Sojourn 3 Update: Areas

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:23 pm

I coulda sworn that in the drow fighting school, Melee M... somethin, that the drow warriors usually picked two weapons, mainly a sword and a dagger or dirk. If i remember correctly, the masters were curious because drizzt picked two similar sized sparring poles instead of varying the sizes. Just a thought....

Galkar
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Mar 03, 2001 12:40 am

Melee Magthere I believe. And actually a lot of drow used spiked bucklers. A small shield that can be used as a weapon.

And no, they were surprised at how gracefully he moved with the two weapons of equal length. note that Zaknafien, Drizzt's father, fought with two longswords, which are larger(not by much) than a scimitar. Also, Dantrag Baenre fought with two longswords as well, if I am not mistaken.

The whole thing with Drizzt is the coin test they gave him. He performed better than any warrior in the history of Menzoberranzan. Image

Mal

[This message has been edited by Malacar (edited 03-02-2001).]
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Mar 03, 2001 5:11 am

The frequent two weapons style could be just a Menzo thing that isn't universal to all drow. Menzoberranzen might be the biggest and most famous drow city, but other cities like Ched Nasad may well have different customs.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Mon Mar 05, 2001 6:33 pm

Menzo should be DROW only or UD race only...

No point to allow the other races to pillage the underdark when good race players are not allowed in the grey elf hometown, then again, the savage good race elves hate everyone...

I wonder what spanky vault items are going to be in menzo...(mahahaha)

I still think evil races are a joke on sojourn, they have it way to easy...jack up the aggros!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Mar 06, 2001 10:47 am

I'm gonna put a statue of Ilshadiral in my vault, dang it!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Mar 06, 2001 10:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
I'm gonna put a statue of Ilshadiral in my vault, dang it!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make it lootable, I want to have a statue of Ilsha in my silvery sack.

Jegzed pulls out a statue of Ilshadrial from his silvery sack.
Jegzed says, "feh, get online now!"
Jegzed bonks the statue on its head.
Ilshadrial enters the game.

*nod me*

/Jegzed bored at work, how could you tell?
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Mar 06, 2001 11:28 am

Yeah cool, let's see the drow do any of those hardass zones in menzo with drow tanks and no drow conjurers, bwahahaha.

There's another reason why elf town is elf only, namely it's a town. It's tiny. No zones. From what I understand, Menzo will have lots and lots of tough parts/mini zones/quests/big zones built in... that's a whole different story when deciding whether to bar all other evil races.

Cherzra troll ogre and snake power! Bow down to the surface evils!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”