RL Proposals

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Keran
Sojourner

RL Proposals

Postby Keran » Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:46 pm

For all you married and divorced people out there was curious where you were and what you were doing when you proposed or were proposed to.

As for me, she was in bed crying about how she was going to die an old maid, so I kinda felt compelled to ask. I guess I should have taken that as an omen *ponder* Oh well, on with the stories!

Toarn
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:55 pm

I had just graduated from college and was helping my sister pack up to move home and James popped the question in the parking lot in front of my family and his mom Image He was in a lot of pain because the week before that, he sliced his toe to the nerve layer with the lawnmower. Was REALLY lucky he didn't slice his whole foot off!

I said yes before I even looked at the ring, and it was the 2nd happiest day of my life (1st one being the day we were married) Image

Of course, my dad kept trying to talk me out of marrying him Image but he couldn't *evil grin* Never looked back since Image

------------------
Musi "Desperate to get ress" {-Randgriur-} Waelcyrge Sororitas
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:00 pm

Most of you that know me, already know I'm a guy.. but a few of you may not. So now you know.

I proposed to mine one Christmas Eve, with her whole family around. I had secretly bought her ring with the help of a store manager from the jewelry store. She knew the manager, so she played it off like someone else must have bought the ring. She was heart broken. So imagine her surprise, after opening 4 presents, each one smaller than the other with a note telling her to open the next, smaller present. She could barely contain her excitement as she opened the last present.. Hell.. she almost ripped the entire box apart. She was saying yes and crying before I could even finish the question.

The bad part of the story is that we're now getting a divorce. That story is not as pretty as the first one Image
Fura
Sojourner

Postby Fura » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:31 pm

The first time Sylvos asked me to marry him was very anticlimactic. I was 4 months pregnant, and had been to the immigration office to get the application to sponsor him, and found out it'd be easiest if we were married. We'd talked about wanting to be married to each other before, so I thought it would be a good idea to get the spouse form.

I told him when we got together on the prior Sojourn in Split Shield, and suggested he might have a question to ask me.

Sylvos group-says, "Would you like fries with that?"

*sigh*

But later, when we'd worked out most of the wedding plans, and he had contacted most of the state agencies and the FBI to get his criminal record together (all clean, of course) so he could apply for landed immigrancy, he phoned me and properly asked. I'd had to sit on the floor because at 6 months pregnant with bad joints already it was hard to be standing, the sunshine was pouring in the window, and my sister's family was happily chatting in the livingroom.

I guess it was a moot point, really, but that's where I was...
Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:56 pm

I basically was crying about how my boyfriend was just stringing me along and Ill never get married..hmmm sounds like Toarns fiancé...well my boyfriend did just as Toarn did...he asked me...Let me set the mood, hes watching TV, I'm crying and complaining, he looks at me says ok lets get married, I said "get on your knee" he did just that and asked "will you marry me" .....silly girl that I was, that's not the way it should be Image For all you girls out there waiting for your man to propose...never pressure him!!
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Slavan:
<B> For all you girls out there waiting for your man to propose...never pressure him!!
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to drive this message home...a recent story concerning a relative of mine:

Gal and Guy had been dating for just over a year and recently Gal moved in with Guy (who still charged her rent, even though Gal was bangin Guy...just to forshadow what kinda guy Guy is). Anyhoo, Gal does what many women do at her age...sees that college is ending soon and wants to start thinking about setting up a family. Gal waits for Guy to ask her to marry. Gal keeps waiting. Gal gets frustrated and pressures Guy into asking for her hand. Gal starts planning wedding, while Guy fidgets uncomfortably (for a couple of months). Wedding plans got complicated...Guy freaks out. Guy goes on 3 day drunk-fest and breaks up with Gal. Guy then starts sleeping with different women. Gal catches them while she's packing up to move out. Guy comes up to Gal about half an hour or so later and says, 'Hey, don't we have a midterm today?' Gal nods. Guy says, 'Can I borrow your notes?' Gal says, 'No, you insensitive jerk!' Guy says, 'Hey, you're not going to be...like...mad about this are you?'

Moral of the story...Don't pressure someone who isn't ready for marriage. Maturity plays a big part in being ready.

My own personal story: I proposed to my (future) wife at a sushi restaraunt in Monterrey. I shocked her by eating sushi...which to this day I hate...then asked her while she was still in shock.

------------------
Izarek / Raevithar / Fyzzlroo

[This message has been edited by izarek (edited 10-31-2002).]
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:14 pm

I took my (now) wife to one of those parks with all the christmas lights and we walked around. I took her to the top of a hill under the huge light-tree overlooking the lake and asked. No TV involved.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:26 am

I had been dating this guy for 3 years, one year online and 2 years in real life. I eventually moved in with him, he lived in California, I in New Jersey. I made the stupid mistake of throwing away everything I had to go to him though I should have realized he was a *censored*. I had been living with him almost a year when he decides he wants to take me out to my favorite restaurant and spot by the beach. He found out from one of my friends that I used to go to the spot everyday to cry. We are in his car and he pops the question, at first I was happy, thought he cared. But then he ruins it all by saying, "After all, think of all the money I would save in taxes if I marry you now."

Two months later, I found out he had been cheating on me for quite some time and confronted him about it. He told me to my face that I wasn't rich enough, smart enough, pretty enough, or good enough to be his girlfriend, let alone his wife and dumped me.

That really sucked Image

------------------
Arishae wears a beautiful white cape enshrouded in fairy magic about his body.

Twyl says 'That cloak is just one of the many reasons I'd like to punch Kevin in the face.'

Twyl says 'But then again, I'm a jackass.'
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:44 am

Jenera, the more I find out about this guy from you, the more I want to break his face.

Honestly, just say the word and I'll beat him into a bloody puddle.

Hell, I could visit some of the east coast mudders whild I am at it...
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:48 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silsaterur:
<B>Jenera, the more I find out about this guy from you, the more I want to break his face.

Honestly, just say the word and I'll beat him into a bloody puddle.

Hell, I could visit some of the east coast mudders whild I am at it...</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silsa sees the goodness of Smiting!

------------------
You tell Ushug 'err... spankmistress??'
Ushug tells you 'you can't help it, I've always thought of mori as a chick'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”