Maker of Mayhem, petition

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed May 29, 2002 3:33 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Teyaha:
[B]it was your guild's titles that were singled out when all of this started, turxx. if you wish to follow such rules you will NEED to rethink your titling methods.

i guess you didnt know, i was gone for about three months, there are alot of things that happened within my guild during that time i am unhappy about, but i was powerless at the time to do anything
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Wed May 29, 2002 4:02 pm

Not that i have to prove it to you jurdex.

dont understand why you feel the need to question me.

ragorn gave one example himself. and cullen would be another.

that is is plain and simple.
its been goin on here for as long i can remember.

look the admins and some players get mad cause i use the word favoritism. call it what you want. being relaxed, showing respect for elite players and what now.
what you do for one person and not do for another, in the same circumstance is considered favoritism in my book.

think about yourselves b4 you get pissed at me for bringing it out in the open.

------------------
Gogk, Everyone Picks On The Fat Kid
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 29, 2002 5:04 pm

still dont understand where any admin has shown favoritism in regards to titles.

the rules are clear. there are still a lot of you who failed or couldnt be bothered to write an appropriate description and still dont have titles. that's their fault?
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Wed May 29, 2002 5:14 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gogk:
<B>ragorn gave one example himself. and cullen would be another.

that is is plain and simple.
its been goin on here for as long i can remember.

look the admins and some players get mad cause i use the word favoritism. call it what you want. being relaxed, showing respect for elite players and what now.
what you do for one person and not do for another, in the same circumstance is considered favoritism in my book.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Shev already said, first names != titles.

------------------
A 60-foot-tall column of flame whispers 'Boo!'
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Wed May 29, 2002 6:31 pm

oh no its a kossuth! Downgrade the d'backs.

i understand the difference in the rules between names and titles. the rules are the rules wether they be for names/titles/outcasting when we had it/use of specific channels, things like that.

i understand that names are a need. but is the name ragorn a need or can he choose another name? would it make a difference? why
should an exception be made because he NEEDS that name? would the mud continue on the same if ragorn's new name would be ralph or something else? your answer should be yes. so if the exception to the name rule would be examples like ragorn. then why should the rule be bent for a player like turxx.

if its about respect for the player. i dont know ragorn at all. but i do know turxx and respect him, as do many other people who play here. i think that should count for something

------------------
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed May 29, 2002 6:52 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Turxx:
[B]Guild title rules: as sujested by Turxx

Each guild leader should appoint titles to their members as they see fit.

Players who have aquired level 50 titles may choose to display it in place of guild title.

Titles should take up no more than one line on the who list.

Titles should fit both the game theme and the theme of the guild.

Guild leaders are liable for guild titles.

If a god feels a guild title is deemed inappropriate the guild leader will be asked to change it. Major or repetiditive violations and the guild leader faces possible consiquences ranging from fines, loss of control over title functions and in extreme cases guild disband.

simple, plain and fair

for those of you who wont bother looking at page 2 anymore
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed May 29, 2002 8:06 pm

Oooh ooh, flame me next!! I'm feeling left out Image

DigDug
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed May 29, 2002 8:26 pm

Take off those pantyhose, they look ridiculous on you, and we might consider it.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 29, 2002 8:36 pm

did you play much on toril, gogk?

there was a level 50 druid auric. he'd playing for a few years already.

he was made to change his name because someone got a few hits of 'auric' on yahoo. he changed it to alethindel.

so when a mysterious level 50 druid popped up out of nowhere it didnt take long for folks to realize.

names have been changed before.

wtf that has to do with turxxs' title is a mystery, though.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed May 29, 2002 8:57 pm

oof dont know how much longer im going to bother here. but heres some points that i honed in on while reading.

1. dont level accusations regarding favortisim unless you can prove it?

ok, ragorn the ranger, aragorn the ranger. the names are virtually the same, the class is the same.
sisserro the yuanti cleric cicero the roman lawyer
ragorn keeps his name, my snake gets the shaft.

oh favortism in titles? let me try to make a case for favortism. just did a who heres what i came up with on no effort. now these are gonna be really lame arguments so nothing new i suppose. im just going to try and show how stupid we could get with enforcement of "rules" and two that there is some subjectivity in the determination of valid titles.

[41 Ran] XXXX -Green Knight- [***] Storm of Fists (Human)

green knight [***] Storm of fists. technically storm of fists is the guild name and green knight [***] is the title. that title is composed of 3 separate blocks of characters. some people call these words though technically [***] is a word only in a very loose sense or a very technical sense. hows that for an approved violation? oh but "Maker of Mayhem" is denied because its 3 words. When your searching books in the card catalog, "of" and "the" are ignored.

2. Titles should reflect your Association status/rank, etc., not personal...

does "green knight" really describe the status/rank in the association? focus on the word "green" are there red knights and blue knights? who else is of the "green" rank of knight in this guild? I certainly think i could make a case that "green" is far too personal for a guild title. A ridiculous claim and obviously stupid, yet do you see how i could bend the words to suit my purposes?

[49 Rog] XXXXXX - Silhouette - Rising Phoenix (Human)

silhouette describes a rank in this guild? who else is of the silhouette rank? ok maybe it describes the status... what exactly is a silhouette status? explain why waelos' "lost" does not desribe a "status" in a guild or desribe a "rank" as in the above title?

moving on...
im not keen on turxx's rules. im not keen on god's current enforcement of title rules. someone said that we all agreed that bad titles needed to go. most of us did, some of us stated that while we needed to weed out some of the bad titles, we didnt want to be too restrictive. guess that got completely ignored.

as for follow the rules follow the rules just like everyone else... sometimes the rules are wrong. theres nothing wrong with disagreeing and arguing over them. turxx is following the rules in game and he started the discussion out here to the bbs. he's asking for the rules to be either changed or to be interpreted differently. i fully agree that something should change. they are strict and !fun atm. they do not encourage me to RP and actually discourage me.

i wanted to write a story for my wife's character about how she came to be the leader called "dark queen" of the guild "seething darkness" however with the new title rules and the way its being enforced, why bother, itll get shot down and be unarguable cause its "in the rules." i spent about 4 months pondering guild names themes titles ect. i like what i came up with, i think it has flavor but isnt outrageous. im not interested in wasting any more time on it as long as we continue to enforce the rules as we have recently. boo hoo you say, shrug, yea no big deal, call me a whiner if you want, but it is what i thought was cool and was inclined to do. would it have be that bad to allow titles involving real world ranks like queen, king, bishop? perhaps i should call you the whiner for whining about how title x doesnt fit the letter of the law.

Postby Guest » Wed May 29, 2002 9:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>oof dont know how much longer im going to bother here. but heres some points that i honed in on while reading.

1. dont level accusations regarding favortisim unless you can prove it?

ok, ragorn the ranger, aragorn the ranger. the names are virtually the same, the class is the same.
sisserro the yuanti cleric cicero the roman lawyer
ragorn keeps his name, my snake gets the shaft.

</B>
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As was stated before. Ragorn's name got grandfathered in. He had it previous wipes, so he gets to keep it. That's why names like "Ragorn", "Cullen", "Varia", "Dizahk" are allowed that wouldn't be if they went through the name generation process before. Those individuals have had those names for years, so rightfully they get to keep them.

There have been some exceptions to this rule for those people who knew their name was going to be changed, but (for the most part) if you had the name previous wipes, you got to keep it. Your name Cicero (or the yuan-ti version of the name) was created this wipe and was against the naming convensions that you agreed to, which is why you had your name changed.

(FYI, I was the god that changed "Auric." Auric is the latin word of "gold", hence why gold is Au on the periodic chart. That's why it got changed. My favorite bad name has to have been "Inri". Points to those that can get the reference. But I digress).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
<B>
oh favortism in titles? let me try to make a case for favortism. just did a who heres what i came up with on no effort. now these are gonna be really lame arguments so nothing new i suppose. im just going to try and show how stupid we could get with enforcement of "rules" and two that there is some subjectivity in the determination of valid titles.

[41 Ran] XXXX -Green Knight- [***] Storm of Fists (Human)

green knight [***] Storm of fists. technically storm of fists is the guild name and green knight [***] is the title. that title is composed of 3 separate blocks of characters. some people call these words though technically [***] is a word only in a very loose sense or a very technical sense. hows that for an approved violation? oh but "Maker of Mayhem" is denied because its 3 words. When your searching books in the card catalog, "of" and "the" are ignored.
</B>
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a bit confused on how you consider "[***]" a word. I can't speak for Erevan, but I've always considered it a delimiter, which are allowed for every guild.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
<B>
2. Titles should reflect your Association status/rank, etc., not personal...

does "green knight" really describe the status/rank in the association? focus on the word "green" are there red knights and blue knights? who else is of the "green" rank of knight in this guild? I certainly think i could make a case that "green" is far too personal for a guild title. A ridiculous claim and obviously stupid, yet do you see how i could bend the words to suit my purposes?

[49 Rog] XXXXXX - Silhouette - Rising Phoenix (Human)

silhouette describes a rank in this guild? who else is of the silhouette rank? ok maybe it describes the status... what exactly is a silhouette status? explain why waelos' "lost" does not desribe a "status" in a guild or desribe a "rank" as in the above title?
</B>
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, you could look at pretty much any title and scrutenize it and probably 95% would be disallowed. We're trying to stay out of peoples' way and not play title cop for everyone. Yes, we picked out some of the more obvious titles that were personal that didn't have stories written for them. There were also some gray cases that we gave all of the guild leaders the option of defending. Some we didn't agree with and they lost the personal title, others they explained how and why it's appropriate and they got to keep them.

For every "SpankMaster" personal title that a guild member gave himself there was a similar one like "Lost" that has some history behind it. Which is why the option to write the story explaining HOW you got the title is there. Weylarii and Turxx weren't the only one that had their personal titles removed, and there were a few that probably had similar back story behind it as Weylarii (Zoldren's comes to mind). Some chose to write stories to keep it, some didn't and have accepted not having their personal title in their association.

<B>
moving on...
im not keen on turxx's rules. im not keen on god's current enforcement of title rules. someone said that we all agreed that bad titles needed to go. most of us did, some of us stated that while we needed to weed out some of the bad titles, we didnt want to be too restrictive. guess that got completely ignored.

as for follow the rules follow the rules just like everyone else... sometimes the rules are wrong. theres nothing wrong with disagreeing and arguing over them. turxx is following the rules in game and he started the discussion out here to the bbs. he's asking for the rules to be either changed or to be interpreted differently. i fully agree that something should change. they are strict and !fun atm. they do not encourage me to RP and actually discourage me.

i wanted to write a story for my wife's character about how she came to be the leader called "dark queen" of the guild "seething darkness" however with the new title rules and the way its being enforced, why bother, itll get shot down and be unarguable cause its "in the rules." i spent about 4 months pondering guild names themes titles ect. i like what i came up with, i think it has flavor but isnt outrageous. im not interested in wasting any more time on it as long as we continue to enforce the rules as we have recently. boo hoo you say, shrug, yea no big deal, call me a whiner if you want, but it is what i thought was cool and was inclined to do. would it have be that bad to allow titles involving real world ranks like queen, king, bishop? perhaps i should call you the whiner for whining about how title x doesnt fit the letter of the law.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're absolutely right. You do have the right to disagree with the rules and discuss them. However, until the point that they are changed (if at all), you must follow them. One of the small chores to founding, and being in, an association.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed May 29, 2002 10:40 pm

Strange... I had Tatayana before(and for quite some time), and was turned down for it this time quite vehemently, after I asked for it.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Wed May 29, 2002 11:49 pm

Didn't want to be the only one to not post on this thread.

Toarn
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu May 30, 2002 2:23 am

sometimes though the players try to pull the wool over the gods' eyes.

remember gantoris? y'see i started playing here when he was new too, circa 1995-1996.

he says it's an original name.

the name is in the star wars jedi academy trilogy, according to my first printing copy:

A Bantam Spectra book / July 1994

this is actually an important name to the timeline and is brought up in several novels later.

that was overlooked even on soj2.

same player used the name 'arcturis' as a mortal on another mud later. called it original. arcturis is the name of a star in the sky :P

my name was generated by the autoroller. the name grintor i came up with from the strange sound my dog made when hacking up a fur ball. i got rindomas from someone elses' name generator. shrug.

you cant police everything, and a lot of names were grandfathered in. nothing wrong with that.

just keep in mind that there are enough players who try to 'get away with it' or who have gotten away with it that there can be no clear cut right and wrong anymore.

this still does not have anything to do with turxx's title problem though :P
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 30, 2002 8:10 am

I remember the deal with gantoris. If i remember correctly, he had no idea it had anything to do with star wars... even though "gantoris" was his rl last name.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Thu May 30, 2002 8:32 am

I remember one of my rl friend who doesn't play anymore who had a level 40 something shaman named Vyrol on Soj2. Heheh. We could never understand how he got away with that...
I got an autorolled duergar warrior named Runanamok this wipe. That didn't last long.

Isn't it entertaining watching the evolution of a post? Image
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Thu May 30, 2002 9:06 am

Let me get this straight....you can have "of" in your name at level 50 by writing a rp story....and level 50 titles are supposed to be limited to level 50's right?

The why is there a 46th lvl character running around with "of" in their title? This was about 6 hours ago....so maybe it got changed.....heh.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu May 30, 2002 1:01 pm

i remember something about gantoris. he had his name changed then put back later after he made a decent argument. something about a old story of his that he had created on which the date could be verified and it ended up being before the copyright date of the star wars novel. anyhow, he probably should not have been allowed to keep it per the rules, however, it is a damn good name and had you never read star wars books you'd think its a perfect fantasy name.

Oh and sisserro was rolled and played when yuan ti first came in. you did however catch me that time and force my name change just as you did this wipe too. i swear, if it werent for you that name would slip by. what ever happened to a classical education.

on the [***] delimeter thing, i believe its not actually a delimeter but demonstrates their guild rank. kinda like stripes on a uniform. i think you could call it a word.

another stupid thought came to me. everything after your first name is considered your title per one of the association gods. thats why you have to have a description before you can join a guild (your guild tag is a title). So, how about them 6 word titles (last name + guild title + guild name).

another brain child,
would "MakerofMayhem" be ok? How about "Maker O'Mayhem" How about you just let him have his 2 word title plus "of."
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Thu May 30, 2002 5:10 pm

Ahh the age old argument of names and titles
where would we be w/out this post.

But for a little bit of long ago humor here is how i was made to change my name that i had had for over 5 years on Toril.

I had a level 50 human cleric, her name was Teila. Mystra responds petition to me one day while our group is in the middle of doing IC Vault and declares that due to somebody on OOC saying my name was used in an old cartoon that i must change it. I of course asked which cartoon and she said:
He-Man. Now, i about fell out of my chair laughing because that cartoon hadn't been shown on tv for years. I changed my name there, because i didn't feel like getting deleted for arguing. I changed it to Catalya.
Being the curious sort i went off in search of some He-man material to check and see where the name Teila had been used, and low and behold it hadn't.. It turns out that the name used in the cartoon was Teela (pronounced Tea - la). Now, how is this even remotely close to Teila (pronounced Teal-ya) you ask? I dont know either so i brought it to the attention of the gods. I was told with a respond petition from a 'Someone' that it was too close in spelling and i could not under any circumstances have my name back. Aint that some shit, its too close in spelling to a cartoon character that hasn't been used in years and you've had the character for 5+ years but because somebody said hey that's a famaliar name on ooc i get the shaft... ahh the good ole days

Yes i am still bitter.

Enjoy

------------------
Baikalisan - Valsharess Elg'Caress - Orbdrin D'oloth
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu May 30, 2002 5:24 pm

he-man was the shit!

my brother and i had all the action figures and the big castles. was rockin. spring loaded waists so we'd use them to punch at the dog.

happy days...
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu May 30, 2002 5:39 pm

he-man, battlecat, teela, skeletor

who was the man at arms? wasnt their some sort of queen or princess? and some sort of floating hat yolo or somethin?
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu May 30, 2002 6:34 pm

The magician guy was Orcos and then there was a guy in a big bee costume named Buzz off. Then there was Trapjaw, a villain with a big serrated steel jaw.

------------------
-Yayaril
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri May 31, 2002 4:27 am

tri-clops, ram man, the sorceress, beastman...
Evil-lynn... uhmmm...

Man that brings back memories.

For kicks, if you have kazaa or morpheus, do a search for he-man. You'll find a lot of links.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Fri May 31, 2002 4:39 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
How about "Maker O'Mayhem"</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only if he writes an RP story about being the only Irish troll in the Faerun. Otherwise, it offends my Irish heritage.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
and then there was a guy in a big bee costume named Buzz off.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did he come with a mouse trap that you could clip on to his bum, making him dance around and say, '¡Ay ay ay! ¡No me gusta!'? The things I missed out on by not watching He-Man. Hell, for the longest time, I thought She-Ra was his wife. My roommate gave me the oddest look when I said that.

Everyone knows they're brother and sister.

Ok enough being an ass for now. Time to go to sleep or somethin.

- Grungar "Huzzah!" Forgefire
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri May 31, 2002 11:54 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gogk:
ragorn gave one example himself. and cullen would be another.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to point out that this is in no way an example of favortism. When I rolled the character Ragorn for the first time, I was a newbie on Toril with about 6 hours of play experience. The name slipped through because whoever approved it either didn't see the resemblance right away (in fact, nobody even mentioned it until I was level 35) or didn't care.

When Soj 2 came up, Miax made a blanket statemenet saying anyone who played Toril could get their character's name back, regardless of naming conventions. My name was grandfathered under that rule.

I haven't seen any clear examples of favortism at all in this thread. Waelos is probably in the top 5 most popular people on Sojourn and his title got changed just as fast as Turxx's did.

- Ragorn
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri May 31, 2002 12:10 pm

And secondly, that entire BS ordeal with Gantoris is what people are trying to avoid this wipe with first names. Who cares if the name I picked is the name of some Froodalooan grape merchant in Star Wars Book 19 Series A3 Revision II Third Printing. Oh god call the SS, I saw a guy whos name phoentically the name of Drizzt's cousin's friend's father's roommate's dog's favorite chew toy!

And just for Kiryan: 7. Titles can contain delimiters (such as [***]) as long as it is not over the top. Why are you even bothering to argue that [***] should be illegal when it says RIGHT IN THE RULE that it's ok?

And for final clarification:

Word (w&rd): 1. Something that is said. 2. a speech sound or series of speech sounds that symbolizes and communicates a meaning without being divisible into smaller units capable of independent use. 3. a written or printed character or combination of characters representing a spoken word.

www.m-w.com

[***] fits NONE of these descriptions, thus is not a word, thus your argument is (predicably) inaccurate and completely ridiculous.

- Ragorn
Laying down the Grammar Hammer once again upon the unsuspecting inhabitants of this forum.

------------------
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri May 31, 2002 1:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>3. a written or printed character or combination of characters representing a spoken word.

www.m-w.com

[***] fits NONE of these descriptions, thus is not a word, thus your argument is (predicably) inaccurate and completely ridiculous.

- Ragorn
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, Ragorn, the delimiter thing is the only point I would give Kiryan on this whole mess. The same way bars and stripes in our military can be read as "lieutenant, corporal, admiral" or whatever, that guild is using those delimeters, not as simple designs, but as a method of symbolizing a rank, thereby making them representations of that spoken word.

::shrug::
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri May 31, 2002 2:32 pm

actually ragorn the gantoris thing is not that silly.

the name is an important one in the star wars universe and is used in 6 books and was first used in 1994, before he started playing here. as the star wars books are some of the best selling books around and nearly everyone has read the jedi academy trilogy and I, Jedi it's a VERY good example of one that slipped through.

i find it hard to believe he made the name up. exactly how common is gantoris?
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Fri May 31, 2002 4:13 pm

Favoritism is not being shown.

There are names (first names) that "slipped through" that have been allowed to stay as they have been around for a long time.

There are titles that have been asked to be changed because there was input from the player base that they wanted to have titles policed. When the gods listened to the player base and implemented these changes people were asked to either 1. change their titles to conform to the rules that were asked for by the player base 2. write up a story to back up the current title or 3. play to 50 to get a personal title.

Personal titles at level 50 has been the standard forever and while it might not show dedication or overall skill it is the standard. I have yet to see anyone come up with a suggestion for people to have another way to get a personal title. Maybe there should be one. I don't think so I'm not going to make one.

If you disagree with a rule that is fine. Discuss why you disagree and if you are persuasive (in your logic not the way you ask) then from what I have seen the gods will at least listen to you.

It's just like life. Don't come to me with a problem. Come to me with a problem AND a solution. If you can't do that come with a problem and ask for help to find a solution. Personal attacks will get you no where.
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Fri May 31, 2002 8:30 pm

you dont seem to undertand what grandfathered means..the exception..favored over something/someone else...let pass...these are the same things. if you honestly think there is no favoritism here ever? your are quite possibly the sadest person i ever met. and i got a nice bridge to sell you. you people dont understand you all have mouthes you all talk and the people you talk to talk. so anything or anyone that has been favored people already know. shit i have been favored.

maybe not anymore. but i have. i have sat at bars with numerous different players talking about something things that have been favored here so please just stop your bullshitting.

im so done with this thread cause its just gonna keep going and going. there is no cure. only the comeback. the gods are gonna do what they want when they want so matter how much you fight or try to change things. its not gonna happen.

ragorn ive known your character for a couple of years now you have grouped with me and a few of my friends. nobody i know including me has any problems with you. but plz dont try to defend yourself on this noone is attacking you. you had a favor. thats it plain and simple. go with it have fun.

im sorry if you dont agree with my opinion. i truely am.

but im not here to please you. or to conform my way of thinking to meet your standards. im here to play. that is all i do. im not the best player on the mud. the smartest player here. but i love to play.

i dont kiss ass. and i take care of my friends. and i respect everyone who deserves it. and i expect the same in return.

if i offended you...good. if i pissed you off...good. if i made you happy or cleared up some grey areas you've had...good. i could careless what you think i have to you or for you. thats now that im here for.

till the next thread where i can piss you people off...peace Image

------------------

[This message has been edited by gogk (edited 05-31-2002).]

[This message has been edited by gogk (edited 05-31-2002).]
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Fri May 31, 2002 8:36 pm

one last thing lemme straighten out what i meant about the gods doing what they want when they want....i didnt mean it like i think. i meant they have their jobs to do and they are gonna do them the way they are supposed to do it. no matter what anyone says. if changes need to be done they will do it.

dont want people to think i dont like the gods cause i do. i love the time and effort they put into this place to make it a place i love spending my time playing...

im no ingrate!:P thanks to all the gods who work here.

------------------
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Fri May 31, 2002 8:40 pm

I see a myriad of problems with this thread.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri May 31, 2002 10:14 pm

*picks up Ragorn's grammar hammer and knocks Snurgt upside the head*

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri May 31, 2002 10:39 pm

grandfathered.

at the beginning of this wipe - i made a character name that i used for a long time, dating back to sojourn2, possibly sojourn1 - but it wasnt my prime until sojourn2. when i made the character, i was told that 'new rules' were being used, and my name, even though i leveled the damn bastard to the high 40's last wipe, would not be allowed.

ragorn was grandfathered? was i not loud and verbal enough to receive attention? if i petition for this name again, and it is rejected - under what grounds will it be denied, since according to this thread - names used toril/before would be 'grandfathered' in?

------------------
One, I don't know who in the hell you are.
Two, I don't CARE who in the hell you are.
This isn't personal.
THIS IS A GAME.

Erevan
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri May 31, 2002 11:56 pm

i stopped readding cuz i dont care, but jsut wanted to say the politics & religion are two beast that's uncatchable
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:20 am

and apparently sok cant catch the spelling bee either.

heres a good title for discussion
[48 AAA] XXXX YYYY =Toror en'Seorsa= GUILDZ

Now I wonder is "Toror en'Seorsa" a 2 word title or 3? what does it mean anyhow? im sure the gods must know... since it has to conform to being either a guild status or a guild rank. lets just reinstate "maker of mayhem." its a good title. hes not just a member, hes the founder. it would be a sign that your gonna be a lil more relaxed regarding title rules. thank you for your support.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 05-31-2002).]
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:44 am

-

[This message has been edited by Bipple (edited 05-31-2002).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:48 am

For the love of God.. Just concentrate on your own characters!

Why this constant bickering and stuff about someone else? Can't we all just get along?

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:15 am

seems to me peoples inability to consentrate on their own char is whut spawned this whole thing in the first place, all i want is my GUILD title displayed
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:26 am

For which there are rules
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:35 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sylvos:
For which there are rules</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

apparently you havent read my previous posts here, the "rules" do not allow me to display my "guild title", it is the "rules" that are in question here

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-31-2002).]
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:45 am

amazing how typing a big long rant can clear the mind. I deleted it, because it won't accomplish anything but fan the flames.

Question the rules, fine. Follow the rules fine. You don't want to take advantage of the options presented to you, that's your problem. Not mine, not another player's, and most certainly not the gods. They've given us a place to play and guidelines within which to enjoy it.

So do so. Within the guidelines
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:40 am

i am following the rules, i do not display my title.
i love this game and appreciate all the time and effort put into making this game by the gods.
but it my right to protest and i am doing just that.
if you do not feel this is your problem, dont bother posting here.

Turxx Krush Skul, Maker of Mayhem

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 06-01-2002).]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:23 am

8. Titles can not reflect real world ranks such as ArchBishop, Queen, King, etc.;

49 nec xxxxx Undead Lord xxxxxxxxxxxx

reinstate "maker of mayhem" and "lost" and can my wife have her title of "dark queen" back?

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 06-01-2002).]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:33 pm

I wonder if "SoulGuard" is a one word or two word title.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:01 pm

Cool, who in the real world has a title of Undead Lord?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:34 pm

who in the world has the title "dark queen" i know your smarter than that sylvos focus on the word "lord"
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:52 pm

But somebody else obviously isn't. Lord can mean the leader of a household, queen is the leader of a nation. I'm sorry, is there a nation in Faerun we have't heard about that one of the players is the leader of?
Grxx
Sojourner

Postby Grxx » Sat Jun 01, 2002 5:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
But somebody else obviously isn't. Lord can mean the leader of a household, queen is the leader of a nation. I'm sorry, is there a nation in Faerun we have't heard about that one of the players is the leader of?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

8. Titles can not reflect real world ranks such as ArchBishop, Queen, King, etc.;

you dont think head of a household falls into the catigory of real world ranks? cu'mon now.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jun 01, 2002 5:29 pm

When the head of a household can be taken into consideration for RP purposes within a guild or within a family, then it's reasonable. Unlike "queen."

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”