Gormal Go Bye Bye

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:20 am

we dont wear prison uniforms anymore we switched to docker type pants and blue shirts and call them *utilities*... and coveralls are a uniform now .. no longer issued by supply .. groan

we look like gas station attendants now :P
lot of new uniform changes in the last few years ... women in crackerjack whites now .. complete with neckerchief...and yeah cammies/greens are standard on carriers now ..cant speak for other vessels

[This message has been edited by Karikhan (edited 02-13-2002).]
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Feb 13, 2002 12:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Karikhan:
<B>we dont wear prison uniforms anymore we switched to docker type pants and blue shirts and call them *utilities*... and coveralls are a uniform now .. no longer issued by supply .. groan

we look like gas station attendants now :P
lot of new uniform changes in the last few years ... women in crackerjack whites now .. complete with neckerchief...and yeah cammies/greens are standard on carriers now ..cant speak for other vessels

[This message has been edited by Karikhan (edited 02-13-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I could never imagine that... Hehe, cammies on ship... 'course, I've never worn them, so I dunno...
I still have my utilities and dress blues, and I use the coveralls all the time when I'm helping my brother with wood or work on my car Image
Hey, at least those pants can be used in emergencies as flotation devices Image
And I agree about the Crackerjacks, they're annoying as hell, especially when you're doing a balls-4 that you forgot about, and have to button all 14 buttons, plus put it on right-side out, which is no small feat by itself Image
Question: Why are there 14 buttons on the crackerjacks? (Everyone keeps forgetting about that extra one to hold them all together)

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:51 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taegost:
<B> Wow, I could never imagine that... Hehe, cammies on ship... 'course, I've never worn them, so I dunno...
I still have my utilities and dress blues, and I use the coveralls all the time when I'm helping my brother with wood or work on my car Image
Hey, at least those pants can be used in emergencies as flotation devices Image
And I agree about the Crackerjacks, they're annoying as hell, especially when you're doing a balls-4 that you forgot about, and have to button all 14 buttons, plus put it on right-side out, which is no small feat by itself Image
Question: Why are there 14 buttons on the crackerjacks? (Everyone keeps forgetting about that extra one to hold them all together)

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

14 chances for a girl to say no (ROFL)

i guess i mis-spoke .. women dont wear the pants with the buttons .. just the jumper tops and neckerchiefs .. so it's not that bad ..
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Karikhan:
<B> 14 chances for a girl to say no (ROFL)

i guess i mis-spoke .. women dont wear the pants with the buttons .. just the jumper tops and neckerchiefs .. so it's not that bad .. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe, right on Image
Actually, I think they don't look too bad on the women.
Especially the coveralls... OMG... I remember my roommate and I would always leave the curtains open when we were in our room so we could see when all the women on duty would walk by in those things...
<drool>

------------------
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:58 pm

im officially a member of the united states navy. I ship no later then april 22 (thats the soonest they could gaurantee me in contract.)
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:38 am

ooo sweet .. what did you classify out as??
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:41 am

Karikhan, you should know Gormal can't tell you his classification. They have that "don't ask, don't tell" policy for allowing homosexuals like himself in the military!

Good luck, Nermal, decode something for me.

Dornax
Jurdex
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:52 am

Jurdex tells you 'http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001215-2.html'
Jurdex tells you 'owned'

sigh...i laughed goonda too.

class= CTR
going in as an e-2 working hard to get e-3 before i leave for basic
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:10 am

gratz gormal.
Figure out how you can mud while doing stuff for the navy now :P
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:14 am

crypto.. nice...

whats your enlistment bonus??

hell i been mudding for YEARS while in the navy (and still excel at my job:P)

called in late this AM cause i hadda posta message .. rofl

lie to them all Gorm .. tell them that the navy offers single luxury apartments while in boot camp .. you will get e-3 in no time Image
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Fri Feb 15, 2002 6:11 am

ROFL!
And don't forget to mention the all expenses paid trips to Sightseeing spots all over the world! They even supply you with a *little* spending cash!

You'll get new recruits lining up in no time!

HEHE

Kallinar
MOO Navy!
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:30 am

ROFL! Yeah can't forget those *Mediteranean Vacations* !!!!

And on luxury cruise liners, too!! The bowling alley on the cruise ships are small .. but they are situated right between the movie theater and the Five Star Restaraunt!

........... It's NOT Just a Job!!
Cardolan
Sojourner

Postby Cardolan » Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jurdex:
Good luck, Nermal, decode something for me.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I the only one who expects Nermal's gunna hand in a decoded message to his superiors that includes things like "gewnda" and "@once" in the plain-text version? Image

They're gonna need another crypto just to decode Nermal-ese!

--
Cardy

"Sir, the Chinese are mobilizing gewnda, we should move @once!"
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 16, 2002 3:02 am

i got a 5000 enlistment bonus plus 20,000 from the gi bill. I plan to have my degree finished before I get out so I opted for the enlistment bonus over the 20k college fund.

I have a 5 year hitch at the moment...and as it stands my re-enlistment bonus will be...very nice...something like 20,000 to re-enlist for 4 years. enjoy!
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Feb 19, 2002 12:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
<B>i got a 5000 enlistment bonus plus 20,000 from the gi bill. I plan to have my degree finished before I get out so I opted for the enlistment bonus over the 20k college fund.

I have a 5 year hitch at the moment...and as it stands my re-enlistment bonus will be...very nice...something like 20,000 to re-enlist for 4 years. enjoy!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little known trick... Your enlistment is only 4 years, but it's a 12 month extension...
You actually can re-enlist when your "enlistment" is up, which is the 4 years.
So, instead of putting in 9 years, you do 8, and still get the bonus Image
From what I understand, I had a Chief at Great Mistakes that was telling me about that...
BTW, you're going to be in Pensecola for school, right?
And it's too bad you're leaving too late, I'm gonna be out in Waukegan in July, which is about 8 miles from the base, and I still have my DoD sticker, I coulda showed you around Image

------------------
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Feb 19, 2002 1:15 pm

Feh all these squids Image wheres the army love???!

Airborne!
Kybrell
Sojourner

Postby Kybrell » Tue Feb 19, 2002 1:39 pm

Dam you Gormal!
If you're leaving who in the heck am I going to make fun of?! This is totally depressing to me. I even get to try out new names on you!
Regardless be safe in whatever you choose.
Kybrell/Noliez/etc
Tesil
Sojourner

Postby Tesil » Tue Feb 19, 2002 1:45 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ensis:
<B>Feh all these squids Image wheres the army love???!

Airborne!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Army?! Pfffhht! Marine Corps! Image
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:05 pm

I'm with ya E!

Combat Engineer

"There are very few problems in this world that cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives."
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:52 am

It isnt a *trick* ... you can always re-enlist 12 months (might be 18) out from an EAOS .... but the time starts when his 5 years are up ... i

also ... re-enlistement bonuses are ALWAYS better when received in a tax-free zone ... a lump sum of 10K is better than a lump sum of 10k-taxes (unless i do my math wrong:P)

little bit of advice from me, tho .. never listen to *sea lawyers* .... talk to your career counsellor when the times arises

hell he still gotta get over the taking orders from senior people ordeal

Recruit gormal .... cockroach position and stay there!!!!! (lie on your back with hands and feet raised perpendicular to the ground)

Recruit gormal ... NO we dont NOT accept letters from your mother for excuse notes from PT ...

Recruit Gormal .. you are SUCH a WUSS boy .. did your momma raise any sons or just daughters!!!!

now DROP and give me 50!!!!!!!

what do you mean your boots arent shined ... cant shine your boondockers??? make the head shine instead!!!!!!!

rofl i almost became a RDC .. rofl ... i was up for orders last november .. they were looking for female RDC's ... i was thisclose ... they told me in fact that my slot was all ready for me...thank god i didnt go ... got waved medically ... stayed up mudding all night ... drinking coffee ... went in for the screening the next morning and my blood pressure was elevated ... had CR'd and fought with my sweetie that night ... rofl enough to raise anyones blood pressure (maybe i should add that to the *when mud things happen to you in real life* thread
(by the way my BP is normal .. it just was elevated from too much caffeine and no sleep) maybe i should thank the mud and Dajenken for my staying in the Norfolk area :P

kinda wish i had gone in a way ... that would friggin OWN bein gormie's RDC..giggle
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
im officially a member of the united states navy. I ship no later then april 22 (thats the soonest they could gaurantee me in contract.)</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gratz to you Gormal. Image

(quote from SNL: "The Navy. It's not just a job, its $78.56 a week")

g'luck to you

Nitania
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:47 pm

Hey Gormal,
Wait till WOG day!!! rofl... I can see Gormal being a WOG-queen!

L8r,

------------------
I am the only one who can make the words "Ummm, guys?" strike fear into any group.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nokar:
<B>Hey Gormal,
Wait till WOG day!!! rofl... I can see Gormal being a WOG-queen!

L8r,

I'm almost afraid to ask... WOG day?

------------------
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:50 am

dude, aren't you gone yet?
stop spamming me.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:30 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taegost:
<B> I'm almost afraid to ask... WOG day?

WOG .. Pollywog ... a person who hasnt crossed the equator yet...

when we are on our big ass boats and cross the equator .. we are given a big party with lots of fun things to do ... at the end of a long day of partying and fun in the sun .. we
*cross the line* and are now called Shellback ... it's Naval Tradition .. giggle

Good Ole Davy Jones Image
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Sat Feb 23, 2002 5:54 pm

YEAH! BIG party.rofl... I wont spoil it for you.. You'll grow to love and respect Navy Tradition. hehe But once its alllllll over you wont ever have to do it again. hehe hopefully you wont have to get your bluenose either =P AND DONT FORGET ABOUT THE BT PUNCH!!! That stuff is great and you can only get it on a ship. Man, hehe all the stuff I remember hehe danx guys for briefly taking me back to the good ol' days. Hey marge wanna take us to TJ, sure hop on. oh and btw. Don't give anyone outside of diego any spare change once you give some to one the rest will never leave you alone. And dont forget to visit gator gardens!!!

L8r,

------------------
I am the only one who can make the words "Ummm, guys?" strike fear into any group.
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Sat Feb 23, 2002 5:57 pm

Oh btw, pick me up a padeye wrench while your there I'll pay good for one =)

L8r,

------------------
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sat Feb 23, 2002 11:09 pm

I'll take a yard of flight line, please...

here.. hold this bag .. we need some exhaust samples ..

O man!! run into Maintenance Control .. I left the keys to the jet in there and the pilot will be pissed ...

-snicker giggle

-Jen
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:08 am

Oh gawd and did someone remember to mention all the damned new acronyms he is gonna have to learn?

Kallinar
COMBEEFPAC says Moo
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:08 am

ROFL!!!! or how about standing on the flight deck or an exterior porthole and having an in depth discussion with someone and a cherry about seeing the new navy experimental cgu11 or the b1rd. hehe =P man, those were the days. Days to where I could drink ALLLLLL night wake up the next morning and have no guilt and not worry about a asshole of a boss or worry about getting fired cuz he was the one you partied with. hehe. I think the navy was the best. alotta people give us crap about being squids but heres the catch to the rest of the military services and the navy.

The USMC---
1. their fighter jets have training wheels (the harrier)
2. we carry them everywhere.
3. USMC=Uncle Sams Mislead Cannonfodder
The army---
1. They think they have the most elite fighting force.
2. We build things better.
3. We dont need tanks to blow things up from a distance.
4. ARMY=Think about it, do you really need all those people in cammies marching around with guns or send in one seal team and be done with it.
The Airforce---
1. They think they have the best fighter jets.
2. AIRFORCE=Hrm... do they actually have combat troops? or combat pilots?
The National Guard---
well, they're 1 weekend a month 2 weeks a year =P

Coast Guard---
1. Our ships are bigger
2. Our ships can blow one of theirs up
3.We also have subs!

NAVY MEN DO IT IN THE WATER BETTER!

L8r,

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nokar (edited 02-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Nokar (edited 02-23-2002).]
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Feb 24, 2002 3:38 pm

rofl havent thought about the gu11 or the b1rd in YEARS .. rofl rofl

Navy MEN?? how bout Navy WOMEN!!!!!!

go ME!!

Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:13 pm

<B>rofl havent thought about the gu11 or the b1rd in YEARS .. rofl rofl

Navy MEN?? how bout Navy WOMEN!!!!!!

go ME!!

Boot-Camp Issued Ass...
All I'm gonna say Image

------------------
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:01 pm

O bite me :P

women OWN j00!!!! and you kow it!!!!
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Mon Feb 25, 2002 5:18 pm

<B>O bite me :P

women OWN j00!!!! and you kow it!!!!

Hehehehe, after boot camp they get better, I'll admit...
And yes, I do know it <sigh>
Of course, Gormal doesn't get to learn about the rotating G/fs...
Since he's going to Pensacola, and ATD is in Great Mistakes Image
That was one perk about being on that base, having the longest school there, and being about a block away from the 500 buildings Image

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”