My pcorpse has rotted in DK with all eq. Did someone found i

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Ruagh
Sojourner

My pcorpse has rotted in DK with all eq. Did someone found i

Postby Ruagh » Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:31 am

Well, my pcorpse happened to rot in DK stables with all the eq.
It has happened Aug 22-23 between 14:00 and 02:00 (EDT). When I logged in, I noticed that some gems from my bag were recently sold in Tebryn's shop so someone apparently has picked it up. Maybe you knew who has the gear?

------------------
Ruagh The Curious Troll pokes his long nose into another none-of-his-business matter here
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:37 am

Ok, please... whoever picked up his eq...
Have the decency to give it back.

If you want to remain anon, let me know in game... come give me the eq and I will not say a word, I just want him to get his stuff back.

I'm the one that CR'd him... I didn't pres his corpse, cause he was right there, and I had to leave. I figured he'd loot and get someone to pres it.

What I didn't know what that he had to link dead, and came back on to a rotted corpse and missing eq.

I feel like a big pile of poo, so be a nice guy/gal and return his belongings please.

Zalkenai Ark'Henneld
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:24 am

Dont worry, Zalk. It wasnt your fault, it was rather the fault of the whole group , because nobody has cared that I went DL while leading/keeping the group. It happens... All the eq will come back, eventually. Just instead of fooling around and leading funny spanks I'll do some eq runs, thats all.

------------------
Ruagh The Curious Troll pokes his long nose into another none-of-his-business matter here
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:28 am

didn't see it hun Image sorry Image

look me up .. i loan you my warrior's eq for a few days til u get up and runnin again (it's not great but i mean it whole heartedly)

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Fri Aug 23, 2002 10:00 am

Thanx honey. Maybe I will. But actually I was considering either a quit or rolling a caster... That will just speed things up. What Im really missing are hard to get quest items - those arent easily reimbursed, unlike eq, even rareload eq. Thanks for everybody who has digged their storages for me already.

------------------
apprentice
Sojourner

Postby apprentice » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:33 am

I really hope you get your eq back.... but it's not fair to say that it's your "group's fault" because "nobody cared that I went linkdead". 9999 out of 10000 times people reconnect after x minutes, so you can't blame them.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by apprentice:
I really hope you get your eq back.... but it's not fair to say that it's your "group's fault" because "nobody cared that I went linkdead". 9999 out of 10000 times people reconnect after x minutes, so you can't blame them.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can blame his groupmembers, cause they are ALWAYS supposed to press corpses.

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:40 am

Apparently, no-one. Not being a cry-baby, Im taking this as-is. Actually, that accident has forced me to think about the reasons lying under it. Gotta start a new thread, called "No More Zoning For Evils".

------------------
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:14 pm

huh...

so its your fault when someone in your group tracks a dragon back and nukes your bag but its not your fault when you lose link/don't make sure your corpse gets pressed?

i think its ruagh's fault, but i think it was pretty shitty that no one bothered to take 5 freaking minutes to press the corpse for 20 hours and even shittier that some greedy bastard ran off with all his shit.

I still wonder, why exactly do we let players lose this much time investment. it does not give eq value. It definitely makes some people quit and for good reason. its wrong when 6 months, 1 year, hundreds to thousands of hours goes poof over a small preventable mistake or a bad net connection, ect...

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:18 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
I still wonder, why exactly do we let players lose this much time investment. it does not give eq value. It definitely makes some people quit and for good reason. its wrong when 6 months, 1 year, hundreds to thousands of hours goes poof over a small preventable mistake or a bad net connection, ect...</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because this is a game, not pre-school. The god's aren't here to hold your hand and there would be no fun at all if there were no risks. Why should you NOT have the risk of losing it all? Was changing corpse rot time to 18 hours not enough? Come on Kiryan, would you really bother to play a game that gave you a million mulligans?

Erevan

P.S. This is in no way aimed towards Ruagh. It sucks what happened to him, but it has happened before and will happen again.

------------------
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:07 pm

If you need some things i.e. rare quest stuff i may have some things that i have no intereset in doing anymore...I also have some spare gear i could hook you up with, drop me a link sometime ingame.

------------------
"Kill them all, God will know his own." -Domingo de Guzman, A.K.A Saint Dominic
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:14 pm

risks are good. however the risk of losing 100 or 1000 hours because you forgot a prot (got dispelled) had a rl emergency had your isp/computer blow up for 18:01 (or 2:01 because you got dragged or something) hours is not a good application of risk. Good applications of risk on this scale is doing something uber like tiamat. Not getting owned by 3 or 4 level 40 mobs or finding out that some mob you never saw before is a breather while exploring.

uping rot time to 18 hours was awesome. So was the recent influx of prot acid and prot cold eq was equally awesome. Thats the kind of direction that I think soj should and seemingly does move. The gods obviously want us to be able to keep our eq, we've done lots to ensure these events happen rarely. the question is why do we let them happen at all? Does sojourn not have enough interesting features that we couldn't spend years having a good time even if we never ever lost a single piece of eq? Will there ever be a lack of alts to roll and play and eq? When prots and !burn bags are common what will be the next thing to re-assert the dominance and fear of dragon encounters?

Making this personal, should I really need to run to zk another 100 boots to score another black eyepatch? or do jot grid another 200 times to get another ymir cloak? Why do the proceeds from 10 5 hour cloud trips need to disappear leaving me little to show for my time?

All eq loss on this scale does is make people unhappy and quit. its not an eq sink, its not balance, its not even risk considering you can get all prots and !burn bags. its a huge fucking penalty for a small, stupid, unusual, or new player mistake. I should've known better in both the cases where I lost eq to dragons, stupid mistakes. kinda like locking your corpses inside a zone (oh wait gods reload keys in that situation too).

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:03 pm

wouldn't a nice alternative to nuking eq be eq damage? I'm not saying the eq becomes complete shattered... i mean on a dragon fight, eq goes to almost new, semi-new, good, fair, poor, bad, broken. then we could use plat to get it fixed, based on the value of the eq. would be a nice plat sink Image

------------------

[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
delmair
Sojourner

Postby delmair » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:47 pm

I would have to say i am with erevan on this one... what sense would it make that once you have gained something you have no risk in loosing it? I do also agree that eq loss on a grand scale as an entire corpse rotting and loggin back on with nada does suck. The real fun imho was the time spent grouped with the people you scored the eq with. I realize starting to re-zone with absolutely nothing is a HUGE bummer, but the ppl that you bonded with in getting the eq, provided you didn't mistreat them in the process, might have some spare stuff to help you get back on your feet. Money collected can buy some mid-level replacement gear from players sellin off their spare stuff. Think of it this way: you are a family that just suffered from a huge house fire...entire house burned to the ground. gotta rebuild! sure it sucks, but persevere!

Delmair, not usally an inspirational speaker

------------------
Delmair Aamoren
Glarec
Sojourner

Postby Glarec » Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:58 pm

omg i hate that idea!!!!! the mud i used to play before sojourn was like that.. *groan* every freaking time we finish doing something we have to check to see what equip we were wearing needs to be fixed and if we forgot or if the 'lifeline' of the item is short.. it goes poof.. groan!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>wouldn't a nice alternative to nuking eq be eq damage? I'm not saying the eq becomes complete shattered... i mean on a dragon fight, eq goes to almost new, semi-new, good, fair, poor, bad, broken. then we could use plat to get it fixed, based on the value of the eq. would be a nice plat sink Image

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:05 pm

I've played in muds where you lost gear in normal fights. You'd get the message that the mob you were fighting had hit you incredibly hard, thus shattering such-and-such piece of gear. I like Soj, I'm not replacing constantly, and if I go to the effort to not HAVE to replace it, I might NEVER have to.
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:44 pm

This post is dedicated to all the liches out there on the evil side, cause you made my life and many others so very easy, I luv u so much, goodies are missing out soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

much.

Rokub

------------------
Malacar says 'And Isma wonders why he is universally hated.'
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:06 am

Well, first of all, lemme note one thing - my warrior is re-equipped now and quite able to zone (thanx to all evils who have helped me alot with quite nice gear - and it was for FREE Delmair, evils dont sell gear like goodies). But the question was different - I felt a bit pissed with that and Im done with my warrior unless he's really needed for zoning/etc. The quiestion was - how does stealing is treated now. If stealing the gear in my case was legal (although rules clearly say it isnt, in my opinion - but Im not a god to decide) - then soon it will be legal to steal eq from unpressed corpses? (not going to say exactly how, but most of !noob players knew the way I think) The line between "legal" stealing and an "illegal" stealing is very thin... And it does constantly moves. When staff was dicussing PK on Toril (it was finally implemented as Arena), there were a discussion about looting gear too, and the result was that if the Pkill and looting will be added, we'll have 2nd Duris here. This wasnt added because people here spend too much time getting quest items, and dont feel like losing em. Now, it is semi-legal to steal such things in some cases... That just makes me think about the changes.

------------------
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:20 pm

nobody still "anon" even found the items and wants to give back?

any way to see who sold some of the stuff? then would know the person then...

i saw the corpse and it was there when i logged.

just shity imo

smushy talk to me in game, i got some stuff for ya
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ruagh:
<B>Well, my pcorpse happened to rot in DK stables with all the eq.
It has happened Aug 22-23 between 14:00 and 02:00 (EDT). When I logged in, I noticed that some gems from my bag were recently sold in Tebryn's shop so someone apparently has picked it up. Maybe you knew who has the gear?

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”