Maker of Mayhem, petition

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Turxx
Sojourner

Maker of Mayhem, petition

Postby Turxx » Wed May 22, 2002 7:08 am

stripped of my title today, something about a fairly new rule reserving 3 word titles for level 50 players. i didnt realize levels were so important. ive put countless hours into this game, (1995.65 hours logged on) i am a guild leader, that alone should entitle me any title i want(within reason)that title fit me and how i played my char very well, ive had hat title for over 7 months and now i cant anymore? i cant even begin to express how much that upsets me.
id like to start a petition to have my rightfull title reenstated.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed May 22, 2002 7:55 am

Heh, yah it sucks to lose your title. I was very attached to mine and i had to get rid of it also. I don't think guild leaders should get any special privileges though. On the other hand, the word "of" could be ignored as a word for purposes of that rule probably, without causing much offense.

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
xamgib
Sojourner

Postby xamgib » Wed May 22, 2002 8:03 am

Wow, that's ridiculous? I thought role-playing would have priority over some stupid level 50 person preference... It's OK, I won't have the same problem.. I don't plan on doing any role-playing or unecessary groupping until I hit 50th so I can start to develop my character *dripping with sarcasm of course* Oh wait, I really will have to wait until 50th to get a title! How about basing how many words that can be in a title on how good their descriptions are? *comfort Turxx*
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed May 22, 2002 8:05 am

Rules are rules, follow them, we all have to.

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed May 22, 2002 8:08 am

Once you attain level 50 and write a RP story for your character as to why he/she has that specific title, I am sure you will be able to use it once again.

The level 50 title rule is not new, and I was happy to put forth the effort to keep my own.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed May 22, 2002 8:09 am

when it is a guild title i think guild leaders should get special treatment.
or on the same token why should level 50 entitle you special treatmet?
leveling to 50 has never been much of a priority to me. now i have to quit playing the game and level my char to have my name?

here take my name, have my birthday too.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed May 22, 2002 12:52 pm

I am 50, had my title for ever, but had my last name from 20-till guilded....

I not only rp the pink slut

but lost my last name when i guilded, and lost my title, now i have niether so dont feel bad Image

just gota get off my arse and finsih story
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed May 22, 2002 2:11 pm

the 2 word title is so gay. 3 should be allowed when one of the words is a word like "of"

did you all know you must have a description per the description rules in order to be a member of a guild? reason, cause anything after your name is a title and anyone with a title must have a description per the title rules.
goober
Sojourner

Postby goober » Wed May 22, 2002 5:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>the 2 word title is so gay. 3 should be allowed when one of the words is a word like "of"

did you all know you must have a description per the description rules in order to be a member of a guild? reason, cause anything after your name is a title and anyone with a title must have a description per the title rules. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, we all knew this since it was posted in the news and in the help file. Kind of funny that only two people have any problem with this. Also funny that Turxx, who loves to proclaim how he "RPs" his character is bitching about a rule, descriptions and titles, that appears to be RP based. Can we say hypocrite?
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed May 22, 2002 6:25 pm

lets think about this, a troll is wandering around minding his own buisness when a god, not even his god, shows up and says i dont like your name, pick a different one.
*licks the god and thanks them for noticing him*
prolly more like
*roars in fury and curses the god*
and as far as my level 50 title went, if and when i ever got that far i had a title picked out already, and a story written.

Turxx Krush Skul, Maker of Mayhem, FEARLESS, athiest

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-22-2002).]
goober
Sojourner

Postby goober » Wed May 22, 2002 7:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Turxx:
<B>lets think about this, a troll is wandering around minding his own buisness when a god, not even his god, shows up and says i dont like your name, pick a different one.
*licks the god and thanks them for noticing him*
prolly more like
*roars in fury and curses the god*
and as far as my level 50 title went, if and when i ever got that far i had a title picked out already, and a story written.

Turxx Krush Skul, Maker of Mayhem, FEARLESS, athiest

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-22-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if this were truly RP, the god would then kill you for being an impertinent little worm. But Sojourn3 does not have true RP. Your whine here appears to be bitching about how you are treated the same as everyone else (according to Jaznolg and Corth at least). Why are you special if you are the leader of some guild? Why should that make a difference? From reading the news and stuff, any bonehead can get 5k plat and some friends together. Does that give them the special right to do what they want? I know I don't mud much anymore, but your posts still make no sense. I checked out some of your other ones, and you appear to have this warped sense of RP. If everything is RP to you, then do you just want the imms of Sojourn3 to make some troll god to smack you around, and then you are fine? Dude, you just make no sense.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed May 22, 2002 7:20 pm

funny, i didnt notice a Jaznolg post here.
but thanks for your 2cents booger...er um goober(is there a diference?)
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Wed May 22, 2002 7:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>the 2 word title is so gay. 3 should be allowed when one of the words is a word like "of"

did you all know you must have a description per the description rules in order to be a member of a guild? reason, cause anything after your name is a title and anyone with a title must have a description per the title rules. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing angers me more than when young kids refer to detrimental things as 'gay'.

I'm not sure of everyone's mastery of the English language, but "Maker of Mayhem" can also be represented as "Mayhem Maker" without losing too much.

------------------
Gorkl
Sojourner

Postby Gorkl » Wed May 22, 2002 8:16 pm

but thanks for your 2cents booger...er um goober(is there a diference?)

Yes a goober is a chocolate covered rasin.

fart self
mmmmmmm chocolate
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed May 22, 2002 9:20 pm

i thank you gnome, i was so upset i over looked the obvious, mayhem maker is almost the same, Jaznolg is sitting next to me, he said change your guild name to mayhem and make your title maker of, rofl....
but i still think the rule is GAY

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-22-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed May 22, 2002 9:28 pm

Gay means happy, bright and cheerful. I'm so glad it's that good for you.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Wed May 22, 2002 10:32 pm

Turxx should get his title back. He's had it for a while, and I think it's pointless to remove it from him. All just because of the word "of" ?? After all this time it was just now noticed that he had 3 words in his title?

Turxx, don't worry I have faith that you'll get it back.....There's just not enough reason as to why you shouldn't.

------------------
Leah A. W.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Wed May 22, 2002 11:01 pm

Hey. . . I couldn't pass up this post.

Some of you might be wondering why the hell Im 'droog'. A number of you have asked me about it already. Its not a last name. Its just the default 'member' title for our guild. I was stripped of my title. Why? Not really sure. It didn't fit a guild, I was told.

Now, I didn't really title myself. You did. Over the 7-8 years that I have been Waelos/Weylarii people have called me "Lost" etc. Why? I don't really know. Maybe you guys can tell me. I suspect someone just added a 'T' to Waelos and the rest is history. I just accepted it and one day adopted it as my title. I don't have a story, as I didn't create the name. Yet, I was stripped of it because it doesn't conform with someone else's idea of RP or whatever. For me, its like being asked to change a pregenerated character's name because I didn't come up with a story that fit that random conglomeration of letters put together by a machine.

Sure, you can call me uncreative, lazy, stupid, a jackass, or whatever. I'll put on my asbestos underpants for the flames I'm sure to get. But I think its lame that its OK for someone to write a story about how they sodomize cows in their sleep for 2 pages and are allowed a title like "Super Somnambulant Bovine Buttlover" yet a title/name that has evolved naturally, through the imaginations and ideosynchroses of the very players who make this mud what it is is rejected because its squareness does not fit into a prescribed round hole.

Anyway, thanks for listning =)

No longer Lost

------------------
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed May 22, 2002 11:06 pm

personally, i liked guild-rank based titles, with custom titles for founders of the guild. at level 50 - get your own title if you story it.
the titles are no longer a symbol, but like duris - a way to show off. i sympathize about losing the titles, and how it must suck, but rules are rules - if they don't enforce em, pandemonium ensues.
its still just a game, we still KNOW gormal will always be Gormal Goatlover, whatever the title he may have is. words on a screen people, words on a screen.

-Daz

------------------
In the Great Cat's silence we walk,
In its speed we strike,
In its strength we find victory,
In its Pride, we return,
Home.
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Wed May 22, 2002 11:39 pm

The majority of posters about this topic wanted more strictness on titles.

You got what you asked for.

Shaddap already.

If you wanna moan? Email Gormal your thoughts. He's the one who caused the change in policy with his thread on this topic. Blame him.

------------------
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Wed May 22, 2002 11:43 pm

Your title would be fine as Makes Mayhem or Making Mayhem or something or even Make Mayhem.. so i don't see why this is a problem, level 50 is a very difficult place to reach and 3 word titles are a privledge to those who are dedicated enough to do boring exp for hours after hours.. even if you have 2k hours logged into the mud.. i don't think that time spent is the same as the dedication it takes to level past 46.. i may have about 1k hours spread across my chars on this incarnation and im sure over the past 6 or 7 years ive had much more, but i don't think that is important or even says what kind of a player you are or how good you are... which is what level 50 shows more.. but thats just my opinion on the matter Image and youll find changing my opinion is as hard as changing yoru underwear after you've worn them for 10 years... (nods solemely)

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Thu May 23, 2002 12:46 am

i take offense to the implication that because i am not level 50 i am not a dedicated player, my log time for turxx is like 78days, and thats after i took like 3-4 months off due to circmstances beyond my control.
i am very dedicated to this game and my char, only i choose to spend my time in other ways while i play.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu May 23, 2002 12:55 am

ive got 30 days with a 7 month vacation for work. i guess i must have zero dedication :P

dedication has NOTHING to do with ptime. just because you play all the time does not mean you are a dedicated player.

you MAY be, but your time played does not show it. you could have too much free time, and an inability to move on with your life. we don't know. i don't know you. posting your playtime doesn't tell me anything about your dedication.

nothing personal, just thought i would interject that.

------------------
In the Great Cat's silence we walk,
In its speed we strike,
In its strength we find victory,
In its Pride, we return,
Home.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu May 23, 2002 4:18 pm

I'm not going to talk about dedication, or if level 50 is the "holy grail" of title time.

The rules have been there, if the gods decide to make a change, they will. If they decide to not count "of" or any other conjunction, fine. Otherwise, the gameplan for regaining that title are and have been laid out before you.

One thing I will add, Its nice to know Waelos finally found his way home, I know his parents were getting worried about him spending all those years LOST. In his and very few cases, I wouldn't see any issue with him, or a few others who have had like titles for years be able to keep them. But I would also think it uber cool if Waelos would write a story on his ventures, more because I'd like to read it than any requirements for regaining the Lost title.

Toplack

------------------
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu May 23, 2002 4:21 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Waelos:
<B>Hey. . . I couldn't pass up this post.

Some of you might be wondering why the hell Im 'droog'. A number of you have asked me about it already. Its not a last name. Its just the default 'member' title for our guild. I was stripped of my title. Why? Not really sure. It didn't fit a guild, I was told.

Now, I didn't really title myself. You did. Over the 7-8 years that I have been Waelos/Weylarii people have called me "Lost" etc. Why? I don't really know. Maybe you guys can tell me. I suspect someone just added a 'T' to Waelos and the rest is history. I just accepted it and one day adopted it as my title. I don't have a story, as I didn't create the name. Yet, I was stripped of it because it doesn't conform with someone else's idea of RP or whatever. For me, its like being asked to change a pregenerated character's name because I didn't come up with a story that fit that random conglomeration of letters put together by a machine.

Sure, you can call me uncreative, lazy, stupid, a jackass, or whatever. I'll put on my asbestos underpants for the flames I'm sure to get. But I think its lame that its OK for someone to write a story about how they sodomize cows in their sleep for 2 pages and are allowed a title like "Super Somnambulant Bovine Buttlover" yet a title/name that has evolved naturally, through the imaginations and ideosynchroses of the very players who make this mud what it is is rejected because its squareness does not fit into a prescribed round hole.

No longer Lost

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think weylarii's title change was _bullshit_. if ANYONE has ever been lead into UM by wey you'll understand why we call him that. or any other zone for that matter. everytime i'm given directions by him i always get lost.

-Dartan

P.S. i love you mang

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop2/stuntaname/icyhot.gif

Postby Guest » Thu May 23, 2002 4:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Waelos:
<B>Hey. . . I couldn't pass up this post.

No longer Lost

Actually, you were told quite plainly by both Erevan and myself that you couldn't keep your "Lost" title because it was a personal title rather than a rank in your guild. Just like every other level 50, you were given the option if you wanted to keep the title to write up a quick story on either how you got the title, or a story illustrating on you illustrating how it is appropriate.

You took it upon yourself to throw a childish fit (I still have the petition log if you want to see it) then retitle yourself to "Chef" and "Slayer of Mobs". Not once did I, or anyone else that I'm aware of, tell you that you couldn't have the title "Lost" for RP reasons or any of the other reasons you stated. So, you being "stripped" of the title is completely by your choice, not ours. We merely asked you to conform to the same rules that we uphold everyone else to.
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Thu May 23, 2002 5:47 pm

Well, I see you went with Mayhem Maker! It's so different from Maker of Mayhem! What a drastic change! Image

Is everyone happy now?

------------------
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu May 23, 2002 11:31 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by goober:
Yes, we all knew this since it was posted in the news and in the help file. Kind of funny that only two people have any problem with this. Also funny that Turxx, who loves to proclaim how he "RPs" his character is bitching about a rule, descriptions and titles, that appears to be RP based. Can we say hypocrite?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

who was the second person?

I had no problem with loosing my "guild title"

I talked w/the Immortal "gentlepeople" and if i ever finish my story i can get it back. I just letting "smart troll" he not alone..

and i think the reason i dont have my last name anymore is because my title was to long...

I am curious though... i have noticed a few umm good aligned titles that boggled the hell out of me as to how they where allowed.. and a few evil ones too but not as many

even after reading their assoc info..
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Fri May 24, 2002 12:07 am

my 50th title was not going to be Maker of Mayhem, i had my 50th title picked since i rolled the char, this petition has nothing to do with anything but MY GUILD title
and no, i am not happy at all, but i am less upset than i was.

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-24-2002).]
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sat May 25, 2002 3:59 am

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-25-2002).]
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sat May 25, 2002 5:01 am

the rule came about because so many people had really lame titles, a la EQ and diablo.

you're just going to have to live with it, turxx. they're not gonna change it just for you.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sat May 25, 2002 6:11 am

you very well maybe right, but my protest stands, and in protest i will go without a title
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Sat May 25, 2002 6:42 am

Ahh the silent protest.. the best type.. (nods) (no scarcasm, really im glad you decided to go that way, thanks).

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat May 25, 2002 9:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gnerble:
<B>Well, I see you went with Mayhem Maker! It's so different from Maker of Mayhem! What a drastic change! Image

Is everyone happy now?

heh good point gnerble. i agree Maker of Mayhem and Mayhem Maker are so close, why did it need to be changed.

seems rather silly to me, if turxx has a hardon for the title "maker of mayhem" and feels that "mayhem maker" is stupid, why force him to be the mayhem maker? oh rules, thats right, there something sacred about the word "of" i mean 3 word titles. theres something sacred about being 50 in order to have a 3 word title.

jesus. so in order to participate in this form of RP you have to be a hack slash master first. maybe turxx should just stop RPing and focus on whats really important getting to 50. maybe he should stop helping out all those level 1 trolls, wasting 40 minutes to an hour each time when he could be mindlessly assisting and racking up those notches. guess he should stop exploring and dieing and going from level 47 to level 43. really, hes said he has what 78 days in the game? regardless of how you spent that time, i think you might be entitled to a title.

matter of fact, current title rules should be revamped. levels mean dick when it comes down to it. you shouldnt be able to have a 3 word title till you have 50 play days.

i understand the importance of rules, however, i think you should rethink how inflexible you wanna be on something very subjective and very sensitive like a rp/name/title.

was "of" so important that you had to rain on his parade? who gonna be more inclined to rp. someoen excited and takes a deep interest in his char or someone who has his concept shot down over the word "of".

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 05-25-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat May 25, 2002 3:33 pm

Argue it as you will, the fact remains that if they make an exception for Turxx, then the exception will set the standard, because if they make an exception for Turxx, then it would be unfair to not allow others. Too bad everybody seems to think they should be allowed to be the exception for one reason or another.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sat May 25, 2002 5:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
Argue it as you will, the fact remains that if they make an exception for Turxx, then the exception will set the standard, because if they make an exception for Turxx, then it would be unfair to not allow others. Too bad everybody seems to think they should be allowed to be the exception for one reason or another.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i said absolutly nothing about making an exception for me(with the exception maybe that guild leades should be aloud to choose any title they want[within reason], as it is a guild title and it is THEIR GUILD!), help title, i protest rule 4 PERIOD! guilds are private organizations, with rule 4 i feel the gods have over stepped. if there was a problem with my title it should have been made clear in the begining, not 7 months later, i guess there were alot of stupid and inappropriate titles while i was away and things got out of hand, now i suffer for the actions of some fricken idiots?!? thats not fair and its not right, there are a whole list of rules adressing the problem effectivly without rule 4. the more i think about it the madder i get, ARG! there arent even words!
the rules in my guild were simple, each member choose a title fitting to their role in the guild.
you fricken freaks can whine all you want about "the way things should be" till you puke and untill it directly affects me i coudnt care less, once your WHINING affects my life im going to raise my voice.
the more i think about it the more it bothers me.
my protest stands, i will remain without a title untill rule 4 is reviewed and changed.
to tell me i am not a dedicated player and do not deserve a RP title is.....
ill bet that most level 50 players either do not rp at all or getting to 50 had nothing to do with RP but rather an extensive knowledge of the game and many friends in high places(by that i mean their little elite click).

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-25-2002).]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat May 25, 2002 6:11 pm

im not saying make an exception for turxx.

im saying either the rationale on which this rule is based is flawed or the enforcement is too strict. Its a sensitive and highly subjective area, I don't believe the correct answer to why "Maker of Mayhem" is disallowed but "Mayhem Maker" is should be because its 3 words and your not 50 + story.

If you wanted to refuse the title "The Maker of Mayhem" or "The Mayhem Maker" I wouldn't be so quick to disagree, but in Turxx's example, the rule was interpreted far too strictly. you trying to suffocate rp with rules and a strict and narrow view point or you trying to grow it with encouragement and diverse settings?

think about it, what does getting 50 have to do with RP, what is the difference between 3 words and 2 especially when one is "of". werent title rules revamped over bad titles? explain to me how 3 words makes a title bad unless your 50?
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Sat May 25, 2002 9:32 pm

Thank you for the show of support D, =) *hug!*

Kia - Childish fit? c'mon. Anything a mortal does with you is childish. But that is not the point. The point is, by your silly standards and 'rules' the title 'Beautician' was OK. YOU accepted it. YOU said it was OK because the person who adopted that title had they spell 'beautify'. So, since I can FORAGE, and make food, I decided that by your very same criteria, I could be titled 'Chef'. I even went to Brass to get a chef's hat to appease everyone. But, the 'rules' changed, and that wasn't ok. So, I had to look at my role in my guild a littler harder to find out what an 'appropriate' title would be. What do rangers do? Hrmm. . . they're hitters! OK, so I kill mobs. That is a direct translation of what I 'do' for my guild, which is, indeed, part of the acceptable 'criteria' for a guild title. Am I taking it to unacceptable extremes? Yes. But guess what? they fall into YOUR boundries for rules. I was trying to demonstrate how following the rules can be more ridiculous than bending them. And if you recall I did submit a short story explaining the original title, but it wasn't good enough. Wasn't close to 'two pages', I admit. But it explained the title well enough. You guys have enough to worry about running this game for us, I really can't understand why patrolling such a minute detail is so important to you. Is it any wonder certain people feel like they are unliked or discriminated against ? You're like the cop that pulls someone over for picking their nose while driving for 'reckless endangerment by not having two hands on the wheel at all times'. My title was not ridiculous, or un-fantasy, or obscene, or otherwise obnoxious or gaudy and nor did it draw undue attention. What happened to the 'relaxed with common sense' attitude go that we had worked so hard to foster this incarnation? Everywhere else it seems it is alive and well, yet we're back to the old ways with titles? I could understand if I had wanted to be "Squirrelmaster" or "Rabbitrider" or "Lizardlashlover" or something ridiculous. . . I woudl deseve having the title removed. And yes, the title WAS stripped. YOu removed it. I didn't. I could have it reinstated if I wrote a story or what not. It was still stripped, because it had been GRANTED and APPROVED by you (meaning the Imms). But that is just semantics. I just want to understand why it was OK for a year, and now everything has changed? Oh yes, I read the help files on titles. Its the same file that was in a year ago. So that didn't change. Anyway, this is just a request to lighten up. Everything was working fine before. . . if there are a few really glaring problems, pull folks aside. "Hey, Weylarii. . .I dont think "Suck Queen" is quite appropriate for a title. . . OK, gotcha.

Anyway, I wish y'all peace. Thats all I want =)

No longer Lost (nor Chef, Nor Slayer of Mobs)

------------------
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun May 26, 2002 4:20 am

I'm glad to see titles are being regulated at all, if a little harshly. Last wipe you didn't get an individual title unless you were an officer or higher, and even then you were restricted to help title. Regular guild members were given guild rank-specific titles. Ours were Scout and Outrider.

Plus, I was only allowed two colors as a guild leader, in addition to the rules stated. Several under-50s online right now have 3 color titles, and one has 4. A level 50 has 5 colors in his guild title. That's already more freedom than we used to get.

Rule 2 says your title must "reflect your Associate status/rank, not personal accomplishments." If you want to be argumentative about it, Lost doesn't fit that concept at all, and neither does Maker of Mayhem. Both are nicknames, or identifiers given to one player only. If every Officer of Blood Raiders had a title that incorporated Mayhem, then it would be a guild status title.

And by the way, I wrote a story last wipe about how Ragorn infiltrated a camp of Orcs and Ogres, assassinated the leader, freed some slaves, and escaped without detection. I intended to use it to back up the title "Ethereal Protector", in reference to his Ranger ability to sneak through a wilderness outpost with the stealth of a wraith. Mystra promptly turned my title down without giving any evidence she'd even read the story, citing that "The ethereal plane is not a natural place, and thus not in context with your class." So y'know, let me not weep over the fact that you had to change "Maker of Mayhem" to "Mayhem Maker", ok?

Thank you though, for protesting silently. Makes it all the easier to not pay attention to you Image Perhaps you should put the bottle and rattle down and boldly step forward into the realm of adults, eh?

- Ragorn
My character hates trolls. Especially whiny asshole trolls.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun May 26, 2002 5:20 am

heh, ok so his protest isnt so silent, but he stood up for what he believes in said some shit, and is now choosing to go without a title. back off, there arent many better ways to go about it. hes choosing to do without a title at all rather than have one he doesnt like, how does that affect you.

and daz, ptime is a damn good measure of commitment. if you mean of skills, then sure, 78 days doesnt mean you have any skills. course there are some folks that login and idle all day at work, but while he does idle, not like that. those 78 days were spent exploring, dieing, and doing long ass cr's that he was mostly responsible for. he was 47 at one point and 43 a month later (most corpses rotted), and now back to 46. but i suppose that means he isn't dedicated cause he not 50. how many of yall would lose 3 levels and keep coming back.

as for maker of mayhem not fitting his guild, debatable. hes the chief of blood raiders, not sunday school. he starts plenty of shit, and quite frankly turxx makes more mayhem than anyone i know cept perhaps moreithel.

as for you not being able to have ethereal protector, i somewhat agree that its not such a fitting title imo, but i don't think its lame enough that you couldn't have it. so rags, what are you going for here. you want others to experience the same that you did? put a lot of effort into writing a story then have the basis totally shot down by someone else's purely subjective decision?

waelos, heh, while i agree with you in principle, picking titles you knew were wrong but technically fit the rules wasn't such a good idea. it just steels their resolve to by the book enforce a rule. kinda like when you work in customer service and you get a bunch of stupid ass customer requests. you just feed them the rules and say nothin i can do.

can we please loosen up on the title rules? no i dont wanna go back to silly titles, but your killing the patient curing the disease.

oh and about me using the word gay as a negative word. you understood me right? 99.9% of American English speakers would also understand me right? writing is for the purpose of communication, so I achieved the purpose. till folks start speaking and writing correct english all the time, i dont think you have a basis other than personal to tell me which words to use. this ain't a paper for acadamia.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 05-26-2002).]
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon May 27, 2002 1:15 am

The point I'm driving at is, it's good that we finally have a hard and fast set of rules. And perhaps being complainy isn't the best way to get them changed, that's all.

- Ragorn

------------------
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon May 27, 2002 2:09 am

Hard and fast set of rules I'm not so sure of.

I've tried very hard to understand the criteria and its really been useless. I am still surprised that certain titles are allowed (in particular, the title of our favorite !level 50 evil clown), and then I see some titles that weren't allowed in my guild that I thought complied. When it comes down to it, there are no hard and set rules. Its basically the discretion and taste of the admins. Although that setup isn't necessarily a bad thing if it is applied fairly...

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.

Postby Guest » Mon May 27, 2002 5:51 am

<B>Thank you for the show of support D, =) *hug!*

Kia - Childish fit? c'mon. Anything a mortal does with you is childish.
</B>
rest snipped...
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*shrug* let everyone judge for themselves. He's the exact exchange as it happened. I replaced the other peoples' names that he mentioned.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
*** ASSOCLOG: Weylarii changed Weylarii's title to Damager of Mobs.

You have changed Weylarii's title to Droog succesfully.

You ptell Weylarii 'that's not an acceptable title and you know it'

Weylarii petitions 'really? it describes what I do exactly'

Weylarii petitions 'Chef wasn't appropriate, although I make food for my guild'

Weylarii petitions 'yet crap like XXXX, YYYY, etc is still out there. what was wrong with my original title?'

You ptell Weylarii 'other than the fact that's it's 100% non-roleplay'

Weylarii petitions 'I tried Roleplay, it was axed'

You ptell Weylarii 'XXXX has had numerous stories in order to keep it.'

You ptell Weylarii 'Chef is not appropriate to your race, class or story of your association. If you want to write a story to keep it, you're more than welcome to'

Weylarii petitions 'uh, every incarnation of my existance here has translated to 'Lost' or Weylost or Waelost or The lost, thats 8 years Kia'

Weylarii petitions 'why can't I keep that?'

Weylarii petitions 'it was more than appropriate, and supported'

You ptell Weylarii 'and if you want to write a story for it to keep it, you were told you could.'

You ptell Weylarii 'it's a personal title. You don't get personal titles for being in an association. You get personal titles for getting level 50 and writing a story for it'

Weylarii petitions 'Do you realyl want me to go down the list of unacceptable titles Kia?'

You ptell Weylarii 'sure, go for it'

Weylarii petitions 'ok great! so XXXX is related to an association how/ isnt that personal?'

You ptell Weylarii 'again, he wrote a story for it. That's why he gets it. Just like I told you you could do if you wanted "The Lost"'

Weylarii petitions 'ZZZZ? hrmm doesn't sound like a rank'

You ptell Weylarii 'describes his duties in the association, it isn't a personal title.'

Weylarii petitions 'Kia, jesus christ explain to me how to write a story of
8 years of being just who I am?'

Weylarii petitions 'once upon a time, I was lost. there, happy?'

Weylarii petitions 'why are you being so petty? its really silly'

You ptell Weylarii 'I'm not being petty at all. I'm holding you to the same standards as everyone else.'

Weylarii petitions 'I just wrote you a story, may I have the title now?'

You ptell Weylarii 'you're one of many people that had to have their titles
altered, but for some reason, only you have had a problem with it.'

Weylarii petitions 'yeah, I dont really have time to write an 8 year story, sorry'

You ptell Weylarii 'then you'll have to have a title that isn't a personal title, and reflects what you do in the guild in a roleplay fashion.'

Weylarii petitions '"ONCE UPON A TIME I WAS LOST< SO NOW THAT IS MY TITLE" ok how's that?'

Weylarii petitions 'put that in your files as my story =P'

You ptell Weylarii 'if you want to try to submit that as a story for a title, go for it. I'm guessing that Erevan will probaly refuse it.'

Weylarii petitions 'nah, I'll have a chat with him. he's generally pretty cool about stupid shit like this Kia =P'

Weylarii petitions 'he's not really petty'

You ptell Weylarii '*shrug* feel free. He'll tell you the same thing. '

Weylarii petitions 'and doesn't have power issues every so many months =P'

Weylarii petitions 'maybe, maybe not. doesnt really matter to me. just one more thing crippling things'

Weylarii petitions 'hell, even Kris had to take a break'

You ptell Weylarii 'I'm not petty at all. Again, you were one of many that we all looked at and raised with issues with their titles. I'm sorry you feel that I'm singling you out. There's nothign I can say that prove to you otherwise.'

Weylarii petitions '*shrug* there's plenty that you can do, but you won't =) ask any player on the mud, for the last 4-5 years who 'Lost' was, and it'd be me. that in and of iteself is a story. =P anyway, time to go. '

</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You then lost link.

This is the last post I'm going to add here. If anyone wishes to ask questions regarding titles you are more than welcome to contact Erevan or myself.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Mon May 27, 2002 5:57 am

Now I know why Kia made Avernus!

heheh

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon May 27, 2002 6:44 am

Kia.. its very inappropriate to post a log of a private conversation. Its bad enough when mortals post logs of conversations they have with each other in tells. Its worse when a forger admin violates the understanding that a conversation is private.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon May 27, 2002 6:46 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jurdex:
<B>Now I know why Kia made Avernus!

heheh

Dornax
Jurdex

smooch smooch

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon May 27, 2002 7:04 am

I'm confused, is Corth kissing Jurdex?

------------------
-Yayaril
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Mon May 27, 2002 7:24 am

Corth, I'm getting pretty tired of seeing your smooch smooch remarks in regards to me. If you think I'm sucking up, so be it, but to keep displaying it in an open forum in the childish manner you do is getting a bit much. I respectfully ask you to keep your comments in regards to posts I make that don't invole you to yourself.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Mon May 27, 2002 7:55 am

ok, kiryan, turdd, if i just sit there, afk, for about 24 hours a day.. im sure in no time ill hit that 50 ptime (Ok in 2 months) but i could be level 10, then i can strut my self, level 10 with a silly title? Then the 2nd point is, someone who has played here for 10 years, gets to 50 with about 15 days ptime, plus has done all sorts of things in that 15 days (quests, helping ppl, zones) and they aren't allowed a title because they aren't "Dedicated?" either way you break it down it doesn't seem fair.. 45 might be a more realistic point.. not too hard to get, as long as they write the story, really enjoy RP and the title is good, why not? of course, why not let a level 35 then either?.. level restriction? just means the staff must want ppl who are willing to spend hours and hours of killing things really boring.. (or days and days of getting zone exp Image enchanters must have it rough if they want a title.. leveling them even in the 20s is a pain.. and think of how many level 50 enchanters you know compared to any other class...

[45 Warrior ] Mishri Destroyer of Ebils (Barbarian)

cuz i kill evil things.. (nods)
Nazruth
Sojourner

Postby Nazruth » Mon May 27, 2002 8:55 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>Kia.. its very inappropriate to post a log of a private conversation. Its bad enough when mortals post logs of conversations they have with each other in tells. Its worse when a forger admin violates the understanding that a conversation is private.

Corth

I agree with Corth %100. Posting what was concidered a private discussion by the player without their consent is unacceptable. It is obvious that the person who is being inconsiderate to a childish level is Kiaransalee.

-- Naz

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”