Raburi

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Maedor
Sojourner

Raburi

Postby Maedor » Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:12 pm

Having the name Raburi in the game takes so much away from Sojourn. It is crazy for Dartan to want to keep such a retarded and clearly japonese name. I mean seriously, didn't EVEYRONE think 'gee, that orcs name means lovely-What a stupid non rp type mud!'

The gods here are acting like American government and sticking their noses in matters that really don't concern them. (Don't get me wrong...blowing shit up is fun and all, and we need something for Jake (Gormal) to do...) Raburi takes nothing from the game...yer all just bored and looking for something to do. The players left numerous lists of minor tweaks to full blown over hauls that they'd like to see changed. Rather than trying to see how many old players you can piss off by changing their name after they have spent well over 250 hours using that character and building relationships, spend your time on something that actually has a positive impact on the game. seriously...

All that being said, in general the gods have not had this type of attitude. But it was this sort of thing that turned many people off to sojourn2, and even in retirement, it sucks to see history repeating itself.

And if Raburi won't be given his name back, please change the 3642598734665 other names in the related post that might mean something to someone if pronounced phoenetically in a certain dialect of the 3rd language of some obscure culture that lived 500 years ago in the next galaxy over please. And elf names like Deltin? Deltin rocks...but..um..that name is like a human name. If yer going to get anal, at least give everyone the shaft.

Wow I ramble much..time to eat. Cya all.
Greg
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maedor:
<B>If yer going to get anal, at least give everyone the shaft.

Wow I ramble much..time to eat. Cya all.
Greg</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kia does give everyone the shaft..read the news, all her post are downgrades :P

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:40 pm

*SARCASM ON*
How about instead of seeing how many gods they can piss off by violating the rules, old players who have spent over 250 hours using this free games that people donate their time to build and maintain can try to do something constructive that actually has a positive impact on the game. Seriously.
*SARCASM OFF*

We've all probably been around long enough, and had enough characters on this game to be made to choose a different name. Many times this is not your fault. I had to change a name once because it was very close to some baseball players last name. I couldn't name you three different baseball teams if you asked me, but I understood why the name would detract from the game for those that could.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:30 pm

if gods asked me to changed sok name to something else cuz it's my rl name than i would. like raburi can't go hey whats up it's me dartan.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:30 pm

www.daz.com - the FASTEST way to get traffic to your site!

------------------
The wardens of the cage disallow all commands except say, petition, project and help
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
if gods asked me to changed sok name to something else cuz it's my rl name than i would. like raburi can't go hey whats up it's me dartan. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sok is your real name, a name used by many filipinos (right country? i forget) and tons of people know about it. the fact that I was singled out and forced to change it is lame while sok and names with obvious meaning run free.

------------------
[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
Kiaransalee OOC: 'rangers suck'
Iyachtu OOC: 'and a lovely nite it is :)'
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:43 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B> sok is your real name, a name used by many filipinos (right country? i forget) and tons of people know about it. the fact that I was singled out and forced to change it is lame while sok and names with obvious meaning run free.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:35 am

Hmm...while readin the various bbs boards, i noticed 3 names that severly detract from the reality of sojourn3...

1.) Kiaransalee
2.) Sheverash
3.) Erevan

#1 is clearly a ripoff of a cheap Japonese car...(KIA) Also brings thoughts of soldiers killed in action to mind...a very...very disturbing name indeed..far worse than Raburi...
#2 reminds me of an American autumaker...(Chevrolet)...
#3answers the question "what does gormals mom drive" or "what is the 2nd most popular vehicle of soccer moms."

These 3 names are clearly in blatent violation of the name rules and should be changed @once...

Raburi for prez
Greg
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:22 am

Hehe actually Kiarensalee is actually the name of a cousin of mine. Young girl, but a wiz with computers... I am sure i asked Kia a couple times bout it =P

Change your name! =P

------------------
"Tracer fire works both ways"

Dalen the super paly.
Aram the novice paly.
Linelai
Sojourner

Postby Linelai » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:05 am

Don't know if anyone else thinks the same, but I think Sheverash sounds very Indian.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:13 am

And last I checked, these were official Forgotten Realms gods' names.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:52 am

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:31 am

gods != players.

makes a lot of sense to have a Cyric and a Lloth running around the realms while not having a Dwarven Drizzt or Ogre Tanis out there getting owned by buffs and podwives.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 10-09-2002).]
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:19 pm

omg! Shevy == Chevy!??!? no wonder they dont work :P

------------------
MoM-D
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:55 pm

"the fact that I was singled out..."

Listen, you aren't that special. You haven't been singled out. This happens to lots of people, they just don't whine like little babies about it.

Whe you go fishing, do you ever catch all the fish?

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:24 pm

This is a game run by people who give their own time to it. It's sad that there may be favoritism in it, but it's also a fact that it occasionally happens... sometimes for the good, sometimes for the ill. The answer isn't to kiss the butts of all the staff so that you'll get favorable treatment. The answer is also not to scream and cry at the top of your lungs, call names, make demands, pretend they're all jealous of you, and put up multiple posts about the same topic saying the same ugly things in seemingly new and delightfully witty ways.

I'm really not trying to flame, believe it or not, but if the same people keep having the same problems over and over, keep lodging the same complaints about their same perceptions of mistreatment... and the MAJORITY of the rest of the population of the game doesn't seem to be experiencing these problems... then maybe the problem's not really with the game and the staff. They're human and they react to the stimulus in their lives just like the rest of us, each in our own ways. IF it's true that Dartan's the butt of so much ill will (and somehow I doubt that everybody's really as jealous and vindictive towards him as we keep hearing) then perhaps both parties need to take a step back and think about the situation before simply falling back to the method which we all know doesn't work and only makes things worse - posting rants and demands on the BBS.

If I received as much poor treatment as is being complained of, there's no way I'd keep sticking around for more.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rausrh:
<B>"the fact that I was singled out..."

Listen, you aren't that special. You haven't been singled out. This happens to lots of people, they just don't whine like little babies about it.

Whe you go fishing, do you ever catch all the fish?

There are tons of people admitting they have names that have meaning in other languages. There is even a char named Lublie in game, lvl 11+ that never gets played. Which is closer to lovely? Raburi or Lublie? Lublie hasn't been playing and neither has Raburi, yet Raburi is forced to changed. How do you define singled out then?

And no I don't go fishing, but I do play other games outside of this. When I lose I don't go whining about how someone cheated (billiards, ping pong etc.), I acknowledge their skill and tell them "watch out next time Image". Also, I've been forced to change a char's name which was pretty much the retirement of that char for me. Also, I've also been judged by gods in the past without getting the chance to explain myself, just like in this case. So Ruarsh before you go flaming me, try to get your story straight.

Ashiwi - Would any change have come out of any name rules if I hadn't post? Remember how many stupid titles we had before Gormal posted about it? I'm sure Gormal talked to gods about that matter beforehand and at least he got to talk. I don't have many cases of the jealousy you speak of (i got a couple), but I do have some of the vindictive part. Talk to me in game.

------------------
[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rausrh:
<B>"the fact that I was singled out..."

Whe you go fishing, do you ever catch all the fish?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't bother with the ordinary fish. They don't have more plat or xp than the mean for their level, and so they aren't worth his time. He goes fishing to wait for those rare times Shinjin the 9-tailed fish appears. Then he ACCs and orders in a fishing boat fleet with drag nets, and captures ALL the fish in a broad swath, sorting them out into worthwhile and not worthwhile. He fries the worthwhile ones and eats them, mounts Shinjin on a trophy board, and dumps any unworthy fish he happened to catch in his portable hole. They'll surface later as trades when he decides he needs another dozen eldritches.

PS - Dalar, u know I'm just joking with u mang Image

------------------
Daz group-says 'rofl, moritheil is the mcdonald's of death'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:39 pm

I was actually once asked to change a name by a god whose name I would pronounce as a synonym for a prostitute.

/Disoputlip
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:46 pm

I can't count how many people, myself included who I know of who've been asked to change names.

If you've got a rational argument, make it, rationally. If you are just upset that you had to change a character name, fine.

If you have a case to make, make it, otherwise deal. There are plenty of people out there who get kicks out of trying to "put one over" on the gods. Be it a name, or figuring out a way to "twink" a problem. I know of one person who good naturedly has got all kinds of names through, and, when asked to change them, he did. No complaints, just changed the name.

Hell, Gort was just something I typed in when making that character about 6 years ago. Three years ago, someone asked if I'd ever played some obscure video game. I said no, why? They said Gort was a character in it. Was I asked to change my name? No, would I have complained if I had been? No, even though it had been my character name for 3 years, it isn't me, just a character.

Sorry for the rant, but Dartan, if the world was really out to get you, it would have got you by now. But if you're trying for a self fulfilling prophecy, you may be on the right track. Nothing personal.

Again, sorry for the rant.

Toplack

------------------
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:57 pm

I truly think that in the case of Raburi, if a god or some gods don't like it due to possible rp reasons, maybe global echo Hey, anybody find 'Raburi' is distractive in it's asian implication/orgin? By the way, Kia isn't japanese, it's Korean Image _Kai_ would be Japanese..so des yo! But wait, I'm a german-american! I got all kinds of questions about my character 'Akumida'...Clearly, now thinking about it.. it looks Japanese, the problem with most logics of people is 'asian' isn't Japanese/chinese...it's just Japanese to them. Like Lau..that's chinese, but most english people think 'asian is asian'...tell petrol to gasoline, mate to friend, Wiedersehen to Vederseht..etc. If it's not a specific or an obvious offense to the psyche, I would hope that it not bother anybody. An anti-paladin named 'Akumida' very damned well could be a human samurai..Mida in spanish is 'look (as command to look)' or Akuma in japanese is 'bad'...Akuma is virtually the essence of evil or an evil soul, basically. Knowing TOO much language/many languages can hinder one's perception of a player's name..especially if you think about or try to see into what's not there, specifically an intent to get by w/a sneaky name. I feel that the whole point of having a name approved, only to have it changed later is kinda sad..it'd be frustrating to be renamed unless you were that 'Nine' half-elf druid the other day I saw...You have to be an air head to think after reading about the name's meanings etc. when you roll that you won't be asked to changed.

I don't think it's fair to flame any god for what they have done, I have had the privy to speak to Shev a couple times now. Very nice person, as I'm sure most players are. Taking one specific thing and getting really upset isn't what the mud's about. Itchy adds tons for his seeking rp and quests..very conscious about what most would like, if they so chose. Dugmaren is ALWAYS busting his uh butt to make zones for the sheer fun/chaos. He's very talented as well. I'm sorry to other gods out there that add, of which I'm not aware... It's, to me, a chance to meet someone wonderful or charismatic to take away from probably stress in rl. Lilithelle, Touk, etc, are kick ass personalities - the reason I 'play' is to hang w/them and they're so damned smart, I like being overwhelmed...anyway Hope you come back Image

[This message has been edited by Burpie (edited 10-09-2002).]
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:16 pm

So, let me get the story straight then. You are going to retire a character just because you had to change the character's name?

The 'But Mom, All The Other Kids Have One' agrument has failed to persuade parents for countless generations. I don't see how it will work now.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:34 pm

How many of you seriously roleplay? personally i have a few times, but it's kind of hard to roleplay in the first place when everyone else is talking about real life stuff (no not on ooc :P ). how many players have you run into that actually roleplaY?

------------------
Leah A. W.

Golnol jumps into muma's arms and gives her a kiss on the cheek

Yonkle OOC: 'Sometimes ooc sounds like Sleep Deprivation Anonymous.' <-- ROFL
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:43 pm

Nilan seems to roleplay all the time, I know a few people also who do a fair job of it. I tried for a while, but gave up. Too many people RP in the hopes of following in Gormal's footsteps.

------------------
The wardens of the cage disallow all commands except say, petition, project and help
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:49 pm

all of you who are flaming him for being upset , telling him he needs to quit, you need to quit, saying he hasnt made his case is bull

go read the other thread

1) raburi is not a name in any languange
2) raburi is not a word in any language
3) raburi is not a slang in any language

saying that someone just thought his name should be changed bcause of whutever reason is silly, when other people who play chars w/seriuosly STUPIDLY obvious names that should be changed, and even interact w/gods dont have to change their names because of whateve reason be'it grandfathered in or whatever

my chars names? yup a few of my chars names could even be asked to change if someone wanted to be anal enough

if i had to change one of my main chars that everyone knew, and it was a bs reason, i would probably stop playing that char too

its not worth telling everyone in the game whom i talk to hi this is me, yes they made me change my name, dont ask me to explain again plz

my whole argument is, ok chnage his name, but if your going to make someone change their name because of an obviously obscure reason, force the obvious ones, and not just names, titles to, after all titles are suppoosed to do w/the guild and i see alot that dont......

------------------
MoM-D
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:58 pm

HELP IMMORTAL

Do NOT ask Staff members for clarification on any "help" or
"favoritism" another player has received, it is, in all honesty, none
of your business. We do NOT show favoritism, and will resent anyone
who implies this. If you feel someone has gotten favoritism from a Staff
member, most likely you do NOT know the full story and you will just
have to trust our judgement on this.

------------------
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:21 pm

zoldren u are so full of it. like u would stop playing your invoker if your name was changed. like u would stop playing a char u invested tons of time in. give me a break. dont make threats you dont plan on keeping. as bad as some mud addicts saying they are going to stop playing and just end up back in a week. heck i'm not stupid enough to say i'm going to quit even when both of my cleric got halved and all their equipment nuked. i stopped playing for 6 months but i knew i would need to scratch the itch eventually. if u going to make a threat give me your pword and i would delete your character for you, otherwise dont even bother.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:22 pm

All Hail, Sok! Platinum Peacemaker and the voice of Wisdom!

------------------
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:23 pm

I was agreeing wit ya, btw :P

------------------
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:11 pm

Sok, you dont know me so dont presume anything.

if i had to change zoldrens name yes i would not play him anymore save to locate something, maybe help a rl friend, but being my rl friends dont play much...and that would be the extent, and almost 0

if you had half a clue you would already know i all but dont play him now

and i have left muds that i loved, where dam near everyone was my friend never to return, deleted my chars, and pissed off a few friends on more than 1 mud

so next time you Think you know something, realize you dont

yes i have alot of ptime on zoldren, no you dont know who half my chars are most people dont, very few know most, i am almost always on as one char or another and have mutltiple high lvls 40+ what would not playing one of those charachters mean to me? nothing

i dont play because of my chars, i play because of friends, and i can still play w/my friends with chars they know *not name changed* because of triggers they have set up for those chars. Changing one persons name does not only effect that person but his friends.

to presume i would not stop playing one of my chars because his ptime or lvl is ignorant at best

------------------
MoM-D
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:54 am

fine but i still think its dumb

[This message has been edited by sok (edited 10-09-2002).]
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:22 am

omg i started a post that now has a neato flaming folder. Hell yea..ok..on to more productive things...

on a side note...wtf is up with having to study for a damn food culture and society test? We cook freaking food for gods sake. The tests are rumored to be harder than many physics tests...are you kidding me? It's food not rocket science...*sigh* pwned by foods class just the same...

Greg
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:05 am

Watch out for that parsley question, its tricky.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:25 am

<B>So, let me get the story straight then. You are going to retire a character just because you had to change the character's name?

ok Raursh, can you name one thing more important more basic than a character's name?

everyone moans that style > eq, skills > level, nobody gives a shit what your attributes are (maybe your hit/dam). frankly, your name is your character the only thing more important is perhaps the person behind computer, but even that is highly questionable. its amazing how bad and sometimes how well people will treat you when they dont know who you are.

------------------
------
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:25 pm

"Lublie hasn't been playing and neither has Raburi"

I'm sure that Raburi didn't go around goind "Hey guys! It's me Dartan!" right? I'm sure Raburi's reputation was built by itself and not by the other characters he played.

"its amazing how bad and sometimes how well people will treat you when they dont know who you are."

Kinda shows you your 'friends' true colors eh?

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
ok Raursh, can you name one thing more important more basic than a character's name? </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Class Image Ragorn got changed to a Warrior once, right before they banned me from toril Image

------------------
- Ragorn
You group-say 'What's up, bro?'
Touk group-says 'Accounting homework and skill practice.'
You group-say 'Ewww... which is worse?'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:51 pm

<B>"Lublie hasn't been playing and neither has Raburi"

I'm sure that Raburi didn't go around goind "Hey guys! It's me Dartan!" right? I'm sure Raburi's reputation was built by itself and not by the other characters he played.

"its amazing how bad and sometimes how well people will treat you when they dont know who you are."

Do you even play anymore? Or were you being sarcastic? This is the most uninformed post i ever heard. I used the fact i was Dartan to meet people on the evil side and to get into exp groups. Nobody will follow a fresh lvl 26 shaman to smoke but they will if he knows exactly what he's doing.

Huh? If they don't know who you are and they're being an ass to you that means NOTHING about how good a friend they are. If some lvl 10 noob asked me how to do silver bands i'd tell them to stop questing and go level. If it was Corth in his lvl 10 whatever I'd tell him the quest. Please for the love of god never post again.

------------------
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:46 pm

Dartan, I think his point was that even if your name is changed you can easily go around saying "Hey guys, it's me Dartan" just like you did when you first rolled the character. He was pointing out that you weren't so attached to the name "Dartan" that you couldn't roll another character, and you still used the "Dartan" name to make all your connections. You didn't level Raburi on his own merit as a new player, you used Dartan's reputation to set him up, although you're using the argument that his name is the single most important aspect of his character.

Sorry, not trying to jump in and get you riled, his post just made sense to me.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:39 am

he didnt go around saying look its me dartan but he didnt make a secret of it either.

but when you look at a level 10 shaman with tia crown 600 eqd hps who knows exactly what he is doing, it doesnt take long to figure out who it is.

and my point still holds, your characters name is the most important attribute.

in this particular case "raburi" might be eclipsed by his more well know character "dartan" but doesnt mean that "raburi" isn't important just cuz hes an alt.

------------------
------

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 10-11-2002).]
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:12 am

dartan backwards is natrad

nog

------------------
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:34 pm

the whole point is, he should not have to go around and say hey guys i used to be raburi gods changed my name

there is / was no real reason to change it

------------------
MoM-D
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:46 pm

This whole thing is utterly ridiculous. Raburi isnt a word in any language. I get the distinct impression that the only reason it hasn't been changed is that some god doesn't want to admit he is wrong. He should realize that it was an understandable mistake but now that we know the facts about what 'raburi' is, he should fix it. Theres no need to save face...

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:10 pm

I was under the impression (by a quick google search, and the posts in this thread) that Raburi means lovely in Japanese.

The rest of the post is based off this assumption. If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it.

Asuming it does, this violates the nameing guidelines, yes? Working on this asumption, there is no grounds to complain when asked to change it. Just because most people might not know where the name is from, even if Dalar didn't, is irrelevant. It's in the rules.
People should not be calling the gods nozey, lazy, stubborn or malicious. Dalar should not be complaining that he was singled out, or targeted by the gods. Think of it as being unlucky.
What should have happend was Dalar should have said: 'What? It means Lovely? Crap didn't know that. Ok how about changing it to Bob? K thanks.'

"Please for the love of god never post again."
Sorry.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:49 pm

the difference is he really liked his name and got immense personal satisfaction from being called "raburi" while you give a rats ass about what your char is called.

he's only as wrong as you are

i totally agree with what corth said however. you save more face and "win" a lot more by letting him have his name back.

------------------
------

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 10-11-2002).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:31 pm

Rausrh, read the first post Dalar made.

Raburi is nothing more than a phoenetic version of lovely. It's not an official word.

And by phoenetic, I mean that extremely loosely. I never even said it that way myself.

I mean shit, there are people walking around with the name of a piece of software (Kaza).

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:29 pm

Rausrh:

Raus means "out" in German and is part of a song title (Rammstein, "Rein Raus")

Therefore you included a German word in your name and it should be changed.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:20 pm

keep moving... nothing to see here (deleted post)

[This message has been edited by Zalkenai (edited 10-11-2002).]
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:40 pm

Malacar,
I assume you mean his second post, as his first was just a 'Everyone else does it' post.

To that I say you'll never get out of a speeding ticket by saying: 'But officer, all the other cars were speeding too.'.

His second post tells me nothing except that, in his opinion, Lublie is closer that Raburi to lovely. It isn't a question as to which one is closer, but a question as to what is close 'enough'. The gods are the only ones who can answer that question. Their game their rules.

Now I don't speak any Japanese at all, so let me see if I understand what you're saying. It's not a real word? It's like a phonetic spelling of a real word?

Would it be like me naming one of my characters 'Pheer' instead of 'Fear'? or am I not understanding it?

Elseenas, you should talk:

El
Else
see
seen
en
a
as

You should be renamed 6x! Heh heh. Oh and Rausrh was the result of a typo many years ago, he was supposed to be Raursh. I can't even pronounce Rausrh.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:11 pm

Rausrh, read this thread, it contains the evidence at which you seek that Raburi is not a name/word/log/proper noun in any way shape or form

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002137.html

agree corth

just give his hame back,

can he even log in now?... heard a rumor its basicaly site banned...unconfirmed though, true no?

------------------
MoM-D
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:31 pm

Rausrh:

Like what you meant matters for the purpose of this discussion?

YOU are the one arguing that names should be changed, therefore your name is the one that is prone to be questioned.

Incidentally:

RAUR is an acronym for Reformierten Alten und Universellen Ritus.

Raur is also German phonetic for the sound of a cat.

sh is the Borne Shell.

----------------------
Brief Detour:
Actually, my name is irrelevant. I've already pointed out the stupidity of this in another thread *and* dissected my own name there.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”