How much of a geek are you?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jenera
Sojourner

How much of a geek are you?

Postby Jenera » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:25 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">61%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/girl_50x75.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.</td></tr></table>

Take the Polygeek Quiz at Thudfactor.com</p>

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:29 am

I don't even have to take the quiz.

We developed a M:tG style card game at work based on our consulting business.

*cackle*
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:16 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">69%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_50x75.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.</td></tr></table>

Muahahahahaaa, Drew Carey! And check out that score, baby.

- Grungar "I'm vexed, fumin', I've had it up to here" Forgefire

[This message has been edited by Grungar (edited 08-05-2002).]
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:21 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">14%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_0x25.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

Look Ma, I'm Ah-nuld Image

------------------
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil - Orbdrin D'Oloth
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:23 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">34%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_25x50.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.
<blockquote>
Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.<br /><br />
You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!<br /><br />
Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!<br /><br />
You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.<br /><br /></blockquote
</td></tr></table>

I'm rather disapointed by my results. I'm pretty sure I'm more of a geek than this. I think the test is broken! I have 7 computers for god's sake! And I've MUDed from all 7 of them.

------------------
Wharog Ear Gone - The Sigil
Kalthanan
Sojourner

Postby Kalthanan » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:42 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">13%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_0x25.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

Hm. Looks like I ain't mudding enough, eh?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:45 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">19%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_0x25.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

------------------
You group-say 'Go-chan looks like a man'
Sinusosaxiy group-projects 'if she is a man call me gay'
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:32 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">37%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/girl_25x50.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.
<blockquote>
You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!<br /><br />
Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!<br /><br />
</td></tr></table>

------------------
- Booty Assasin -
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:55 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">95%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_75x100.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">OK. There is such a thing as too much geekness. I suspect you're spending far too much time with the boys or girls of the Internet. The closer your score is to 100%, the closer you are to going right out the other side and being a nerd. Geeks rule. Where geeks are socially-inept, nerds are socially incompetent. Not even geeks can take nerds. So let's be careful, huh? Watch a little TV, maybe listen to some popular radio, read a little Stephen King, anything to ensure you can communicate with the 99.44% of the population that isn't all that concerned with the minutia of whatever it is you happen to be geeky about. It's OK to be a geek, but go much further and you'll be a genuine bore.</td></tr></table>

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:57 am

Woops, I made a mistake on two of the questions:

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #900; background-color: #fff">-15%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_minus.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">Boy, you really broke through the bottom on this one. You are SO not geek. I recommend staying away from conventions, computer stores, colleges, universities, or anywhere else people might display the slightest interest in something other than what's on TV at the present moment. Your mere presence among geeks of any degree is incredibly dangerous to the continued existence of the known universe. Here, I'll say it slow so you can understand: Anti-geek + Geek = Big Boom. Now go read a book, for god's sake.</td></tr></table>

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:06 am

50% geek...
Lasar
Sojourner

Postby Lasar » Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:30 am

45% geek...... hmmm translations anyone? Not surprised by this though.... am surprised I scored higher than Aldavien though.... :P

------------------
Lasar "I'm a 21st Century digital boy, I don't know how to read but I've got a lot of toys."
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:58 am

<span style="color: #090">28%</span>

Sorry, i'd just rather have this pic here than of the Mary-Jane Watson.

------------------
Leah A. W.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:55 am

I'm 39% geek...

A geek translator... lovely... I just consider myself a geek w/ social skills....

Bleh, they Monty Python beginning a joke part must've killed me....

Toplack "That parrot wouldn't voom if you put 4000 volts through it!" Frostbear

------------------
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Aug 06, 2002 7:08 am

I suck

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">12%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_0x25.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:29 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">18%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/girl_0x25.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

oooo cold pizza for breakfast YES!!!!!!!

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:14 pm

[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_25x50.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img] You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.
<blockquote>

GHA HA HA HA!!! Only 28%.

------------------

Iaiken Toransier,
Paladin of Torm

[This message has been edited by Iaiken Toransier (edited 08-06-2002).]
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by muma:
<B><span style="color: #090">28%</span>

Sorry, i'd just rather have this pic here than of the Mary-Jane Watson.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I would have used this one instead of the soj3 pic:

or

Hi kiryan!

------------------
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:25 pm

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">43%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_25x50.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.
<blockquote>
You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.<br /><br /></blockquote ></td></tr></table>

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:16 pm

wow! that japanese lady does look like mike
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:44 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
wow! that japanese lady does look like mike</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the penguin? rofl maybe that's why he likes her.

------------------
Rellanor
Sojourner

Postby Rellanor » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:02 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2" style="color: #000;">You are <span style="color: #090">35%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_25x50.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.
<blockquote>
</td></tr></table>

Rellanor places his fingertips together infront of his chest and says "Excellent"

Come to me Geeks of the world tonight we will take over the world.

in the land of geeks the geek to normal conduit is king (well he should be atleast)

but seriously I felt robbed some of the questions just didn't have answers that applied to me

[This message has been edited by Rellanor (edited 08-07-2002).]
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:15 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2" style="color: #000;">You are <span style="color: #090">22%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_0x25.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:10 pm

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2" style="color: #000;">You are <span style="color: #090">5%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/girl_0x25.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutia. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:58 pm

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2" style="color: #000;">You are <span style="color: #090">34%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_25x50.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top" style="color: #000;">You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.
<blockquote>
</td></tr></table>

Woot! They actually hit the nail on the head.
Marix
Sojourner

Postby Marix » Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:17 am

23%....It has to be broken (looks at the 4 starwars posters in his room)

------------------
Marix - Cleric
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:17 am

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">67%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/girl_50x75.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.</td></tr></table>

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:48 pm

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">0%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/girl_minus.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">Boy, you really broke through the bottom on this one. You are SO not geek. I recommend staying away from conventions, computer stores, colleges, universities, or anywhere else people might display the slightest interest in something other than what's on TV at the present moment. Your mere presence among geeks of any degree is incredibly dangerous to the continued existence of the known universe. Here, I'll say it slow so you can understand: Anti-geek + Geek = Big Boom. Now go read a book, for god's sake.</td></tr></table>

I took the test without being half asleep. Thats more like it Image
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:18 pm

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">17%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_0x25.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.</td></tr></table>

------------------
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:25 pm

62%

And I really don't see a problem with this.
Dirjornso
Sojourner

Postby Dirjornso » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:19 pm

Final Score:
You are 82% geek
OK. There is such a thing as too much geekness. I suspect you're spending far too much time with the boys or girls of the Internet. The closer your score is to 100%, the closer you are to going right out the other side and being a nerd. Geeks rule. Where geeks are socially-inept, nerds are socially incompetent. Not even geeks can take nerds. So let's be careful, huh? Watch a little TV, maybe listen to some popular radio, read a little Stephen King, anything to ensure you can communicate with the 99.44% of the population that isn't all that concerned with the minutiae of whatever it is you happen to be geeky about. It's OK to be a geek, but go much further and you'll be a genuine bore.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:39 pm

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="background-color: #fff; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 10px"><tr><td colspan="2">You are <span style="color: #090">66%</span> geek</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">[img]http://www.thudfactor.com/images/geekquiz/boy_50x75.jpg"%20height="170"%20width="120[/img]</td><td valign="top">You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.</td></tr></table>

------------------
malo mori quam foedari: I would rather consent Mori than suffer dishonor.
Taernil
Sojourner

Postby Taernil » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:21 am

Final Score:
You are 4% geek
OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.

------------------
The Forgotten One

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”