Best political lobby ever

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Best political lobby ever

Postby Xisiqomelir » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:13 am

Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:12 am

If there's one thing that irks me it's the slowness at which america has moved to the metric system. It is a far superior system, but sadly 90% of the americans would stumble with it, so it's resisted.

Anyone who has taken physics will agree, those that haven't will likely disagree.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:17 am

90% of Americans would stumble with counting if you didn't let them use their fingers :P
Colje
Sojourner

Postby Colje » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:50 am

Stamm wrote:90% of Americans would stumble with counting if you didn't let them use their fingers :P

ROFL
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:37 am

Shrug, people who care (read: unrepentant geeks) use the metric system anyway. :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:34 pm

the metric system was created by the french, and is therefore faulty and unreliable. aside from that, what moron would want 100 meter football? a 40 meter dash? it is just stupid. long live the US way of doing things, and let this be a testament to how much we don't care!
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:05 pm

My car gets 10 rods to the hog's head, and damnit that's the way I like it!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:54 pm

Corth wrote:Shrug, people who care (read: unrepentant geeks) use the metric system anyway. :)

Corth

So...in the grand scheme of things, if you use the metric system and/or lobby for its widescale use, you are an unrepentant geek. If you spent the better part of your life watching meaningless lines of fantasy text scroll by your computer monitor, are you a repentant geek? :)
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:06 pm

The metrix sysem is the debil!

And Stamm, the only thing Scottist people can count is sheep. So be quiet.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:06 pm

thanuk wrote:My car gets 10 rods to the hog's head, and damnit that's the way I like it!

Your car sucks man. What is it a top fuel dragster or something? It's definately not very fuel efficient.

10 rods to the hog's head is 4.9603174603174603174603174603175e-4 miles per gallon. (1/2016th MPG for those not into scientific enumeration) Geesh.

By comparison my 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix gets 544,320 Rods to the Hog's Head.

Grandpa Simpson's car which he is quoted as getting 40 rods to the hog's head gets 0.00198 MPG by US standards.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:14 pm

Azuth wrote:If there's one thing that irks me it's the slowness at which america has moved to the metric system. It is a far superior system, but sadly 90% of the americans would stumble with it, so it's resisted.

Anyone who has taken physics will agree, those that haven't will likely disagree.

Taking physics and I agree.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: Best political lobby ever

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:27 am

TABLE OF USEFUL METRIC CONVERSIONS

1 trillion microphones = 1 megaphone
2000 mockingbirds = two kilomockingbirds
10 cards = 1 decacards
1 millionth of a fish = 1 microfiche
453.6 graham crackers = 1 pound cake
1 trillion pins = 1 terrapin
10 rations = 1 decoration
100 rations = 1 C-ration
10 millipedes = 1 centipede
3 1/3 tridents = 1 decadent
2 monograms = 1 diagram
8 nickels = 2 paradigms
2 wharves = 1 paradox

Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:58 am

Dalar wrote:
Azuth wrote:If there's one thing that irks me it's the slowness at which america has moved to the metric system. It is a far superior system, but sadly 90% of the americans would stumble with it, so it's resisted.

Having taken phsyics, i hate it. Physics that is, not the metric system.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:25 am

Gyrx wrote:
Dalar wrote:

Having taken phsyics, i hate it. Physics that is, not the metric system.

roger that
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:27 am

Sorry if we don't feel the need to dumb our measurement system down so that it's simple, like you Europeans do. I mean, anyone can multiply by ten to go from meters to centimeters... but you have to actually have to _learn_ that there's 12 inches in a foot! Pardon us for being able to learn stuff... ;)

BTW... I took physics, and don't really care what measurement system is used. Hell, measure everything in Unreal Units for all I care... heh.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:47 am

Americans are retarded for wanting their own system. The metric system rules and it is retarded to use anything else for physics. I don't know how many times I have cursed the US for teaching me this retarded system. I ignore it now and just use the metric system because it works. Our language is stupid and our mesuring systems are stupid. Can we as a country be anymore arogant?
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:37 am

Kifle wrote:Our language is stupid and our mesuring systems are stupid.

:shock:

English is stupid, the American dialect of English is stupid, or both? And if English is a stupid language then what is a clever one?

And regarding measuring, it is a fact that centimetres are too small and metres too large for daily human use. The Imperial measurements are of Roman origin and scaled from human body measurements, which is the reason most people find them more "natural" than SI units.

thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:58 pm

Kifle wrote: Our language is stupid and our mesuring systems are stupid. Can we as a country be anymore arogant?

Holy crap dude, Canada is just a stone's throw away if you don't like it.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:27 pm

Kifle wrote: Can we as a country be anymore arogant?

Sure, if we were England or France. Both of whom think they are better because their culture is "old". You know, despite the fact that our culture split off from theirs, and is therefore just as old.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”