name nazis

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Jul 21, 2002 7:26 am

Guess now isn't the time to ask for Shady as a last name huh?

Salen Shady

*stands up*
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:00 am

are you kidding me turx et al?

you want whatever title/name takes your fancy, go play one of the paid games whre such stuff is allowed because, hey, you're paying them for the game.

the gods here dont owe you jack shit. YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN REQUIRED TO HAVE A DESCRIPTION TO BE A PART OF A GUILD let alone a title. it was this way when i was in wyrm

if you dont like our 7 year old rules, go play somewhere else.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:17 pm

where exactly is it stated in the rules that you must have a title to be a member of a guild. where is it stated that lastnames, and guild tags are "titles." I understand the rules now, but I was confused at first too because I didn't read anything that communicated to me that you must have a description before belonging to a guild.

The title rules say you must follow the rules for descriptions. I don't think they actually say you must have a description. You must imply that a guild tag, a lastname, a guild title = a "title" and therefore require a description.

oh and i wonder how many gods would play here if there were 3 total players. so gimme a break when you say that its free and players owe the gods everything. we owe them a lot, but they get their fixes just like we get ours. Even Miax.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:49 pm

thank the gods that more players appreciate the mud and the hard work of the imms than do not

I'd have to say the unsatisfied and unhappy are a small percentage of the most of us who love the game and truly respect the imms....

My personal opinion?? it was hella easy to write a description and a small price to pay for having a title, last name, second name, whatever you want to call it

suck it up dawg!

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
The title rules say you must follow the rules for descriptions. I don't think they actually say you must have a description. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummmm, could you just split a few more hairs there, Kiryan? You have to follow the rules for descriptions, but since the rules for descriptions don't demand you have to write a description in the first place in order to follow the rules for descriptions then a description must not be required?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jul 21, 2002 7:31 pm

all im saying is it could be quite a bit clearer. dont even try to argue that.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Jul 21, 2002 7:41 pm

Titles require descriptions.
Being in a guild means you get a title.

It's very straightforward. Kiryan, you just like to nitpick and split hairs and question the wording of rules because you like to have something to argue with the majority in every thread. We know, everything should be downgraded and everyone should get to do whatever they want.

Here is how the game works:

The rules are enforced. If you don't understand the rules, ask someone to explain them to you. 99.5% of the playerbase is crystal clear on what the rules are (even if they don't agree). Someone on NHC would be happy to explain to you what "You must follow the rules for descriptions if you want a title" means if you are honestly confused by the wording.

Pretending to be unclear on the wording of the help files is not a loophole to get out of following the rules.

------------------
- Ragorn
Jenera says 'i managed to match a little, ragorn's outfit is hideous.'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jul 21, 2002 7:59 pm

look not everyone understands that your guild name qualifies as a title ok. if everyone did, then turxx wouldnt have been suprised and neither would I. and i went through this like 6 months ago, and a god explained what i was missing... everything after your name = title.

and ambar if that god appreciation comment was directed at me, you got me wrong because i respect the gods. I just know better than to imply that they are here soley for my benefit. They get something out of imming here just like we get something out of playing here. to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 07-21-2002).]
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:58 pm

when i first joined wyrm.

Diac tells you 'you need a description'

You tell Diac 'how come?'

Diac tells you 'it's required'

that was all i needed to konw. that was a long ass time ago.

i must have been asleep when that rule was changed.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:42 am

Description = fun to write. Not that hard to write, either. Good help files on 'em.

- Grungar "Oh everyone knows I'm in love with a monosyllabic girl" Forgefire
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:02 pm

You've all misunderstood Turxx.

See, the nazi comment was him just RPing his troll! When you are RP you can say whatever you want and not be held responsible!

:eek

------------------
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:08 pm

Way to open up another can of worms on an already volatile post gnerble.....WOOT!

Was not that topic killed quite some time ago? I remember it being very enjoyable to read, as is this one.

*Grabs popcorn and moves on to see what is new on the Anti-American imperialism thread*

------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
Zungar
Sojourner

Postby Zungar » Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:19 pm

ATTENTION!

After much pain and torture, the Maker of Mahem hath been restored to his former glory and fame.

Please go about your business and go stick your nose into the most responses thread so it can do better than the dumb political one Image

Go now. Shoo! SHOO!
Don't make me git mah shotgun on ye.

*Now entering Flight Attendant mode*
Buh Bye!
bybye!
Have a good day now
Please enjoy your stay in Bum Fooked Egypt.
Buh Bye!
Adios Senior.
Goodbye.
So long.
Go with Dog my friend.
Aloha!
bye bye!
Buh Bye.
See ya next time.

Zungar "Mr Redundant at your service" Eye Gone
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:48 pm

Caz that response wasn't just directed at you, but if your conscience demands satisfaction .. sure

it was directed at all people who fail to understand the job that a handful of people have agreed to ... in their spare time ... i was an immort briefly on a mud that was being built .. and in my short tenure we had to discipline players AND immorts, and i saw what a pain in the ass it is with just a limited playerbase ... can't even fathom what a HUGE task it must be to monitor a pbase of hundreds, hell thousands ...

i just dont GET getting pissed off at stuff like this ... if you have a question .. ask ... if your title gets stripped after a time, well understand that it is nothing personal, and that it is NOT an immort's job to name nazi patrol ... im sure NONE of them check who *player name* to see if they have followed the rules .. maybe it is a random check?? maybe thats when the player got nabbed?? maybe that person just fell thru the cracks for a while?? it happens ..

i personally love both people this happened to, both are dear friends of mine ... one of them is an ex-mud hubby of mine .. and i'm sorry their titles were taken ... but i fully understand why ...it's all in the rules ... i still feel that their titles should have been removed til they reached level 50 and wrote an RP story for their titles ....

this is the first wipe that i have FINALLY reached 50, and before that i always craved a lvl 50 RP title, so VERY early on I made my description to match my old title of Squish Squid ... check me out some time .. that description took like 5 minutes to write and only neded one easy change to be accepted ...

no im not a suckup .. i just see facts and rules and follow them ...

Edit: had i not guilded, my lvl 50 title would have been Squishin de Squid so all i needed was the story Image

-Pce Out

Jen

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition

[This message has been edited by Ambar (edited 07-22-2002).]
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>
Maybe you should sit back, and think about who it is that provides you with your fun before writing posts like that. Then, maybe reflect a little more and ask yourself - exactly how much fun would you want to provide to people who treat you like crap?

Just a suggestion.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*grin* no probs Shev, all yu admin and coders should knwo i love the work you do, BUT i still think it is pathetic that 6 months after I have a title it was taken away, just TAKEN no "hey wold you mind thining up a new title to fit in with the rules,... That I coud handle. not "I've taken yourt title you have to do this and that and flog three chickens and spank a small asian boy every half hour...

I dont exspect any different rules to anyone else, BUT when you cant police somehitng until 6 months later I think the problem is the police not the rules or the offenders... The admins had 6 MONTHS to enforce silly rules... but didn't so why do you think we are upset? Kind of like stealign a 6 moth old baby and expecting the parents to just have a root and make a new one...

Ruels are only good when they are enforced all the time and for everyone!! Not when it's too late....

Oh thats right it's too late for me...

Someday people will work out it is better to let a few things slide and keep the peace then it is to be overbearing on stupid rules that only impress the person that they apply too...

If the GODS!!!! can have stupid fuckign titles that change more then Ragorn's piss stained undies then I think you need to sit back and think about why the hell you giving us a hard time over something we had for a LONG time, thought up with good intentions and in the spirit of the GAME!!!

I do think Miax and Shev can do what ever the hell they want, they earned the right to do so... BUT if ANY other admin wants to give us shit then they best follow the ruels themselves or we end up having a bunch of hypocrits runnig the show like before....

I love soj3 and i like ALL the admins and gods, BUT if they want to enforce ruels they best follow them or deal with disrespect...

I can respect a builder and a worker but i cant respect a hypocrit..

(i'm a hypocrit :P but i can deal with myself)

Work out if you want to make rules, enforce them or just break them and think that it's ok to fuck with me...

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
Zungar
Sojourner

Postby Zungar » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:08 am

*grabs the rest of the errant posters and tosses em from the plane*

I SAID Buh bye!
Aloha!
have a nice day!
See ya soon!
Bye!

Zungar "I got yer airport security right here buddy" Eye Gone
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:46 pm

just curious though, y some people can keep their titles... with or without descripts/storys... some titles have nothing to do with their guild or class or race for that matter..00..

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:50 pm

Mmmm, another popcorn thread - with a few different players this time! You guys can be so entertaining when you're indignant.

--D2

------------------
Kiaransalee : (51) [ just call me beefy ]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:09 pm

I want a pony!!!! Bring me a pony!!!

------------------
-Yayaril
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>Titles require descriptions.
Being in a guild means you get a title.

It's very straightforward. Kiryan, you just like to nitpick and split hairs and question the wording of rules because you like to have something to argue with the majority in every thread. We know, everything should be downgraded and everyone should get to do whatever they want.

Here is how the game works:

The rules are enforced. If you don't understand the rules, ask someone to explain them to you. 99.5% of the playerbase is crystal clear on what the rules are (even if they don't agree). Someone on NHC would be happy to explain to you what "You must follow the rules for descriptions if you want a title" means if you are honestly confused by the wording.

Pretending to be unclear on the wording of the help files is not a loophole to get out of following the rules.

When you join an Association you may receive a title, dependent on
the Association practices.

i dont think thats very clear or staightforward at all, in fact to me that one sentence reads quite the opposite of whut most yall are arguing here.
to me that one sentence says being in a guild is NOT a title and being in a guild does not mean you are going to get a title.
i know i said id drop the issue but this is for those that insisted on pushing it
not everyone here has an easy time writing a discription
some people lack the imagination
some people are insecure in thier abilities and would rather not write something everyone will see
some people here barely speak english and they are supposed to come up with a discription that is without error in grammer or spelling befor they can take full advantage of things in the game like joining a guild?
i dont think thats right and i dont think its fair
i finaly cracked myself, posted a story that isnt realy very good for everyone to read and judge just so i could have a title that i too carried for 7 months b4 it was yanked
call me ungreatfull or whutever you will, all im saying is i dont like the rules and expressed my feelings about them. that is my right, when any of the rest of you want to see something changed you speak up about it, thats all im doing here
and again i apoligize for my very poor choice of titles on this thread

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 07-23-2002).]
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:07 pm

oh ya, if help assoc/help title was soo clear about lastname etc being a tittle
you wouldnt need help lastname huh?

who can we talk to about gettin our last names back until if/when we publish a story
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Turxx:
<B>not everyone here has an easy time writing a discription some people lack the imagination
some people are insecure in thier abilities and would rather not write something everyone will see
some people here barely speak english and they are supposed to come up with a discription that is without error in grammer or spelling befor they can take full advantage of things in the game like joining a guild?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scroll up and read where I said I would write not one, but three different descriptions for anyone who didn't feel comfortable doing it themselves. So far I haven't gotten any takers, so I imagine the problem can't possibly be as prevalant as you make it out to be.

------------------
- Ragorn
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B> Scroll up and read where I said I would write not one, but three different descriptions for anyone who didn't feel comfortable doing it themselves. So far I haven't gotten any takers, so I imagine the problem can't possibly be as prevalant as you make it out to be.

you must be in some deluded daydream if you think everyone, or even a majority reads the bbs.
do me a favor man, stop posting for 6 months or so, im trying to get to 1100+ posts just so i can say i run my mouth as much as you
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zungar:
<B>*grabs the rest of the errant posters and tosses em from the plane*

I SAID Buh bye!
Aloha!
have a nice day!
See ya soon!
Bye!

Zungar "I got yer airport security right here buddy" Eye Gone</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gotta work on them bouncering skeelz, cuz. It just ain't workin'.

- Grungar "Are we there yet?" Forgefire
Zungar
Sojourner

Postby Zungar » Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:50 pm

Ye ye :9
A guy tries to be polite and they just walk right on by. Mebby if I started layin the uber fanny smack down on some of these bozos, they might actually get a clue.

Zungar "From now on, no more mister nice guy" Eye Gone
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Turxx:
<B> you must be in some deluded daydream if you think everyone, or even a majority reads the bbs.
do me a favor man, stop posting for 6 months or so, im trying to get to 1100+ posts just so i can say i run my mouth as much as you</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crusader Turxx to the rescue for the little guy! Seriously Turxx, stop campaigning for changes that don't even affect you, but might possibly almost maybe be considered vague somewhere down the line to someone who doesn't understand english or is blind or has trouble understanding what an adjective is.

And please, it doesn't matter how many posts you have, because all you do is talk with nothing to say. You're all fluff, no content.

------------------
- Ragorn
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:31 am

youre right ragorn, the rules dont affect me, they dont realy affect anyone.
next time i have a question about something ill ask you, if you say its ok ill know that it is, because we all know if you like something there is no reason the rest of us shouldnt
im glad i finally came to that realization
thanks buddy, i dont know whut id do without you Image

Turxx "the newly enlightened player" Krush Skul
zusuk
Sojourner

Postby zusuk » Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:58 am

Me want some descriptions for guildies!

------------------
-Zusuk

[This message has been edited by zusuk (edited 07-24-2002).]
zusuk
Sojourner

Postby zusuk » Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:59 am

Ragorn, I need 3 descriptions... one for a male drow, one for a female troll and one for a male duergar... mudmail it to zusuk.. thanks for help

------------------
-Zusuk
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:08 pm

Done, hope you like.

------------------
- Ragorn
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:42 pm

anybody do stories? :P
rules dont say have to be written by you do they? :P
*DUCK*
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:23 pm

Wow.

------------------
Meatshield
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:02 am

I do stories. Am writing my own at the moment and it is going on 20 pages typed !double space, but I can work on two if you need a story Image

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:52 am

I've done stories in the past, and may do one now if I have the time. However, I wouldn't do stories for evils, since I don't know enough of the prominent playerbase to do the character interactions properly, and I don't know the geography of evil towns or the underdark well enough for an accurate setting.

------------------
- Ragorn

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”