alts

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

alts

Postby kiryan » Sun May 26, 2002 7:55 pm

so, anyone ever played a mud where alts were not allowed? How many of you would've lost interest and quit long ago if it weren't for rolling/playing an alt?

personally, id rather not have, exp, or eq alts. however, id rather zone than guard fountain, so I make alts of vital classes.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Sun May 26, 2002 8:01 pm

I honestly think that if every enchanter didn't have a fun alt to go play with once in a while, we'd all have gone clinically insane long ago. So yeah, alts are possibly the most fun part of this game.

-Tre'Verien
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sun May 26, 2002 9:48 pm

not to mention one needs to find the char they are comfortable with, i have several, started as a ranger, settled on a troll
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon May 27, 2002 12:59 am

I played a PK mud where you were allowed one character. New characters were email verified, back before the days of hotmail and unlimited free email accounts. The point was to prevent opposite-side spying with newbie characters and such. The mud was good, it was one of my favorite non-dikus (think it was RoT). The gods were friendly and courteous, but the players themselves were all egotistical assholes.. I left because the high levels on both sides considered anybody under level 30 (level 35 was max I think) as cannon fodder, to be disposed of in raids. Basically, until you were uber-leet, they threw you in the front line of a pvp fight, which usually resulted in the loss of all your eq.

- Ragorn
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon May 27, 2002 2:28 am

I dont have an alt, I just have lil Nilan

Nilan
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon May 27, 2002 3:38 am

was a mud started up about 5 years ago. it's still going. called dreamscapes.

gantoris was one of the original gods there, so was I.

the owner didnt allow anyone else to code except himself, and anything we wanted to implement took years literally.

gantoris was big on 'dont put any toril stuff here' then proceeds to write in 'astral' as a zone...heh.

anyway no alts, 200 levels. BORING and UBER were common.

also had an intro system (stupid) and you could not tell what level another player was.
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Mon May 27, 2002 8:02 am

note, astral plane is not sojourn only, every mud ive ever played on has had an astral plane.. Image

2nd.. every mud except sojourn that i spent any real time on has allowed multiplaying, hehe.. so the cut of no multiplaying is a bit rough, but soj is good enough i can handle that.. but w/o alts? no way.. i get too bored with the same type of char all the time...

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:54 pm

I would get bored too quickly if alts didn't exist, hehe

Jenera, human invoker
Jaellinera, grey elf rogue
Elinera, half elf druid
Saeshalee, drow cleric

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:24 pm

Most places I've played allowed alts. The one exeption was Sneezy, and you could have alts there but couldn't trade gear back and forth. Of course this was several years ago so who knows whats happened since.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tanji Smanji:
Most places I've played allowed alts. The one exeption was Sneezy, and you could have alts there but couldn't trade gear back and forth. Of course this was several years ago so who knows whats happened since.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YEa i played on a mud where u couldn't swap eq between chars or you'd be deleted. Thadrin/Fendoren, Zoldren and I played there. IT's called ImperialDiku and the population was mostly finnish peeps

------------------
Dartan group-says 'Malacar I'm going to dropkick you for starting that omg Ymir thing'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:04 am

the point was how did you feel about it.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”