The Return...Part II

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
retey
Sojourner

The Return...Part II

Postby retey » Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:40 am

or Murphy's Mud Law.

Got a couple of e-mails lately wondering where the heck I've been, so I thought I would send a shout out to the evil underworld and let you all know Zet is A-OK.

A little background is in order, and here's where Murphy's Law gets involved:

Murphy's Law states that if something can go wrong, it will. This is where my fun began about two weeks ago. After returning to the mud from a five-year absence, yes, thats years, folks, I've finally leveled an enchanter to a useful level -- Zetey is 38. So Llaaldara is kind enough to ask me to join her crew on a zone trip (my first in quite some time), I believe it was Sahaugin.

This is where the fun begins -- after having excellent connections with my new dsl service and absolutely no major computer problems for the past few years, I begin to have trouble with Zmud. Nothing major, just very unstable. Llaaldara suggests I save my profile and do a quick reinstall of zmud -- good idea, the group thinks. Well, about 2 minutes into what should be a 3 minute reinstall, my computer actually goes *ZAP* I'm left staring at a blank screen (insert feeling of panic here). Sorry to all that I left hanging, believe me, it was unintentional.

12 reformats later -- hey, Im an operator, not a windows guru -- I think my computer is finally stable again. Turns out my father, who built the machine then handed it down to me, used incorrect AND outdated agp drivers when he did the last reformat. But everything appears to be fixed, according to our corporate IT guy who was nice enough to rebuild my PC. So while you guys were bickering about eq splits on the BBS, I was going through withdrawals after being teased with what was to be my first taste of zoning in quite some time.

So, I should be online again this weekend. Now, the question is where the heck am I? Anyone in Llaal's Sahaugin group a couple of weeks remember Zetey, the enchanter that voided? Am I in an area with aggros in my immediate vicinity? Hate to log on, get spanked and spend the next 3 hours asking people to help with a nasty CR.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience I caused the group. Hope to see you all online soon!

Zetey/Retey
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:35 pm

Oy, may luck be with you.

Toplack

------------------
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Apr 25, 2002 9:04 pm

comf...

if noone else taketh ya, Mori will!
Just... don't bring any irreplacable items.
Sargax
Sojourner

Postby Sargax » Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:09 am

Missed you the last little while! Hope you come back online soon Image
And I'm always willing to help!
*hugs*

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”