I awoke from a dream...(invasion music)

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Wobb
Sojourner

I awoke from a dream...(invasion music)

Postby Wobb » Wed May 08, 2002 4:22 am

I had a dream a long time ago, when I first started playing. It was the first time I ever did the invasion, that night I had the most vibrant dreams of fire giants storming a vast countryside, where they could be seen battling the frost giants...

Vivid images of this have lingered with me for some time and I wrote a piece of music for it.

Now before you go clicking away for fear of another Ogrelove or squidsong, or if you are hoping for something as funny...I have to warn you, this was a more serious attempt.

This is a four-part string piece influenced by the vivid dream and imagery in my head, first we killed kostchtchtchie (in my dream), and then when you hear the low low low bass part in the middle, that is glammad coming. At the very end, just when its about to end, a new theme emerges, that is us, victorious and bloody, seeing the break of day on the battlefield, the calm after the storm.

I hope you enjoy it.

http://webpages.charter.net/wobb/mp3/glammad_music.mp3

This was done in finale (meaning yes I plunked out every single note in sheet-music style), recorded from an Alesis synth.

Feedback is welcome!

------------------
Wobb
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Wed May 08, 2002 5:53 am

i'm impressed Image this is pretty good, i think it's neat u had a dream and this is based on it Image

------------------
Leah A. W.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Wed May 08, 2002 1:01 pm

Kick ass!

And thats all i've got to say about that.

------------------
Baikalisan - Valsharess Elg'Caress - Orbdrin D'oloth
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Wed May 08, 2002 8:35 pm

hehe thanks

If anyone wants to hear it but doesn't have an mp3 player, let me know I can convert it to just about any other format.

=)

------------------
Wobb
Axxsinlazzam
Sojourner

Postby Axxsinlazzam » Thu May 09, 2002 1:59 am

Well now, i just have to say this.
I was listening to the music and getting in the mood invasion.
When my smoke detector went off.
I had forgot about my food i was cooking!
I had got in the groove of the music but i forgot about my DAMN food! Image
Good music!

The Axx!
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu May 09, 2002 4:14 am

hey wobb, this is great stuff - im curious - i have an audigy sound card, with all the software that comes with it - i really like the stuff you do, but i dont know how to write music. do i have to know how to do that in order to make music? no such thing as going 'by ear' with computers is there? :P

bleh, i should stick to the mathematic type techno :P where i can make music based on patterns, lol

-daz
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Thu May 09, 2002 7:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>
bleh, i should stick to the mathematic type techno :P where i can make music based on patterns, lol
-daz</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buzz is fun *grin*

------------------
Leah A. W.
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Thu May 09, 2002 4:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
hey wobb, this is great stuff - im curious - i have an audigy sound card, with all the software that comes with it - i really like the stuff you do, but i dont know how to write music. do i have to know how to do that in order to make music? no such thing as going 'by ear' with computers is there? :P</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think a person needs to know anything about writing musical notes on a cryptic staff system in order to create music. Couple of questions for you.

1. Do you have an external instrument? If so, is it attached to your computer? If you have a "midi" interface to run a synthesizer into your sound card, this is one easy way to get music into your computer. This however is costly if you don't already have the equipment (like a synthesizer).

2. Do you have any software that creates music? My sound card came with a little program that puts a "picture" of a piano on my screen, and I can click notes with my mouse.

If you dont have any software, there are a lot of music creation programs out there. If you have a MIDI instrument, I would check out any track - recording program such as Sonic Foundry's "Acid", or n-Track studio's recorder.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"><B>

-daz</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, sonic foundry's ACID is a great program if you are into that. If you want a cheap solution, check out Mixman studio.

You have a dual-turntable interface on your screen and you press keys on your keyboard to play a pattern. You can assign keys to a crapload of different patterns. (it's kind of "ghetto" if you ask me but I had fun with it)

------------------
Wobb

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”