Tiamat items

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Tiamat items

Postby Dalar » Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:41 pm

Arch-magi staff should be wielded so every mage has a better chance at getting one.

Volos should be changed from boots to cloak. Why? B/c if you combine hide cloak with volo boots you can make any pc a rogue.
A mystical cloak of the traveller sounds great!

Flame away

------------------
Dartan group-says 'Malacar I'm going to dropkick you for starting that omg Ymir thing'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:47 pm

snakes want boots too!!
cough

besides all snakes need +100 moves? Image

cloaks would own

hmmf

i want a neutral char....
gauntlets of speed
shimmering cloak
volo
== fast moving sneaky hiding sob Image
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:53 pm

beef up staff's stats and make it 2h. gives you some extra gear to split. its gay to see you wielding (holding) two staffs at the same time and someday it will be truly gay to see one mage hold 2 tia staffs.

as far as volos, i like them themed as boots, but it sucks hard for snakes as volos is one of the most powerful items in the game. as far as to prevent twinkiness with hide cloak, the answer to that has always been get rid of items that grant you !fail hide.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:00 pm

I actually agree with Kiryan there, I think tia staff should be beefier and 2-handed. I'd love it. But not wielded, 2-hand held like the demon shard. THAT would be a staff.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:17 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>Arch-magi staff should be wielded so every mage has a better chance at getting one.

Volos should be changed from boots to cloak. Why? B/c if you combine hide cloak with volo boots you can make any pc a rogue.
A mystical cloak of the traveller sounds great!

Flame away

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and that way they'd be wearable by Yuan-Ti illusionists too...
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:57 am

Score one for Itchy.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:37 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iyachtu:
<B> Yes, and that way they'd be wearable by Yuan-Ti illusionists too...

well since i found out hide cloak is neck, that argument is shot. either way, putting tiamat items in different slots really messes up the eq of existing zones. it's like darkstone and adamantium neckguard. who would buy a darkstone when they could shoot for that neckguard. also putting volos onto about body would be similar to why you guys put fly on about body (gossamer, griffon, deva. yes i know there's a fly helm)

------------------
Dartan group-says 'Malacar I'm going to dropkick you for starting that omg Ymir thing'
Rivi
Sojourner

Postby Rivi » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:00 pm

I haven't been playing in a long time, but I heard from a friend that tail items are in right? How about allow some Yuanti island quests to change boots to tail items. Or maybe some combination of feet/leg items into tail items.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:21 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iyachtu:
<B> Yes, and that way they'd be wearable by Yuan-Ti illusionists too...

naw just let drow or somoene other than snakes be illusionists... the argument not many people play snakes dont cut it....
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:01 pm

Tia staff is fine the way it is statwise. I don't understand why it'd need to be wielded, other than to prevent 2 staves being held/wielded.

2handed is silly. :P

I use staff and orb, looks fine. Just make it so you can't be using 2 staves.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
rachaz
Sojourner

Postby rachaz » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:04 pm

This topic only applies to a specific group of people, I would like to see Tiamat re-openned, it would give a breath of life to those of us who are a little jaded.
Rachaz
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:14 pm

i just hope its doable when its back in.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:28 am

doable?
rofl.
the players of this mud would find a way to twink the imms if they didn't lock their car doors.

------------------
-Daz "<^> (*¿*) <^>" Proudwolf
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:56 pm

You group-say 'Ash, pick the door to Shev's Choadmobile, then loot the stereo. Fotex, massmorph the room so no one sees what we're doing. I don't wanna be seen touching this thing.'

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:08 pm

Ash peers through the window of the suspect clunker.

Ash group-says "No way! These lockpicks cost me 4 copper and you want me to chance breaking one for THAT?!"

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”