Hulburg

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
turg
Sojourner

Hulburg

Postby turg » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:32 am

I am not one to really complain to the imms for anything because I know how they look upon people who cry wolf. I also don't want to make someone feel bad for my views about particular zones, especially new ones, but more testing really needed to be done with Hulburg before putting it in. It is one of the most ingenious cities in my honest opinion. The city layout, the intense descriptions, to the extensive talking with NPC's.

However,
While trying to do the full zone of Hulburg something really urked me. I felt like certain mobprogs make an easy fight in one run, into an unwinnable one the next. If it would have made a fight a bit tougher that is one thing and its good to have things like that, because then you can test the players skills to new situations. But when a mobprog makes it absolutely impossible to win, even if its by chance, short of tiamat, is really not a good way to make a zone.

I love Hulburg as a zone and is one of the most in depth Ive ever seen, please look into these mob progs and possibly settle them down a bit....(I dont want to get into too terribly much detail because I want others to see for themselves). I hope the area maker doesn't take offense, I just see the progs as real kewl visually but just too random codewise.....Nuff Said

Turg

------------------
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:07 am

Can you do something about the keywords on the mobs and items? The most obvious words you would use aren't even there. For a pair of rough hide gloves (which are a joke might i add) had the single keyword 'glove'. A small bit of glowing flesh was marked as keyword 'bracelet'. There is no way we could have figured (maybe if we dropped, but what if it was transient). As for mobs, well you would think a beholder on room look would actually have the keyword beholder instead of drone.

------------------
You group-say 'Go-chan looks like a man'
Sinusosaxiy group-projects 'if she is a man call me gay'

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:29 am

What 'mobprogs' are you referring to Turg? the beholder eye stuff?

-G

------------------

Gargauth the Outcast
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:49 pm

What's this garg?

Did somebody finally put in a REAL beholder?

Right on. About time I say!

Now give those procs to all other beholders in the game (Meilech, MH mines, demi... woot)!

Regards,
Jorus
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:30 pm

Hulburg beholders are probably the coolest mobs I've seen since Avernus procs were put in.

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
turg
Sojourner

Postby turg » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:30 pm

yah garg,
super kewl proc not mobprog well from the coder side it is a mob program....but anyhow the beholders proc a bit much im sure tod can send u a log....ill let the other mudders see for themself...

Turgiepoo

------------------
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:53 am

yea the beholder eye procs are fine, but when you have 3 mobs doing there you can have up to 9 procs a round.

------------------
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:00 am

They don't know the secrets yet... Poke the beholder in the eyes, Three Stooges. The secret, unlisted social commands are 'nyuk', 'larry', 'moe', and 'curly'. Try 'em out the next time you hit up Hulburg and run into that particular beholder.

nyuk beholder
You poke a beholder in an eye and it howls in pain! Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

- Grungar "Strike the hammer while the iron is hot" Forgefire
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by turg:
<B>yah garg,
super kewl proc not mobprog well from the coder side it is a mob program....but anyhow the beholders proc a bit much im sure tod can send u a log....ill let the other mudders see for themself...

Turgiepoo
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Great procs - finally beholders are actual mobs to be FEARED! Turg, beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.. you're too purddy! check yer mmail Image

Ssryth.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:42 pm

Ok the vines are _really_ annoying. taking out more than 4 is almost impossible. once the clerics are para and the vines blind the rest of the group (pwb might i add), the fight is basically over b/c the mobs are lvl 45+. Can something be done about this? Also can the ghost/spec/3 wights fight be !repop? The zone is on a 30 min timer and fighting them _every_ repop is just too time consuming in an already long and difficult zone.

------------------
rorktor
Sojourner

Postby rorktor » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:13 pm

The ghost fight is nothing Dalar. It takes 3 minutes and nobody ever dies. I like it, and its defintely not bothersome. The vines I agree are a bit rough, but the evils never really noticed them for some reason. Just plowed right through. The 30 minute pop time is really cool in my opinion too.

I think people are afraid of dying more than conquering. I agree though, the beholder fights could be tweeked just a tad.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rorktor:
<B>The ghost fight is nothing Dalar. It takes 3 minutes and nobody ever dies. I like it, and its defintely not bothersome. The vines I agree are a bit rough, but the evils never really noticed them for some reason. Just plowed right through. The 30 minute pop time is really cool in my opinion too.

I think people are afraid of dying more than conquering. I agree though, the beholder fights could be tweeked just a tad.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea the ghost fight is easy but it's kinda lame killing the same 5 mobs every single pop just to get back into the canyon. As for the vines, you went in on the one time evils spanked it and got lucky. Goodies attempted 6 with a full group and didn't even kill one b/c half the group was either para or pwb. Dying in this zone means u gotta wait 1/3 of the pop time until the person is useful again. If it is the resser then you're screwed. This zone is already time consuming enough for the rewards but then again time/risk != reward

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”