Sojourn Support Group...

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Myre
Sojourner

Sojourn Support Group...

Postby Myre » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:18 pm

Hi my name is Zajan...er I mean Myre...er I mean Roka...bleh damnit..it's Tikabatu....oh wait....its'.....argh..i got it....Ryan.. YES that's it..

Hi my name is Ryan and i'm a mud addict...

I'm starting this support group for those people out there that get the "YOU SUCK BECAUSE YOU MUD TOO MUCH" crap from their significant others Image

This is for all those people out there who would rather do something active with their minds and NOT Log off just to sit and watch another re-run of some lame ass sitcom on TV with the same plot and story as always! (Whoa run-on)

Anyways tag this post if your a mud addict and take random shit from your significant other for mudding too much! (perhaps your favorite "YOU SUCK" story)

BTW: actively looking forward to a NEW and improved "YOU SUCK" story when I decide to take part in Malar-o-ween tomorrow instead of actually standing with her to give sugar to little brats banging on the door.

[This message has been edited by Myre (edited 10-30-2002).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:23 pm

*mournfully raises hand*

I've cut back though, and detached.

It's more fun that way, especially when you don't get as angry as fast. Image

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:58 pm

i was heavily mudding when we were engaged... i slowed down my mudding almost to nil... then i started to go into withdrawls... then we got married and i started to play again... then i got withdrawls from something else i wasnt getting enough of....

is there no happy medium!!!

------------------
MoM-D
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:45 pm

I can stop anytime I want.

------------------
Arilin Nydelahar - Zulkir of Necromancy

Death is a state of mind.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:19 pm

My name is Jennifer and I have mud *issues* :P

This is one of my favorite topics!!!

The "Jen i hate that game cause you play it too much ... jen i hate that game cause you giggle while you play it (shoosh turg) jen i hate that game cause .. jen the neighbors think you are weird for playing that game .. (screw them and their inbred selves) and the jen...well i just hate that game cause it's not REAL enough (sure turn on your x files)"

Well .. reality ...

If i don't play *that game* i sit and watch BORING Tv shows .. the man is addicted to shit like discovery, sci fi and travel channels which are fine on occasion .. but day after day .. how many friggin times to i gotta watch babylon 5 or x files!!!

I made him turn the TV off one day .. was like ONE HOUR! we had NOTHING to say to each other!! The four of us (yes the kids too) sat and kinda looked at eachother going .. what now ... after like 15 minutes he was like .. uhh can i turn the TV on?? I made him hold out til he just about went bonkers ...

Why does he refuse to see his TV addiction as similar to my mud addiction (well he will say cause the TV doesnt talk back to you and ALL THOSE MEN do ... (yeah in case you didnt know it .. i am *doing* each and every man on the mud ... busy gal aint i!))

I talk to friends here and there about my problems, and they tell me i should try to spend time with hubby .. well .. i HATE what he watches on TV .. and he NEVER asks me if i wanna watch anything different .. if you knwo me .. you knwo i LOVE to laugh .. so comedies are what i prefer ..

I also am not into the bar scene anymore (clubs so i can dance is my thing) ... im not into hard rock, im not into going out to get totally obliterated (yes hubby is into all this)

I feel as much (in some cases more) love and friendship toward you guys here on the mud than i do in my *real* life ... i care about your problems , i really and truly hurt when you do .. when one of you is ill (yes u should know who i refer to here *brother*) i hurt .. i think about you all a LOT ....

I often call you by your first names if i know them .. and i try to learn them when possible .. i keep track of your alts so i can talk to you ...

Does the mud keep me from my family?? I don't think so .. I don't mud rather than doing things in my *real* life .. My kids come first no matter what! I don't mud til all hours anymore , my job means a lot to me and I NEED to do well at it (I fix F/A-18's in the US Navy if you didnt know)

I love you all dearly (well most of you) and I TRY to be there to talk to you no matter what (barring when I am zoning and for that i am sorry)

Anyway if any of you need anything (a friend to lean on, etc) contact me ...

My ICQ is 11437902
My Secondary email is ltlanjl@hotmail.com

Love ya all

Jen
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:32 pm

of course there is always the "yeah, i'll be there in a minute"

which to this day i'm trying to find the microphone on the computer!

Whenever I say i'll be there in a minute the mud loads a mob or changes a situation to get me killed in the worst possible place so my 'minute' turns into a 3 hour cr.

wonder how the coding does this... not to mention the "YOU SUCK" i get for saying i'll be there for dinner in a minute and logging out to a cold dinner 3 hours later.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:00 am

I'm not a mud addict, I'm a S3 addict, been playing since '95, and have even lost a gf because of it. Have a fiancee now, and try not to mud when she's home (she travels for work about 70% of the time). I didn't get to mud when I was working my last job, and have been limited now that I'm looking for a new one.

But I try to balance life out. I just hate it when I dream of doing things like the Manscorp King fight and such...

Toplack

------------------
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:59 am

GHAHAHA!!!!!

I've born the brunt of the relationship vs sojourn dilema before and it sucks...

Everything from the "Time to chose, me or some stupid game speach..." (GHAHAHA I still won) to the trying to destract me while leading a zone... (I'd never gotten a lap dance before...)

After the longest time, she took up the mud too, just because my devotion made her curious....

Then she met my female friends from the mud, and got insanely jealous of their hugging, cheeking me... she quit after I ditched her to help Cerlayne and the guild... (I still think I did the right thing...)

But there have always been the jokes between her and I...

Gimme a minute, I'm zoning...
"You certainly are..."

One sec, there was a crash and I need to check some rares...

"I know a rare that won't be loading if you don't turn that damn thing off..."

*Sigh*

You just can't win...
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:10 am

One thing for me thats so addicting about mudding is that I (some of you?) imagine everything going on on the screen... Its almost like in 'the matrix' where they guy says 'I dont even see the text anymore'...

I .really. honestly dont mean to sound like a freak, but what im really saying is that to a passerby or lover it just looks like a boring text game.

Shrug, when I was married mudding pissed my wife off and one time I reached over and ripped the plug out in the middle of jot and said ok, lets talk. Heres what I did today, blah blah blah. She had little to say in responce. Obviously that wasnt the end of my marriage, but it gave pause for thought, and the point being: If you have relationship issues that are being blamed on mudding, its prolly not the only issue Image

And if they cant deal with something that your really into, who needs em?

-Geard

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:19 pm

I had these issues with my husband, even to the point where he was telling me how much he hated my damned game. He and I have had our problems over the years and through everything I've still managed to stick by his side. He was going through one of his wah-fests one night and I point-blank told him that the mud was probably the only thing keeping me from either leaving him or finding somebody on the side who made me happier.

"You want to entertain and be out singing in a band, making dick for an income, then spend all your nights out at clubs coming home at two or three in the morning... guess what, I don't have a problem with that. Name one other wife or girlfriend out there that will let you do all of that without either bitching about you not being home enough or bitching about you getting a "real" job and bringing home more money. You want me to quit playing this damned game you'd better haul your ass out and get a job that pays a decent paycheck and then plan on spending your nights at home from here on out with the occasional trip out for a movie or dancing, because I'm the one you're going to be entertaining after that. Now either learn to work with me in those parameters or let me choose the friends I want and the manner in which I hang out with them, because if you can't do either of those then I don't see much happy time between us in the future."

We haven't had a problem since then. He goes out and does what he enjoys and occasionally I get off the mud to spend time with him on the rare occasions he's home. Of course, being together nine years means he knows I don't bluff, and that helps.
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:55 pm

Heh,

My wife basically said that she was going to devorce me if I didn't stop playing the game. I told her that I would never stop playing the game as it was something that I enjoyed and that she would have to learn to accept that.

I've stopped playing recently for other reasons, primarily access at work. But I think leaving her is an inevitability. It's hard to come up with any good reason why I should stay around except for the kids. It all comes down to the same thing. My being in a constant state of misery is not healthy for me or my kids. I find it unfathamable that we honestly have nothing in common - no common interests, no common political views, no common views on religion; name it and we see the opposite. Someday I will leave, I am sure of it. I think at some point you even view reconsiliation as repulsive and then you just stop caring altogether.

Peace.
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:23 pm

ever since i was introduced to the game last year, I've had a lot of trouble keeping my priorities straight! I'm single at the moment, but I did get garbage from my last gf (broke up for other reasons) about how it was unhealthy to play something like that daily or even semi-daily...it really is addicting, ESPECIALLY when u become guild oriented (i.e. planning events, logging on at certain times u normally wouldnt log on, cleaning up my clouds spanks *cackle*...). Anyway, to make a long story short, in order to prevent my professors from devouring my soul, I decided to discipline myself by taking a while off from gaming. I do feel good about doing my homework (trying that out for a month or two, we'll see Image ) and having ample time to hit the gym and even blowing at least 60$ a weekend night at the clubs...but i still havent lost the urge to log on and You ASSOC: lets do clouds, we'll be out in 3 hours (yeah freakin right! Image ). To make this hard on myself, I scattered my equip out to the four winds (well, lent it to guildies so it would be tough to get it all together at one time) This game really is great, and the people on it are a blast to chat with...

Jalahon's eyes seem to re-focus as his nostalgia fades and he mournfully realizes he zoned out for most of the chapter he had been "reading" in his physical biochem book >:O
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keran:
<B>Heh,

My wife basically said that she was going to devorce me if I didn't stop playing the game. I told her that I would never stop playing the game as it was something that I enjoyed and that she would have to learn to accept that.

I've stopped playing recently for other reasons, primarily access at work. But I think leaving her is an inevitability. It's hard to come up with any good reason why I should stay around except for the kids. It all comes down to the same thing. My being in a constant state of misery is not healthy for me or my kids. I find it unfathamable that we honestly have nothing in common - no common interests, no common political views, no common views on religion; name it and we see the opposite. Someday I will leave, I am sure of it. I think at some point you even view reconsiliation as repulsive and then you just stop caring altogether.

Peace.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry bro... Image the sun will shine... tomorrow... the sun will come out... tomorrow!
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:34 pm

Keran,
im really sorry it ended up like that...i think my parents are going through the same thing right now (aside from the mudding issue). They've been off an on for a long time, and i recently found out that they stayed together because of us, (me and my little sisters) sacrificing their own sanity (how it seems, sometimes) for our possible depression over the seperation. With all the obvious anguish I've seen in them I honestly would have rather seen them seperated and happy with their lives (I would have been able to accept the seperation at any age...). I get along great with both of them (so do my little sisters, although they are girls and get catty every once in a while *cackle*), and dont have any problem having to see them in two locations. Just figured u might wanna hear the perspective of a child (past tense me!) and a slightly(?) older child Image. I hope whatever happens, that it works out for the better...sorry to hijack the thread! Image
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silsaterur:
(I'd never gotten a lap dance before...)</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I can relate. Heh. Things she'd do to try and get my attention away from the computer... Lap dances, strip teases, uh... other... things... to try and pry my attention away from the comp. Seemed she only wanted my attention when I was doing something else- mudding, homework, watching hockey. That kinda thing. She made no sense. She was super psychotic and I ended up kicking her to the curb anyways. She was broken and the warranty had expired. Over the course of almost three years, I tried to get her help, she refused, then one day, I demanded she get help or I'd leave; she refused, and so finally I left. She acted so surprised. Yay for dysfunctional relationships!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jalahon:
Jalahon's eyes seem to re-focus as his nostalgia fades and he mournfully realizes he zoned out for most of the chapter he had been "reading" in his physical biochem book >:O</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woo, biochem! Yay biochem! I really space out when reading my analytical chem, though. Damn titrations. "Ok, let's titrate something 72 different ways! It's relevant, I swear!" Honestly, who cares about argentometric determination of chloride in solution? Or the difference between iodometric and iodimetric quantitation? Not me.

- Grungar "I own HPLC" Forgefire

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”