An Open Letter to the Evilraces of Sojourn

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Ssissu
Sojourner

An Open Letter to the Evilraces of Sojourn

Postby Ssissu » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:01 pm

If you're an evil, you, like me, probably haven't been in a zoning group for almost a month now. There are 3 reasons for that as far as I can tell. The first is a lack of players period. I dont think I've seen more than 6 40+ players on since that last zone. The second is a lack of needed classes. I've seen around 5 mid/high level rogues, but only 1 or 2 clerics and shamans. And the final is a lack of leadership. There's been very few people around who wish to lead, even though they're competent leaders.

I believe the only way I, as a player, can help bring people to play is to involve them in zoning. So I would like to propose a zoning day to start, and hopefully it will spread. Saturdays at 2 pm Eastern I will lead any zone that people bring up. I can't guarantee good loot and no deaths, but I'll guarantee that we'll at least ATTEMPT something.

And let us hope that whatever changes to the game are being planned by the Areas and Coding staff will come soon, before there IS no evilrace pbase.

Thank you for your time.
muma
Sojourner

i don't know if someone's already told you. hrm.

Postby muma » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:44 pm

they left for uber twink mud, Ssissu. that's where all the evils have gone, ooooooh.
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:54 pm

Hopefully people will come back now that we're on a backbone again. The lag was keeping a lot of people away. Summer vacation time is here now so it may be a bit before everyone is back.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Re: An Open Letter to the Evilraces of Sojourn

Postby Eilorn » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:19 pm

Ssissu wrote:If you're an evil, you, like me, probably haven't been in a zoning group for almost a month now. There are 3 reasons for that as far as I can tell. The first is a lack of players period. I dont think I've seen more than 6 40+ players on since that last zone. The second is a lack of needed classes.

If you're just going to pay attention to 40+, the situation might stay that way. I do 'who's all the time just to see what the current player composition is, and, while there may be only a handful of 40+ evils on, there are often the same number under 40, and, generally, they're ungrouped. If you want more 40+ players, one way is to encourage people to use their alts to group with younger players and bring them up. I'm a casual player (work too much to have time to do >3hr mud sessions), but, I've got evil warrior/dire/shamans in the 20's and have only grouped several times(Thanks Mubox!) with evils. I've been asked several other times, but, mostly when I had made a long trip to find something, or was about to log off. And I'm not about to ask someone 30+ to group with me, knowing(suspecting) how evils think about some small fry asking for help. I'm currently working on a battlechanter, and, when he gets in his 20's I'll put him away with the others. I suspect there are other casual players around in the same situation, but, probably most of the smaller evils are not (not casuals).

Eilorn
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Ellana
Sojourner

Postby Ellana » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:43 pm

Ssissu led a great trip around UD and UM2 today. I had fun and it was great spending an hour or so running around with a group. Hopefully as more evils log on, we can do more stuff. *HugsloveHugsmush* Ssissilly.
As for knowing/suspecting how evils feel, I can only suggest you try. You'd be amazed at how helpful many mid-high levels can be, not accounting for the occasional grumpheads.

Ellana
*Cough* You feel the urge to make an evil invoker/shaman/cleric...
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: i don't know if someone's already told you. hrm.

Postby Dalar » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:21 am

muma wrote:they left for uber twink mud, Ssissu. that's where all the evils have gone, ooooooh.

blonde
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:12 pm

muma went blonde? :P
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:54 pm

thats just assinine Muma .. assinine ..

on *that other mud*, we arent allowed to dog any other mud .. why not try showing some adult tendencies and do the same .. no mud is the best, and i love both muds ..

yes a lot of us have left sojourn for a while .. but most of us will be back here and there .. i personally could never totally leave .. there are too many people i love here (no not you ryry:P *kidding*)

there are features of both muds that i like .. just really into getting levels on the other one atm .. plus the fact i can group with my human :)

anyway .. dont like it?? dont log on .. but dont diss me or any of my friends for it or feel the wrath of ME

-peace .. out ..
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:44 am

No it's not assinine. It's hypocritical since she was there probably as much as you for a while. :P

It's a pretty nice place run by some very nice people. :) Why am I not there with almost all the other evils?

Simple. I really DO NOT like doing exp. If I exp you, it's a BIG FREAKING DEAL!! OK???? I don't designate much time to mudding now as is, and when I do, that's the last thing I'm gonna want to spend it doing. I mean, If i'm gonna spend a week getting you 3 levels, and you can't take the time to get me 3 notches in a month cuz you keep making up llama excuses and dodging me... Wheres the desire for me to log on at all?

And since the other mud has decided to also adopt the Soj strictness of the OOC channel, what's the point going there chat?

As sparce as it has been, most the evils who are on Soj3 now have been a lot nicer. I like that. :) I got a lick from Ellana the other night. That hasn't happened in like 5 months! :) (hehe maybe in another 5 she'll start talking to me again! Hey I can hope! ;)

If someone sets something up, I'll try and be there to help out. I don't mind helping when I'm here. :)

Hugs!

-LL
Salen Rescuepractice
Sojourner

Postby Salen Rescuepractice » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:16 am

on *that other mud*, we arent allowed to dog any other mud ..

What they cage you if you say Arctic sucks? (It died years ago, right?)

Can you say you don't like blue, or is that a criminal offense too?

F that.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:27 am

Salen Rescuepractice wrote:on *that other mud*, we arent allowed to dog any other mud ..

What they cage you if you say Arctic sucks? (It died years ago, right?)

Can you say you don't like blue, or is that a criminal offense too?

F that.

Oh man, I think that place went down in like 93.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand . . . I would squidify, if I had the time to be on.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:51 pm

ok , kids my point is ... shut the hell up about stuff you dont know about ... the more you speak the less intelligent you appear

let it friggin die already

most of us enjoy both muds ... the fact that you dont.. doesnt make us bad people

nuff said ..
Last edited by Karikhan on Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:00 am

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, evil used to be a 90% solo thing... maybe the mud is heading back that way.

Perhaps, maybe, when I start playing full time, I will play an evil, because theres half a mud there that I dont know and am not burned out on.
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Halem
Sojourner

Postby Halem » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:35 am

you know wut guys.....it's just a GAME!

you want to know y i left? i left cause of stupid arguments like this, that for some reason, never seem to get resolved, and continue to snowball into this huge flame fest.

i love the players i have gotten to know over the years, i have no complaints, NONE....sure we've gotten into arguments, and had lil disagreements, but we all realize that it's a game, and to get so upset that you have to degrade other players, or assume you know y they left this mud for that, IS assinine!

anyhow, to the players who i have gotten to know, and they me, and to the players i have developed a strong bond with (you know who you are)
you know where to find me, and if you don't, ask around, there are people who can help.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma OOC: 'i've had to pee for like a million years''
Ssela OOC: 'wow'
Ssela OOC: 'i gotta pee again heh'
Shevarash OOC: 'don't fall in'
Yarash
Sojourner

Re: An Open Letter to the Evilraces of Sojourn

Postby Yarash » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:38 am

Ssissu wrote:I would like to propose a zoning day to start, and hopefully it will spread. Saturdays at 2 pm Eastern I will lead any zone that people bring up.

Well I think it's a great idea. I will try to attend the trips, though I'm just another invoker among many.

- Mike

Subliminal message: evilrace cleric alt
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:45 am

Diz, even though you can get pretty snippity sometimes, you're still my boy. If ever i'm in town during that time i'll be there, mass suiciding all the way baby!

Gyrx
Donuktanam
Sojourner

Postby Donuktanam » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:13 pm

hmms time to set up aliases again and dust off the cleric,:)

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”