Terrible Titles (Again)

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Gormal
Sojourner

Terrible Titles (Again)

Postby Gormal » Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:48 pm

[45 Cle] Noliez ULTRA CLERIC! Blood Raiders (Drow Elf)

ok blood raiders...whoever your leader is needs to get some restraint here. This isn't Duris. Your guild has the worst collective set of titles on this mud. Everyone talks about it...goodies and evils alike... or staff should take some action (as they promised a while ago) and make you guys conform to some sense of roleplay.

sorry for the semi flame but the truth hurts sometimes.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:07 pm

I am soooooo glad somebody else brought this topic up, although I pay little attention to the evil titles. Some of the goodie titles are pretty gauche. I really like these people, but some of them are just really, really gaudy. The one that basically reads "I'mTryingToBeSexuallySuggestiveForTheAttention" aside, the colors seem to be getting more and more garish, like it's mating season in the insect world and everybody's trying to outdo everybody else.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, go ahead and call me anal. I togged my RP off finally because there just didn't seem to be much of a point. Sigh, I need some chocolate.
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:33 pm

The Admins of sojourn try to keep the titles somewhat reasonable. Everytime I have changed my title I have gotten a responce from a god either to help me fix it, say its wrong and needs to be changed or, tease me about it :P

Also the main leader of BLOOD RAIDERS isn't able to play sojourn at this time so please understand that blood raiders co-leaders are doing their best job to keep their guild
alive and breeding.

Rokub
Gakka
Sojourner

Postby Gakka » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:37 pm

The staffmember that allowed ULTRA CLERIC should bend over and be spanked. THE END

/Disoputlip
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:57 pm

Ash mentioned chocolate.. gimmie!

mmm.. chocolate
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:58 pm

Bah i thought this thread was called terrible titties.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:16 pm

What's wrong with evil tities again?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:56 pm

sok likes when girls show him their titties...go portland skeezers!
Kybrell
Sojourner

Postby Kybrell » Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:44 am

It's gotta be the curse of Gormal. I had a really awesome post typed a minute ago and I accidently changed screens and now I have to do it ALL over. So here I go.....
As usual it's Gormal and his "gentle flamings" that force me to respond and post on this board. Because it was my cleric's title that he mentioned I feel I must reply. [45 Cle] Noliez ULTRA CLERIC! Blood Raiders (Drow Elf) is me! Had anyone inquired as to what my title actually stood for I'd of gladly explained. I even thought the story was sort of funny that made me change my title. For those of you that may not see the obvious, I play an evil drow cleric. Drow clerics cannot see in the light at all unless the room is fogged. I was in a zone group and they kept teasing me about how my not being able to see in the light was holding up our exp and that they needed a "Non Ultra" cleric. Alas where the "Ultra" came in. And yes I am a cleric.. so uhhh see where that came from? Spell it Gormal.. U L T R A. Now Now there's a good boy. Sit down and be quiet now. Here's your bisquit.
But I also feel it's important that I mention something else. I agree with some people about the role playing aspect of titles. I don't think titles such as, (Lord I gotta go look and scroll back at what Asswishi said... sec) and I quote "I'mTryingToBeSexuallySuggestiveForTheAttention" titles should be allowed either. I think that as players we all have our own ideas about our characters. I was also around when Sojourn 1 was here. I do recall how much stricter the title making aspect of this game was and even though at times I thought it was harsh it was basically a good thing. I am tired of hearing people compare muds too. I think that some of the players there came up with some really awesome titles that did match their characters there. Role playing is important. People see their characters in different ways and should be allowed to title themselves as they see fit. Nothing stupid or vulgar. People are offended by even colors? Come on now. I have spoken with some God's a few times on matters concerning my titles. I feel that they have talked decently with me and treated me fair. I'm mainly talking about other players. Right before I was asked to alter or change my title by one of the co-leaders in my guild, I had recieved a tell from an under level 25 players telling me that he was sure what he was gonna say was going to offend me about my title but.... I was like rolling my eyes all over the screen. I'm straying off my point aren't I? In closing yes I think that we should stick to the role playing aspects of this game when it comes to title forming inside guilds. I don't think titles should have to be changed because others don't think they suit the specific character I am playing. Now if I had a title like Noliez "Beautiful But" or something then yes, I can see it needing replaced. Am I making any sense here?
Anyways... I could babble on and on but I think part of this may have made sense and gotten through.. If not then I feel better for calling Gormal names!
Hugz
Noliez Supa Cleric!
Roza
Sojourner

Postby Roza » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:40 am

I've seen some pretty scary titles on both sides of the fence, and i realize Noliez just happened to be the one singled out for this particular example, but ... i think she's right. She was in a zone and altered her title because of ultravision and daylight and all that happy stuff that goes along with playing some of the evil races. Technically this can be considered Role playing. She was reacting to a situation that she was in and altered her title accordingly..

I also agree with the fact that some do use inappropriate things in their titles, but from what i've seen the Gods have been pretty quick to squash it and have it changed.

Looks to me like everybody needs to take a minute and see if there might be a reason for the title b4 they jump and post on the bbs... Then again thats just my opinion and you know what they say.. Opinions are like a$$holes everybody has one.

Enjoy
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:00 am

Alrighty then, I'll share my a$$hole with you. oops, I mean opinion.

ULTRA CLERIC in bold, is stupid. My guild mates call me Gay in groups sometimes and crossdresser. does that mean I have a good 'RP reason' to change my title to "FAG RANGER" or "GAY TREEHUMPER" or "TRANSY RANGER" ? Alot of people call Gormal 'Wuss' (because its true, but hey) so is it cool if he changes his title to "WUSSLING MAXIMUS WARRIOR" or "PUSSKING" ?

C'mon. the title is lame. has no fantasy connotations to it no matter how much of a twist you put on it. Sorry you got singled out Noilez, but thats they way things go sometimes.

Personally i'd like to see the titles regulated more by the admins. . .but I had really hoped that we wouldn't have crap like this happen. O well.

Sure, I think its ok to change a title to something goofy for a little while, but having a perm title thats goofy ? nah. after the moment passes, change it back. Joke is over.

Lost
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:28 am

If you see an inappropriate title, the proper course of action is to petition and tell an Administrator.

We do not 'approve' every title, though we do see them being changed - if anyone is watching. Some bad ones are bound to slip by now and then...no need to get all in an uproar over it, just let us know and it'll be taken care of - if indeed the title is inappropriate.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:40 pm

Kybrell,
(Too damn lazy to pick the quote I wanted from your post :>)
While I do agree with you to a point about that being a valid RP reason for changing your title, I do have to disagree with you actually making it as a title.
I can understand about getting nicknames, and other fun, happy things like that, hell, I've done it before (My name and title on AstroMUD was Taegost Gramil - Clan Bitch) but, in keeping with the RP aspect of Sojourn, it could possibly be worded a little different.
You may see it one way, and us, having read your post and at least understanding your point of view, can see where you're coming from, it may have been done a little differently...
Maybe just Ultra Cleric
Without bold/!
But this doesn't apply to just you, I apply it to everyone. Anyone that has a silly/not-quite right title should think about it, and if you're not sure, set it as what you want, then ask over OOC or maybe even the NHC (To get the newbie opinion) what people's first impressions are.
Personally, even tho I have a fairly strong RP reason for having the title STUPER-DRUID(tm), I would never display it prominently on the BBS for everyone to scratch their heads and say "WTF?"
Anyhoo...
Just my $0.011
Time to go get my 2nd morning coffee so my brain can work Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:41 pm

hahahaha Kybrell, I nearly died when you tried to justify that title, you of all people know better :P

I think this title crap was brought up before, they really don't mean jack anymore, so let people have whatever they want. I think there might be 5 people who even try to RP.

I want to be VINDICATION! Then I can be a fat clown in Spawn! O some other silly title.

Vistari - Rainbow Bear - Northern Star
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:08 pm

Everyone knows that the coolest title you can get is 'Dagger of the Night'.

Yayaril
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:01 pm

No Yayawhatever,

The best title you can get was Tien's title-

Tien - The Ultimate Warrior!

If you played back then...

Ilshad

Serro, Elena, Brunthar had a few wacky titles....

Best name by far I liked was VANITY!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:09 pm

I haven't checked the goodie-guilds, since their always in light anyway..

But on evil-guild-titles, here's MY opinion..

1) O'D has great titles, the all-drow-names provide great rp..

2) CC has some decent titles, at least its a theme we are using Image

3) BR.. well.. no comments.. some just dont fit..
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:21 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
<B>I think this title crap was brought up before, they really don't mean jack anymore, so let people have whatever they want. I think there might be 5 people who even try to RP.

Vistari - Rainbow Bear - Northern Star</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for pointing that out. I think that's one of the points, guilds and titles used to be reserved for those who chose to roleplay, and were a very nice reward for the extra effort that was put forth. I've seen rave reviews of Sojourn that addressed that issue, how nice it was to play on a mud that kept a "theme," instead of logging on and seeing a couple dozen people who were all trying to outdo each other with the best badass title they could come up with.

Sojourn was once, without a doubt, the best RP MUD that existed. There are a lot of MUD's where you can go and get any title you want that you can dream up, but it would be nice to maintain some semblance of the fantasy world Sojourn is based in.

Ashiwi Autumnmoon -=Asswishi=-
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:41 pm

That was the past, now the DOOM generation is playing and it is hack hack hack! Yeah we killed it!

People like Haemos, Bjorte, Xioa, Stil, Tagad, Toddrick, Sylvan are the thing of the past now...

Enjoy! SPELLUP!

Oh, I totally believe the mud has been pushed this way, having so many caster classes now needed just for tank spellups does nothing but makes group largers which makes the founding ground of role-play near impossible.

Crap, need displacement, blue, stone/dragonscales/protection from evil/good/armor/bless/elemental embodiment ect ect blah blah.

Ilshad
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:50 pm

"the phat lewts!" haha. Sometime I will post up something wherein someone tried to RP, I tried to RP back, and the rest of the group carried on a conversation about Korn music. It was kind of entertaining, in a wacked sort of way.

Titles. Ultracleric. Does this mean I should tell someone to inguild me and title me -Funky Chicken-? After all, the entire name is based on a joke about druids being able to shapeshift into chickens, which in an RP sense is technically possible. Would it make sense for Xolan the mighty elementalist mage to be titled -the Duck- since he always emotes polymorphing himself into one?

I think we have lost something in the transition here...
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:18 pm

Roleplayers have always been a minority as long as I have been on this MUD.

That said, we have tried very hard to create an environment which is conducive to roleplaying - as opposed to forcing RP, which I cannot remember anyone actually liking when it was done in the past.

The assoc system was streamlined so that more people could form guilds and hopefully be inspired to roleplay. We have three gods who do nothing but run RP quests. We also have a Stories forum with over 400 messages, some of them very excellent RP stories. There are more things planned for the future to enhance roleplay.

The bottom line is, all the staff can and will do is provide the environment - it is up to the players to seize the initiative and roleplay.

And, Ilsha, your comment about casters is rather baseless as near as I can tell. Group sizes are often smaller than they were in years past, and the mage classes are designed to provide a variety of classes to pick from. You don't need all 5 Mage classes anymore than you need all Warrior or Priest classes in a group.

As to the current discussion, would it really be better to have all guilds regulated as they were in the past? Should everyone suffer and be forced to wait forever for their guild/title because a few people aren't as good at roleplaying as you?

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Pock!
Sojourner

Postby Pock! » Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:58 am

Haha Ilsha got 0wNz3riZ3d!

Btw, who the fuck still plays DOOM?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:46 am

Make only lieutenants and leaders able to change titles. That way you have people who should be somewhat responsible.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:58 am

the best title was

[39 nec] mezil vice president of twinks r' us

thanks mystra, im still laughing at that one.

as for rp, i sure as hell dont want to be forced to rp, or have someone telling me i dont rp well enough. i dont like the blood raider titles, they are bright and happy go lucky. but, i bet their guild chat is a hell of a lot more fun and intersting than every other guild out there. they are having fun being silly the same way a lot of you are having fun being fantasy rp'rs or l33t eq hoarders or quest masters.

stop trying to make everyone conform to your view of what is and is not rp, and what is or is not fun.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 02-07-2002).]
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:07 am

Nice to see Gods still Flame!

Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:14 am

Who flamed who where? *scratch*

-Todrael
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:35 am

Ya know, I was in a guild once. I was Vigis -Hunter- Pride of the Sabertooth. I was happier than a pig in sh*t the first time I was approached to join. This is the first and only mud I have ever played, and the first fantasy book I ever read was Streams of Silver by R.A. Salvatore. I fell in love with fantasy after that. So, after I had learned how to do things on the mud (about level 13 or so) I togged the rp. Pride was a RP guild. No doubts about it. Yes, we were somewhat lax, but you had to quest in order to join (dunno if you still do) had to bring a sacrifice that you and you alone had killed (the harder, the better) and had to group with every elder in the clan before you were accepted. After being accepted you had to go on 3 months probation before you could get a new title other than Hunter, Seeker, (gawd what WAS the one for conjurers?) Anyhow, after passing the probationary time you got the title of your totem. (trust me, if there had never been a wipe, I would prolly still be arguing for Wolverine Image )
Now, I am not the best Roleplayer, when I am using gsay and when I am using tells, I generally don't rp. Why? Becuz you cannot do any of those things in reality (unless you are a squid) It is impossible for somebody half a world away to hear you, therefore gsay is !rp. So, those of you who ask for rp only guilds should prolly ask for a gag on your gsay and your tells.
The main thing I guess I am trying to get across here, is that I REALLY enjoyed it when the criteria for guilds was more strict and I actually believe that in order for a guild to exist, there should be something in the charter that has limitations for titles. I just agree that some are getting out of hand. I apologize for the extremely long rambling, but I honestly couldn't figure out which point I wanted to illustrated. Hrm. . . .next time I am going to draw up an outline Image
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:53 am

No one says you have to roleplay...but just like your name cant be "DumbshitTroll" you should have to have titles that don't demonstrate your third grade education level.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:12 am

hehehehe I contemplated starting a post myself on stupid titles...

But even i held back at throwing shit at other people for having their own idea of flare or originality. I totally agree SOME of the guild titles are so fucking stupid!!!!

Some may be well suited to wearing:
->Selfish wanker<
->Stinkless shitter<-
->Egomaniac<-
->Bigmouth nobody<-
->Foot-in-mouth spreader<-

Tho personally if some dork wants to believe others see him as the ->Ulimate Monkey Spanker<- then i guess that is their problem and our right to piss ourselves laughing at them.

Jasix Prowlingwolf ->Needs to shut the fuck up<- Clan Prowlingwolf
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:22 am

Nice to see retired players still troll.

Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:42 am

let them express themselves! What can it hurt, your eyes?? (well, yeah some of them)

its the only way people can break out and be unique .. as long as it isnt lewd, crude or otherwise socially unacceptable .. let them be!!!

-Jenny's 2 coppers
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:13 pm

*wink* Shev

I'm not finished, not yet at least!

Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:14 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pock!:
<B>Haha Ilsha got 0wNz3riZ3d!

Btw, who the fuck still plays DOOM?
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do, Quake sux

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:43 pm

Personally I'm a minimalist, but hey, that's just me.

Live and let live, but do be mindful young jedi.

Toplack
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Karikhan:
<B>its the only way people can break out and be unique .. as long as it isnt lewd, crude or otherwise socially unacceptable .. let them be!!!
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That always tickled me, the idea that somebody could only express themselves through the way they dressed, spoke slang, spelled the English language. There are people on this mud that are very much unique, yet still have no titles. They have their own individual personalities which shine through, both the ones who are a pleasure to be around, and those who tend to grate. If you're relying on your title to express who you are, that's pretty sad, don't you think?
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:50 pm

Ilshad-
I think that was VIOLATOR you're talking about?
I dunno who else had it, but I know Mikar had "The Ultimate Warrior" title as well. Also, I don't know of Mikar = Tien, so we might be talking about the same person.

Kybrell/Noliez-
Come on man, you know your title was bunk. And please, no more posts filled with "Lemme-throw-a-ton-of-sentences-up-there-that'll-make-people-forget-what-I'm-talking-about-so-they'll-leave-me-a-lone!" spam in them.

As for Blood Raiders, they appear to be suffering from greater problems than a lack of quality RP titles or their original leader being in jail. Let's hope and wish them well that things come around.

Gormal-
I thought it was set that only lieutenants and guild leaders could title people? I am uncertain if this is the case, could someone in a guild please clarify?

Vigis-
Although it is a noble gesture in the cause of RP to tog tells, it unfortunately creates more problems for the individual player than it enhances their RP. My personal opinions on whether players can/should RP in tells and gsays is another matter. If you wish to know it? Feel free to email me. Image

-Caedym (I'm seeing enough of the "I'm a good RP'r cuz the only time I RP is when the staff is questing me.." attitude to make me sick) Shadowhock
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:54 pm

I think Vigis was not saying that you should tog tell, just that you should try to avoid using them in RP.

On most muds that enforce RP, tells are considered to be always OOC. This is just my observation.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:27 pm

Thanks for the warning Ilsha. Image

*duck*
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
That always tickled me, the idea that somebody could only express themselves through the way they dressed, spoke slang, spelled the English language. There are people on this mud that are very much unique, yet still have no titles. They have their own individual personalities which shine through, both the ones who are a pleasure to be around, and those who tend to grate. If you're relying on your title to express who you are, that's pretty sad, don't you think?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and no .. to some extent personality will shine through no matter the clothes, language usage, etc... but what harm (once again) is a title?? Just to one's eyesight Image If a player choses to use his or her title to enhance their RP'ing .. so be it .. live and let live Image

Let us not forget the toggle ..

tog showtitles .. isnt that it???

-Jenlia -= Savak's Toy =- I N V I D I A
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:40 pm

Psst Ilsha...you mean...

Serro Jerro -Warlord- Legion of Chaos?

*snicker*

There were some really dumb titles...like Tien's...his ansi was even worse than Jalahon's. But then again there were some really spiffy titles...most were from the folks who actually took the time out and the pride in their char to write an RP story.

My current title is in Drow...which is To'Ryll Avuna (Green Fury). Everyone's title in Orbdrin D'oloth is drow-based....no common language titles are allowed.

Anyway just thought I'd respond to Ilsha and his old school speakings!

*wink*

Deathmagnet
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:20 am

I still think you shouldn't be able to set a title. If you're in a guild, and haven't written an RP story, your title should be 'member of such an' such' not 'Big Smasher of This an' That'

Kazas (Eidolon) Blood Raiders
I chose that under protest. I wanted to leave it member of.

Barring a change like this, I think that titles should be at least policed a little more. It doesn't matter if RP is enforced or not, titles should be a luxury.

[This message has been edited by Kuurg (edited 02-08-2002).]
Kybrell
Sojourner

Postby Kybrell » Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:25 pm

It's me again Margaret!
First of all I want to say that Ilshadrial is a a a lemme think of a good name for him hehe. Also I owe him a swat!
Sheverash made a good point with the comments about rp. They (Gods) do whatever they can to make a rp enviroment for those of us that choose to use it. I personally know I am not a very good rp.
What Karikhan said about letting people express their own selves when it comes to titles was a sensible comment. I also agree that if this was allowed there would be limitations about what titles can say. I just stand by what I said in my earlier post about individual creativity.
I do feel I need to mention something I noticed this morning. I know it just happened to be by last title that got this whole post started but I just was doing a who on the goodie list and I noticed something. Ultra was offensive and yet there is no mention of the "Kings"?
Anyway and it's ok that I got singled out by Gormal. It's because I think he loves me or something and likes to type who noliez all day =P
Klurg
Sojourner

Postby Klurg » Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:59 pm

Everyone is entitled to a opinion but I don't see any written policies on guild titles which I wish there was. I would also like to see leaders being the only ones that can change em. But to point the finger at someone like gormal did is totally unnecessary not to mention rude. Why is there a need to hang people out on the forums? everyone can see our bad titles anyone can complain to the gods. I see no need whatsoever to post about it on this forums at least not in the way it was. Thats all.....

/Klurg Thunderbelly
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Feb 09, 2002 5:45 pm

But public ridicule is so much more fun Image
Zsasz
Sojourner

Postby Zsasz » Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:58 pm

Titles....

Well it seems to me that the title should be based on the guild...it's the guilds themselves that should have a good rp founding. For example if noliez were in OD I'd say her title was terrible...doesn't fit the mindset. wouldn't make sense really, OD is much much more structured.

However noliez is part of a tribe really.
I could see a bunch of trolls sitting around a campfire, planning their raid, and in walks her Unholiness, Noliez, High priestess of Lolth,
servant of darkness, Blight of the dark. I could then see the trolls confused over this and simply cheering their secret weapon on...their ace in the whole. A drow who will help them pillage drow artifacts...their ultra cleric. It's probably all they could really manage on their limited intellects...no offense trolls of the world out there.

I think as long as it fits the guild it should be fine. well that and it's not offensively dirty in nature. I mean would Funny man be an inapropriate title for a bard? isn't there the blue mage in grey hawk?

I mean i could probably hear tons of people hearing that title and shouting Blue wizard has reflective shot! As long as the guild itself isn't crazy most titles should just find themselves. Plus realisticaly in any rp system or world you will have the same diversity as in real life. I mean if I'm walking down the street I can usually hear some gospel being spouted about the lord and how my soul is in jeapordy....one person thought they were an exorsist in the lords name...EXORCIST??? what the hell?? I can boggle at it...think it's crazy myself...but it doesn't mean it can't be found. If she wants to call herself ultra cleric I say let her...Maybe she's just plain nuts. who knows...if you limit the diversity of choices then you limit the rp experience.

Then again...without limiting it things can get out of hand...so I say..you see a title you don't like...challenge the person to a dual in the arena...heh resolve it honorably and have fun. Maybe if you kill that ultra cleric 20 times there they will stop thinking they are ultra. It's a fine line that is walked between allowing people the diversity of having their choice but at the same time...seeing a standard set. And so far, I think everyone is doing a pretty good job. Not too many wacked out titles and just enough of them in there to make me wanna grind some bones and say...BLEH...no stone for YOU!!!

Just my two cents, well since i rambled so much maybe 3

------------------
The problem with the world is that everyone
is a few drinks behind.
> --Humphrey Bogart
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 09, 2002 9:35 pm

ROFL

When was the last time you read a serious fantasy story where the trolls used words like "ultra?"

Sorry, that just giggled me.

Cherzra busts down the door with an inhuman savagery.
Cherzra roars, the sound causing the rafters to shake.
Cherzra says, "Pardon me, but do you have any grey poupon?"
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Feb 09, 2002 10:40 pm

rofl :P

Cherzra RIBBED, FOR -HER- PLEASURE Crimson Coalition (Troll)
Zsasz
Sojourner

Postby Zsasz » Sat Feb 09, 2002 11:15 pm

ROFL!!

Now then...you consider ULTRA a hard big word?

note--> I did say probably all they could handle on their limited intellects.

what do you consider serious fantasy novel?

I mean is it a novel that had a good drow? I mean gasp how un-rp they are evil it's in their description
they are not even allowed into the ranger class how the??

There is a short story about a goblin pacifist/intellect...I think was F.R. but unsure would need to look for short story again.

yup diversity is the spice of life. Enjoy it.

Even more to the point...When i want to rp...I table top. I sometimes RP on soj3 but rarely anymore. Soj3 is mainly either..

a: exp
b: a game of tactical strategy
c: a meeting place to talk with friends
d: a means of escaping the harsh reality of our meaningless lives and no longer be automatons of society meant to consume, reproduce and expire.

note...not much rp...though we do enjoy the illusion of it here. I mean I enjoy nothing more than playing my paladin and chit chatting with the mobs and such...they're usually not talkative but once in a while. Petting the ducks is nice too. Donating money..though could only really give it to the peasants and then people come and kill them....hope they got caught. ah I'm babbling again i think i'm trying to avoid work..spit.

------------------
The problem with the world is that everyone
is a few drinks behind.
> --Humphrey Bogart
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Feb 10, 2002 4:41 am

well...this thread is really going nowhere. There are apparently so many people out there who are completely clueless as to the restrictions on titles or what consitutes something that isn't crap.

your title isn't supposed to change all the time...at least thats part of the "rules", once you decide on a title it should stay. Your title should conform to the fantasy realm...just like your name cant be certain things your title can't be Soopa Twink! or something else that is using today's slang or something.

Your ansi is supposed to be easy on the eyes...your "roleplay" in this sense as some of you use to hide behind needs to take a back seat to good taste...as some of you have absolutely none.

Even if you don't roleplay, it should fit the general roleplay scheme...Its hard for those that do roleplay to do so in a global enviornment where someone is essentially shouting "I"M THIRTEEN YEARS OLD!"

Suck it up, stop whining about your "freedom to do what you want". Stop bullshitting about roleplay when you know it doesn't mean shit to you and remember that titles have ALWAYS been backed by not only god approval but pages of writing...whether a story or charter...omg they used to MEAN something...have a little pride.
Roza
Sojourner

Postby Roza » Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:01 am

Good lord, Gormal take a deep breath..

Breathe in

Hold it

Breathe out

Good boy now repeat as needed...

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”