
Lalisa
Sojourner

Postby Lalisa » Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kaede:
<B>Zhalatrax is a rare load mob.

Doesn't sound fair at all, I know! In this case you can only hope that common courtesy prevails.

So that might be the reasoning utilized by whatever admin it was that decided that the evil group got it.

-Kaede</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ewww, is this really true? People doing solo stuff will always loose to groups.
Glad I'm not big enough to zone yet, not sure it's worth it with all the fuss Image

Glad Lilithelle was the bigger person here, kudos to her.

/Lalisa - personal fan of Lili

[This message has been edited by Lalisa (edited 01-27-2002).]
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Salen:
<B>Oh and Zrax
There is a difference between restating and commenting on. You should probably learn that be for you get a real life and have to deal with people. Unless of course your gonna be a weaselly used-car salesman.

You did indeed restate Corth's post, then commented on it. I'd guess Jackass would fit.

I'd like to know the ruling about when a key that has to be left outside to CR is taken by another group while the individual is in the process of CR'ing. I have always assumed that would be against the rules.
If it is, the evils had no right to take it.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said i agreed with him and restated his original point. Which is what i did, what was the comment i made?

Oh and im a software engineer so thankfully I dont have to deal with people, personaly i would go insane if I had to deal with illiterate, inarticulate people like yourself on a daily basis.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:23 am

dang i stop reading the bbs for 1 afternoon and all hell breaks loose. i will comment tomorrow after i read it. not going to waste my free time, when i can waste good work time tomorrow. so u guys must wait for sokperation. til then keep up the fight. oh remember the longer the post the shorter the work day.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”