Zalkenai boggles at the concept

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Zalkenai boggles at the concept

Postby Zalkenai » Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:16 pm

Once again I am confounded by the vastness of human stupidity. I cannot understand how we, as humans, can have such differing mentalities, when we are made up of the same basic genetic code. I am constantly brought to a breathtaking halt by the ignorant people in this world.

What is even more stunning, is that after explaining to these people what they did wrong, they know no other recourse than to lash out with puerile insults, because it is all they can muster.

To have been berated by someone with the mental capacity of mayonnaise... Brings forth an anger in my person that will remain forever unabated.

This post doesn't concern anyone on the mud, I just needed somewhere to rant, for actually talking to the person is completely useless.

Zalkenai

No keyboards were harmed during the making of this post

[This message has been edited by Zalkenai (edited 02-26-2002).]
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:59 pm

Hmm....

Try a 'boot to the head'

It works!
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:56 am

ROFL!

I thought about it...
retey
Sojourner

Postby retey » Wed Feb 27, 2002 3:00 am

Zalk,

Having been frustrated recently in what is most likely a similar fashion, these words come to mind:

Accept the things you cannot change; change the things you can; and acquire the wisdom to know the difference.

Easier said than done I know -- violence is often an easier and more pleasing option at times.

Stay chill,

Retey
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Wed Feb 27, 2002 3:14 am

Take it out on mayonnaise sandwiches.

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Wed Feb 27, 2002 3:44 am

zalkenai,

i hear ya man. i have delt with ppl like this a lot in my short life. Actually i am glad tho, cos i have learned how to argue really well and that is: not to argue. *shrug* it saves energy and annoyance. ppl sometimes just don't have the capacity to understand u or be open minded. sometimes, it'll make u laugh when u don't respond to someone that is really mad about something and keeps yelling on and on.....really they're kinda talking to themself (it makes them even more mad when u respond with "yea" or "uh huh" but ur laughing at the same time). then u point out to them that they're really mad and letting emotion control their logic. some ppl don't even realize that they are angry, and those are the really dumb ones. Image
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:29 am

hes talking about you muma
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:04 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by muma:
<B>zalkenai,
then u point out to them that they're really mad and letting emotion control their logic. some ppl don't even realize that they are angry, and those are the really dumb ones. Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dumb my ass, those are the really *drunk* people. Trust me.

Besides, I don't need to be angry to argue... yer wrong end of story Image

Twyl
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:13 pm

Make sure you don't ever get a job like mine with similar co-workers, bosses, underlings, etc. You'll shoot yourself. It takes a lot of patience and control to handle my boss, and keep myself from reaching out and bitch slapping him like he deserves.

People like that are breathing air the rest of us are going to need some day.

Galkar
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:38 pm

Just accept people for how they are, I do...

*chuckles to himself*
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:40 pm

for every time there is one you can't reason with there is five you can reason with.
Never forget them, they are the reason you don't kill yourself.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Disoputlip:
<B>for every time there is one you can't reason with there is five you can reason with.
Never forget them, they are the reason you don't kill yourself.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noooo, it just means that there is 1 dead mofo and 5 ones that live... For now...

------------------
Taegost L'Mirrahn - STUPER DRUID(tm)
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:14 pm

The few seconds of Pleasure I would receive from removing these people from the gene pool would be sure to get me talked about.... and not in a good way... in the he's in a bell tower with a high powered rifle kind of way.

So in the interests of maintaining my image of calm, cool, and collected, I refrain. Not that I'm not REALLY tempted sometimes.

Toplack *multi state killing sprees are for the weak* Frostbear
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gort:
<B>The few seconds of Pleasure I would receive from removing these people from the gene pool would be sure to get me talked about.... and not in a good way... in the he's in a bell tower with a high powered rifle kind of way.

So in the interests of maintaining my image of calm, cool, and collected, I refrain. Not that I'm not REALLY tempted sometimes.

Toplack *multi state killing sprees are for the weak* Frostbear</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pffft, getting caught shows your not really a man Image

------------------
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:21 pm

Nah Taegost,

I just still have this alien implanted homing device in me that makes it challenging to escape detection.

Toplack
Koldaz
Sojourner

Postby Koldaz » Sat Mar 02, 2002 2:11 am

I really take offense that you would talk about me in that manner.

You're Fired!

Koldaz/Koldar
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:21 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Koldaz:
<B>I really take offense that you would talk about me in that manner.

You're Fired!

Koldaz/Koldar</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're implanted in... wait. You... ok, I don't wanna know.

Remember: this state of affairs will continue until someone changes the System. Good luck.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gort:
<B>Nah Taegost,

I just still have this alien implanted homing device in me that makes it challenging to escape detection.

Toplack</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hrmmm, well, in that case you have an excuse... So, what you do instead is become a pseudo-mafia don...
Then, you get OTHER people to do your dirty work, and if someone knocks on your door, just say "Hey, it wasn't me"
And make sure you got that Shaggy song playing in the background, it REALLY ups your credibility! Image

------------------
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:19 pm

Taegost, you wouldn't believe the shit I've gotten away with by using the simple phrase "Wasn't me" That's why I wanted my halfling thief's last name to be Wasnme, but they wouldn't go for it.... I could have even written a really good story about it.

Toplack *I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse* Frostbear

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”