Job Hunting/Head Hunting Websites

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Job Hunting/Head Hunting Websites

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:35 pm

Looking for some good job searching websites other than monster.com or flipdog.com ... anyone know of any? Thanks!

-Talsor :shock:
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:42 pm

s1jobs.com

Come on over to Scotland and I'll take you out, get you drunk and send you home with some Govan slapper :P
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:46 pm

hotjobs.com is okay.

You're from Jersey, so try careerbuilder.com. Its the newsday site, but i think they cover your area.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:33 pm

www.beerpongdork.com

They saw your pic on the torilpics site, I hear they want an interview with you.

:shock:
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:43 am

Sorry Joe, but your being an ass when I'm trying to be serious.
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:25 am

Here's a copule that haven't been listed:
brassring.com
dice.com

Be careful giving your email to any job hunting site though, you'll get a ton of spam.

- Mike
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:33 am

All in all, I've found jobhunting websites to be a bit of a bust. I tried putting out my resume on monster and careerbuilder, and I didn't really get any leads that panned out to anything. I got much further when I researched what companies resided within 30 miles of where I live, and visited their websites specifically.

I think part of it has to do with companies basically getting spammed with resumes from jobhunting sites with people who aren't really interested in the company, but just need "a job, any job." Going to the company's website itself and researching them, and letting them know their own website was your referral point may get you further. I suppose it shows you're interested in them specifically (even if you're not), as opposed to someone who plugged his degree into monster.com and spammed resumes to the first 50 responses.

Takes more work on your part =/ But may produce some results for you if you can't make job sites work for you.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:31 pm

Good call, I've tried that with a few companies already, but I should explore that option further. Thanks Joe 8)

-Tals

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”