Need Resume opinions

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Need Resume opinions

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:36 am

Ok, just got a nice web resume nearly finished and want to know what people think of it. I figured that using html I could keep the basic resume form, but put in extra information that employers might want to look at. I just want to make sure nothing is drastically wrong with it... heh. Check it out at http://www.cs.rit.edu/~mcr1276/Resume.html

On a highly, highly related note: If any of you know someone who is looking for a computer programmer, feel free to send them this link. If you _are_ someone who wants to hire a computer programmer, feel free to hire me. Image

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:42 pm

Oh yeah, should also mention that this is really only likely to look good in Internet Explorer. It does funny things to html, and I developed it using mostly IE... so things don't look right on browsers that read html properly. Image Will eventually try to make it look halfway decent across most browsers...

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:26 pm

Sooo..... should I take the complete lack of replies to mean it looks perfect? Or that no-one cares enough to bother looking at it? Image

------------------
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:31 pm

Looks pretty good to me Sarvis. Clicking the links to get more information in the box is a nice touch. I would add operating systems I am familiar with to it, and lose the References available upon request line. Every resume book I have read says that should be implied for any professional position. Looks good enough for me to consider ganking though.

------------------
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We will flow a river forth unto Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:33 pm

lose this part and dedication to my craft.
and last time I went to look at it it wouldn't load into netscape so make sure it is any browser compliant for best results.
personally I would never put my resume online with the sickos that live out there, but that's up to you.

------------------
Azuth God of Wizardry and Majiks
apprentice
Sojourner

Postby apprentice » Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:29 pm

That lower box in which the messages appear is too small. I can only read 2 lines at a time in there and have to continuously click on the scroll button.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jul 13, 2002 1:52 am

Ok thanks guys. I've made the changes you suggested so far.

Azuth, what version of netscape did you use? It loads fine on the latest one... it could be that your browser is too old and doesn't support iframes, I may need to put a link in that will display instead of iframes for older browsers. However the page itself should still have loaded...

apprentice, what browser are you using? It appeared fine in IE, Opera and Netscape. I switched the frame from using percentages to using a certain number of pixels though... hopefully that will help. Can you let me know?

------------------
apprentice
Sojourner

Postby apprentice » Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:24 am

IE 5.50... its better now, the bottom box was tiny before but its the same size as the top one now.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”