Above and beyond!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

Above and beyond!

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 20, 2001 10:01 am

Someone do something above and beyond the call of duty? Give them the kudos they deserve here!

[This message has been edited by Finder (edited 07-21-2001).]
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Fri Jul 20, 2001 10:19 am

I want to give everybody who helped with the CR 2 days back in UM2 (yeah the one with touk, me and a few others...) a _BIG_ hug.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Jul 20, 2001 10:43 am

I'd like to praise a Balor Demon's valiant effort in the face of overwhelming forces! It was in Jot, I was tanking it, it wasn't hurting me for 10 rounds in a row, then when it was awful it somehow cunningly managed to slaughter me to 100hp in 2 rounds, frying me as it exploded the round later! If you have to go out, go out with a bang!
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Fri Jul 20, 2001 11:50 am

Nokie has to put up with my annoying tells when ever I log on. That must be above and beyond. He is even nice about it. Image Ohh and the guy who gave me my first set of eq that came from split shield. woot. I even got a sword that had light on it.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Fri Jul 20, 2001 12:47 pm

I know there are a lot I missed, but Nokie's memory isn't very good (The reason I log everything now)

Daalgar: For letting me group with him when we were all little tykes. It didn't matter who was in the group, Daalgar let the useless under-par hitter (Nokie) hang with him and Marsak and Rylan and other cool people. Thanks Daalgar!

Hyldryn: Again for letting me hang out with him from the onset. Since we were all under level 10, Hyldryn had no problem letting people like me and Daalgar hang out with him. I still remember us fighting, and dying to on occasion the icky gnolls. Now we one-shot them Image And also of course, the countless hours on the pirate ship. Thanks Hyldryn!

Folur & Crew: For so much! For letting Nokie hang out with them in all of the cool adventures. For getting Nokie that neat-o straightback dirk and almost everything else Nokie is now wearing. And most importantly for Folur instructing the enchanters to globe and haste Nokie and the rangers before anyone else! *bounce*
I still remember sitting at the ferry down south near Havenport when Folur & a bunch of other bad-asses came by (I was super low level and never hang out with them at this point) and Folur out of the blue gave me those cool gnollskin moccasins! And Kalthanan unloaded a bunch of adamantium slivers on Nokie. Thanks guys!

Ykor: For answering all my questions about certain items. You're a wealth of knowledge!

Shauri: Shauri, Lirathal, Elarin, Meruin, etc whom I lovingly thought of as the crazy elves took Nokie in a long time ago and we had a lot of fun doing population control on the hugh buffalos and making the relaxing guards not-so-relaxing! Thanks for letting me enter your circle and group with you all those times!

[This message has been edited by Nokie (edited 07-20-2001).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jul 20, 2001 1:35 pm

Kaede
For being there for the younger elves on EM, for always trying to make sure they have what they need to make it, and more. For not only going out of his way to help me get some things I needed, but for looking at me, making the decision that I needed something, then asking me if I wanted to go get it. For including even the hopeless in the fun.
Thanks
Saren
Sojourner

Postby Saren » Fri Jul 20, 2001 2:59 pm

Another for Kaede....

By far the most thoughtful and generous person I have ever met on this or any other mud. He did the same for me on EM and has also helped me in other ways since I was freed from there.

A role-model in every capacity (except his wanting to do the arena vs me! *LOL*).

Saren/Lantinor
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Jul 20, 2001 3:19 pm

Ezzallixxell, Lazzraxxuum, Turg, Krolb, Cherzra, Sok, Blung and whoever has ever led a group with ME in it Image

/Jegzed
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jul 20, 2001 3:35 pm

to the people who i looked at as role models for my first couple of years as a newbie - grimlak, nuna, soljia, sok, diac and more.
to the dwarven conjy (tyaak?) who spent so many months helping me become less of a newbie. to players, like kaede, and the nameless, who go out of their way to make sojourn a fun place not only for the legions of hard core players, but for the infinite numbers of new blood that flows in sojourn.

I think a video game says it "the legend will never die"
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Fri Jul 20, 2001 3:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saren:
<B>Another for Kaede....

By far the most thoughtful and generous person I have ever met on this or any other mud. He did the same for me on EM and has also helped me in other ways since I was freed from there.

A role-model in every capacity (except his wanting to do the arena vs me! *LOL*).

Saren/Lantinor</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kaede Rules Image
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Jul 20, 2001 6:12 pm

All the hard working staff, who despite our constant nagging/bitching/whining/asking continue to work hard and for naught but the satisfaction of happy players. Thanks a lot.

Twyl
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Fri Jul 20, 2001 6:32 pm

I have to agree with Twyl on this one. There are countless players who have displayed generosity by sharing their items, time and knowledge. And to those people, I'm sure many people, including myself, are in your gratitude. But without the continual efforts (which mostly go unrewarded) of the gods, none of the generosity, greed, fun, frustration that we all love to comment on would be possible.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Fri Jul 20, 2001 7:13 pm

Good topic idea

To hyldryn and crew: Thanks for hours of shits and giggles. Sometimes it seems like yur the only peeps who consistantly include me in the fun. I really appreciate it. BTW the crew refers to ppl like rylan, nokie, daalgar, meruin, marsak, and the rest of that crazy group.

To the elves of evermeet: Ya know who ya are, but to rattle off a few: belleshel, kaede, mirlantharn, salen, almile, frensolith, faedril, etc etc. Been grouped with ya many times over the levels and we're all family. Thanks for the fun.

Izarek / Raevithar

[This message has been edited by izarek (edited 07-20-2001).]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Jul 20, 2001 7:20 pm

To Kaeldar: Thanks for sitting with me in Lava Tubes for over an hour to help me CR!

To Sarell: Ditto. Big thanks for loafing around Greycloak all those days and snatching the wings off the dragon when wretched thing finally popped!

To Dornax: For listening to my constant prattle with a wry grin on your ugly dwarven mug.

Yayaril
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Fri Jul 20, 2001 7:49 pm

thanks to me...who only seldom refuses to group with me.
Thanks also to me, who's shown me the ropes and taken me around different zones and hometowns.
And most of all, thanks to me, for the hours of inane prattle and mindless jibberish.

------------------
·Kuurg·
thrankon
Sojourner

Postby thrankon » Fri Jul 20, 2001 8:17 pm

to :

Lazz Turg : for draggin my charaters along with you to zone and xp even when u think the classes them selves are less then the could be.

Blungholio : for all the times hes helped me cr from stupid places i've died.

Cherzra : for pointing out everday that the classes are less then they could be Image

shifting squids : cause i hate to run anywhere.. especially ez and ice who have put up with me bitching for one more then anyone else.

Evils in general : for making video gamign fun again for someone who was so close to givin up on the world itself

thran
Ykor
Sojourner

Postby Ykor » Sat Jul 21, 2001 12:14 am

Ezz/Lazz/Yax - poke Rokub- Ice and Mezz - for all the shifts here to and yon...you guys ROCK - thnx

Cherzra/Blung/Turg - for the exp, hand me downs and other support eq...you guys ROCK and have tons of hitpoints to hide behind too! - thnx much

Jaz/Ezz/Ossis - thanks for stimulating my thoughts on quests and helping me with spells and knowledge...

Nokie -- for making my brain spew juices again, I remember more random shit just from you askin me questions (keep it up)

and all other evils - thanks guys you're all what makes this game fun.

lastly - to the imps coders owners admins - thanks for all the support and wonderful code you guys write/support/administer without you there would be no me or us...or fun!

Ykor/Illreok
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Sat Jul 21, 2001 12:34 am

luz, who has all the eq you could ever possibly want and if he doesnt have it the game crashes and he does :-)

gods(especially shev/miax), for listening to whatever strange rant i have at a given moment.

that one big group of evils doing bg for letting a lil'ol illusionist tag along

all others whom i happen to know or see

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr, Gramordeus, Zanzor, Zhaxilor, Krondal
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Jul 21, 2001 3:17 am

To all my new evil friends and some old

Thank you all for accepting and taking this lil murderer into your family.

This is by far the most fun I have had in 5 years of playing here. Ya guys are the best bunch of friends and adventures I have ever had.

Nilan

Jorta
Sojourner

Postby Jorta » Sat Jul 21, 2001 3:30 am

Great Idea for a thread!

Dakn: For rekindling an old friendship and equipping a new rogue with enough to get off the ground Image

Arastorin: For getting me interested in the quests of the game. This expanded the fun for me 10-fold.

Welec/Velren/Dranix: 3 names, two people. You guys rock. I've known you for years playing here and your always willing to go more than the extra mile to help out.

Hailia: For rescuing my sorry butt time and time again Image

And to echo the thoughts above - Thanks to the coders, area makers, and admins. This is the best Sojourn yet and I look
forward to the years to come.

Jorta the Grateful
snow
Sojourner

Postby snow » Sat Jul 21, 2001 5:05 am

Lilithelle, for casting barkskin on me every time she sees me and going way out of her way to recover my corpse the last time I died.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jul 23, 2001 4:21 pm

Another one for Lilithelle. Always pleasant, always thoughtful, goes out of her way (and I mean way out of her way) just to do something nice to brighten somebody else's day. Lili, your kindness and generosity are very much appreciated.
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Mon Jul 23, 2001 8:52 pm

pythrrus/serogg for helping a little illusionist get 20 again and again and again

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr, Gramordeus, Zanzor, Zhaxilor, Krondal
Aderon
Sojourner

Postby Aderon » Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:29 am

This one goes out to two very important people in my Sojourn3 life:

Necasio: For making me feel like I belong...

Zrax: For making me realize I don't belong as a goodie :P

Aderon

P.S. Also to anyone who has given me info that I've needed in the past. That is better than gold to a mudder Image.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Aug 25, 2001 8:31 am

Hah! Ressing this thread cuz it deserves it.

Thank you's to Gordex/Errium/Verarb/Lilithelle who have provided countless transports to faraway places.

To all grey elves, who still treat other elves as family.

To some of the upper zone leaders, thanx for letting me tag when someone's missing.

To my loyal followers, not many, but proud people they be, thanks for following and trying to trust in my skill.

Thanx again last but not least to the staff for hours of enjoyment. Oh and Cyric: I phear not yer blackhole of elven doom Image

Twyl
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Aug 25, 2001 8:37 am

Yah Id like to thank the group today that helped me get a particularly difficult item for my shadow walk quest. Delmair, Renarya, Fendoren, Twyl, Brumble, Frensolith, retark and Lalsed I think were there. If i'm forgetting anyone, i apologise Image Also, Gordex and Dartan helped immensely with the other facets of the quest. Much appreciated.

Corth
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Aug 26, 2001 8:45 am

A big huge Thank You to Zrax, Yssilk, Edak, Gyrx, Krolb, Zipalodok, Gromikazer, Zazyg, Gura, Nilan, Vjaerrak, Ossis, Dezzex, special thanks to Thranokazer, Blung, and Turg, for that huge crypts CR we just did.

-Todrael
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Aug 26, 2001 8:00 pm

Thanks to all those who helped me get lich, including: Revenki, Grux, Lurgo, Lazzraxxuum, Thranokazer, Krolb, Zorkalkinon, Liegashia, Ssryth, Wobb, Rokub, Jaznolg, Zrax, Zipalodok, Baldorak, Ezzallixxell, Cherzra, Zogur, Vjaerrak, Zipalodok, Zazyg, Zoldren, Yssilk, Edak, Gyrx, Gromikazer, Gura, Nilan, Ossis, Dezzex, Blung, and Turg.

-Todrael

[This message has been edited by Todrael (edited 08-26-2001).]
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Aug 27, 2001 11:17 pm

i wanna thank verarb for welling my drow around and plvlng me. dont worry verarb i wont tell gods you been cheating and helping to lvl someone from the other side. see u at 50
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Aug 28, 2001 3:59 pm

I'd like to start by thanking those that make the mud possible, the owners, coders, admins... the whole lot o ya.

Next, I'd like to thank Tyros for putting up with me bein a nudge online, as well as Fen/Kyrth for my innane questioning.

I'd also like to thank Touk for the adventures sometimes misadventures that he's been kind enough to invite me on.

Thanks to Dakn for pointing out a direction to take and helping me learn the ways of the shaman.

And to everyone who's made my years of mudding fun!

Thanks all!

Toplack/Toplie formerly known as Gort.
Leaza
Sojourner

Postby Leaza » Tue Aug 28, 2001 4:42 pm

This is for all (too many names to list) that have helped me even though I pester, and pick on so many, I would of never been able to make it thus far without all of yaws help..Special Thanks to Tholm for getting me started..You created a Monster..hehehe..Hugs to all and Many more adventures to share with you all I pray.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:18 pm

Some threads should never die...

Here's thanks to a bunch of ppl who helped Fyzz do his elemental earth embodiment quest...

Zukal
Muma
Lilithelle
Gythi
Koren
Nokie

Thanks!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:47 pm

Oooooh, oooooh!! Glorishan, who asked my help doing the white dragon on EM, then handed me the scales. How cool is that? I got all misty that somebody would do something so nice and unexpected right out of the blue.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:06 pm

Thanks to:

Tovar: For being my friend for the past nine
years and being there to lend me a shoulder
to cry on

Treladian: For being just an all out great guy who gets me weird props to play around with and is always around to chat and tell me about quests.

Brog/Poopil: For giving me a great bunch of equipment when I decided to play again, which I have slowly improved upon Image
Was great meeting you in real life last summer.

Gordex: You are a sweetheart for being my friend when I needed one the most. Was great meeting you in real life as well. Had a blast.

Elumil: For making me laugh when I need to and for always being there to listen to me, even when you don't feel like it.

Muma: For cheering me up always with your weird speeches and comments on ooc and for helping me get levels at dockies! Invokers Unite! hehe

Zanalista/Telaerin: You guys are sweet and great and fun to talk to. Thanks for helping me at the auction Zannie. Will be hiring you again for the next one Image

Jani: *pounce*

Gant: Zoooooom!

Nilan: For showing me that every day is precious and life is a gift. For being my brother for 9 years and giving me strength I never felt.

For anyone else I may have failed to mention, it is not intentionally. I could probably bring up a who list and have a reason to thank everyone for something they have done for me in my life. You guys are my only friends and my family as well. To that staff, major kudos for the work you've done. Hugs to Lamruil, Hoar, and Kossuth just for being cool.

A very big group hug for all of you and my deepest love and affection.

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
omrec
Sojourner

Postby omrec » Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:34 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped me get tstop last night...life just got better, and it only took a couple hours! Woot!

Oh, and praised be the Gods who bless us with such spells (Iyachtu right?) cause it really makes an enchanter's life oh so much more pleasant!

Oh, and a special thanks goes to Touk, for leading the astral/demi run (especially when we were down to like 4-5 non-aggros trying to stay alive in astral..roar!) I actually got down to no scales and only 3 stones left one fight, now that is what I call FUN! Playing tag with Juib with a tiny group = more craziness than you can shake a gnome at.

I forget sometimes how much fun this mud can be... Image

-Om
The Guardian
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:01 pm

I'd like to thank my producer Johnny, my agent Vinny, my Dad Eddy, and my costar Connely. This means the world to me! Thank you! Thank you! (the daydreams of a overpaid medic)

------------------
Aram the novice paly
Axxsinlazzam
Sojourner

Postby Axxsinlazzam » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:22 am

I would like to thanx the ppl in the group that conducted the cr that has a record on this mud
It took a month and a half for me to get my CR.
They know who they are. Thanxs guys.
To Turxx, You've shown me soo much and i learned how to be a better mudder because of you.
Everyone on the evil side, I've learned so much from just grouping with you guys and learning new zones.
I really cant just say one person has taught me something more important than someone else.
So basically this is just a shout out to all the evil's I group with and sometimes zone with, if its teaching me how to plane walk or when we zone and i'm asking silly questions like is area ok or what mob we target, is this a hit and run or do we stay in the room and tough it out.
Thanxs for putting up with my silly questions cause you know there are more along the way.

P.S a big shout out to Grp and Dungap just fast constantly asking.
Grp tells you 'Get some slaves and and lets rift from smoke and explore someplace!'
You two make the game worth coming back anyDAY!
to Jegzed, Llandara, Turra, Ambar, hell you guys know who you are.

The Axx

[This message has been edited by Axxsinlazzam (edited 04-30-2002).]
Uron
Sojourner

Postby Uron » Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:11 am

hm, im rather new so the list isn't all that long Image

to todrael, lilithelle and all the helpers who have to put up with my questions and incessant tells :P

kearin and her main for helping me a lot

selah and aremih, fellow paladins who took time to help me

wrynde and er um hehe a halfling warrior (whose name i can't seem to remember) who showed me the wonders of grouping Image

thank you for making my mudding experience in S3 a pleasure

[This message has been edited by Uron (edited 04-30-2002).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:45 pm

All of you are above and beyond normal people.

Stealing a line from Sarell:

Have a rad day!
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:17 pm

I LOVE helping people!! and I think it is a huge honor when somene new picks me out of all the names to ask for help .. I try to help whenever I can .. even if iI can't help them personally but through tells .. I run to help whenever I can, be it evil or goodie .. thats what the *helper* flag means to me .. course if you ask .. I tell all goodies to roll an evil cause evil is where it's at Image (just kidding, goodies are ok too)

Ambar de Ogre is my first *serious* character .. I had Shalia for many years.. but I never learned how to zone, never really had the opportunities I do now .. I consider myself a newbie still, and try to learn every day .. thank GOD I have a bunch of people I play with every day that can accept me and the mistakes I make EVERY day (Turg tells you 'that wasn't really smart now was it?')

I want to thank all of the evils .. I love you all dearly, and am glad to be a part of your groups... I don't want to point out names, because all of you have helped me grow as a player.. I love the fact you PUSH me to level .. you PUSH me to try new things, both solo and with a VERY limited group (rofl using an Ogre shaman as prime stoner .. you guys RULE!!!)

Axx .. we pretty much started together didn't we Image the novice Ogre Shaman and the baby squid .. gee haven't we grown up well Image

to all the new players.. look me up .. the few I have been able to help know who they are .. I am that silly Ogre who will run and get you in far corners of the mud world and walk you to safety... cause that's my job Image

Always a buddy ...

and DAMN it all that eq that's been misspelled has GOT to be restrung .. it is ambAr not ambEr!!!!

------------------
Ambar -= Squishin de Squid =-
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:58 pm

To all the girls I've loved before
Who travelled in and out my door
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this song
To all the girls I've loved before

To all the girls I once caressed
And may I say I've held the best
For helping me to grow
I owe a lot I know
To all the girls I've loved before...

this goes out to all the asses i have grabbed.
Kasula fondly fondles your backside. Pervert!
thank you! if i havent grabbed your ass... im getting around to it. :P

[This message has been edited by Kasula (edited 04-30-2002).]
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Wed May 01, 2002 9:03 am

I want to thank Drakur & Alvathair for taking pity on me when I was small & helping me out in every way they knew how.

I want to thank my guildmates: Viashro, Seldrin, Nedle, Grogu, Wuva, Zola, Deltin, Theoria, Musi, Raxar, Zukal, Fyzzlroo, Wipply, Xolan, Wofas, Kallinar, Nikelon. Without you guys, I wouldn't still be here. Thank you for all the laughs & all the great times had, and yet to come.

I want to thank the Gods for creating something so wonderful for so many people.

Last, but certianly not least, I want to thank *all* of you.. just for being here.

------------------
-=Deviant=-

[This message has been edited by Eza (edited 05-01-2002).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”