Behaviour and observations

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Behaviour and observations

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:27 am

this seems really strange to me. it appears that on this game people hold grudges forever and never forgive even the smallest past transgression.

but on mmorpg's littered with people of all types of mental and emotional defencies this is less of a problem.

someone said it was because more people play an mmorpg. not necessarily. on the daoc server i played on we never had more people in albion than are logged on this mud total. people pissed each other off quite often, but it was a rare occaison for two people to become bitter enemies or for one individual to be blacklisted by the rest of the community that depends on what that individual's class offers.

one theory i have is the secretive nature of this game. in a public game just about everything is documented, even quests - eq stats- everything. there is more openess in regards to gameplay. does this also foster better player relationships?

antother theory, based on the last, is that the secretive nature of this game fosters what is observed by outsiders as an elitest attitude.

any other theories? discuss, but please keep the flames to a minimum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:34 am

WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID MMORPG THEORIES
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:51 am

I'm gonna have to support Dalar's theory here.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:53 am

new theory - could it be because of the emotional age of players like dalar?

just trying to strike some conversation and maybe some debate. no need to be jerks about it - again.

but you are prime examples of what i'm talking about. this is a legitimate observation even if you dont agree with it. unless you have something constructive to say that's not more than one line then just go elsewhere.
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:09 am

Yea, I've played through a lot of mmorpgs too, daoc, eq, ac, etc... heres a couple theories.

1. most 'zones' are done with 5-6 ppl, not 15, so even with a pbase of 60, thats 10+ groups as opposed to only 4 groups in the mud... therefore the odds you'll pick up a random group with the same ppl are more rare.

2. most mmorpgs have players that join for a few months to a year till the next big mmorpg comes out and then they leave, so theres a lot less attachment.

3. most mmorpgs are new so the pbase has less attachment to the game. Here, a larger percentage of the ppl have been playing for 5+ yrs etc.

4. its hard to argue when the person you're arguing with is a scantily clad elven amazon wearing a thong for armor ;)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:13 am

You shouldn't discount other people's theories just because they conflict with your own. That's the kind of destructive behavior that leads to all this secrecy. Seriously though, if you're gonna compare this game to DAOC or everquest or whatever shitty little game you thought you were good at one time, you should expect to get flamed.

If you want constructive, did you ever consider the possiblity that all the "secrecy" and "grudges" as you call them are actually a part of competition? Sure there's competition on your MMORGS or whatever stupid acronymn they are using this week, but its not real competition like here.

Here you have a group of sick and depraved individuals who have dedicated years of their lives to a single game, and who are extremely good at said game, competing with each other. They have alot at stake all the time, and the competition is seriously fierce. People have committed suicide over this game.

This isn't some stupid game that wipes every 2 months and people lose interest in after 6. People have been playing here for near a decade. Competing with each other. All the time. And they're all nasty at this game, they all know the tricks and the quests and the ways to get ahead. Of course there's going to be cut throat competition in an environment like that. But the games you're talking about are softened and pussied up to the point where theres not so much invested, and you dont have to be so good at the game or devote so much time to it to be on top. So there's less competition, because there is less at stake.

Your comparing a father son softball game to the god damn Superbowl here. You deserve to get flamed.

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:29 am

and how does that make it right thanuk?

when did i discount a theory. dalar was being an ass as he has been to me as of late. he wasnt about to add anything constructive to the discussion and you know this.

i'm not comparing the GAME to anything, i'm comparing the way people are treated IN the game here to elsewhere.

the secrecy can cause problems. i remember early on someone, who had never played a caster class before, got 41 and wanted help from someone who knew the gate/relocate quests. the person who agreed to help later reniged because they were told by an old skool player that 'they need to figure it out on their own, dont help them'. how does that foster good relationships? not everyone is as good at this game as the next guy and some quest just dumbfound players who are not good at quests. secrecy is one thing, witholding help another.

and thanuk - no one, ever, deserves to get flamed. i wish you luck in buildling a larger, stronger and healthier playerbase with new people saying things like that.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:47 am

First of all I flame people constantly, and yet somehow people still seem to like me. The trick is that i actually laugh when they flame me back instead of getting all self-righteous and hissy every time someone cracks a joke.

Secondly, Dalar added something very constructive to this thread, you just didn't like the way he dropped his knowledge. The other games you talk about are like a frat party, sojourn is like a family reunion. There's grudges and anger and bickering and all kinds of nasty shit, but everybody's family in the end. Fact is that i just trashed gura's mom in another thread but i would feel perfectly safe letting him crash on my couch if he ever needed a place to stay. How many people have you met on those other games that would let you in their house if you showed up at the door? How many people stayed at Dranix/Jenera's place 2 months ago? That's the difference.

And maybe that doesn't foster great relationships with every newbie who logs onto the game, but you have to earn your place here, it doesn't just get handed to you. When everyone who sticks their head into sojourn one time is your best friend, best friend status doesn't really mean shit, it just means you walked in the door.

And why the hell should anyone tell another person the gate/relocate quests? If the idea was for you to know how to do it beforehand, it wouldn't be a quest, it would be a shopping list. The reason people dont get good at this game is because they get everything handed to them instead of learning to do it themselves. One guy isn't as good as the next guy at this game, your right. That's why we have levels. If everyone was the same, no matter what, then what's the friggin point in playing?

Maybe your way will bring a larger playerbase. But the sojourn way brings a stronger one. I got over a decade of proof of that theory sitting right in front of you. And how's your DAOC server doing? How come you play here instead of there? I think we both know the answer to that question.

Id rather have 100 friends then 1000 acquantances. You can be nice to everybody all the time, and they'll use you for what your worth and be done with you when they get bored of it. But if you make someone earn your respect, and earn your friendship, you have a much stronger bond with them then with some guy you gave a flamberge to one time. That's what makes it right.

Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:58 am

100? Hell, you'd like just one person not to beat you up and steal your lunch money; now back to 3rd grade with you.

100 friends, geez.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:02 am

Salen wrote:100? Hell, you'd like just one person not to beat you up and steal your lunch money; now back to 3rd grade with you.

100 friends, geez.

Just cuz i get vouchers for lunch since we're on welfare doesnt mean you have to be a dick about it.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:03 am

Teyaha wrote:unless you have something constructive to say that's not more than one line then just go elsewhere.

you hypocrite. why don't you play the mud before making retarded statements about it? i'm not limiting your retarded statements to just this thread

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:08 am

um i'm playing right now, where are you?
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:27 am

I love it when someone tries to justify their own inabilities by blaming others. Exactly what 'other' graphical games have you played Teyaha? Char lvls, class and servers please so I can check.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:32 am

only because you asked..
daoc igraine:
darxarian 50 fire wizard
garrette 50 ice wizard
zenobian 50 necro
zenobia 50 paladin
elasa 50 minstrel
bruhaha 50 cleric
teyaha 46 friar

swg:
oteg master weaopnsmith
danni quee tka master

eq (sold)
corellus 60 druid
jadsea 60 necro
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:39 am

You should have put some more time into EQ then. Because if you think its not full of the same secrets Soj is then you're sadly mistaken.

Gear and stats are not guarded on EQ but tactics are, those are what win fights when timing comes down to seconds. The feelings you see around you aren't due to anything but yourself, your attitude and the fact that you just are not very good at these games. No one can really fault you for sucking, I myself suck at fixing cars. BUT! I don't constantly go to a mechanic shop and complain and make useless suggestions or accuse every mechanic there of keeping 'secret' info from me that obviously is the reason I suck.

DAOC was a different world and a different game. None of the players on Igraine I know have ever heard of any of these chars, so I expect the same is true there...
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:41 am

rofl you're kidding right?

i'm in emain ever night after i log off the mud with zenobian. drabyl is on with swifkill every night as well.

forgot to say that's albion
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:47 am

It may be true, no one I know has heard of you. But comparing DAOC to soj or even EQ is pointless as they're 2 different types of games.

Btw, your necro apparently is pretty well liked and respected now. So it appears you can do something well in these games, quit.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:51 am

wow, glad i dont know you, cause you are not a nice person.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:56 am

I keep telling people that but no one else believes me.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:08 am

http://www.camelotherald.com/chardispla ... e&c=176500

http://www.camelotherald.com/chardispla ... ne&c=85742

http://www.camelotherald.com/chardispla ... e&c=285807

http://www.camelotherald.com/chardispla ... ne&c=52871

heard of them now?

then again if you played you would know about the herald. you probably dont play, you were just antagonizing me into an argument.
Tasan
Sojourner

Re: Behaviour and observations

Postby Tasan » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:17 am

Teyaha wrote:this seems really strange to me. it appears that on this game people hold grudges forever and never forgive even the smallest past transgression.

but on mmorpg's littered with people of all types of mental and emotional defencies this is less of a problem.

Slam the populous! Now you get the picture! They are just a faceless mass of people, devoid of social skill and tact! Whee!

Wait, no flames... sorry I'm lost.

Teyaha wrote:someone said it was because more people play an mmorpg. not necessarily. on the daoc server i played on we never had more people in albion than are logged on this mud total. people pissed each other off quite often, but it was a rare occaison for two people to become bitter enemies or for one individual to be blacklisted by the rest of the community that depends on what that individual's class offers.

I think you just answered your own question there. If they depend on that individual, then they will have to settle their differances. Most of the people at Sojourn know that you do not need an individual in most respects, so why care that much.

Teyaha wrote:one theory i have is the secretive nature of this game. in a public game just about everything is documented, even quests - eq stats- everything. there is more openess in regards to gameplay. does this also foster better player relationships?

Happy idiots are still idiots, they just cause less problems. I'd say a decent portion of the MMORPG people are just that, kids or idiots, neither of which would play a game if it wasn't sufficiently easy for them to attain an escape from reality.

Teyaha wrote:antother theory, based on the last, is that the secretive nature of this game fosters what is observed by outsiders as an elitest attitude.

any other theories? discuss, but please keep the flames to a minimum.

Of course to an outsider everything looks elitist... that's the basic point of the matter. If I have something you want and I won't give it to you, you're going to be jealous, and most likely belligerant towards me for not allowing you what you want. Now if I gave all my information to you, then you go and tell everyone you know because you are so much better than the elitists, and want a happy-go-lucky rainbow land of sunshine for all. Soon everyone and their mother has way too much of something, driving it's value down, and I'm forced to go find new things to attain which other people can't, so I know they will retain their value, because I learned my lesson telling you the first time. This game is far better than most MMORPG's because my knowledge and skill as a player are at a premium, and are not replaceable by some random kid playing during class time.

If you can't deal with the attitude of people here, by all means go create yer rainbow happyland and promote all the idiots to come have their fill.

Twinshadow
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:22 am

i was with you till your very last line. i can see your points actually and concede them, but the attack was not necessary.

the attacks here are probably a good example of what i'm talking about.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:28 am

teyaha stop and think. you have 0 insight about this game and u make comments about it. people who obviously play flame you because of your uninformed statements. my theory is, if some random guy who comes back from playing MMORPGs and he/she/it says he/she/it is the shit because he/she/it did will get flamed.
Last edited by Dalar on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:28 am

Technically I wasn't flaming you personally, but rather the hippy crap attitude I get from people who want free knowledge for all and a wonderous life fulfilling experience from mudding.

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:30 am

i've been here as long as you dalar, i have plenty of knowlege of the game. try opening your mind up a little and seeing both sides.

and i can see your point of view again tasan. not much of a quest monkey myself though so i havent found myself in that situation but i can see how it could be annoying. then again what if some new player scratched and clawed their way to 41 and asked you for help on a spell quest - how would you react if you were that player and someone talked to you as you just did or seem justified in doing?

there are real people behind that ansii

at no time have i bashed this game. there is no other game out there that has a character with the utility and usefulness of an enchanter that i know of, and so many games just feel and look like sojourn clones. i'm bashing the way we treat each other in the game yet some of you think it's ok to be so mean, cruel and spiteful as recent threads have shown. it's NEVER ok to act that way, no matter what justification you think you have.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:37 am

Yes, of course they are.

And yes, I played DAOC during the final 2 stages of beta and 9 months of retail. I was there when they added realm points, nerfed rangers from sniper gods to useless PVP chars. Redid smite clerics, sorcs, thanes, berserkers and most of the other things. I worked with the original 2 blademaster class leads during initial testing. And yes, I know the herald. I remember when there wasn't a herald and when Sanya was a pissy EQ player named Tweetie. And yay, you linked your chars. I don't see you or your guild on any of the top rankings and your stats are fairly middle of the road. I never said you were lying about playing, just you don't seem to get on well with people. Try playing the games and once you get in to some of these big guilds you'll see that they protect what they learn while you call it elitist.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:46 am

um tanji, i was in a big guild at the beginning of igraine's life man. but what does being in a big guild have to do with anything? you can have a big circle of friends without ever being in a guild.

drabyl founded sancti graal because he's a f'ng arthurian legend fanatic. i remember when the merlin movie came out on tv everytime i went to his place it was all he watched.

sancti graal had over 150 level 50's and thanks to dallas who has since sold had lead the raids that had albion with all 6 relics and every single keep from both realms for 23 days straight.

however.....big guilds rarely last. the politics get in the way and sometimes the personality conflicts get in the way. i have all those characters, but i also take a three month break from these games every 4 months because of work. some folks move on to other servers, other realms. a lot moved to other servers because SG was dominating and it was no longer a challenge.

so yes i have been in a big guild. but i dont see how that has any bearing. used to be in a big guild called twilight brethren on torvonn on eq three years ago. i think i prefer smaller guilds with tighter friends so long as we dont start secluding ourselves from the rest of the population.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:34 am

this is so ridiculous:P

teyaha ... get a grip hun ... noone says you are lying .. they are just saying get out of your *other game* attitude and get in the now!

seems to me you can get a lot more flies with honey than the vinegar you have posted ....

you say *no flames here *then you flame some of the better players I personally have ever seen ...

i don't get it ... you have always been included with some of the better groups, then have bitched and moaned and whined about stuff til you got nothing from the splits ... then you wonder why ...

i think they are trying to say maybe its YOU that's the problem, but they are being too nice about it ...

i know people have and will continue to have issues with both tanji and dartan .. and you know what??they are BOTH awesome players ... i have NEVER ever had problems with EITHER of them ... both of them are VERY nice guys ... for you to sit there on your side of the internet and say things about either one of them only makes you look bad ...

and you know what?? i like YOU, too ... bleh i like everyone, and am friends with everyone ... but i hate to see you keep doing this over and over and over ... it just hurts you ..

i hate to see people do this to themselves ... seems like you need to take a step back and evaluate yourself before you go flaming the fires some more ....

i'm not saying lets all get along , because we won't .. just think about what you type before you type it ... it's delving into the *this one time, at bandcamp..* type thing (hello .. you are NOT in bandcamp anymore)

sorry if i sound nasty or whatever, but been workign a hell of a lot lately and am GRUMPY ... bleh no coffee either ...
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:10 am

omg cant you guys just see the friggin point??? nobody likes thanuk! wait hrm..wrong thread sorry.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:28 am

I hold a grudge with Teyaha because he makes unprovoked idiotic comments about me on various threads. Not to mention that his posts all seem to be trying to shame everyone else on the board into respecting him and the admins.

"So guys, I'd like to discuss why you're all jerks. I mean, on DaoC, people are really nice to me, and they give me equipment, and they all like me. So let's hear some theories about why you feel like you have to be asses. I just want to spark some discussion."

BTW, you all should respect me because I was in the #1 guild on Earth and Beyond's Orion server. Just thought you should know, because tanji and thanuk continue to tease me for nancing :(
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:43 pm

Wow.

Teyaha, I know you and I never really got to know each other, but...

If you dropped all of this stuff, it would eventually fade away. Why do you keep digging at the wound, when it would heal if you only left it alone? A few people might hold grudges and be asses, but if you just blow them off and be a decent person, everybody else would eventually just see you, instead of the past you keep digging up.

Dartan and I have our differences... and they can be nasty ones. We could still be in the same group together and get along, though. If he showed up in my city I would take him out for drinks and offer him a spot on my couch for the night. Half the time I'd rather hold the guy's head underwater than play with him, but holding onto any kind of bitterness over our differences doesn't really help anybody, it only creates attention-gathering spectacles like this thread. When I think about it, there are a lot of traits Dartan has that I admire, and when you get around his competitive streak he can be a pretty decent guy.

One of the great things about Sojourn is something you learn over time... you can learn to like anybody, if you just give yourself the chance. As much as you talk about grudges everybody else seems to be holding here, the one giving you the least opportunity to get over your past... is you.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:57 pm

you guys are cracking me up.

ragorn: i was never planning on talking about any specifics about what i did on any ohter game. remember, tanji asked me to prove it. read the whole thread. your entire line about how i think i'm awesome in daoc and people gave me eq there - i never said any such things. it's stuff exactly like this that i dont understand, and i play the game more than you do bub.

ambar and ashiwi: at no time did i ever mention this was happening to me specifically, i'm just talking about a general observation anyone can make by reading the threads as of late, especially both of the hulburg/ttf threads. at no time did i say 'woe is me, this crap is happening to me and it's bs i'm so cool you should love me' and i didnt get into proving anything until tanji asked me to list my characters then said i need to be in a big guild. been there, that was all i was pointing out.

at no time do i make a direct comparison between this game and the other games, i do however make comparisons in how we treat each other here. there are some like ashiwi and ambar that can forgive everything, but far more that can not and forever hold grudges. you know this to be true. and at no time in this thread have i attacked anyone.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:53 pm

you find it funny that you're retarded, every one is pointing it out, and nobody likes you? hahaha i find that funny too!

Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:09 pm

Ok, once again a thread has devolved. If you are just going to throw flames around, do it in another medium. This one is not here for that. I'm running out of extinguishers. :)
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:19 pm

Shar wrote:Ok, once again a thread has devolved.

Hmmm... I wouldn't say it "devolved" so much as persisted. The thread was like this from the top.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:24 pm

Shar .. I guess it's your right as moderator to decide when a subject has become untolerable ... but I thought we were supposed to have some leeway in the forums to say what's on our mind. So far in this thread noone has gotten overly nasty or unreasonable.

I suppose we need a NEW site where we can talk about things and not get *spanked* ???

Either that or we are all children and need to be babysat ??

No offense meant, hope none will be taken ...

I'm just wondering where the line gets drawn??

-Jennifer
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:38 pm

Shar wrote:Ok, once again a thread has devolved. If you are just going to throw flames around, do it in another medium. This one is not here for that. I'm running out of extinguishers. :)

But thats like 98% of my posts!

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:41 am

all anyone ever does here is flame anymore :(

dalar has been attacking me on a personal level for a couple of weeks now. there is no need, i dont even meet this person in game. and the rest of you support it.

then you wonder why a moderator says enough is enough and locks threads.

clearly babysitters are needed. dalar's retard comment was not warranted, but i bet you all support that too.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:45 am

Teyaha wrote:all anyone ever does here is flame anymore :(

dalar has been attacking me on a personal level for a couple of weeks now. there is no need, i dont even meet this person in game. and the rest of you support it.

then you wonder why a moderator says enough is enough and locks threads.

clearly babysitters are needed. dalar's retard comment was not warranted, but i bet you all support that too.

no I would do non-flame points if you didn't butt in on topics you have absolutely no clue about. i don't have to know you in game to flame you. your non-informed comments and your "i've played mmorpgs so i own" attitude is enough for me to flame you. learn the game and shut up

Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:56 am

A person is validated by the actions he/she performs and not by the words he/she says or the history/achievements he/she claims to have.

Teyaha:

A simple solution for the people who's suffering from the behavior problems that you say they are experiencing is the following:

Shut up and contribute.

Yssilk
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:47 am

even with the malice behind your suggestion, yssilk, it still has merit. do you have any suggestions as to how someone can contribute to the mud on the whole?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:51 am

you can contribute by not becoming flamebait. how to do that? don't post in gameplay discussion

Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:54 am

Write a newbie guide for my website, or create a map I can put up.
Become a newbie helper and answer lots of questions on NHC.
Write a zone.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Zukal
Sojourner

Postby Zukal » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:10 am

I have been mudding for nearly 7 years, that's over 1/3 of my lifetime. I played on a mud where everyone knew everything about everything, where everyone had characters that were maxxed out with eq/quests. And quite frankly those muds sucked. This is the best mud I've played I've yet to find any one person that knows everything and quite a few people who know a lot. The greatest thing about this mud is that if you want to do some of the harder stuff you have to get ten to fifteen of the most knowledgable players together to do it well. This is my first wipe on this mud, And I know very little about quests and things that many of the oldschool players have known for years, I still have managed to help my best friend get resurrect, myself to get gate, relocate, and Fire embodiment. Those quests were hard, and enjoyable because they weren't handed to me, I had to figure out where the pieces came from, I had to figure out what other quests were involved and I had to complete them all on my own. If a level 41 newbie mage asks me how to get gate or reloc, I tell them a. Talk to the questmob b. the general location of the questmob. From there most people are able to figure out atleast what is needed, if not where the items are from. This game is the single most enjoyable one I've played because of it's competitive "elitist" nature.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:18 pm

and it's people like you, Zukal, that make ANY game more enjoyable!!
Way to go hun :)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:54 pm

Todrael wrote:Write a zone.

Yeah I emailed cyric about getting the zone building docs about hmmm a year and a half ago....anyone else got them?

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:09 pm

writing a zone sounds intriguing. i've done it before elsewhere, although not quite on the same scale that sojourn typcically requires of it's zone submissions. thanks for the suggestions tod.

see dalar? tod has never really liked me, but he can make a constructive post. why can't you?
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:45 pm

Teyaha wrote:writing a zone sounds intriguing. i've done it before elsewhere, although not quite on the same scale that sojourn typcically requires of it's zone submissions. thanks for the suggestions tod.

see dalar? tod has never really liked me, but he can make a constructive post. why can't you?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

-Caedym Shadowhock
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:32 pm

thanuk you seriously dont have the zone doc files? boggle, ive had them for over 3 years now - and yes, i get them as they are updated :P shoot me an email at kwirl@truegenius.net and ill dig them out for you when this party ends

teyaha dude, i am bipolar, but you seem to lack the ability to ever say anything positive. dude, take like 50 xtacy pills, THEN mud for an hour, THEN come post here. the mudding for an hour first part is kinda important though.

i dont think thanuk has ever hit on my mom, but im used to it - everyone hits on my mom. sigh. i hate having a hot mother.

dartan opened me up to a world of ummmm, well - bite me, jpop is addictive.

moritheil still has more posts than me, i gave up at some point :(

isn't it funny that so many people just sit idle at various places in the mud doing nothing. i dig the new auction room though.

my head hurts, but im hoping to hook up with a freaky chick.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:00 pm

thanuk wrote:
Todrael wrote:Write a zone.

Yeah I emailed cyric about getting the zone building docs about hmmm a year and a half ago....anyone else got them?

Yeah, actually I do.

T

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”