Silly Rangers....

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Nuran
Sojourner

Silly Rangers....

Postby Nuran » Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:40 am

Ok I was looking for someone,to tie up (for fun) I've never actually turned somebody in. So,I see konir a ranger at 3 west. So I sneak up,and tie him up. He said "Dude I'm trying to do CR right now.." So I said "well ok..."
And I untie him.

Then I go back to 3 west and he had all his eq on so I tied him up again. I dragged him for a bit,then let em go,and said "damn rangers...hehe messing with ya man" and I left.

Then a minute or two later I,am at the market square resting,and all of a sudden "Konir knocks you down and ties you up!" I said hehe lol you got me." So,I figured we'd laugh and then he'd let me go....wrong. He starts dragging me,and I notice Holy shiz we're going to the judge!" He takes me to the judge turns me in,and gets his reward and all....I get in jail.

I stand up,and about my 5th try I unbind myself. I get up and walk out,and see him on my way out. He says "Good job" Then says "I was really hoping for you to get killed."

And of course I would have died,if I couldn't have escaped.

Here's my point....aren't rangers supposed to be good? No matter what class difference?

I know now....if I see any ranger and hes wanted....his arse is going to jail!

------------------
Peachy.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:45 am

justice has nothing to do with rp, it is a way to get money and cheap pkills. players only rp their alignment if they are
a)dedicated
b)looking for a spanky non-artifact

------------------
-Daz "<^> (*¿*) <^>" Proudwolf
Nuran
Sojourner

Postby Nuran » Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:11 am

Role Play ALignment? WHats that?

------------------
Peachy.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:28 am

thats where you bid on items that you can use

------------------
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:55 am

But I'm so cute...

------------------
David
Lasar
Sojourner

Postby Lasar » Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:50 am

Wait.... so rogues aren't suppose to be tied up and turned in after they kill in town..... well there goes the whole social order of WD :-P

Lasar "Here rogue, rogue, rogue......" Caelitae
Croban/Owom
Sojourner

Postby Croban/Owom » Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:19 am

People have bad days.

------------------
- Owom Spiritbear -
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:22 pm

Daz you are such a moron. "RPing is bidding on equipment that you can use."

Why don't you take your bitterness to the mud and shove it up your ass. Its gagging me to death every time you feel the need to add a couple lines to a post. No one gives a crap about your opinions. And you feel the need to make someone (who obviously hasn't played that long) believe that you actually know what you are talking about.

Nuran - Justice works that way sometimes... I suggest to just practice up unbind. Some people just get bitchy about things. RP-wise, CRing isnt a viable excuse either. If this kinda stuff happens your best course is to just laugh at the person who took something too seriously and move on.

Spam unbind me and open another window to check your email or pr0n or something else productive. Thats all I do. Don't let a bad person spoil the game for ya.

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sun Aug 11, 2002 10:26 pm

Might as well add a few notes about how RP works on the mud.

Never just assume that someone RPs in a way you think they will. Many people don't at all, many only do so when they feel it's appropriate. That's why RP is a toggle. While many people do RP, this is not a Mush. Of those that do, many people prefer to not just strictly RP stereotypes of the class or race.

Now for some words on what happened . . .

Be careful of who you mess around with. It's one thing if it's someone that knows your quirks and silly habits, but someone who doesn't know you won't always be as forgiving. Especially where justice/bounty hunting is concerned, where people have said a lot of things to try to avoid getting turned in and a lot of bitterness on the part of immature players has developed. As a general rule, messing around like that is something you should only do with friends or people who do similar things for amusement and understand.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:25 am

If you tied me up twice, I'd be upset. Roleplay or no roleplay, alignment or no alignment. Being good-aligned doesn't mean you just let people walk all over you, nor does it mean you have to be good and cheery to people who inconvenience you.

The justice system is outdated on Sojourn, there have been several threads about removing it. Just look at it this way... tying someone up "just for fun" is like walking up to someone in public you don't know and punching them in the face "just for laughs."

------------------
- Ragorn
Jenera says 'i managed to match a little, ragorn's outfit is hideous.'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:12 am

How is justice outdated? Idea: DONT COMMIT CRIMES. Tying up and death by judge are perfect deterents to leave the cities and go explore/exp.

------------------
You group-say 'Go-chan looks like a man'
Sinusosaxiy group-projects 'if she is a man call me gay'
turg
Sojourner

Postby turg » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:21 am

Previously Posted:

Daz you are such a moron. "RPing is bidding on equipment that you can use."
Why don't you take your bitterness to the mud and shove it up your ass. Its gagging me to death every time you feel the need to add a couple lines to a post. No one gives a crap about your opinions. And you feel the need to make someone (who obviously hasn't played that long) believe that you actually know what you are talking about.

Nuran - Justice works that way sometimes... I suggest to just practice up unbind. Some people just get bitchy about things. RP-wise, CRing isnt a viable excuse either. If this kinda stuff happens your best course is to just laugh at the person who took something too seriously and move on.

Spam unbind me and open another window to check your email or pr0n or something else productive. Thats all I do. Don't let a bad person spoil the game for ya.

------------------

"Forward Mithrilguard!"

---------------------------------------------
Gormal,
With all due respect, its hard to get your point across bs starting with you are a moron. It almost makes it seems like the person saying it is a bit like one....food for thought. If you wanna get through to someone dont knock them....

Turg- Nuff said

------------------
turg
Sojourner

Postby turg » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:30 am

I didn't get enough in I spose. Why is it that all the oldies have to push their weight around and be absolute dicks to newbies, i.e. Gormal. All I see is Daz bashing. Maybe its as important for Gormal to be respected online as it is for normal people to be respected in the real world? more food for thought. Please stop making stupid comments, because one deserves another....

Turg

------------------
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:37 am

Justice is outdated because it was a system put in place to prevent people from doing exp in Waterdeep. It didn't work, EVER. It caused more problems than it solved, and it didn't even make a scratch in the issue it was originally supposed to fix. Justice turned into a PK engine, nothing more.

If that's not outdated and pointless, I don't really know what is.

------------------
- Ragorn
Jenera says 'i managed to match a little, ragorn's outfit is hideous.'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:52 am

. . . but i didn't even gripe about the crown Image

------------------
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Mon Aug 12, 2002 12:46 pm

Hey,
If they took out justice, how would Cirath and I have any fun? Anywho, on the RP respect of justice, I've never had anyone bitch at me. Why?

1. Only hunt people togged RP.

2. I can't track, so it's easy for them to get away... (Cirath plays hide and seek with me... damned search lag)

3. I tell them while I am still at the judge. "So and so, you are guilty of such and such, I have seen it has fallen to me to bring you to justice."

4. If they aren't down with that... I piss off.

Just have some courtousy...

------------------

Iaiken Toransier,
Paladin of Torm
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:12 pm

Yup I'm a prick to newbies. Why don't you try knowing me in the game before you make a snap judgment based on a flame of someone who no one can stand.

------------------

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
turg
Sojourner

Postby turg » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:36 pm

to my new best friend gormal,
I did not make a snap judgement I look at all your bashing posts and think that you are really judgemental....I havent really gotten to know you thank god i play evil. I know many goodies and Im very nice to them. Im just wondering whats wrong with your real life bro that makes you feel the need to knock on someone whos not as leet as u, guess we all cant be!

Turg- the PrEjUdGeR

------------------
Alomlim
Sojourner

Postby Alomlim » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:01 pm

Dalar wrote:
______
How is justice outdated? Idea: DONT COMMIT CRIMES. Tying up and death by judge are perfect deterents to leave the cities and go explore/exp.
______

I been kilt by justice several times, and none of them involved me picking fights around town, and all of them have pissed me off.

ATTENTION ROGUES NOT IN THE KNOW: Here's the scam! The names have been changed to protect the innocent, but the profit line is solid.

There you are, peacefully reading the For Sale board, or just twibbling, and a bored lvl 50 rogue "Lonel" starts in on the townfolk. What with all their unbinding, escaping, and hiding skills, RDF guards and gettin' tied up are "fun" for rogues.

So anyway, "Lonel" just happens to engage a townsfolk who casts areas, like a noble, thereby engaging the whole luckless room. Then the shouting for help and crime reporting begins for "Lonel" and the entire room of people. Ta-dah, fresh meat for the justice list.

Next, another rogue, say "Yayaril" stations himself right below the inn, and picks up everyone on the list as they rent in or out, and drags them off to beheading.

Splitting the tiny-assed supply of loot between the rogues is only part of the fun... the real joy is the hours and hours of lost experience for other people!

------------------
-Alomlim
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:18 pm

Don't forget Kaln, he's in on it too!!! He insidiously groups you, and then casts 'earthquake' over and over until some mob gets ticked and runs for justice, who then comes in and hauls everybody in the group away.

Sure, Kaln says it's because 'earthquake' is the only way he can get a chick on the ground, but it's obvious that his earthquakes aren't potent enough to work on the elven chicks, so it's clear that he's abusing justice out of a warped psychological disorder caused by his earthquake impotence.

Ashiwi sings "I feel the earth move under my feet... but it was only a three-pointer."
Ashiwi taunts Kaln.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>How is justice outdated? Idea: DONT COMMIT CRIMES. Tying up and death by judge are perfect deterents to leave the cities and go explore/exp.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just it. The IDEA is never outdated, but the way it's implemented is.

------------------
Aldavien tells you 'so um, what exactly have we gotten this trip, other than a pile of our own corpses?'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:33 pm

owned.

------------------

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Neman
Sojourner

Postby Neman » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:16 pm

If they would toughen up justice some,then it would be more effective. Level up the guards to where 1 lvl 50 rogue would get his arse handed to him if he tried to kill one. Ofcourse there will be the groups of high lvl rogues and such that will kill a guard now and thjen for XP,but if they put more guards around or,made it to where a guard waay south could see and help a guard fighting a player waaay north,it could help.

------------------
Neman is pronounced (Naymin)

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”