HB - TTF

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

bring back Ooshes home?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:54 am

Yup!
18
78%
No, but Oosh is right...
5
22%
 
Total votes: 23
Oosh
Sojourner
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA

HB - TTF

Postby Oosh » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:54 am

Oosh must say, dat dis is one of de worst tings Oosh see, in long, long, long time<.>

Not just because Oosh spent lots and lots of time in dere, loved it, called Hulburg Home, but enjoyed going to de temple of twisted flesh as well.
Now, Ooshy unnerstand dat dere were "reasons", shoot, pretty sure we all heard of dem, eider from de ant hill, or first hand. But its just sad, no it wrong, to see 2 of de bestest zones in de whole world go bye bye..
It was one ting to kick us all in de teeth wit de removal of monks, mercs and zerks, toss in de whole splitting of sorcs to compensate... *moan*

Ohh, Ooshy jus sad now...

Angry Oosh...
"You no like de Oosh when he angry!"
Sarell
Sojourner
Posts: 1681
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:01 am
Location: brisbane, australia

Postby Sarell » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:29 am

Hi5 to removal! Long live the ANSI police!

However would be nice to have a heads up for all the people spent a long time who are in middle of quests.
Ragorn
Sojourner
Posts: 4732
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Ragorn » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:15 am

Read this thread while ya can, folks :)
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Oosh
Sojourner
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA

Denied!

Postby Oosh » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:16 pm

Sarell wrote:Hi5 to removal! Long live the ANSI police!

However would be nice to have a heads up for all the people spent a long time who are in middle of quests.


NO way!, Ooshy loved de colours dere... very vivid, entertaining, Oosh loved de attention to detail, de vastness of it all. Yeah, so what deres an odd sense of a throbbing fetish, and de occasional obscene pastel or otherwise funky colour here and dere...

*shrug* sometimes you get a couple pits, when eating a whole bowl of cherries. :twisted:

mmmm Oosh
apprentice
Sojourner
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:01 am

Postby apprentice » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:10 pm

Great, you remove the two most detailed zones in the game. Both had more atmosphere in them than almost all other zones combined. And I was just working on all those quests, thanks...

He-who-loves-good-storylines
Jegzed
Sojourner
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Jegzed » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:13 pm

Hmm... Why wasn't Minotaur Outpost removed? Same author etc...
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:14 pm

08/17/03 Hulburg/TTF
- These zones have been removed, though the eq that loads from them will NOT disappear. These zones have been removed because we no longer wish to host the work of their maker, for many reasons. This is sad, but unavoidable.

Your Wish Does not make it unavoidable. Just because you disagree with or do not like someone or what they say, baning them is one thing, and forgivable by the masses.

Banning their zone *which by the way now belongs to soj, and the mudders of* is stupid. Especialy when these zones rock, and people love them.....

It seems to me that alot of the things that where "never" going to happen are starting to... and the things that shouldnt happen are as well....

implementing a auction channel.. was taboo a while back when suggested. Banning someone was supposed to be "RARE' for those supreme rule breakers. and banning a zone, feh.

While we are banning zones, lets ban zones that the eq/fun vs risk isnt worth it. Lets get ride of all the gay anoying things, justice, no-outcast, pieces of equipment that are needed in 50000000 different quests. one quest in one city needing an item that is the RESULT of another quest in a totaly different part of the world. *yes on base spells/skills* n00b freendly this incarnation? if you say so. Immortals playing an "impartial role" sure..

what is the true tradgedy here? there are 2. one that immortals cant talk like adults and work out their differences and find a middle ground for whats good for the common player *NOT THE IMMORTALS* (need we remind them that the reason the became immortals was to keep this world running for the enjoyment of the players). and two that these two great zones where taken out of the world just because "I dont like you" attitude so i am going to hurt you by pulling your zone that you worked on and GAVE to us. I dont care if everyone thinks its a hard/fun zone or not, you did it its gone.

Disclaimer. Facts are wrong? post the correct ones. Player opinions are wrong? laugh, not by my PM's, These facts/opinions are a compisition of pm,s w/players and myself that i figured scince i am not as active as i once was, i figured if anyone gets banned over it, might as well be me, *and probably will*

Pink-0-Slut of the World
Zoldren/Uagr/Diam/Ssosset/others

PS. Below is disclaimer an area writer must agree to inorder to submit a zone btw. Unavoidable removale? come on lets be honest. We are adults I think we can handle it. Dont try to hide the truth from us, it only makes matters worse. "Honesty is the best police", Especialy when your trying to do whats "right" and best for the "community" which we all know soj3 is. :!:


8. Sojourn will only accept original zones that cannot be found on any
other mud. You and the forgers of Sojourn are bound by the following two
statements. If you don't agree, then please email me before you start.

* I understand and agree to the following two statements:
*
* "All people who donate and/or make an area for Sojourn and
* receive MAKER status for its incorporation into the mud are
* bound by the following: you CANNOT at a later date demand
* that the zone be removed from the mud for ANY reason! Once a
* zone is given to and becomes a part of Sojourn, it is
* permanently the property of Sojourn. For example, if at a
* later date a MAKER is caught cheating and is demoted for it,
* the maker CANNOT in turn demand that Sojourn remove the zone
* in question."
*
* "If you donate and/or make an area for Sojourn, and that area
* is used in the mud, only YOU, the area maker, have the right
* to govern what happens to that zone as far as distribution is
* concerned. In other words, we, the Forgers of Sojourn, hereby
* guarantee that your area will NOT be given to ANYONE for any
* reason. It will remain under tight lock and key at all times
* so that your hard work is not stolen and distributed all over
* the Internet. To that end, we accept responsibility for the
* security of any zone donated to us."

These policies protect both the mud owners and the area makers
regarding the legality of using someone else's work, and clarify for
all our determination to make a 100% realistic world that can be found
no where else on the (virtual) globe. Furthermore, you will be asked to
add a line to your zone file once the zone is ready to be moved to the
mainmud saying, in effect, that the file is copyright of Sojourn. You
will also be asked to sign a NonDisclosure Agreement which we all
sign, and is pretty standard for most muds. *Note that you cannot sign
this if you are not 18, and therefore, you must be at least 18 years old
to write an area for Sojourn!*

9. **WARNINGS/NOTICES TO NEW AREA MAKERS**
-Please try to keep your first zone small. Turning in a 500 room
behemoth for your first zone will be very difficult to go through.
Trust me, there will be many errors to go over and correct.
-Do not make your zone with the assumption that new spells or code
will be written for you. It ain't gonna happen for your first zone.
Please stick with the lengthy and verbose guidelines given in here.
-Attention to detail is the most important part of areamaking. Please
pay specific attention to the SHP and QST files which are universally
messed up the first few submissions.
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!
Oosh
Sojourner
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA

...

Postby Oosh » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:20 pm

*sniff*wipes tear away*

Pink, leave it to you to make de Oosh feel soft inside.

Amen brutha, amen....

Oosh ooshes softly...
chandigar
Sojourner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Naperville, IL

Postby chandigar » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:21 pm

Ummmm AFAIK, one of the reasons that it was removed was that he put both is zones on his website for anyone to download and they're both now live on That Other Mud.

Which seems to break both the nondisclosure agreement and copyright.
Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:25 pm

thanks chand, facts rock, keepem coming,.... since now its soj's property ask the other mud kindly to remove it...
Jegzed
Sojourner
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Jegzed » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:27 pm

Actually.. when you submit a zone to sojourn you do not give up any copyright, or sign any NDA's at all.

I've made a zone for Sojourn called Drider Caverns.. Its still my copyright and I could do whatever I wanted with it.. HOWEVER, when submitting it to sojourn, you agree that THEY can do whatever they want with it, and you can NEVER demand its removal.
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:34 pm

more facts and honesty keep it coming.

but question
Once a
* zone is given to and becomes a part of Sojourn, it is
* permanently the property of Sojourn
****meaning belong to dem

To that end, we accept responsibility for the
* security of any zone donated to us."
**** meaning given to dem

yes/no?
chandigar
Sojourner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Naperville, IL

Postby chandigar » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:46 pm

It sounds like basically they're saying that they only accept original zones (so that the mud remains original) and that they won't putz around with your zone without your permission or give it away. In return, however, you have to promise to neither reveal information about the zone publicly nor give it away to another mud for the same reason.
Oosh
Sojourner
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA

Postby Oosh » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:47 pm

Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:48 pm

well, the zone was original to sojourn and always will be, but by pulling it off the shelf, so to speak. they have said that this other mud is where it was the orignal and soj has the "copy" but instaed soj should leave it up and be proud it CAME from here, and they have the "ORIGINAL" and the other mud has a copy.....
Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:55 pm

besides if that is the reason.. then we should remove our Etheral plane, astral plane, and countless other zones because there are muds out there with the same .......
chandigar
Sojourner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Naperville, IL

Postby chandigar » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:59 pm

Yea... but probably not EXACTLY the same... those planes are generic so you can't really copyright it. Hulburg and TTF are unique.

Besides... you can go and download the quest file for hulburg now and have every quest at your fingertips.

I dunno... I missed it at first because I never really got to explore those zones (other than a few OUCH OUCH OUCH experiences early on) but I think the mud did what it had to do since it couldn't force the other mud to remove them and Cherza shot himself in the foot by giving his information away.
Last edited by chandigar on Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:01 pm

pride is one of the 7 deadly sins ..00..
Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:05 pm

and u stilll actualy have to do them...

if it was just about quests then all of the quests in the game need to be removed because at one time or another someone has told someone about one part. or the whole quest of just about every quest in the game...
and yes the are a few web pages out there with eq/stats and quests. not just the one someone said hulburg stuff was on....
Jegzed
Sojourner
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Jegzed » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:08 pm

I think its more due to the fact that Cherzra made the zones that they are removed.

http://www.sojourn3.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11172
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Oosh
Sojourner
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA

Postby Oosh » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:08 pm

yups, doing de quests, and knowing de quests are two different tings.
let alone, granted Cherzra do bad stuffs and post his quests, not every has still read/seen dem...



Oosh "King of Sorrow"
...Bearer of All pain...

Oh yes, you know it.
Oosh
Sojourner
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA

Postby Oosh » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:09 pm

Jegzed wrote:I think its more due to the fact that Cherzra made the zones that they are removed.

http://www.sojourn3.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11172


Aye, and dats wut makes de Oosh sad...


Pride Blowz

:cry:
chandigar
Sojourner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Naperville, IL

Postby chandigar » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:09 pm

True... good points... either way, don't see it gettin changed ;) Dunno if it should really.
chandigar
Sojourner
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Naperville, IL

Postby chandigar » Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:10 pm

Woo... lookit me increase my post count! :D
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:21 pm

u know who cares if cherzra posted his quests. people know eyeball earring, pitworm necklace, rune enameled bracer etc. i've yet to see any goodie other than myself and this one rogue have these items. i know evils have some because I worked with them on it. my point is that having the info doesn't mean people will do the quest.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:47 pm

nor does it make it any easier to do them.... and as ambiguous and vague as some of the quests are... it evens out in the long run......
Salen
Sojourner
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Salen » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:53 pm

So, uhmmm does that mean there are more items in the game now only a few people can ever have? Joy
Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:58 pm

yup, and if you have one, i suggest putting it on a char you never use, because it will be deleted if found in game in the near futue.... *fortune teller r me*
omrec
Sojourner
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Santa Monica, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby omrec » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:23 pm

08/17/03 Hulburg/TTF
- These zones have been removed, though the eq that loads from them will NOT disappear. These zones have been removed because we no longer wish to host the work of their maker, for many reasons. This is sad, but unavoidable.


yup, and if you have one, i suggest putting it on a char you never use, because it will be deleted if found in game in the near futue.... *fortune teller r me*


what part of "NOT" did you fail to understand?
Zoldren
Sojourner
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:01 am
Location: mt. vernon, il
Contact:

Postby Zoldren » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:41 pm

what part of future dont you understand?

does anyone want to list for him things that where not going to change that have?.....
equipment..
quests...
chat channels..
etc etc
Sylvos
Sojourner
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Guelph, ON, Canada
Contact:

Postby Sylvos » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:59 pm

Next thing you know, there'll be a pwipe...

As for TTF-Hulburg, shrug. The zones were blatantly compromised, I've been in groups where members were quoting the rareload % rates of the mobs. Sure, not everybody saw the cheat sheet but those that did have an enormous advantage over the others. Good enough reason to yank em for me; better for the mud imho.
Yayaril
Sojourner
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Postby Yayaril » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:08 pm

8)

Now to just remove the ugly equipment from the game. My eyes actually vomit every time I see a pair of arcane shoes.
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Postby Shevarash » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:10 am

These zones were removed for three reasons:

1) They are on another MUD.

2) The COMPLETE area files for these zones are posted on a commonly known webpage, and all quests are completely compromised.

3) Cherzra went too far, and I don't want his crap on our MUD, period. Go look at his webpage if you need to understand why, but I won't post the URL here.


And that's all I got to say about that.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:17 am

Shevarash wrote:These zones were removed for three reasons:

1) They are on another MUD.

2) The COMPLETE area files for these zones are posted on a commonly known webpage, and all quests are completely compromised.

3) Cherzra went too far, and I don't want his crap on our MUD, period. Go look at his webpage if you need to understand why, but I won't post the URL here.


And that's all I got to say about that.


1) for what it's worth, hulburg isn't on homelands.
2) other complete area files and quest files are too. are we going to remove them too?
3) guns aren't toys.

the least u could of done was given players a week notice to finish their quests b4 pulling it out completely.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Jorus
Sojourner
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Postby Jorus » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:35 am

Maybe we could ask Shar, our mistress of quest fixing-and-rewriting to tackle a revamp of Hulburg/TTF. Changing quest paths and rareload %'s as well as anything pertinent disclosed by the zone files that wouldn't otherwise be apparent could be a partial fix.

I do sympathize with the motivation for removing the zones, but it does seem alot like letting Cherzra "win" to in any way harm the "Sojourn Experience" by way of response to him.

IMO, the more zones and variety we have here, the better. Also, the fewer only-gettable-for-a-limited-time-then-never-ever-again items we have, the better (Maybe to that end, the items could be reintroduced into new zones if the makers need items to throw in).

Regards,
Jorus
Corth
Sojourner
Posts: 6002
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am
Location: NY, USA

Postby Corth » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:41 am

Trust me jorus, Cherzra isn't 'winning'. Whatever legacy that cockaroach might have left on the mud has just been erased. Good job Shev. Remove the items though or be intellectually honest and admit that there are artifacts in the game...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Todrael
Sojourner
Posts: 1454
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2001 6:01 am
Location: MI, USA
Contact:

Postby Todrael » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:51 am

A question to the gods reading this thread: I was wondering if you were going to remove the newbie help guide posted in the main www.sojourn3.org information section, since that was written by Cherzra as well?

If so, should I also remove it, and the maps he provided for newbies, from my website?
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Yayaril
Sojourner
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Postby Yayaril » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:04 am

Corth wrote:Trust me jorus, Cherzra isn't 'winning'. Whatever legacy that cockaroach might have left on the mud has just been erased. Good job Shev. Remove the items though or be intellectually honest and admit that there are artifacts in the game...


So the items from Hulburg will be beefed up to the level of artifacts? I don't understand.
Salen
Sojourner
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Salen » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:05 am

Yayaril wrote:
Corth wrote:Trust me jorus, Cherzra isn't 'winning'. Whatever legacy that cockaroach might have left on the mud has just been erased. Good job Shev. Remove the items though or be intellectually honest and admit that there are artifacts in the game...


So the items from Hulburg will be beefed up to the level of artifacts? I don't understand.


Well, they do have a 0% load rate now, so I bet that boosts their points 8)
Llaaldara
Sojourner
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Dobluth Kyor

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:18 am

My posting disclaimer: I use bold to emphasize words, not as a means of yelling.

First, by the wording it seems to suggest that the zones aren’t on another mud at the time of submittal. Which they weren’t. Wouldn’t say that’s a valid excuse for pulling a zone. I think it’s a shame that Sojourn lost some of it’s content. Not that I really give a dam about TTF/Hulburg.

Second, if you really want to go the route about him posting all the details on a website, well he pretty much posted the answers for nearly every quest, and dirs around all major zones. Should we remove all those too? Yes let’s reduce our total content because some one who used to work here decided to be a complete jackass?

Third, what’s wrong with a little healthy competition? I doubt this other mud has the same code as Soj. It might be close, but not exactly the same. So how can the zone be exactly the same. I seriously doubt this other mud has all their mobs casting prismatic spray for example. In fact I see this as a way of drawing players TO THE MUD instead of away from it. Some players there might be like cool they have this zone I love on this mud too! I don’t have to relearn the whole stinking world over again (a major reason people don’t start new muds).

I seem to lack the understanding or comprehension of time that supposedly went into this decision, similar to the premature implementation of the auction code.

People might feel that Cherzra is the biggest cocksucker in the world, which could or could not be true, but don’t see how that has any baring on keeping quality content within the gaming environment.
Corth
Sojourner
Posts: 6002
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am
Location: NY, USA

Postby Corth » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:35 am

Yayaril wrote:
Corth wrote:Trust me jorus, Cherzra isn't 'winning'. Whatever legacy that cockaroach might have left on the mud has just been erased. Good job Shev. Remove the items though or be intellectually honest and admit that there are artifacts in the game...


So the items from Hulburg will be beefed up to the level of artifacts? I don't understand.


Im not going to get lured into a debate over the definition of 'artifact'.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth



Goddamned slippery mage.
rylan
Sojourner
Posts: 2903
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Hudson, MA

Postby rylan » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:26 pm

Corth wrote:Im not going to get lured into a debate over the definition of 'artifact'.


darn, yayaril set the bait nicely too :P
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Contact:

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:43 pm

I fail to see why it is even being discussed. If you haven't been around sojourn for a decent time, sure I'll give it to you, but to the rest of you:

You should know better than to think you can change the gods minds on any topic that they feel they are right on, or have been wronged in.

That is all.
Teyaha
Sojourner
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:01 pm

um, cherzra did some fucked up things and you guys seem to be forgetting that fact in your selfish demands that the stuff stay.

you were not on the receiving end. if it had been you cherzra had pulled this shit on, you wouldnt want anything to do with anything he did ever again, either.

they have every right to yank those zones, although the gear should be turned into the closest equivalent of something any player can get without those zones in the game. i can see a bigger flame war coming later over this.

do you guys not remember that the crap toddrick pulled closed down sojourn 2 - almost forever? cherzra just pulled the exact same crap and you are lucky kris didnt say 'fuck it, i'm too old for this shit' and turn the mud machine off. the man is human, and if you wrong him he's either going to fight back (close the mud) or do his best to let it roll because the mud affects more than one person's life. he is being the bigger man, and you trivialize the one little combat victory he's going to have in this by yanking that prick's work.

now you be the bigger men/women - deal with it and move on.
Caedym
Sojourner
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Houston Texas
Contact:

Postby Caedym » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:55 pm

Not sure if I'm missing something here so could someone please help:

Are the only evilrace players posting in this thread that are upset about Cherzra's zones being yanked, all CC or former CC members? Well except for Llaaldara, but she apparently doesn't "give a dam" about the zones specifically.

Wasn't Cherzra in the evilrace guild Crimson Coalition? Logically one could conclude that being in the same guild together all quest and zone info would be shared on their private channels/pages.

Weren't most evil race groups doing these two zones of a CC majority and in fact lead by CC people? Like Turg always leading Hulburg?

So are you CC folks upset you can't do zones that were handed to you by the actual maker?

Is this what you guys always mean when you talk about being '3l33t'?

So does this define the term '3l33t' as having things handed to you and keeping that information away from everyone else, then jumping up and down when it is taken away from you?

Am I getting this right?

Caedym Shadowhock

Please try not to do the obvious flame response. This all look sad as it is, and you guys started it. But if you have to, feel free. I'd rather have you pissing on me then the staff and making them want to close it down.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:34 pm

"Guns aren't toys."

That's the most poetic I've ever seen Dartan. I'm honestly impressed.

Keep on Ooshing!
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:45 pm

Caedym wrote:Not sure if I'm missing something here so could someone please help:

Are the only evilrace players posting in this thread that are upset about Cherzra's zones being yanked, all CC or former CC members? Well except for Llaaldara, but she apparently doesn't "give a dam" about the zones specifically.

Wasn't Cherzra in the evilrace guild Crimson Coalition? Logically one could conclude that being in the same guild together all quest and zone info would be shared on their private channels/pages.

Weren't most evil race groups doing these two zones of a CC majority and in fact lead by CC people? Like Turg always leading Hulburg?

So are you CC folks upset you can't do zones that were handed to you by the actual maker?

Is this what you guys always mean when you talk about being '3l33t'?

So does this define the term '3l33t' as having things handed to you and keeping that information away from everyone else, then jumping up and down when it is taken away from you?

Am I getting this right?

Caedym Shadowhock

Please try not to do the obvious flame response. This all look sad as it is, and you guys started it. But if you have to, feel free. I'd rather have you pissing on me then the staff and making them want to close it down.


STFU and go back to podville noob. You have no clue what you're talking about and that's very insulting to evils.

Yes, Cherzra was in CC and so was I for a while. He never gave out huge amounts of quest info to us or any zone info. Once in a while he would steer me in the right direction on a clue (like where the hell do i get a crystal sphere). While you were sitting at 1w I was exploring Hulburg and talking to every mob I could. I even had a 2 page alias for keywords. As for the zone, the first time we went in we spent about 12 hours. If we had the quest files, we would have known where the safe rooms and gateable rooms were. We didn't even know there was a zone until we started gating around. So, unless u know anything about evils or hulburg, STFU.

edit: i don't know what he told CC during the time because I wasn't in CC when I did most of the quests i think. wasn't lvl 48.
Last edited by Dalar on Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:47 pm

Also, I had EVERY quest down in both zones except for bat spellbook and the maxagi shield. Everything I had you could consider Oosh's too, because I would have given the information to him. We never needed the zone files.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Caedym
Sojourner
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Houston Texas
Contact:

Postby Caedym » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:02 pm

Dalar wrote:STFU and go back to podville noob. You have no clue what you're talking about and that's very insulting to evils.

Yes, Cherzra was in CC and so was I for a while. He never gave out huge amounts of quest info to us or any zone info. Once in a while he would steer us in the right direction on a clue (like where the hell do i get a crystal sphere). While you were sitting at 1w I was exploring Hulburg and talking to every mob I could. I even had a 2 page alias for keywords. As for the zone, the first time we went in we spent about 12 hours. If we had the quest files, we would have known where the safe rooms and gateable rooms were. We didn't even know there was a zone until we started gating around. So, unless u know anything about evils or hulburg, STFU.


I see the spider web I have laid has caught my first fly! Thank you so much Dalar for completely validating my logic by admitting to the fact that he did indeed help you with his zones! Which in turn also gives credit to the deductive reasoning I supplied earlier.

You should have paid attention to what Zoldren said. Pride is a sin, one that blinds you and prevents you from avoiding obvious quagmires.

I still got space here for some more flys. Who’s next?

Caedym Shadowhock
Ambar
Sojourner
Posts: 2872
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Our House in Va.
Contact:

Postby Ambar » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:20 pm

rofl caedym you are so damn clueless :P

cherzra did NOT give us info ... just the same as if a immort watched you do any new zone and you are totally screwed up they prod you along and direct you right (they all do it and if you were anything but a noob you'd know this) ... BC and Muspel come immediately to mind ....

to insinuate such a thing to say we were given the information rather than worked for it ... as u have not only insults US .. but it makes you look like the ass u presumably are ....

u also insult every zone write that has put forth the tremndous effort it takes to write a zone and fill it with fun things to do ...

are we leet?? of course we are/were ... look at the things we accomplished ... jesus why am i even responding to this ... your efforts at flames only poured water on yourself ...

am i pissed ?? sure the hell am ...

-love you no shit ...

-Jen

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests