Rolling Stats?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Nokie
Sojourner

Rolling Stats?

Postby Nokie » Fri Feb 09, 2001 6:22 pm

When rolling stats for Sojourn, does the distribution of points all add up to about the same number? Or is it possible to have some higher or some lower total points?

Thanks!
Nokie Quickfingers
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Fri Feb 09, 2001 7:01 pm

An additional question:

Are we going to get more flexibility with stats? (i.e. more than 3 bonuses to distribute, or somethin else)
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Fri Feb 09, 2001 10:15 pm

wow thats a great question Nokey
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Feb 10, 2001 8:49 pm

In the last incarnation of Sojourn, the average of your stats on rolling could never be higher than 75. That explains why you never see godly rolls like you do on duris, and why you have to go through billions of "2 good 6 fair" rolls to get something workable.

Ragorn had a terrific roll, considering. He was exactly 9 points off his top con and str notch, he had 79 dex, putting him at 100 with the Godly Dex Ring of Godliness (shiny crimson). 83 wis and 79 int, and he paid for all of that with a 33 cha!

- Ragorn
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Sat Feb 10, 2001 9:33 pm

Zuurn had an excellent roll IMO:
STR:100 AGI:89 DEX:78 CON:100
POW: 78 WIS:60 INT: 59 CHA 16
With my tribal mask i had a 99 AGI so its all good =)

Image -Zuurn *UgLy Troll* Image

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 10, 2001 10:08 pm

Rho, Barb Warrior had awesome stats as well (IMHO):
STR:91 AGI:92 DEX:77 CON:100
POW: 50 WIS:60 INT: 60 CHA 68
With EQ, he was quite useful
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Sat Feb 10, 2001 10:48 pm

Flexibility on stats sounds like a pretty good idea, but soj stats roller is not bad so we might not need any fixes on that, i don't remember getting bad stats on either goodie/evil side if i only spended a coupple hours in building a char worth of leveling.
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Sat Feb 10, 2001 11:06 pm

Well, I wish I could remember my stats from some of my chars. I think the best set of stats I rolled was for a ranger during Soj2.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember a time when the roller was made like hardcore tough. After a while it seemed to be a little easier. This is all since the golden days when it was possible to get 8 goods if you rolled long enough.

All in all, I liked the way the roller was in Soj2. It will be nice to be able to see numbers on rolls, however. (I think Miax said we would be able to, as well as see our numbers pre-10... again, whap me if I'm giving out false info).

I was usually one of those people that would roll for at least 20 mins because I tried to get stats that were both good for my class, as well as suited to what kind of character I wanted to play (they're different things, I just can't explain it better).

One thing I always wanted to know was what the bonus numbers were. My best guess was that they were around 5-7 stat points. Anybody know for sure?

Harthorm/Twiblin

[This message has been edited by Harthorm (edited 02-10-2001).]
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Sun Feb 11, 2001 3:24 pm

I always believed they were like +3 stat points per bonus.

Image -Z Image
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Sun Feb 11, 2001 3:54 pm

Yep, Harthorm, you are correct about stats seen as numbers from roll to getting into the game as lvl 1. I think the info might even be in the main news link on the website. I do remember for a fact that Miax said you can see your stat numbers while rolling and when you enter the game as lvl 1. So I wonder how many people are gonna be rolling for that godly set of stats rather than playing? Image
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Sun Feb 11, 2001 10:14 pm

Well, I think being able to see stats will cause people to roll for less time. Here's my reasoning:

If I can see that I have, for the past 10 rolls, only gotten 3 stats 75+ consistently, then I know that it isn't likely I'll get 4 stats 75+. Therefore, I'll be more likely to accept a roll with only 3 stats at 75+. Make sense? But then again, maybe I'm just feeling "lucky" today.

My point is, it takes the guesswork out of rolling and should make some of the people who are like me roll for shorter periods of time, instead of agonizing over whether that "good" is really good, if you catch my drift.

Harthorm/Twiblin
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:39 pm

Bumping this as a service to the n00bs who posted recently.

As you can see, it's only gotten easier over the past.

------------------
"All yer asses are mine, prepare to die mightily by my sadism!" - Malar

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”