Whats the problem with some NEW evils?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Whats the problem with some NEW evils?

Postby Jegzed » Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:26 pm

I've been gone for a few months, but this attitude from some new evils sickens me.

Today I even got refused to join an exp-group from some evils.. Cause it was FULL?
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:32 pm

Them must be goodies in disguise infiltrating the evil side for us.
ROARRRRRRRRRR.
Gakka
Sojourner

Postby Gakka » Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:59 pm

Hmmmmmm, it wasn't me, but can you just briefly explain what is wrong with saying no to a person to XP. I easily accept if people say now to me because there already is a cleric in the group.

/Disoputlip (hmmm, ill go make my own username)
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:12 pm

Uh oh, trubble's a brewin.

Yayaril
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:15 pm

Right here in drow city
With a capital "T"
And that rhymes with "P"
And that spells "pool!"
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:30 pm

Gakka:

I think what Jegzed is noting in this case is that there is no problem with saying something like "No, we are trying to keep this small" as opposed to "No, we are full."

In general though, a great many of the new evils have a radically different attitude and approach the MUD in a fundamentally different way from the way evils would operate on old Sojourn2.

Mainly it has not been a positive change.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:</font><HR><pre>Yay! my first post. Nevermind what Gakka wrote. I know what Jegzed meant, it was plain stupid to ask for pinpoint.

/Disoputlip bloodmace</pre><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:19 pm

Jeg .. don't know exactly what happened in the group, but you KNOW I have spots for you, anytime, and day, anywhere Image

My baby enchanter needs a tank ... so look up Telina when you are on as the Ogre...

(Target FLIND!!!!!!)

-Jen

[This message has been edited by Karikhan (edited 02-21-2002).]
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:19 pm

Oohh.. I better make some popcorn for this thread Image
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:26 pm

Why is that, Rylan?? Lately we have had an influx of new people, mostly (we suspect) goodies rolling evils to see what life on the wild side is like ...

Nothing we can't handle Image

-Ambar
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:59 pm

Haha, goodies turning evil, attitude problems? they will adjust! I did. Bring more goodies over to our side. As for the exp group thing, im clueless, lost and in another world. Jaznolg always been nice to me!! Image

Evil; its the way to be!
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:57 am

It's not an evil xp group if there aren't 30 evils in 2 groups on the ship to HP
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:52 am

y'know it's prob a group of friends who played goodies and switched to evils. maybe they dont want to include anyone else. do they have to? er, no?

maybe it's a group of goodies making evils so they can pharm the phat lewtz on this side. hell who knows. my only gripe with anyone who plays this game is why the fu*% are you anon? anon is BS.

thankyoudrivethru!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:31 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grintor:
y'know it's prob a group of friends who played goodies and switched to evils. maybe they dont want to include anyone else. do they have to? er, no?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nopes, the dork leading asked plenty of other people.
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:46 am

Grintor, I tog anon with a certain character cause I dont want peeps to know what level i am, I like to play the game solo too, and dont want people to think i am rude for not answering questions. I feel tog anon is annoying too, but so are goodies. Chow!!

Grp...is your friend....Grp....Grp.....
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:47 am

They just don't like you, Jegzed.

Yayaril
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:05 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>They just don't like you, Jegzed.

Yayaril</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats all fine, but I wasn't the only one. He had the same response to every friend of someone in the group asking after the first five.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:39 pm

You can come group with me, Jegz. I'm on as ... well ... as Ashiwi.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:49 pm

Jegzed's patented response to a request for a friend to join his exp group::

Do i look like a goodie.

Its a shame to see, but im temporarily retired anyway. No more Blungs running around 14 low levels for DK exp.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
Its a shame to see, but im temporarily retired anyway. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

feh come back
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Fri Feb 22, 2002 4:05 pm

too many RP's to farm in DAOC!
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Feb 22, 2002 4:20 pm

No kidding DAOC is addictive but im sure ill burn out on it eventually. ill be back before too long im sure.
Roza
Sojourner

Postby Roza » Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
Thats all fine, but I wasn't the only one. He had the same response to every friend of someone in the group asking after the first five.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he said no to everybody at least he wasn't pulling favorites like most ppl do. Image
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:58 pm

Elseenas...the attitude between Toril and Soj2 was dramatically different too. Of the original evils that regularly played on Toril...myself (Targsk), Turg, and Krolb/Klagg are the only ones remaining. Well there may be some others out there that I don't know of, but from what I do know.

I've become highly displeased with the attitudes people have had lately towards one another, thus why I am not playing as much as I have been. I have far more better things to do with my time than be told I'm stupid and that I don't know what I'm talking about from people who just started playing *this wipe or on Soj2*. I don't demand for respect from others in the groups that I'm in. However, I do ask to be at least acknowledged when I give opinions over gsay etc.

I know that a big % of the evils this wipe and Soj2 consisted of former goodies. However, they (not all) need to learn that evils do things differently, and that the "me first" attitude needs to go...but I may be just an old fogey who's being stubborn to change. I hope not.

I just miss the comraderie we used to have and the unselfishness and helping out of one another. It still exists, but not nearly so much as it was on Toril. Don't mind me if you hate me or don't give a shit, I'm just expressing my sincere concern for the way things are becoming.

Deathmagnet
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:21 pm

I think the whole communal quality people attribute to evils is a fallacy in general. I don't doubt the existence of that community at one time, however- it was a product of the 'people' and not simply the fact that they were evils. If you want to live in the communal society you once loved in the past, then I highly suggest you seek out the people who follow those same ideals and quit generalizing that it is inherent to evils.

Yayaril

[This message has been edited by Yayaril (edited 02-22-2002).]
groguk
Sojourner

Postby groguk » Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:24 pm

while i have never been one of the bigger or well known trolls, i did play both sojourn2 and toril and have generaly found the evils to be a very helpful bunch of people, more than willing to go out of there way for you. i am sure there are a few bad apples but the proverbial bushel is very friendly. i cant really comment on goodies as have hardly played them at all.
draccus
Sojourner

Postby draccus » Sat Feb 23, 2002 1:20 am

You might remember my posting a question about switching from goodie and acceptance. My girlfriend was interested in going evil again - something about once you go evil you never go back. (excluding Targsk of course).

Well, we talked about the subject of this thread quite awhile. Understand she started mudding when I did, on Toril. Both of us Duergar. First Mud, first characters. Ppl like Trio, Kalty, DJ took care of (with a host of others). It was tough, zones were slim compared to today, No IX, or Brainstem it was UD xp the hardway and all the other evils took us to school. Each player was a valued player.

</nostalgia on>
When Kalty one day gave me a garnet mask for my caster I was so proud I told ppl at work. Took 4 minutes to exalt my pride and 4 hours to explain wtf I was talkin about. Two days after HP went in Kalty drug us there, 1st time out of the UD. We were comrades, each and all duergar. No matter the difference in levels or skills. How I regret we never finished Clan Doomshackle.
</nostalgia off>

Rach and I decided those days are gone.

Why?

I think because SOJ3 is !wipe. I hate wipes myself. But at some point all the heavy players reach a saturation point on a !wipe mud where they leave their normal enviroments and explore new ones. It always happens in muds, but more so when you can level a goodie to 50 in less than 20 days once you have one Char to 50 and can gear another. Pretty soon you have explored the classes you find interesting - next is races.

Sometime in the near future you will probably find that the evil side is very closely related to the goodie side.

As time goes on the two will blend so much you cant unravel the two.

You are seeing the begining of that now.

There once was a true seperation in the player base. Now it reminds me of the day they put squids in and about 40 appeared wearing suedes leveling like mad. In the end, they disappeared because it was more difficult than they thought. As the mud stays !wipe and each player gains more and more eq and expereince resources everything gets easier. Ppl with different philosophies on muding are going to cross over to explore.

Fact of life, accept it or go fookin nuts.

My 2cents... btw Rach does play a bit. A yuan elementalist. Just made it to DK for the first time. Very impressed with the necromancers kindness on the evil side!
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Feb 24, 2002 12:39 am

*peer draccus* who are you?

I played Targsk long before I ever played Yasden (since 1995, Yasden was created in 97). I started playing the monk cause Kanthas wanted more firepower for zones and upcoming Tiamat run he was planning. So of course, I got OC'd...but then started doing stuff with other folks and that was how I made friends on the goodie side. After a while though I got bored with just assisting and not really *doing* anything in a group of any kind but assisting, chanting heroism...so I brought Targsk out of retirement before Toril shut down.

Next wipe I played a human invoker mostly to try them out...and got wrapped up in rl a lot and never managed to even make it to 40th. Feh, crossover my ass.

Deathmagnet
draccus
Sojourner

Postby draccus » Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:08 am

Oops, Sorry Yas erm Targsk!

Kinda looks like you got singled out and could read my post the wrong way.

The only reason you were excluded in that previous post was that Rach made the statement "Once you go evil you never go back.." was kinda a sexual innuendo. You were excluded because you mark your territory by raising your leg and pissin!

However, its on my list of RP highlights!

D

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”