A moment of silence for your local delivery man . . .

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

A moment of silence for your local delivery man . . .

Postby Daz » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:02 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/08 ... index.html

i normally get my giggles about random acts of violence and shit, but this was a good guy, working an honest job and he got the shaft.

i'm tipping my delivery guy extra for a while
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:38 pm

It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:39 pm

"Why is nobody trying to get this thing off me?"

Typical case of killing the messenger. :?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:21 pm

so not funny

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:14 pm

... :(
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:26 am

Pizza Man That Was Killed By Bomb Had An Unique Weapon

(CNN) -- The pizza deliveryman who was killed by a bomb clamped around his neck after robbing a bank in Erie, Pennsylvania, had another "unique" weapon in his vehicle, the FBI's lead investigator said Wednesday.

Special Agent Ken McCabe would not provide details about the weapon, but said, "It was a little bit unique, and we may release that information also for the public to see what he was carrying," McCabe told CNN's "American Morning." "And maybe that may help with this investigation."

Police said Brian Douglas Wells, 46, robbed a bank Thursday while wearing the bomb locked to his neck by a homemade metal collar. After the robbery, Pennsylvania State Police stopped Wells, handcuffed him and sat him down on the ground, safely away from others. Police then called a bomb squad, but the device exploded before bomb technicians arrived, killing Wells.

Before the blast, Wells had told police he had been forced to rob the bank, and asked police to help him remove the bomb.

"The bomb itself is something you can get instructions off the Internet to make. The collar is what makes this whole device unique," McCabe said.

On Tuesday, the FBI released photographs of the collar, which was fastened by a sophisticated locking mechanism.

"We're hoping that somebody either saw somebody making this in an industrial shop or in their home shop," McCabe said.

The FBI again searched a remote area around a television transmitter site for possible clues Tuesday night, a law enforcement source told CNN. Wells had gone to the area to deliver a pizza -- his supervisor said -- and showed up at the bank an hour later with the bomb attached to him.

McCabe said federal, state and local investigators are trying to determine whether Wells was forced to rob the bank, as he told them, or whether he planned the robbery himself or with an accomplice.

Wells carried a note for bank employees during the robbery and another that included instructions for him, police said. Both notes are being examined for any fingerprints, handwriting, hair or fiber evidence they may yield, and McCabe said investigators had not eliminated the possibility that Wells wrote the notes himself.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”