multiplayer farewell

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
grac
Sojourner

multiplayer farewell

Postby grac » Fri May 24, 2002 4:26 am

I, Grac, the most despicible multiplayer ever to login to Sojourn, has finally been taken down and out of commission by your Gods.

It took them several months to catch me, but alas, they have! In fact just tonight they caught me logging on with Nassarris, a powerful lvl 1 Yuan-ti who assisted my level 25 invoker Miray by being logged in for a split second and then ld'ed. (Seems that if I go down to search for an inn, he gets killed rather quickly). I then logged back in with Miray, FULL OF POWER AND MIGHT! Your crafty gods caught this act of MULTIPLAYING and destroyed wicked Miray!!! It was quite a sight!

Of course all my gear was on Miray, the little bastard, so I too decided to follow Miray into the netherworlds, alas!

So went all other associated characters, in fact I think I had to delete around ten before the night was over.

It was a pleasure playing with all of you, and in fact the gods have always been kind to me and friendly, except of course this little 3 strikes and your out incident.

To be fair, my first offense was quite serious, it was intention multiplay, I had 3 chars grouped doing xp - I knew it was wrong, I paid the price for that... So I was marked... and they watched... and they caught me a 2nd time when I had two chars in BG and I typoed 'w' then quickly typed 'e' -- THE HEAVENS BOOMED!!!! "WE WARNED YOU ABOUT MULTIPLAYING - WHY DID YOU HAVE A CHAR OUT OF THE ROOM????"

I replied "Typo, sorry. No harm done!"

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH! NEXT TIME WILL BE IMMEDIATE DELETION!"

And as it happened, that next time was this night.

Farewell.

-Grac,Miray,Wiror,Erilor,Zazez,Umonuxin,Todas,Decit,Nassarris,Duggog,Zazzazz
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Fri May 24, 2002 1:05 pm

The fact that you actually got 3 strikes is more then fair even if they were anal about the 2nd two. In the Mystra era you wouldn't have survived the first one. My worst offence was when I had my old bard on. Thimon. He used to worship the God of Noke. I saw someone who was in a dreadful need of some hand outs due to a CR that never panned out. I got so excited that I could actually help someone in return for all the nice peeps who had helped me out up to that point I dropped link (at the inn) and logged on my old ranger and ran to the fountain. I ran out and started passing out all my stores. I am sad to say that dude only got a couple of items before I was pulled up by Mystra herself and suffered multiple deletions not to mension the near site ban. She wouldn't even let me finish giving some stuff to that poor soul. See my post under Daz's thread called playerbase for my 2nd and last multi offence. (btm. I wasn't multiplaying at all in that situation under any of the written rules.) My hat goes off to the extreme tolerance the imms have shown this time around. I can actually play the game.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Fri May 24, 2002 2:16 pm

I am always sorry to see someone leave the mud, but you did break the rules. Only once in the past six years or so did I have any sort of multi-playing accident. I had forgotten where my storage char was rented so I had two chars in different inns on at the same time. I quick petitioned my folly and rented out the storage. No action was taken against me. Of course I did not do this several times a year, nor had I actually XP'd with a group.
If it had been my decision, I would have deleted you for the first offense of XP'ing with a multi-char group. Such a blatant disregard for the rules and a total lack of respect for the gods deserves such a punishment.
There are many good reasons why logging multiple characters on even for a second is illegal.

Better luck on Soj4.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Gorkl
Sojourner

Postby Gorkl » Fri May 24, 2002 3:47 pm

So what. You got deleted. So what. You had some gear. You lost it all. I've been deleted for multiplaying mistakes on my first mistake. I didn't know is not an excuse. One of the oldest rules here is for everyone's benefit. Those who break it should be deleted. I've been deleted twice since menzo...... But then again I have testicular fortitude.

------------------
<br /><a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/dumb/">How dumb are <i>you</i>?</a>
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri May 24, 2002 4:18 pm

umm didnt grac's original multiplaying get his 3 chars deleted? as for his other infractions i think he was trying to say they were purely accidental and he didnt need to get clobbered over minor mistakes. i think the punishment was a little harsh for the circumstances, however, im only hearing one side of the story.

ever been lagging hardcore, drop link and in the excitement/rush to get back in accidently type the wrong char's name? ive caught myself doing this numerous times. especially when ive been hardcore exping an alt, in the middle of a zone fight and lose link, racing for rares ect... you kinda get used to logging in. i fear the day that i accidently log one in while he is not at an inn where i can rent instantly.

i too got nailed under multi laws in the days of mystra. mostly because of sok and his lack of judgement. whats funny is innocent mistakes get squashed with a sledgehammer and real multi players rarely get caught or are given the benefit of the doubt cause of reputation.

however, i do think your reaction is equally out of balance grac. what are you trying to prove by deleting. you cant undo it. all you've done is make things harder on yourself, demonstrate either immaturity or inability to control your anger, and shot your own foot off. congrats. good luck in life, id suggest you think about how you approach disagreements with those in authority.

oh and i hope that if you truly enjoy playing here, you can recognize your folly, take your lumps and come back. my guess is that you really enjoy it here but just got angry, otherwise you wouldnt be posting here, you wouldve just left quietly.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 05-24-2002).]

Postby Guest » Fri May 24, 2002 4:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
umm didnt grac's original multiplaying get his 3 chars deleted?

no it didn't, which is why he was deleted for his third offense.

as for his other infractions i think he was trying to say they were purely accidental and he didnt need to get clobbered over minor mistakes. i think the punishment was a little harsh for the circumstances, however, im only hearing one side of the story.

The punishment was based on his three cumulative offenses. He would not have been deleted for either of the last two seperate violations as we can and do understand that stuff happens.

ever been lagging hardcore, drop link and in the excitement/rush to get back in accidently type the wrong char's name? ive caught myself doing this numerous times. especially when ive been hardcore exping an alt, in the middle of a zone fight and lose link, racing for rares ect... you kinda get used to logging in. i fear the day that i accidently log one in while he is not at an inn where i can rent instantly.

This is a mistake, which we are fine about. Read his post though, this was not his situation. He logged on his level 1, linkdeaded him, and then logged on Miray. Why did he do this? Because he didn't know where the inn was and didn't feel like looking for it. Again, after being warned twice and being told the second time that any violation would result in immediate termination, you would think you would watch yourself.

<B>i too got nailed under multi laws in the days of mystra. mostly because of sok and his lack of judgement. whats funny is innocent mistakes get squashed with a sledgehammer and real multi players rarely get caught or are given the benefit of the doubt cause of reputation.

however, i do think your reaction is equally out of balance grac. what are you trying to prove by deleting. you cant undo it. all you've done is make things harder on yourself, demonstrate either immaturity or inability to control your anger, and shot your own foot off. congrats. good luck in life, id suggest you think about how you approach disagreements with those in authority.

oh and i hope that if you truly enjoy playing here, you can recognize your folly, take your lumps and come back. my guess is that you really enjoy it here but just got angry, otherwise you wouldnt be posting here, you wouldve just left quietly.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 05-24-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erevan

------------------
Edited my formatting, forgot a bold switch.

[This message has been edited by Erevan (edited 05-24-2002).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”