What your favorite scary movie?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Serogg
Sojourner

What your favorite scary movie?

Postby Serogg » Tue Jan 29, 2002 8:29 pm

Bride of Chucky >=D
Or the classic forest hump
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:45 pm

in the mouth of madness
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:59 pm

Shusaku Image
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Tue Jan 29, 2002 10:03 pm

Scary movie, what else?

I'd have to say Silence of the Lambs.
Dhurn
Sojourner

Postby Dhurn » Tue Jan 29, 2002 10:13 pm

Ishtar....I mean really.....how freaky was that movie....

My Little Pony was also a real chiller.

- Dhurn
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Jan 29, 2002 10:40 pm

Graveyard shift owns. Everyone dies, sick humour, no hollywood romance crap, blood, gore and a menacing and cruel atmosphere. It's me in a movie.
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Tue Jan 29, 2002 10:57 pm

Batman Returns!
and any movie that has Pauly Shore in it...
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:12 pm

Seven for pure evil, Event Horizon for scariness.

-Todrael
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:39 pm

showgirls

sorry i had to

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jan 30, 2002 12:06 am

I hear some Japanese movies called Ring and Ring2 are really scary.
Teva
Sojourner

Postby Teva » Wed Jan 30, 2002 2:46 am

[This message has been edited by Teva (edited 01-29-2002).]
Teva
Sojourner

Postby Teva » Wed Jan 30, 2002 2:46 am

The Exorcist, of course. Though I view it as more of a comedy.

------------------
I fling poo.
Bopple
Sojourner

Postby Bopple » Wed Jan 30, 2002 5:09 am

Tesis (Thesis) by Alejandro Amenabar

One of the best scary movie out there. You simply gotta watch this.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Wed Jan 30, 2002 8:15 am

my fav. movie that is really scary is stephen king's "It" actually i don't like scary movies cos they're scary, but this one scares me the most. i think i will forever be afraid of clowns now or something. and another scary movie is "Event Horizon" omg that flick is so freaky!
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by muma:
my fav. movie that is really scary is stephen king's "It" actually i don't like scary movies cos they're scary, but this one scares me the most. i think i will forever be afraid of clowns now or something. and another scary movie is "Event Horizon" omg that flick is so freaky!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe, my semi-sorta g/f is deathly afraid of clowns because of that movie Image
I love Event Horizon! That movie rocked
Hrmmm... But the scariest movie I've ever seen?
Wow, this is tough, I've been watching scary movies since I was like, 4.
I'd have to say the news... It's the scariest show I've ever seen... Especially when they're showing things like the stock market or Britney Spears' new Super Bowl commercial...
While I am half-joking, I'm fully serious about the news being the scariest thing I've ever watched...
And if anyone says Blair Witch, I'm gonna smack them Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Agela
Sojourner

Postby Agela » Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:45 pm

You have to go with the originals

Psycho
Children of the Corn
Friday the 13th (part 1)
Halloween (part 1)
Rosemary's Baby
The Exorcist
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:48 pm

Big Mama's House. I haven't actually seen this film, but I shudder every time I hear its name.

Yayaril
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:45 pm

Hi5 Taegost!

I don't watch the news, its all bad, and isn't anything I can do anything to fix.

Pauly Shore is something we all wish we could disinvent, like the gas in The Rock.

As for an actual film, I like the classics, Hitchcock movies are classic. The Shining is excellent, Manhunter (prequel to Silence of the Lambs) ya gotta love a movie that manages to have the full version of Ina Gada da Vida in it, Hannibal (though it gave me the creeps for a bit) which I thought was the purpose of scary movies. Dual (John Carpenter's first movie) Dennis Weaver in a Dodge Dart with an unknown (and never seen) guy in a semi trying to kill him (more suspense than horror), Hellraiser and Hellbound (good creepy horror).

For really bad ones, most of the ones that came out when I was a kid, The Car, The Herse, All of the Friday the 13th after the first one, any sequal series other than Hellbound. Most Stephen King Movies... Maximum Overdrive anyone?

Toplack (I managed a video store for 4 years in college) Frostbear
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gort:
<B>Hi5 Taegost!

I don't watch the news, its all bad, and isn't anything I can do anything to fix.

Pauly Shore is something we all wish we could disinvent, like the gas in The Rock.

As for an actual film, I like the classics, Hitchcock movies are classic. The Shining is excellent, Manhunter (prequel to Silence of the Lambs) ya gotta love a movie that manages to have the full version of Ina Gada da Vida in it, Hannibal (though it gave me the creeps for a bit) which I thought was the purpose of scary movies. Dual (John Carpenter's first movie) Dennis Weaver in a Dodge Dart with an unknown (and never seen) guy in a semi trying to kill him (more suspense than horror), Hellraiser and Hellbound (good creepy horror).

For really bad ones, most of the ones that came out when I was a kid, The Car, The Herse, All of the Friday the 13th after the first one, any sequal series other than Hellbound. Most Stephen King Movies... Maximum Overdrive anyone?

Toplack (I managed a video store for 4 years in college) Frostbear

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like Pauly Shore, strangely enough... Hehehe, and actually, his movie "In The Army Now" reminded me that I had always wanted to join the Navy when I was younger, at a time that I was really considering what I was going to do with the rest of my life Image
I like the Friday the 13ths, too... Altho, I think 8 was funny as hell... Especially with the scene where Jason and that boxer dude are up on the roof Image
I haven't seen the last one, with Krueger in it...
Altho, even tho it's not a movie, but a freaky show is that ... Oh damn... I can't remember the name of it now... It's on Sci-Fi, it's a remake of an old series, similar to the Twilight Zone... Oh! Outer Limits... That's a kewl ass show!
But...
Now that I remember...
You know what the scariest movie I ever saw was?
Heavy Metal.
I saw it when I was 8, and it scared the living hell out of me!
I still love it tho... 2k wasn't as good, but it had a better soundtrack Image

------------------
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:00 am

Anyone ever see the old Disney Live Action Movie .. Watcher in the Woods, or something to that affect, i seem to remember being terrified by it.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Jan 31, 2002 4:36 am

Hellraiser baby!

-- Shevy

P.S. Help me I am in hell.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 31, 2002 4:51 am

Hellraiser 2
That doctor's laugh after he was altered is what does it for me, it gives me the worst kind of chills.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
Anyone ever see the old Disney Live Action Movie .. Watcher in the Woods, or something to that affect, i seem to remember being terrified by it.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't that a trilogy written by some obscure author? I think I remember seeing that at a haunted house in Michigan last Hallow's Eve, where the author was signing the books and the movies...
<shrug>
Either that, or I smoke too much crack!

------------------
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:35 am

Its the crack Taegost :P

The Friday the 13th movies always struck me as more comedies than horror or "scary". Though most "horror" movies do... I guess I'm just jaded.

Toplack
Leaza
Sojourner

Postby Leaza » Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:43 am

Personal Home movies...

reflecting, seeing how dorky you look,
scares the hell outta me!
Magruk Eat Elf
Sojourner

Postby Magruk Eat Elf » Fri Feb 01, 2002 4:01 am

F13? And I'm suprised no ones mentioned, Leather Face or Nightmare on Elm St.

Seriously how stupid are these, someone is chasing me with a chainsaw, instead of running away like hell, getting a gun calling the cops. etc. etc. I'm gonna go hide in a room with only 1 exit. Scary? I think more comedy. But to some, i'm not one to judge.

My scariest movie was trolls, saw it when i was like 6, had nightmares for weeks, that and the night the sky fell, not quite sure if that's the name but like a '50's B&W flm, but i guess some horrors can terrify the crap outta 6 year olds.. Image
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:21 am

some of the scariest movies i saw are that has not been mention:

jfk. gave me nightmares for a weeks
truman show. just a couple of days

quivering sok
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:13 am

Jacob's Ladder.

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
Lud
Sojourner

Postby Lud » Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:45 am

Friday the 13th 2 was scary for me. I had just finished watching it when I went to visit my father at his new farm. It's about 200 acres of thick woods in the middle of nowhere. Anyway was exploring the land on a 3wheeler and came across an abandoned shack built out of garbage sacks and rotten limbs. Seemed mighty similar to the shack in which Jason kept his mothers head in the refrigerator. Anyway, as I was speeding away as fast as possible I kept hearing the freaky Jason sonds in my head. Kill-Kill-Kill-Ah-Ah-Ah...
Spooky.
-Lud
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:40 am

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Taernil
Sojourner

Postby Taernil » Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:47 am

Come on...no one here is a Nightmare on Elm Street fan? i thought all of them were tight except part 2 and 6 (or whatever the last part was, i think it was 6) Image

------------------
The Forgotten One
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>Big Mama's House. I haven't actually seen this film, but I shudder every time I hear its name.

Yayaril</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

=================

LOL agreed Yaya!
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:15 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>Hellraiser baby!

-- Shevy

P.S. Help me I am in hell.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

=======

hehe, is that why we hafta suffer in Soj?!
P.S. jk!
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Fri Feb 01, 2002 7:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Magruk Eat Elf:
<B>F13? And I'm suprised no ones mentioned, Leather Face or Nightmare on Elm St.

Seriously how stupid are these, someone is chasing me with a chainsaw, instead of running away like hell, getting a gun calling the cops. etc. etc. I'm gonna go hide in a room with only 1 exit. Scary? I think more comedy. But to some, i'm not one to judge.

My scariest movie was trolls, saw it when i was like 6, had nightmares for weeks, that and the night the sky fell, not quite sure if that's the name but like a '50's B&W flm, but i guess some horrors can terrify the crap outta 6 year olds.. Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was a true story that they used a bit of literary freedom or whatever the hell that thing is called...
That's why I find it kinda scary <sniver>

------------------
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:32 pm

Bah,

Most horror movies are examples of evolution in action. If the people aren't smart enough to get away, they shouldn't be breeding.

Toplack (Darwin was right) Frostbite
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gort:
<B>Bah,

Most horror movies are examples of evolution in action. If the people aren't smart enough to get away, they shouldn't be breeding.

Toplack (Darwin was right) Frostbite</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My physics teacher always says that, too Image
He also taught me about the Darwin Awards...

------------------
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sat Feb 02, 2002 10:47 am

Pet Cemetery!!!!

the novel "It" was awesome!!! havent seen the movie

in general king OWNS!!!!

another good one .. The Shining .. watching it as a kid .. and gave me nightmares! (that blood scene where all the blood rolls down the hotel corridor...
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:15 am

Event Horizon was a freaky movie...I have to agree...one of my favorites. Image

There was this one movie I saw when I was like 5 or so...had this HUGE octopus thing that liked to hide under cars/steps etc, grab people and eat em. I remember not being able to be in a dark room for more than 10 seconds for a good year at least. Scared the living bejesus out of me!

The NoES and F13 movies were all kinda dorky imho. :P I have to agree with Shevy on Hellraiser. The Halloween series (when will it ever end!) is ok I guess.

Some of the King movie adaptations were well-done....some were "wtf?" types.

Other than that I never really watched many scary movies growing up.
gakaz2
Sojourner

Postby gakaz2 » Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:21 am

in a strange way What Lies Beneath freaked me out a little...
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:22 am

Okay, if we're talking about movies that scared the bejezus out of us in childhood, there was one that kept me playing target practice with my bed from the light switch for years. I don't know the name of it, but it was about a cursed tiki doll with a golden chain around its waist that kept it in inanimate. The chain fell of its waist and it came to life and terrorized a woman in her home with a butcher knife.

There was another one about a couple who moved into a new home that just happened to be haunted by the creepy little remains of three sisters who had lived in the house before, but had been burned in their own furnace by the rest of the neighborhood for practicing evil witchcraft.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:23 pm

and noone has mentioned

bleh whats the name of it .. where he has a one night stand... breaks up with her... she boils his kid's rabbit in a huge pot ..
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:27 pm

Karikhan, you're speaking of Fatal Attraction... I had a gf in high school who just loved that movie... needless to say that relationship didn't last...

Toplack
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:38 pm

<B>Dual (John Carpenter's first movie)
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you mean the one about the guy in the little red car and the big crusty 18-wheeler, that would be The Duel, and the director was Steven Speilberg, not Carpenter. This was indeed the directors first movie, and he then went on to do Jaws as his next movie, which he viewed as 'Duel' in water.

My Scary Movie Scale: (Just in terms of scaryness, this scale has nothing to do with movie quality other then being able to scare me.)
* = I laughed instead of being scared.
** = I laughed and jumped, but it sucked when I got it home.
*** = Scared me in the theatre, but wasn't so grabby when I got it home.
**** = Scared the crap outa me in the theatre, and even when I watched it at home.
***** = Gave me nightmares.

Heavy Metal 1, the scene with the WW2 Flying Fortress piolets gave me nightmares when I was 8 or 10 yrs old when I saw it. Talk about creepy!
Rating as a child: *****
Rating as an Adult: ** (good classic/timless american anime)

Event Horizon, was just Pinhead in space. It was kinda freaky tho, mainly the ships log recorder showing scenes of the chaos world. Ewwwww!!
Scary Rating: ***

Hellraise 1 was pretty original and scary, before the sequels glamorized pinhead like Freddy and Jason Vorhees.
Rating: ****

Movie that scared the crap outa me for years when I saw it in the theatre, Alien 1.
Rating: *****
Very GOOD at suspense, and I HIGHLY recommend getting the DVD with the deleted scenes!! We MISSED A BIG SCENE that was CUT OUT!! (Aparently John Carpenter saw all these scenes, and incorporated some of their ideas into the sequel.)

Aliens (Alien 2) still gets my blood pumping when they motion trackers start going off! (IF you liked these movies too, I HIGHLY recommend playing Aliens Vs Predator 2 with a geforce 3 card!)
Timeless. I love this movie and can watch it again and again, and still gets my nerves going.

Although it hat a corny premise and story, The Relic had me jumping out of my seat, when it was in the theatres mind you. I think the fact that I was with two jumpy girls helped speed up the blood.
Rating: ***
Good on a big screen, where the monster's size is wut makes is scary, but like Jurassic Park, you get the little dino at home, it's not so scary.

Taernil, I have Elmstreet 1 and 3 on Dvd.
Taernil says, 'I am the WIZARD MASTER!! In the name of Leoric, Prince of Elves, DEMON BE GONE!!"
Freddy says, 'Sorry Taernil, I don't believe in FAIRY TALES!'

But it's not scary, it's just funny Freddy.

All time scariest movie for me?

JAWS!!

I was scared to go in swimming pools alone as a kid.
Scared the crap outa me as a child for years. Talk about water fobia.
Someone just bought it for me on DVD, and that opening scene where the girl gets munch still freaked me out.
Get the Dvd with the special features, there was a LOT that went into that movie. I believe it was also the highest grossing horror movie of all time for a while there. I'm not sure which one has topped it, if one even has.

Den den den den den den den den DENNA NAAAA

*CHOMP* *CHOMP*

Oh GOD IT HURTS!! IT HURTS!! PLEASE GOD!!!

*CHOMP* *CHOMP*

-Caedym *whimper*
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:11 am

Hehehe, how about the PuppetMaster series?
I LOVE those movies.
Either that or... What the hell was the name of it... Slugs?
The one with giant space slugs that like, crawl into peoples mouths and eat them from the inside...
I think that final scene was awesome when the guy was dousing them with gas and he had the duct-tape over his mouth, and for some reason, right before he drops the match, he takes the duct tape off... Image

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”