I'm done.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
celara
Sojourner

I\'m done.

Postby celara » Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:14 am

I'm done for awhile.

I've been told off for the last time over this _game_. People with their remarks, comments, etc, I'm finished with. Until recently I had never said an unkind word to a single soul, until a ceratain person decided they have control over what I need and do not.

Think what you will about any of it, I know for a fact you dont have the full story, because neither does this person, which is another factor.

Peoples, there will always be more zones, more gear, more exp.

This is not about winning or losing. This is not about exp or death. This is, for me, about friends and fun, so as long as people want to shit on me and take it too far, I'm finished. I will no longer be brought down to the level of bickering and whining that I so .try. to avoid (nobodys perfect).
So I am doing the best thing I know, and ending it here, and walking away from it.

Thank you to all the great people in Northern Star for the fun times. You are too nice/kind/good friends, you are all the best.
See you in awhile.
For now, I'm finished.

-Celara

------------------
Just as soon as I belong/then its time I disappear
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:47 am

I can understand both sides of the fence Celara, being an older bastard that has been there done that and couldn't really care less to do it all again day after day...

I've won items first time and pissed off others that have been 20 times and still not won the item... but more so i go and i just dont win, and usualy by poeple that have all the items in the zone but just bid the best item for trading... with no concideration for the others that may really need if for the character they zoned with...

Either way if your a constant winner or a constant looser... either you or someone else is going to be pissed off..

Get used to loosing people, we all loose sometimes and after having winning streaks we win NOTHING for weeks!!! What goes around comes around...

I get screwed over by people that have everything just about every time I bother to zone... it does piss me off and i do complain about it... but i complain on selfish principles not because i didn't get what I wanted...

I can't say i disagree with people giving others a hard time about being twinky on bidding and being greedy, I do it a lot.. But unless you bid as fairly as you can every time NONE of us have anything to complain about....

Not asking someone that bids with greed everytime is it's own punishment...

But in the same light If you bid with greed expect to be left behind and have others jealous of you..

Practice what you preach!

Bid with honour or deal with the justice of your peers. "What do you mean **** needs a glober for a rare? The tool sholdn't have screwed me over last zone :P"

Ignorance can be bliss :P

Stay cool Celara, your always welcome with us Image

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:55 am

Can I have yer hammer Celara Image

I gonna miss you, you were always very steadfast in the group and you never lost yer cool.

Jasix. . .Great post Image I have not won a bid in at least 3 months, nuthin to worry about though. Eventually I'll lead it, then after I lose that bid, I'll lead it again, then after I lose that bid. . .well you get the pic.

Don't worry bout people bitching at you Cel. How much are you going to really lose out on?

I say don't quit playing, just find other people to group with.

Having people bitch at you isn't a great reason to quit playing altogether, but it is a helluva reason to play something that nobody knows and make new friends. You can still keep the old, just try something a bit different.

My worthless 2 pennies that ended up on the floor

Vigis
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:09 pm

gimme an email celara...i believe im still on the guild roster. Come play with us who mud to have fun, die, and smite baddies!

Gormal group-says 'fuckit going'

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:23 pm

rofl i remember that assault on brimirs just for ale! haha we own all.

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:37 pm

Cel,

No Ideas what has transpired, but I agree with what you have said.

This is not about winning or losing. This is not about exp or death. This is, for me, about friends and fun, so as long as people want to shit on me and take it too far [...]

I also had a problem once, and I quit and cooled off for a couple of days. I came back to realise that even in some dill pecker decides to try and rain on your parade and be a dink about it, let them, just proves how much of a geek they really are. Just let it all go, it's just a game.(To the other half of this story, I don't know who, I don't know what happened so don't take it as a direct assualt please.) I never really grouped with you, I just remember you getting the (or one of) the first elemental bags, and that was coo. Anyway, take it easy, and you're always welcome here.

Regards,
Lirathal
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Jul 20, 2002 6:19 pm

Just cool ofr for a few days or a week or whatever. I have no clue what happened, but remember that sometimes people have a bad day too and stuff and dump on ya. Its hard to not let it get to you, but keep trying and play the game for your own fun and say f-u to those to take it too seriously Image
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cap'n Touk:
<B>You group-say 'omg, out of brimir ale'
Gormal group-says 'NOOO!'
Gormal group-says 'Jot, at once!'
You group-say 'gate astral'
Gater group-says 'what about SG? we not gunna finish?'
You group-say 'omg man, ale is at stake here, gate astral at once!'</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As it should be! A dwarf without his ale is no dwarf at all!

- Grungar "Mmm, ale!" Forgefire
Lasar
Sojourner

Postby Lasar » Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:15 am

:-( Damn, Celara just as I as getting to know you too....
Yeah a lot of times people on this mud piss me off, especially people who have been here forever and feel as though they own the mud and the people who think they are pros at this game. Sucks to see you go, but I guess your signature was accurate.... "as you began to belong, it was time for you to disappear." As mentioned before, would love to see you back, need another ranger to chat with at one west other than Kas. Image

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”