got time and need good laff? read it =D

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Iktar
Sojourner

got time and need good laff? read it =D

Postby Iktar » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:03 am

Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:38 am

Baaaaahahahaha! Scary and yet true.

- Grungar "Still procrastinating my studies" Forgefire
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:49 am

There's no denying the accuracy of the ladder theory Image

------------------
- Ragorn
Rondandal tells you 'I take it your goal is to clash?'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:43 am

that is almost eery.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:30 am

It's all well and groovy, MEN .. BUT ...

Chances are she won't wanna have sex with YOU .. so it's still all good Image And you can STILL be friends Image

*smile*

men are so silly Image

sure women are every bit as sex crazed as men .. but you know what?? we STILL control the booty in this o so technologically advanced world Image

-Pce (wink)
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:22 pm

lol I've seen way too many people who fit into that theory from college.. hahahaha
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:19 pm

Sad, but true. Yes it is. There comes a time in every man/woman relationship that men are relegated to one ladder or the other. The harsh thing is that it's nearly impossible for men to move from one ladder to the other, no matter which direction they're moving. It's like an invisible 'don't cross' line of emotional crime scene tape. Being removed from the bangable ladder means the guy either did something awful, or the girl realized something about the guy which utterly removed any semblance of desire she might have had for him. This process usually leads to a general distaste or discomfort which she will avoid, therefore avoiding him. Moving from the 'just friends' ladder to the bangable ladder takes an act of God. I've never seen it happen, but I won't deny the existance of the phenomena. Any bangability in a man is detected by a woman at the outset, and even if everybody in the world thinks he's on the 'just friends' ladder, for him to be bangable in the future means she has to see him as bangable through their relationship as friends.

As for the chart of what interests women, I don't think it's really money that attracts women, but something else which is much harder to define. Sensitive men are great, a sense of humor is fine, nice eyes... a really great set of bedroom eyes can take you many rungs up the ladder, but there is another trait which is much harder to give a name to, the "power" trait.

The "power" trait is related to charisma in many ways. Don't get it confused with actual power, there are many men who hold power, but are sadly lacking in the "power" trait. You can usually find men who have this trait at the head of the pack, but men with this trait can also eschew typical leadership roles, taking up the ever-popular and highly sexy "lone wolf" stance. Men with the "power" trait are often wealthy, because they are smart, organized, and know what they want, if they are not wealthy then they have a plan, if they do not plan for wealth then money is not where it's at for them, and they are building their drive towards another goal, equally sexy as money. The "power" trait is a combination of drive, ambition, charisma, psychology and wisdom, which gives a man the uncanny ability to not only say whatever a woman wants to hear, but also short-circuits all her BS-ometers, leading her to believe wholeheartedly in his sincerity. Perhaps he is sincere, which is what all women want to believe, and THAT is the secret behind the "power" trait. It is not really the money, power or fame that hooks a woman so hard that she's willing to set herself up for a fall, it's that a man so together, so well-defined, so much on the right track could see the qualities in her which would lead him to desire her above all those precious baubles and lofty goals.

It's the whole "Pretty Woman" syndrome. Richard Gere had it going on in that movie, he was all about the "power" trait. Deep in our hearts we women knew that in reality he came back into town a couple of times, they had some really great sex, and then he married some rich socialite snobby bitch with anorexia and a speed-dial number for her therapist, but that's not the point. The point is what we WANT to believe, and we want to believe that Richard Gere, his bedroom eyes, and his "power" trait are gonna sweep us off our feet for the happily ever after. We just console ourselves with the idea that if the happily ever after never materializes, then the really great sex is a nice second.

Ashiwi "Sometimes I talk just for the sheer pleasure of talking" Autumnmoon
Nuran
Sojourner

Postby Nuran » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:47 pm

God Ashiwi,are all your posts 4 paragraphs long?

Nuran "What's that word mean?" Incades

------------------
You tell Salen 'Can I get a ress?'

Salen tells you 'If you promise to stop dieing."
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:12 pm

Hrmm, ladder theory, it's all starting to make sense now.

Must go evaluate and apply theory to all past relationships and see if there was any chances I missed out on now.

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:13 pm

No. Sometimes they're longer!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:06 pm

The Dating Game
is still a subset of The Game.

We would all do well to remember that.

------------------
You tell Ushug 'err... spankmistress??'
Ushug tells you 'you can't help it, I've always thought of mori as a chick'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:14 pm

Oh - PS: Tilandal's theory, which I mentioned before as being masterful, amazing, and beautifully elegant, isn't quite like this, but they forecast similar effects.

------------------
You tell Ushug 'err... spankmistress??'
Ushug tells you 'you can't help it, I've always thought of mori as a chick'
Donuktanam
Sojourner

Postby Donuktanam » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:41 pm

well if anyone ever read a hundred days of sodom by the Marquis De Sade,i think he has something that goes like 'for there are a thousand occasions where you do not need to use a woman' Image Image *whistle*

------------------
You stagger from a fearsome strike by the bloodlord,Ouch! another hit like that and youll have had it!!
FLEE
FLEE
You flee west
You flee east
The bloodlord sends your head bouncing on the floor..

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”