Wow...check this out AGAIN...

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Axxsinlazzam
Sojourner

Wow...check this out AGAIN...

Postby Axxsinlazzam » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:29 am

I know this has been posted on the bbs before about illithid damage in the arena.
BUT man... Our skills really do suck there.
I'm talking about 2 people fighting. Gnome to Illithid.
With a skill level of 93 in Ultrablast and i'm only doing around 80 points of damage
to someone thats the same level as me...
With that person resisting just about everytime i use a skill...Something is just plain wrong.

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT UPGRADING ILLITHIDS OUTSIDE OF THE ARENA.

I'm just talking about the skill usage in the arena.
We have skills that should protect us from falling (ie catfall) It dont work. Mindblank should be in my humble opinion be reducing our damage
to the levels its doing in the arena, with out that to balance the damage being do my Illithids, what chance do we have against caster types in the arena
who cast spells that make us fall,ie earthquake, and that ice thingie by ellies.

Please dont take this as a flame toward the gods...but man...something needs to be adjusted for illithids in the arena..PLEASE!!!

End of rant.

Start of next rant. Image

Whats the deal with drow warriors? I think thier dodge and parry skills should make them better against melee type mobs than ogres and trolls.
I agree that ogres and trolls should have better hit points...but to have thier parry and dodge around the same level does not make sense to me.
Drow = nimble and quick (better dodge and parry) and better hit rolls.
Ogres and Trolls = Massive hp to survive area spells (except for trolls and inferno Image)

Can some one please help me with this?

Where is that funny yayalil...lilyaya pest that always posts or something?

In the Immortal words of a true Blood Raider...
Axxsinlazzam group-says " I'm going in like a soldier!"

Axxsinlazzam has left the group

The Axx

[This message has been edited by Axxsinlazzam (edited 07-09-2002).]
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:20 am

I was the gnome and it was sad. 1 nuke the entire fight landed, right at the end and it did about 80 hp damage. I know the arena isn't super high priority but we have fun in it. And right now Illithids aren't havin much fun.
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:26 am

I'm thinking that axx doesn't have enough power. The more power you have the less likely people are to resist you. Wear +max power, +power whatever.. get it the highest you can.

Plus mobs and players never fully resist the effects, they almost always take some damage. As far as I understand it.

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:50 am

At one point Shev said he had knobs that could be tweaked to adjust only arena damage. Sounds like illithid knobs need tweaking Image

------------------
- Ragorn
Jenera says 'i managed to match a little, ragorn's outfit is hideous.'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:56 am

It isn't so much that ogres are nimble as that they place a large hand over thyne nemies face and taunt 'nah nah you cann't reach me'.

See posts on grey elf warriors, hell no i not going to look em all up fer ya. Only barb warriors are good, I am ANTI class flattening! plz no-one mention 'that' drow warrior, plz?

"barbs get away with it cos they don't understand, dorfs just like it"
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:48 pm

join the club axx
arena is just for fun, if you dont like getting your ass handed to you as an illithid, dont go in Image

I only voluntarly fight mage/priests until some buthole melee comes in and kills me ..00..

spell damage 250 max over 2-3 rounds.... melee 400 damage 1 round
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:10 pm

*Hug* Axxsinlazzam

*Agree* Axxsinlazzam

------------------
Leah A. W.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:56 pm

illithids, by all rights should own the arena

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:19 pm

Just so ya know, I virtually never work on something for the arena. I do read the posts, but I personally am totally unconcerned with this part of the game, at least given the notion that there are other things that need to be fixed, and you can't lose exp or eq (hopefully) from PC vs. PC.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:00 pm

But you can lose prestige! And you know what that means? That's right! No Sojourn III Balloon Animals for you!

- Grungar 'Secretary of the Balloon Doggies' Forgefire

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”